Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My idea was to replace all of the music with sublime and Ska music while getting blazed.

Have any good Video LP's ended recently? (last month or so.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Wait for Jade to start playing it on stream, someone will assuredly buy it for him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Turtlicious posted:

My idea was to replace all of the music with sublime and Ska music while getting blazed.

The most recent Sonic 2006 lp is about to end. It's by someone whose already played the game a bunch, and it's all post-commentary, so it's the closest to a skill run as you're likely to get for that game. I think the perfect platinum Bayonetta lp ended recently too (might be longer than a month ago) and that ones great. I'm on my phone so links are hard, but they shouldn't be too hard to track down. The Sonic one is almost always on the first 3 pages.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Can anyone recommend a decent Vagrant Story LP?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

If you didn't catch it, JordanKai and Ikwaylx wrapped up Warioland: Shake It last month, which was delightful both for the skill shown and the aesthetic of the game.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Turtlicious posted:

DumbRodent's superb VLP of Outlast + the Whistleblower DLC has just completed. It's the best survival horror LP I've ever come across -- really low-key, well-done voicework that allows the game's atmosphere to breathe, and absolutely no ludicrous shrieking. At times, it's tricky to remember he's an LP'er, rather than part of the game. It's great viewing.

EDIT: "so" is not "no".

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Has anyone recommended Beagle's LP of X-COM Long War Mod? Because it's amazing. Also he's got a live version of it going. He's really good at showing tactics, discussing the intricacies of the game, and just generally being pretty interesting.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostwoods posted:

DumbRodent's superb VLP of Outlast + the Whistleblower DLC has just completed. It's the best survival horror LP I've ever come across -- really low-key, well-done voicework that allows the game's atmosphere to breathe, and absolutely no ludicrous shrieking. At times, it's tricky to remember he's an LP'er, rather than part of the game. It's great viewing.

EDIT: "so" is not "no".

I really do second this. Now that it's done, you'd do well to just watch the whole thing in one long sitting.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I really do second this. Now that it's done, you'd do well to just watch the whole thing in one long sitting.

Exactly what I plan while I play anime ww2 game.

pigster
Dec 15, 2009

Halo 2

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

e: Wrong tab.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Has there ever been a complete playthrough of Don't Starve: Reign of Giants? I can't find one here or on Youtube.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Are there any good LPs of the Assassins Creed games past 2 in the vein of Geop's fantastic LPs of 1 and 2?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
One day I will do an Assassin's Creed III LP with Canadian/American history segments that feature Geop and SkippyGranola as guests. One day.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
AC Liberation HD's on my To-LP list because it's actually good and hella underrated. Aveline's a way better character than Connor. The game suffers from alot of problems just by virtue of running on the same engine as AC3 though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mico posted:

AC Liberation HD's on my To-LP list because it's actually good and hella underrated. Aveline's a way better character than Connor. The game suffers from alot of problems just by virtue of running on the same engine as AC3 though.

I wanted to play it, but couldn't because I didn't own a Vita. Finally saw the HD America collection, and since I haven't played Liberation or Black Flag, I think I'll probably pick it up. Good to hear it's fun.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Any really good LP's of that game that came off the farcry 3 engine that was like 80's as gently caress where the LPer isn't annoying or tryhard laughing at everything and ruining it? I recall trying to watch some Youtube LP's of it when it came out and just gave up.

By the way you all recommended a bunch of LP's for my legally blind friend a while ago and he's totally hooked and loving them. So thanks for that the lot of yas.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Any really good LP's of that game that came off the farcry 3 engine that was like 80's as gently caress where the LPer isn't annoying or tryhard laughing at everything and ruining it? I recall trying to watch some Youtube LP's of it when it came out and just gave up.
Are you talking about Blood Dragon? I remember perochialjoe's LP being pretty good.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Just finished watching CannibalK9's incredible LP of The Void (or Tension, as it was known in Russia). Wow. Truly amazing experience.

The game is beautiful, strange, eerie, and wildly imaginative, and CK9 handles it all with the grace and love that it deserves. My only regret is that it had to end. I know it's one of the recommended LPs at the start of this thread, but honestly, the write-up there doesn't do it justice.

I still hope that he'll do an LP of Cargo or Knock Knock some day.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Ghostwoods posted:

Just finished watching CannibalK9's incredible LP of The Void (or Tension, as it was known in Russia). Wow. Truly amazing experience.

The game is beautiful, strange, eerie, and wildly imaginative, and CK9 handles it all with the grace and love that it deserves. My only regret is that it had to end. I know it's one of the recommended LPs at the start of this thread, but honestly, the write-up there doesn't do it justice.

I still hope that he'll do an LP of Cargo or Knock Knock some day.

