Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

To be honest Gerry may as well cut the bullshit and post a status saying "I HATE NIGGERS AND WISH THEY WOULD ALL GO AWAY."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Small Frozen Thing posted:

That's still the fringe of the fringe of the fringe, and still pretty much completely powerless.
They aren't a threat.

I'll tell my trans friend who got doxxed and harassed at work because of one of them that, thanks. Toxic cultures breed toxic mentalities, and dismissing part of that culture as "still pretty much completely powerless" is kind of dumb.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Tracula posted:

To be honest Gerry may as well cut the bullshit and post a status saying "I HATE NIGGERS AND WISH THEY WOULD ALL GO AWAY."

The best/worst part is that person has now made that picture their banner picture.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I'll tell my trans friend who got doxxed and harassed at work because of one of them that, thanks. Toxic cultures breed toxic mentalities, and dismissing part of that culture as "still pretty much completely powerless" is kind of dumb.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I don't see any reason to change my statement, because they are still incredibly tiny in number and don't have much of any kind of political, cultural, or economic clout. The fact that they can still manage to harm trans people speaks more to how lovely and precarious the situation is for trans folks than it does to their power.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I sure do hope we can get back on topic soon!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Matthew Beet posted:

I sure do hope we can get back on topic soon!

:justpost: then. Every loving thread on SA gets off topic but if you wanna help then find some idiots on social media and post them rather than posting about posting.

3edgy5me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mods?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Tracula posted:

:justpost: then. Every loving thread on SA gets off topic but if you wanna help then find some idiots on social media and post them rather than posting about posting.

3edgy5me.

My mom posts memes and dumb quiz results in this vein.

It's pretty weird, because this same person also claims to be very caring and protective. You can't be a sociopath and ALSO care about everyone you know :psyduck:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SJW derail is dumb and bad, i made this because this sort of derail is entertaining, to me and maybe we could share this like moneyface?

Oh and by made i meant edited with my phone lol

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Evil Demon.

Well OK.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I got Moon Moon??

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Noyemi K posted:

Evil Demon.

Well OK.

Thanks for sharing.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Thanks for sharing.

I'm very special :downs:

have some idiots on social media. I unfriended this guy over this:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Peanut President posted:

I got Moon Moon??

funy joek

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Noyemi K posted:

I'm very special :downs:

have some idiots on social media. I unfriended this guy over this:

I had a guy try to tell me that it meant basically that, but without the racial component (i.e. a white person could be a friend of the family, too). He claimed it was a corruption of the word "ignorant". I called him on it because that's some grade-A horseshit and he got all pissy and defensive.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ALFbrot posted:

funy joek

Taking the bullet for the thread.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Stoatbringer posted:

"Liquids don't have calories!!!"
I didn't really start losing weight until I realised just how many calories were in wine and beer, as well as soft drinks. You can easily burn off a load of calories during the week and then put them all back on going out with your mates at the weekend.

I switched to dr pepper for my drink of choice and lost 6 kilograms in a month, can confirm

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

If liquids don't have calories, what's the difference between Pepsi and Diet Pepsi?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

If liquids don't have calories, what's the difference between Pepsi and Diet Pepsi?

Diet Pepsi has negative calories, obviously. Why else would it be called Diet?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

It's just a marketing trick to sell more soda, they can't fool me!

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Diet Pepsi has negative calories, obviously. Why else would it be called Diet?

That's why I always drink a 50:50 mix of diet and normal, to keep my calorie intake neutral.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Maw posted:

That's why I always drink a 50:50 mix of diet and normal, to keep my calorie intake neutral.

Argh, no you idiot, normal Pepsi already has 0 calories since it's a liquid, you're just drinking a half glass of negacalories. God, it's like kids don't learn basic chemistry anymore :rolleyes:.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

DrProsek posted:

Argh, no you idiot, normal Pepsi already has 0 calories since it's a liquid, you're just drinking a half glass of negacalories. God, it's like kids don't learn basic chemistry anymore :rolleyes:.

