Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The Evil Within (the PC version).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Compendium posted:

The Evil Within (the PC version).

Why yes! They are playing The Evil Within!

Though surprisingly it is no longer the PC version :v:. Speaking of which I wouldn't mind more Pat stares at videos, it's kinda cool seeing how methodical he could be when he's not just yukkin' it up all the time.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Seems like Pat can be pretty calm and collected without The Big Boss Man Matt breathing down his neck.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Seems like Pat can be pretty calm and collected without The Big Boss Man Matt breathing down his neck.

I think its more people make Pat angry

by like existing around him

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I think its more people make Pat angry

by like existing around him

Exhibit A: Woolie.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
The DoF blurry room poo poo happened to me too. It's also not registering chievs for clearing chapters. No crashes yet though.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Likewise, you can see I can play ALOT better at just about anything, when I don't have a constant stream of:

rotate your saves, don't check that, check that, there's no time to read that, why don't you read that idiot? Don't screw up, are you lost already? go to your left, go your right, no, go to my right,

While Pat is my friend, I'm never in a super hurry to be the one playing with him constantly back seat driving. I don't know how Woolie hasn't murdered him yet.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 20, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a Dan Ryckert situation. He's the loudmouth obnoxious one, but that just means everyone has the perfect excuse to openly poo poo on him whenever possible.

Exhibit A: centipede talk

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

I don't know how Woolie hasn't murdered him yet.
Woolie could probably turn Pat into a smear with a flick of his wrist, but have you ever tried to get ginger stains out of a sofa?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Likewise, you can see I can play ALOT better at just about anything, when I don't have a constant stream of:

rotate your saves, don't check that, check that, there's no time to read that, why don't you read that idiot? Don't screw up, are you lost already? go to your left, go your right, no, go to my right,

While Pat is my friend, I'm never in a super hurry to be the one playing with him constantly back seat driving. I don't know how Woolie hasn't murdered him yet.

Dumbest question incoming but has there been a you-only video? The only solo ones I can recall are the Mercenary Kings video and this recent part though uh, I obviously don't have the entire channel memorized.

Edit: Oh wait there was that recent video during the shitstorm but I'm not sure if that counts :v:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dumbest question incoming but has there been a you-only video? The only solo ones I can recall are the Mercenary Kings video and this recent part though uh, I obviously don't have the entire channel memorized.

Edit: Oh wait there was that recent video during the shitstorm but I'm not sure if that counts :v:
IIRC the first day of Godzilla Week was just Matt enthusing about Godzilla.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I've done several reviews:

Lolipop Chainsaw
Survival Shadows of Katmai
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Wolfenstein The New Order
A short DOA5 Video
A short adventure time video
Three Bond-A-Thon reviews (which I'm literally editing more right now)
Solo The Grudge
Several bomb-rear end tours of my apartments
Couple of vacation videos
First part of godzilla week
last part of Godzilla week

So yeah, I've been doing solo stuff for a long time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Now I feel dumb because yeah I saw a few of those, just didn't come to mind right away :cripes: sorry

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I enjoyed the Grudge shitstorm video Matt did by himself recently.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Now I feel dumb because yeah I saw a few of those, just didn't come to mind right away :cripes: sorry

Heh! No problem! Seems despite the sheer amount of stuff I do, all everyone remembers in terms of solo stuff is the no-audio mercenary kings thing.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Heh! No problem! Seems despite the sheer amount of stuff I do, all everyone remembers in terms of solo stuff is the no-audio mercenary kings thing.

It's the most intimate and depressing video on the channel to date

That video will always live with me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ruggington posted:

It's the most intimate and depressing video on the channel to date

That video will always live with me

This is probably the reason. No game audio and just Pat mumbling to himself about literally nothing while tripping all over the place combined with the worlds shittiest thumbnail is what makes it memorable I think.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a Dan Ryckert situation. He's the loudmouth obnoxious one, but that just means everyone has the perfect excuse to openly poo poo on him whenever possible.

Exhibit A: centipede talk

Did you know that house centipedes are wandering beneficial predators? What that means is that you shouldn't kill them because they'll leave your house once they've eaten the bugs that are actually infesting your home!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnyhNaX5kzs
This is obviously the best solo Mat video

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pat's reaction when the PS4 version crashes too is classic.