It is a wonderful LP of a weird bizarre also wonderful game. Everyone should watch it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Annihilation's Shadow Warrior LP is amazing and is so good I think I'm going to go beat Shadow Warrior again for the third time, I can't believe a re-make of a racist kung-fu game can have a story THAT good.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

Annihilation's Shadow Warrior LP is amazing and is so good I think I'm going to go beat Shadow Warrior again for the third time, I can't believe a re-make of a racist kung-fu game can have a story THAT good.
I knew I should've gone with something easier to remember, like chrononhotonthologos.

Anyway, what I came to post originally: one of the best LPs of the last couple of months is McKilligan's playhtrough of The Bureau, a severely underappreciated third person shooter spinoff of the X-COM franchise. Thing is, it wasn't always a spin-off. And it didn't have the plot it has. Or the one it had before.
It's co-commentated by one of the developers and it's just fascinating to watch the story behind the game unfold from the glimpses and details we get.
Oh, yeah, and the game is pretty good roo and the LP sold more than a few copies of it.

Hungry_Need_Brain
Aug 13, 2004

Crip Walker, Texas Ranger

Sociopastry posted:

Has anyone recommended Beagle's LP of X-COM Long War Mod? Because it's amazing. Also he's got a live version of it going. He's really good at showing tactics, discussing the intricacies of the game, and just generally being pretty interesting.

Thanks and seconded on the recommendation! I especially am a big fan of the on-point video editing by Beagle. Makes each individual X-com mission way less tedious to view.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Are there any good LP's of Doom 3? For some reason I really want to see that game again and I can't seem to find a good one (I checked the archive and boons just doesnt want to play well for me so that is a no go). Other good first person horror/failed potential games would also be good.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Are there any LPs of the first Devil May Cry that are like Chip Cheezum's Revengance or Wonderful 101 LPs, where they know the combat very thoroughly and explain it? I'm playing the game myself and I'd like some hints on what moves are a priority to buy, what moves are useful against certain enemies, etc etc.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

kalonZombie posted:

Are there any LPs of the first Devil May Cry that are like Chip Cheezum's Revengance or Wonderful 101 LPs, where they know the combat very thoroughly and explain it? I'm playing the game myself and I'd like some hints on what moves are a priority to buy, what moves are useful against certain enemies, etc etc.

Granted it's been some time since I watched it so I don't know if it's got the detail you want, but Accounting Nightmare did one back in 2007 that I remember being pretty impressed by.

http://lparchive.org/Devil-May-Cry/

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AN's playthroughs were on the highest difficulty starting with no upgrades and doing all secret rooms. They are awesome :love:

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Even more awesome is that it is live commentary that sounds like post commentary.
The only way us viewers learn of this is when she upgraded her mic and didn't know exactly where to put it so we heard the faint clickty-clack of the controller for an episode or 2.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Unfortunately her doing DMC 4 is likely out of the question due to, well, issues beyond her control. Which is a shame, because she previously got halfway through with her usual level of skill.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

kalonZombie posted:

Trying to get some tips for the stream? :v:

Nthing AN's LP's though, she's utterly brilliant at the games and it's a pleasure to watch her tear through them.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NGDBSS posted:

Unfortunately her doing DMC 4 is likely out of the question due to, well, issues beyond her control. Which is a shame, because she previously got halfway through with her usual level of skill.
I think she put up a video saying DMC4 made her arthritis act up, right?

Still, what's there is golden.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

I think she put up a video saying DMC4 made her arthritis act up, right?

Still, what's there is golden.
I was being a bit cagey there, but yes.

Also it'd be nice to see someone do DMC 3 with a Virgil playthrough.

pigster
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone else like Halo 2.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

pigster posted:

True story, I was getting a lovely tattoo about a decade ago (it was a tribal bull thing on my calf forever reminding me I was loving stupid)
There was a guy there who just got a I swear to Christ Halo 2 tattoo on his arm. A big one. It was coming out sometime soon, and he looked over my shoulder at the picture of my soon-to-be tat I was staring into and said "Oh... a tribal?"

That guy likes Halo 2.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Harvey Mantaco posted:

That guy likes Halo 2.

pigster posted:

pigster posted:

Has any one here played [b]halo 2[b]

pigster posted:

Hi everyone just wondering if there was a halo 2 lets play for me to read and have fun to.

Halo 2

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

pigster posted:

Yeah, Halo 2 rocks. I would LP it, but first I must LP the Halo-Killer: the Killzone franchise. It's taking a while, so check back in 10 years.

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
I'll probably get around to doing Halo 1/2/3/ODST/4 after I manage to fix my computer. I also may hold out and LP them on the Master Chief collection if I ever get around to getting an Xbone.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I plan to do a narrative screenshot Let's Play of Halo 2 soon. I plan to write all the dialogue in Ye Olde English except for Master Chief, who will be a pirate.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I plan to do a narrative screenshot Let's Play of Halo 2 soon. I plan to write all the dialogue in Ye Olde English except for Master Chief, who will be a pirate.

i'd 5 it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mega64 posted:

Does he have an eyepatch? This is critical to my viewership needs.