Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Not sure what I was expecting from a third Unicorn form, but Destroy Unchained probably wasn't it.

I will probably never own a PG because my favorite designs will never be popular enough to make it to 1/60.

The funny thing is that 00 Raiser is my second favorite design, and I can't even convince myself to buy Daban's version of it cause the 0 Raiser is so heavy even aerial poses would be difficult to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There's 1/48 Yamato releases of the VF-1, if that is what you are looking for, friend muffinlord. however the 1/60s look better. Of course, they're not kits, unless you were crazy enough to buy some of the resin castings Yamato sold while they went out of business and completely legitimately turned into Arcadia

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

The Muffinlord posted:

Destroy Unchained is cool, I guess, but I was kinda hoping for Gerwalk.

Is there anything out there like a perfect grade VF-1? In both size and detail.

Edit:

I'm currently working on a plan to convince my wife to let me buy a Glorious Series Gouf.

I can't wait until I have the skills and time necessary for the HY2M Dom.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Are there any kits with abdominal articulation to rival the 00 Qan[t]? It's the only one I know of that has a point of articulation in the middle of the torso.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

The Muffinlord posted:

Destroy Unchained is cool, I guess, but I was kinda hoping for Gerwalk.

Is there anything out there like a perfect grade VF-1? In both size and detail.

Edit:

I'm currently working on a plan to convince my wife to let me buy a Glorious Series Gouf.

The hell did you have to let me know this existed.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
oh my god the skull on the HG crossbone's head is molded individually and it's terrifyingly small

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

muike posted:

oh my god the skull on the HG crossbone's head is molded individually and it's terrifyingly small

Summon your inner wargaming nerd.

Yesterday I knocked out a twofer; Holistic health "unplug for 24 hours" and put in some good time on my Thunderbolt Zaku II. I learned a valuable lesson; thou shalt not prime before snapbuilding. Putting the thruster pack together after getting it all primed up was awful. On the other hand, I'm on to painting acrylics, panel lining, and dullcoat, in that order.

There's going to be some dumb sprue marks that I wasn't able to or didn't notice to file off. :smith:

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

muike posted:

There's 1/48 Yamato releases of the VF-1, if that is what you are looking for, friend muffinlord. however the 1/60s look better. Of course, they're not kits, unless you were crazy enough to buy some of the resin castings Yamato sold while they went out of business and completely legitimately turned into Arcadia

That's a bit of a shame. Macross is about the only other series with enough kits to be worth exploring that I also have familiarity with. So are the 1/72 scale ones about MG-sized?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

The Muffinlord posted:

That's a bit of a shame. Macross is about the only other series with enough kits to be worth exploring that I also have familiarity with. So are the 1/72 scale ones about MG-sized?

Roughly, but it's going to require more paint and decals than your average MG.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, poo poo. Amazon has the HG Unicorn Destroy Mode sitting at under :20bux: with free two-day shipping, so I guess there's no better time to test out clear blue on pink like the present. It'll give me a weekend project.

Quick question about Tamiya rattlecans though - what white is a good choice for your standard gundam pure white look? I tried their 'Pure White' for the parts I custom painted on my Plan B, but it was incredibly glossy, and went on noticeably thicker than any other paint I've used. Is there a better matte choice, but still very clean?

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SNWs94vGf0

gently caress you take all of my money. I've not bought a Unicorn or any variant until now, but holy shitfucks does that look or what?!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Hey Blitzblast
http://www.taghobby.com/9-0/9-1/%E4...-gundam-series/

Also some P bandai Zetas, RG 00 Raiser, MG Dark Matter Exia, HG Guntank, Zaku II, Hi-Nu Brave, Wing Gundam Zero, Gundam Amazing Red Warrior, RE Dijeh and Gerbera, and some pics of PG Unicorn. Also a full armour pack for PG Unicorn.

:getin::unsmigghh:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MG Double X, the version of the X I actually really like? Goddammit Bandai, but at least it's a regular release, unlike:

God drat it bandai.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
HALLE-loving-LUJAH

I'M NOT EVEN MAD I HAVE A SPARE DX NOW

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT:

OH MY GOD HG V2AB TOO

AND V DASH

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 20, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MG DX....
Holymoly yes

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ignimbrite posted:

Hey Blitzblast

Also some P bandai Zetas, RG 00 Raiser, MG Dark Matter Exia, HG Guntank, Zaku II, Hi-Nu Brave, Wing Gundam Zero, Gundam Amazing Red Warrior, RE Dijeh and Gerbera, and some pics of PG Unicorn. Also a full armour pack for PG Unicorn.

Some of those really surprised me. Had to think RG 00/00 Raiser was on the shortlist, but an MG Dark Matter?