"Gooooooooooooooooooood fuuuuuuuuucking daaaaaaaaaaaaammit." He just sounds so defeated

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnm5ClGdkjo

God, this song is so fuckin' good.

The full version kicks so much rear end.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

speaking of solo stuff, are those "super on-time top 10s of 2013" going to still be super on-time?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So Pat mentioned he never found the 2nd round of ghost bodies, which means he never faced the Gank Squad.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Three Bond-A-Thon reviews (which I'm literally editing more right now)

Good man. I've long since forgotten about seminal classics such as Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and Everything or Nothing and need a refresher.

Do not even ask posted:

speaking of solo stuff, are those "super on-time top 10s of 2013" going to still be super on-time?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. I think they were hoping you were going to forget those eventually.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

I legit laughed out loud at this since I can relate. To me, there's a time for local multiplayer games where everyone is all aboard the trash-talking and hype train, there's a time when company is over and we're checking out the single-player portion of a game, and then there's a time to fully immerse myself in a game and want to be alone (lights out, headset on, etc.)

I can't form a clear and concise opinion on something (a movie, music, a game, etc.) where there's any distractions around, especially someone like Pat being Pat. It would get grating after awhile and I would have to replay that session for myself to "get it."

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did you know that house centipedes are wandering beneficial predators? What that means is that you shouldn't kill them because they'll leave your house once they've eaten the bugs that are actually infesting your home!

There was a period where a house centipede would just show up in my bathtub every week. I was doing those bugs a favor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnyhNaX5kzs
This is obviously the best solo Mat video
Was there never a sequel to this? I'd love to see him/the crew try out various weird-rear end American cereals and their reactions.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Was there never a sequel to this? I'd love to see him/the crew try out various weird-rear end American cereals and their reactions.

Filming the sequel this Sunday, in fact!

As for the top tens, mine is completely done and uploaded (but private) as I have to wait for all the others to finish theirs. As I thought it would be fun to have a string of them uploaded each day, culminating in a "worst games of 2013" video, which will pretty much be a live action roundtable discussion, much like the review of the TMNT movie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

Filming the sequel this Sunday, in fact!
Fuckin' YES

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You do know, Matt, that certain people like myself are actually allergic to gluten (in all wheat products) and need to eat gluten-free diets? The FDA accommodated for folks like myself and thus added many gluten free products to supermarkets so that we could actually eat regular food again. I've heard of many people eating gluten free for the sake of being counter-culture, etc (which arose with the gluten free label) but...

Please don't call us hippies.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

You do know, Matt, that certain people like myself are actually allergic to gluten (in all wheat products) and need to eat gluten-free diets? The FDA accommodated for folks like myself and thus added many gluten free products to supermarkets so that we could actually eat regular food again. I've heard of many people eating gluten free for the sake of being counter-culture, etc (which arose with the gluten free label) but...

I imagine he's aware of gluten allergies/celiac disease, he was just making a Joke. I know it's cool that Big Dick CEO is nice enough to answer our questions here, but just because he is present doesn't mean you have to tell him your opinion on gluten. I'm not trying to be mean, just.. think before you post.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Grouchio posted:

The only reason I say it, is because I'm a bit frustrated.

I think I'm developing an allergy to something, my fiancee thinks it's low-level intolerance to gluten, but I need to go to a doctor to make sure. It flares up from time to time, but when we were doing the Nuzlocke, I was sick with stomach aches alot, and in one or two videos, I had to excuse myself to throw up.

Then in June, I started a paleo like diet, and ate nothing but meat, veggies, fruits, etc. For at least two months I was feeling pretty great, but once a few con trips and a vacation happened, I started eating processed stuff again and bread, and the stomach aches and throwing up started again.

When I was a kid, I could eat anything, and no real problems, so the fact I'm developing this now is bullshit.

That being said, I'm sorry if it offended you, I'm just kinda lashing out. Will try not to let it happen again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Random allergy development sucks poo poo. I used to eat eggs all the time and then one day I had some scrambled eggs and my throat swelled shut and I almost couldn't breathe. Haven't been able to eat eggs straight since, and stuff with eggs in it makes my throat itchy.

