Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phylodox posted:

Skye does laundry.

I'd watch it everyweek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Funny that the two important characters revealed to have mixed human-alien DNA, Skye and Rania, are both played by biracial actresses.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

The MSJ posted:

Funny that the two important characters revealed to have mixed human-alien DNA, Skye and Rania, are both played by biracial actresses.

Well that hasn't been revealed about them at all actually unless I've missed something.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Well that hasn't been revealed about them at all actually unless I've missed something.

That spoiler article linked earlier did say important stuff are going to be revealed about both women's nature. Pretty much everything hinted at so far points to that.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

The MSJ posted:

That's a very interesting detail, now that you mention it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Do we know by now that The Diviner only spares people with Inhuman or Kree DNA? Or that there might be some other qualifier? Do we know that Raina has alien DNA for any reason other than the thing didn't kill her?

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Toplowtech posted:

What if Skye's dad medical training/experiments on criminals is done in order to remove the stolen organs intact and put them back inside his dead wife to bring her back to life?
Edit: better theory: he used his blood to keep his wife alive and is playing doctor to stole human organs and use them to keep skye's moon alive and now he is just waiting for the right occasion to get her organs back.

Doesn't seem likely. Remember how he told Whitehall that he would be reunited with his family "in the afterlife."

Dude just wants to die and take everyone else with him.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, I guess it's a good thing that Truth Serum in Season 1 was fake. If it was real, that would have been preeeety awkward.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

So, I guess it's a good thing that Truth Serum in Season 1 was fake. If it was real, that would have been preeeety awkward.

Yeah it was really smart for them to clarify that in a later episode.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

e X posted:

I think the Inhumans are right up there with Dr. Strange as characters who are technically important to the MU, but practically were never poplar enough to warrant their own series.

They just seem unnecessary in a world where mutants exist. The whole conceit was just a quick and easy way for someone to have crazy powers and not have to come up with an elaborate origin. Once mutants began to take off as the allegory that keeps on giving, what use did Inhumans have?

Now that mutants don't exist in the Marvel universe, well, that's something else.

DukeofCA posted:

Doesn't seem likely. Remember how he told Whitehall that he would be reunited with his family "in the afterlife."

Pretty sure his "in the afterlife" quip was a way to dodge suspicion from Whitehall considering he kind of accidentally revealed his motive to the guy he's playing.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

DukeofCA posted:

I read that as him not wanting Whitehall to know about Skye so he pretended his family was dead.

It's good not to have loved ones for supervillains to leverage against you.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah I agree, with what we now know about SkyeDad he probably did slip up, on account of being straight nutso, and then just kind of covered for it. Since he's so nutso, the cover worked pretty well.

I think Whitehall is most likely to be taken down by Skye now, potentially after she awakens some Inhuman powers. There'd be some poetic justice in that.

I also like the idea that somewhere the youngest Ward brother is working as a cashier at Best Buy, having been unable to focus on his studies after his Well trauma. Just minding his own business while his brothers become Senators and psychopaths.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

You know what I really like about the Ward/Whitehall/Doctor Daddy meeting at the end? You can tell that all three of them are totally planning to kill the other two as soon as it becomes practical to do so. Who's going to take the shot first? I'm really looking forward to finding out!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DukeofCA posted:

I did more reading into that than most people did, it seems.

"Afterlife" could be interpreted as "in the life after the Diviner activates whatever is down there". That entire conversation between Skyedad and Whitehall is just CHOCK FULL of concealed language and double-meanings.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Said the guy with the Jay Cutler avatar. =P

Oh god no, being a Bears fan I have mastered the art of suspended disbelief. You couldn't watch that team week in and week out without having the ability to laugh at stupid poo poo and not take it seriously, otherwise you end drunk with aneurysms calling a post game show on The Score.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

jng2058 posted:

You know what I really like about the Ward/Whitehall/Doctor Daddy meeting at the end? You can tell that all three of them are totally planning to kill the other two as soon as it becomes practical to do so. Who's going to take the shot first? I'm really looking forward to finding out!

The Old, the Dad, and the Crazy

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

jng2058 posted:

Season 2 is starting to feel a lot like Jonathan Hickman's Secret Warriors comic, which dealt with Nick Fury's secret teams of young superhumans acting independently of SHIELD, as well as the power struggles within the highest ranks of Hydra and a competing evil organization, Leviathan. And the villains were the most interesting part, with all the double- and triple-crosses. I believe Whitehall first appeared in Secret Warriors, come to think of it.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The fact that we've gone all this time without anyone on the show mentioning Skye's Dad's name, and that we haven't heard Skye's real name (according to Dad, anyway) leads me to expect that one of them is going to be a character a comics reader would know. If not, there's really no other reason to be dodging the names for so long.

"Her name is not Skye! It's... Lockjaw."

or maybe

"How dare you keep me, the great Doctor Bong, from my Daughter!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Robot Hobo posted:

Beverly. Its not a set up for Inhumans but the Howard the Duck film!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DukeofCA posted:

I don't buy his "in the afterlife" line. Another thing: i don't get why he is working as a doctor despite clearly hating his clients to the point he don't mind killing them. At first, i thought it was him just being amoral but now we know his background if you add the fact his wife got some organs stolen and he seems angry skye don't understand the situation and thinks he is a monster, i think it's possible his violent behavior is a mean to an end, not just blind violence. It looks to me he became crazy because of what he need to do instead of doing what he does because he is crazy.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 20, 2014

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Toplowtech posted:

I don't buy his "in the afterlife" line. Another thing: i don't get why he is working as a doctor despite clearly hating his clients to the point he don't mind killing them. At first, i thought it was him just being amoral but now we know his background if you add the fact his wife got some organs stolen and he seems angry skye don't understand the situation and thinks he is a monster, i think it's possible his violent behavior is a mean to an end, not just blind violence. It looks to me he became crazy because of what he need to do instead of doing what he does because he is crazy.

