Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm kind of bummed Ollie seemed to have lost his fighting skills he picked up from training with Slade and Shado. He was kind of a hard rear end at the end of season 2 and here he gets beaten up by some gang mooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Xealot posted:

all they're missing is a cosmic character like Supergirl and they'll have their bases covered.

Yeah, about that...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supergirl is going to be on CBS and the CW has been very vocal that they want a third DC series. Will it be the Atom? Will it be Firestorm? We had hopes for a Suicide Squad series but with the film I doubt we'll get that now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

"Finally I can be my OWN superhero, and not just a reflection of Christopher Reeve."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

Supergirl is going to be on CBS

Well poo poo, I forgot about that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh god if they gave Routh his actual own tv show that'd be amazing. :allears:
Also, I just can't imagine anything coming out of CBS to be good, superhero-wise. They'd market test it into destruction.

bobkatt013 posted:

and Flash could take care of Malcolm in a second.

No he loving couldn't. Barry's getting punched by some highschool dropout. he's a loving combat gimp. A ninja would wipe his rear end with Barry.

It's annoying his powers are JUST as loosely defined on teh show as they are in the comics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Drifter posted:

Also, I just can't imagine anything coming out of CBS to be good, superhero-wise. They'd market test it into destruction.

No he loving couldn't. Barry's getting punched by some highschool dropout. he's a loving combat gimp. A ninja would wipe his rear end with Barry.

It's annoying his powers are JUST as loosely defined on teh show as they are in the comics.

Yeah but he could punch him before he knew what hit him. That highschool dropout also had steel for skin.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

I'm kind of bummed Ollie seemed to have lost his fighting skills he picked up from training with Slade and Shado. He was kind of a hard rear end at the end of season 2 and here he gets beaten up by some gang mooks.

I think he was planning on getting beat up so they might drag him wherever they were holding his hong kong handler. Then the wifey just cut in and... CUT in.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Blackchamber posted:

I think he was planning on getting beat up so they might drag him wherever they were holding his hong kong handler. Then the wifey just cut in and... CUT in.

That's what I was assuming, too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Drifter posted:

I think most of the TV DC people are doing Supergirl, so it won't be on the creators if it sucks.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Cause using known properties is better than just making it up.

Unless you completely ignore what that character does.

:chord: We need another property to put into Arrow.
:v: Well we have The Atom! That would be cool!
:chord: Sounds great, but make him like Tony Stark instead of a shrinking guy! And keep his name!
:v: Will do!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody cares about The Atom.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
They did mention the Dwarf Star in a mine so it's entirely likely he could shrink later.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I just think it's weird how they are handling him. It's like making Wonder Woman some kind of magazine magnate that everyone knows who her secret identity is, but she escapes the throngs of people around the world who knows her by putting on less expensive clothing and living in a cheap apartment. :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

They did mention the Dwarf Star in a mine so it's entirely likely he could shrink later.

If they give him a tv show he could discover that he can shrink. That way it would make it different then the other shows.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I just think it's weird how they are handling him. It's like making Wonder Woman some kind of magazine magnate that everyone knows who her secret identity is, but she escapes the throngs of people around the world who knows her by putting on less expensive clothing and living in a cheap apartment. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody cares about The Atom.

Incorrect, nobody cares about the Ryan Choi version of the Atom.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They replaced the Atom and no one cared, then put him back and no one cared.

OMAC owned but people didn't remember him, they brought him back and no one cared.

Combining the Atom and OMAC into DC's Iron Man is hardly a terrible idea. If it works yay, if it doesn't work they can forget about it and no one will care.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What if the suit is nuclear-powered and then after a few trial runs the reactor goes critical and he gets vaporized and then

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Becomes the sweaty, back room lust baby Captain Planet never told Colossus about?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

Becomes the sweaty, back room lust baby Captain Planet never told Colossus about?

That's Captain Atom, you ignorant monster.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

That's Captain Atom, you ignorant monster.

In Kingdom Comes we find out that the midwest is a big fan of him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know who he is. He's the worst.

Blowing up Captain Atom is the new Destroying Red Tornado.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The only superhero who might accidentally decimate a continent if he ever fucks something up too badly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Captain Atom was named dropped on Flash last week.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Why is everyone treating the writer's words as gospel? They've lived through their teeth quite often, such is the stupidity of having to give a billion interviews every month.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because it's pretty obvious the way they're taking him that shrinking is useless for his goals.

Shrinking is always useless.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Because it's pretty obvious the way they're taking him that shrinking is useless for his goals.

What if there are footprints on the brain?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A useless step just using the flamethrower you normally carry with you when you go to visit people would skip.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

A useless step just using the flamethrower you normally carry with you when you go to visit people would skip.

Visiting your best friend!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

lol I remember an Atom story from decades ago where he called someone up from far, far away then shrank down and ran with the electrical pulses of the phone call to pop out of the phone at the called person's place.

Edit: I'm not upset that the CW is besmirching the name of the Atom or anything, I just find it baffling that they bring in a character and then supposedly aren't going to use that character's actual power. It's just bizarre to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

lol I remember an Atom story from decades ago where he called someone up from far, far away then shrank down and ran with the electrical pulses of the phone call to pop out of the phone at the called person's place.

Edit: I'm not upset that the CW is besmirching the name of the Atom or anything, I just find it baffling that they bring in a character and then supposedly aren't going to use that character's actual power. It's just bizarre to me.

They already wrote their plan for a different character that they couldn't use.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just put in something about nanotechnology. BOOM we need somebody super small to do some on site reprogramming to halt the onslaught of a nanoplague

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There was that shot of him seeing all those OMAC drone plans, maybe the suit will be able to co-ordinate drones and satellites and stuff, and someone can say very meaningfully, "the suit is the nucleus of the whole system"

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Supergirl is going to be on CBS and the CW has been very vocal that they want a third DC series. Will it be the Atom? Will it be Firestorm? We had hopes for a Suicide Squad series but with the film I doubt we'll get that now.

Alan Scott Green Lantern. The gay version. I unironically think it'd be pretty drat awesome if nerdy gay kids got someone to look up to as well. Obviously for many more reasons other than just that but I think his sexuality would be enough of a hook to make the concept stand apart from Arrow & The Flash.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 21, 2014

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

boom boom boom posted:

There was that shot of him seeing all those OMAC drone plans, maybe the suit will be able to co-ordinate drones and satellites and stuff, and someone can say very meaningfully, "the suit is the nucleus of the whole system"

Ray would be useful if Brother Eye were to take over the OMACs like it does in the comics. But nope, they ended up making it Smallville levels of bad in that one episode. Made me so mad. :mad:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Krad posted:

Ray would be useful if Brother Eye were to take over the OMACs like it does in the comics. But nope, they ended up making it Smallville levels of bad in that one episode. Made me so mad. :mad:

Watch Argus get control of it and it later evolves.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The thing to do would be to say it was the name of the unit he worked at at the NSA and he used it in his crimes to gently caress with them.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
just finished season 1. Holy poo poo Oliver is a mass murderer. He'll just straight up murder dozens of people whose only crime is being a bodyguard for the "bad guys." and noone says anything about this. It's a real disconnect when he then has moral dilemmas over killing 1 single person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

limeincoke posted:

just finished season 1. Holy poo poo Oliver is a mass murderer. He'll just straight up murder dozens of people whose only crime is being a bodyguard for the "bad guys." and noone says anything about this. It's a real disconnect when he then has moral dilemmas over killing 1 single person.

The best is that he killed all those bodyguards (simple working class folk) while letting the kingpins live if they said sorry and promised to be good

• Locked thread