If you suspect you have an allergy to something, consult your doctor. You could also have an allergy to something commonly found in gluten-containing food, like I thought I was allergic to beef for a long time but it turns out I'm allergic to the color dye they often use to make the meat red. Could(hopefully) be a similar situation.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Random allergy development sucks poo poo. I used to eat eggs all the time and then one day I had some scrambled eggs and my throat swelled shut and I almost couldn't breathe. Haven't been able to eat eggs straight since, and stuff with eggs in it makes my throat itchy.

If you suspect you have an allergy to something, consult your doctor. You could also have an allergy to something commonly found in gluten-containing food, like I thought I was allergic to beef for a long time but it turns out I'm allergic to the color dye they often use to make the meat red. Could(hopefully) be a similar situation.

100% this. The body is weird, and even if you don't have health insurance it's worth it to drop some cash to try and figure out what's going on... because puking from food isn't cool.
--
Speaking of sickness. There's nothing better than being home sick with a cold, feeling like death while sitting down with your chicken noodle soup and seeing The Fall Episode 1 is uploaded. Ayyyyy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Fall is hella cool so far, and very mysterious. I like the concept of it a lot.

edit: Haha the thing that happens about 20 minutes in is amazing. Man what a coincidence.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey Matt, is there a non-zero chance that one of you guys could be buried in fan-sent items if a small earthquake struck?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have purchased D4 at full price and an Xbone with which to play it on for cheap.

This one's for you Matt and Swery.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I think I'm developing an allergy to something, my fiancee thinks it's low-level intolerance to gluten, but I need to go to a doctor to make sure. It flares up from time to time, but when we were doing the Nuzlocke, I was sick with stomach aches alot, and in one or two videos, I had to excuse myself to throw up.

That's alright, I threw up a few times during the Nuzlocke too. :downsrim:

No but seriously, that sucks. My sister had a sudden change like that happen to her and she became violently ill to a ton of different foods. On the plus side for her she lost like 100 pounds, on the minus side that's never ever the way you wanna lose it and it was awful for a long while until they sussed out what it was and she was able to just eat without being in agony.

Go visit the doctor.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt accidentally fell on one of Pat's gluten needles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

The only reason I say it, is because I'm a bit frustrated.

Then in June, I started a paleo like diet, and ate nothing but meat, veggies, fruits, etc. For at least two months I was feeling pretty great, but once a few con trips and a vacation happened, I started eating processed stuff again and bread, and the stomach aches and throwing up started again.

When I was a kid, I could eat anything, and no real problems, so the fact I'm developing this now is bullshit.

That being said, I'm sorry if it offended you, I'm just kinda lashing out. Will try not to let it happen again.
It's perfectly okay! I kind of remarked straight out of the blue myself.

I also had a similar experience with discovering gluten-intolerance. A few days after my cousin's wedding in Montana (5 years ago) my sister was diagnosed with gluten-intolerance by a friend's parent at High School and I soon followed suit. I broke out in rashes all over one night after eating goldfish crackers and I never ate wheat again. I also was considered allergic to corn for a year or so, but managed to get that back on my diet soon enough. Also the weaning of gluten exposed an intolerance to acidic drinks and fruits/scrambled eggs that still make me have occasional bowel movements.

All the while I was pissed as you were that these problems were afflicting my stomach now, and had no real problems with eating as a kid before (minus penicillin).

So what I believe you have is in fact a gluten intolerance (like celiac disease, which I have). Don't panic. A lot of grain products these days are now processed with corn, rice flower and/or tapioca flower (and therefore gluten-free). Eat these instead, and always check labels for any wheat. If you still have stomach issues, get a prilosec prescription or seek a gastroenterologist (I did). Follow these steps and you should be fine. And yes, it takes time to get used to this stuff. Good luck! ;)

I'm sorry if we started off on the wrong footing, but I hope I helped you with your stomach problems! My name is Ian, I'm a big fan of you, Pat (and Woolie's) work, and I hope to become a cultural-intellectual icon myself someday! :D