The city is probably called "the afterlife."

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

The fact that we've gone all this time without anyone on the show mentioning Skye's Dad's name, and that we haven't heard Skye's real name (according to Dad, anyway) leads me to expect that one of them is going to be a character a comics reader would know. If not, there's really no other reason to be dodging the names for so long.

"Her name is not Skye! It's... Lockjaw."

or maybe

Aren't a lot of people guessing they're going to be Daisy Johnson/Quake and Calvin Zabo/Mister Hyde?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Dexo posted:

Oh god no, being a Bears fan I have mastered the art of suspended disbelief. You couldn't watch that team week in and week out without having the ability to laugh at stupid poo poo and not take it seriously, otherwise you end drunk with aneurysms calling a post game show on The Score.

...did you, after 55-14?

OB_Juan posted:

The Old, the Dad, and the Crazy

Can we get this to be the new thread title? This is perfect.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 20, 2014

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
My favorite thing about crazy rear end Ward is the fact that in his mind his actions are justified. I mean, yeah Christian was a hosed up kid that made a mistake, but nothing he did at that well compares to the poo poo that Ward has done since he was a teen.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

You take that back you sonuvabitch Mack will never betray his best bro Fitz.

I hope he doesn't because Mack and Fitz is my favorite pairing team-up on the show. And Fitz was already betrayed by his bro Ward from the first season.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Stayne Falls posted:

Pretty sure his "in the afterlife" quip was a way to dodge suspicion from Whitehall considering he kind of accidentally revealed his motive to the guy he's playing.

I'm not sure he was trying to dodge suspicion from Whitehall. He said "It's always good to look your enemy directly in the eye," and then deliberately looked Whitehall directly in the eye. I doubt Whitehall could have missed something that obvious.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
These are comic book villains. It's practically an unspoken gentleman's agreement not to point it out when the other is foreshadowing the inevitable betrayal.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Toplowtech posted:

Didn't they also say in this episode that Skye's dad did not kill everyone in the village, instead it was Whitehall who is responsible? That he is not as big of a monster that Skye thinks he is? Also all this talk of him wanting to do make a first impression, makes me think that he is going to sacrifice himself to save Skye from Whitehall.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
That vivisection scene is still sticking with me. The show's like "in case you forgot, he IS a nazi, this is what nazis do." Not even over the top gore, just... horrifying. Then poor Muad'Dad having to find her hollowed out in the woods.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Red Queen posted:

That vivisection scene is still sticking with me. The show's like "in case you forgot, he IS a nazi, this is what nazis do." Not even over the top gore, just... horrifying. Then poor Muad'Dad having to find her hollowed out in the woods.

They should have had her dead wrapped in plastic.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Shorthand for 'exotic yet familiar.'

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Barry Convex posted:

I figured this would be the first response, and I dig the book, but a protagonist who happens to be Inhuman does not an Inhumans story make. Up until the point where Kamala actually meets the Royal Family, her origin could be replaced with any other with no impact on the story or her character.

Marvel has planned for like 4 years now to stop using Mutants in comic books because they don't own the movie rights. It's rather crazy to be honest.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

this is the best name.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Marvel has planned for like 4 years now to stop using Mutants in comic books because they don't own the movie rights. It's rather crazy to be honest.

I really doubt that since the X-men are some of their biggest sellers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Didn't they also say in this episode that Skye's dad did not kill everyone in the village, instead it was Whitehall who is responsible? That he is not as big of a monster that Skye thinks he is? Also all this talk of him wanting to do make a first impression, makes me think that he is going to sacrifice himself to save Skye from Whitehall.

As far as I recall, the last the show said Skye 084ed and everyone died. When they introduced her father some people speculated it was actually him but I don't remember the show touching on that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Season 2 is starting to feel a lot like Jonathan Hickman's Secret Warriors comic, which dealt with Nick Fury's secret teams of young superhumans acting independently of SHIELD, as well as the power struggles within the highest ranks of Hydra and a competing evil organization, Leviathan. And the villains were the most interesting part, with all the double- and triple-crosses. I believe Whitehall first appeared in Secret Warriors, come to think of it.

Isn't Whitehall based on Kraken from that story too?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

As far as I recall, the last the show said Skye 084ed and everyone died. When they introduced her father some people speculated it was actually him but I don't remember the show touching on that.

I thought Whitehall gave orders to wipe everyone in the village.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

The Red Queen posted:

I think part of it is that we know its Skye's mom. That just makes it worse (as if a horrible vivisection isn't bad already). And he basically drank her fluids to be younger again, right? Jesus christ that episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh, I must not have heard that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

I think part of it is that we know its Skye's mom. That just makes it worse (as if a horrible vivisection isn't bad already). And he basically drank her fluids to be younger again, right? Jesus christ that episode.

Actually, I think he had most of her organs transplanted into him (and probably blood, bone marrow, and spinal fluid transfusions). He literally took nearly everything.

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah, after this reveal, it seems obvious that the operation was a Hydra one, not a SHIELD one. I doubt the agents that took Skye were Hydra, though, and that probably hosed up some of Whitehall's plans. I imagine he would have been very interested in keeping Skye around, in case he started to age again. I also don't think we've really seen what Skye's dad is truly capable of. I mean, maybe he was just pissed off and nuts and went back to the village and started slaughtering people, but I could have sworn Whitehall told his operatives to get rid of the rest of the villagers. I guess they dumped her body back in China, which is the one part that doesn't make a lot of sense. Why not just burn it? Maybe he was trying to smoke out more people like her.

• Locked thread