I've made a huge mistake. I guess that explains why I'm too weak and frail to do anything anymore though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

There's someone on my facebook defending Cosby over the frankly ridiculous amount of allegations against him. I realize "innocent until proven guilty", but I do think there's a point where there's enough proof (it's now and probably years ago).

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Contains weight loss drugs for easier dieting, of course. Why else would it be called Diet if you weren't meant to drink it to help you diet?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Mr E posted:

There's someone on my facebook defending Cosby over the frankly ridiculous amount of allegations against him. I realize "innocent until proven guilty", but I do think there's a point where there's enough proof (it's now and probably years ago).

Best response is generally to point out that someone is right, but they're an rear end in a top hat. :911:

cuber
Dec 29, 2011

Wow, great! Maybe now we can--

Never mind. Reverse the ruling.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I had a guy try to tell me that it meant basically that, but without the racial component (i.e. a white person could be a friend of the family, too). He claimed it was a corruption of the word "ignorant". I called him on it because that's some grade-A horseshit and he got all pissy and defensive.

Man, the people I've seen who say that mean it in the racist way, they don't try to hide it. I don't know if that's better or worse, honestly.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Don Gato posted:

Man, the people I've seen who say that mean it in the racist way, they don't try to hide it. I don't know if that's better or worse, honestly.

Chris Rock's said that the one comedy act he regrets the most is his "Black People v N*****" because it gave white assholes an out with using that word.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

theironjef posted:

Best response is generally to point out that someone is right, but they're an rear end in a top hat. :911:

Calmer'n you are.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Practical Demon posted:

Who are these people often saying this?

People i know. I am also pretty sure i have read that argument in my local newspaper.They geuninly beleive rigthly or wrongly that helping abused women is so important that it is wrong to divert resources to helping abused men. I am not saying there are tons of people saying this, but a few are.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

citybeatnik posted:

Chris Rock's said that the one comedy act he regrets the most is his "Black People v N*****" because it gave white assholes an out with using that word.

We have South Park to thank as well for the episode of how 'gay' has evolved to mean stupid.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Toriori posted:

We have South Park to thank as well for the episode of how 'gay' has evolved to mean stupid.

That happened way before that Southpark episode. Southpark just made it feel more acceptable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Same with Louis C.K.'s "human being doesn't mean gay" bit, which at least resulted in a great reflective piece on his show.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had a friend use the "it's a certain type of black person, can mean a white person, and means ignorant" thing. When I was like "Uh, what." she compared it to oval office to try to show it wasn't a slur. Kinda backfired for her.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Henchman of Santa posted:

Same with Louis C.K.'s "human being doesn't mean gay" bit, which at least resulted in a great reflective piece on his show.

I'm honestly surprised people don't pull a "Louis CK Defense" more compared to the "Chris Rock Defense" or "South Park Defense" for saying offensive poo poo. "Louis CK is a white guy who said friend of the family? Well now I have full clearance to the word!"

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Araenna posted:

I had a friend use the "it's a certain type of black person, can mean a white person, and means ignorant" thing. When I was like "Uh, what." she compared it to oval office to try to show it wasn't a slur. Kinda backfired for her.

It's odd how the people who think that look down on "ignorant" people.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Somebody in the Bill Cosby is a rapist thread linked to a "Gawker" article about it. This was in the comments section.

As far as I can tell, that is a reply to the writer and not another commenter. Seemed kinda bizarre to me.

Edit: Whoops, thanks for the heads-up Ragequit

Bored has a new favorite as of 02:08 on Nov 21, 2014

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bored posted:

Somebody in the Bill Cosby is a rapist thread linked to a "Gawker" article about it. This was in the comments section.

As far as I can tell, that is a reply to the writer and not another commenter. Seemed kinda bazaar to me.

Well Gawker is a bazaar for bullshit, so I can believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Seams vary vial two mi

• Locked thread