The new HGBF Wing Zero variant looks nice, may put off getting one of the Fenice kits and look at that. I thought perhaps it could mean a return of Felini, but looking at the red color and orange clear detail, I think it's going to be Sekai's.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

MG DX.
HGUC V2AB
RG 00 Raiser

The Hi-Nu Brave and the MG Exia Dark Matter both look interesting too.

Ow, my wallet. This must be how backlogs happen.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Another HG Zaku II? We must be up to, what, 4.0 of the standard variant?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
HG Wing Zero Fire is from a sidestory.

And MG Dark Matter was kind of obvious as soon as they announced MG Exia RII. I'd say Amazing Exia would be a web-exclusive, but the existence of HGBF Amazing Exia makes me unsure.

Also, and I know this is silly but it's true, it's Hi-Nu Vrabe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Dammit Bandai, you could've at least mentioned the RG Endless Waltz Gundams :sigh:. Though I'm a little surprised they didn't release the RG 00 Gundam before the Wing Custom, because then it's following the Exia and opens the Wing Custom up for the other Endless Waltz Gundams to follow that, like the earlier RG parings like the Strike/Freedom and the GP01/GP01FB. I'm gonna put it down to to the designers drinking themselves to death while trying to figure out how to support the goddamn 0-Raiser.

edit: Whoops, forgot about the second RG Zaku :v:.

Also I'm surprised the 00 and Raiser are going to be a single RG kit. Considering the amount of equipment the 0-Raiser adds, I really thought they'd separate that out to its own kit like the Skygrasper and Striker Packs.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ignimbrite posted:

Hey Blitzblast

Oh god the HG V2AB and the VDash and that Guntank. That glorious Guntank.
e: I'm so confused by the Red Warrior but I want one.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 20, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This motherfucker is so much fun to pose.

Did you remove the nubs off the flame effect parts? I cut them off and polished them as best as I could but if you look really hard you can still tell where the gate connectors were

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
MG Gundam Double X...
RG 00 Raiser...
HG Wing Zero Honoo...
RE 1/100 GP04...

:stare:

gently caress me, next year is gonna get expensive fast.

DX looks awesome, as does Wing Zero Honoo. HYYYYYYYPE!!!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ka0 posted:

Did you remove the nubs off the flame effect parts? I cut them off and polished them as best as I could but if you look really hard you can still tell where the gate connectors were

a tiny speck of olive oil polished into the nub can work well

AstraLunaSol
Mar 6, 2013
RG 00 Raiser
Holy mother of god, thank you bandai.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I tried but yeah, if you inspect it closely, you could probably tell where the gates were.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i didn't expect the Evolve zetas to ever get official kits, and i'm glad they're not real grades

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
RG Raiser gently caress youuuuu

Where's my RG Heavyarms Bandai!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Honestly I'm most excited about the RE/100 Dijeh. Despite being Amuro's actual personal suit in Zeta Gundam, the poor beer-gut Gelgoog/Rick Dias hybrid hasn't had any love.

It really deserved a Master Grade, though. They could have even reused Rick Dias and Hyaku Shiki parts.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 20, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I want a Dijeh SE-R

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bandai! :shepspends:
I hope I can find work again next year or I'm going to be pretty sad.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Yeah, I wanna get the RE 1/100 Dijeh and Gundam MK III. I'm really hoping we get some designs from 0080 and ZZ in this like, as they're really are many MGs for either series.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
I'm most excited about the Dark Matter MG since I love that horrible mess. That and the Gerbera :swoon:

Definitely going to be looking at picking up the Gray Zeta, maybe Red too. If the V2 is a good HG I'll probably pick it up as well at some point.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also I'm surprised the 00 and Raiser are going to be a single RG kit. Considering the amount of equipment the 0-Raiser adds, I really thought they'd separate that out to its own kit like the Skygrasper and Striker Packs.

My guess would be that most people bought the robot and skipped the plane, so Bandai has "helpfully" removed that option.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I recently moved and should graduate next week, so once I land a job I can buy so many of those cool new kits.

Oh god, I can likely afford so many of them. :negative:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Also the main incentive for the Skygrasper was getting the other two Striker Packs. The only thing I can think of them including in a 0 Raiser separate pack is the GN Blade III. Oh god I just realized they're going to do a Seven Sword web shop exclusive.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Samba De Amigo posted:

I'm most excited about the Dark Matter MG since I love that horrible mess. That and the Gerbera :swoon:

There's a Gerbera coming forth? Link? I must have missed it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MJP posted:

He means GP-04. It's codename is Gerbera.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

MJP posted:

TaurusOxford posted:

He means GP-04. It's codename is Gerbera.

My bad, yea I meant the GP-04. I honestly didn't expect anything for it other than the conversion kit from a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, I wanna get the RE 1/100 Dijeh and Gundam MK III. I'm really hoping we get some designs from 0080 and ZZ in this like, as they're really are many MGs for either series.

Which suits were in 0080 that don't already have MGs?