Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Kurui Reiten posted:

I want the culmination of that relationship to be Zhu Li shouting "Varrick! Do the thing!"
:colbert:
I've got fingers crossed that next time they meet up, Varrick will say, "Zhu Li, let's do the thing!" and then they get married. And then Korra believes in true love and marries Wu. And Mako and Asami...etc... And in the background is Lin throwing up at all of this.
[/end scene]
It's the ending we deserve

Actually nothing would make me happier than if none of that happened but one of the final scenes involves Korra asking Zuko and Katara if there was ever any romance between them and one of them goes "Well, you see..." and that's the end. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Jack Skeleton posted:

I just can't wait till Kuvira is killed off next episode to get on to the REAL big bad of this season. MELON LORD!

I would legit be fine with Kuvira getting taken out quickly and replaced by eco-terrorist Toph.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Toph was a terrifying opponent as a child. I can't imagine what she'd be like as an adult in her prime.
She probably could take on the Avatar 1-on-1 if they didn't go into the Avatar state.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Miss Nomer posted:

one of the final scenes involves Korra asking Zuko and Katara if there was ever any romance between them and one of them goes "Well, you see..." and that's the end. Forever.

That would be amazing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Toph was a terrifying opponent as a child. I can't imagine what she'd be like as an adult in her prime.
She probably could take on the Avatar 1-on-1 if they didn't go into the Avatar state.

'Probably'? She could do that when she was ten. As is, she's probably one of the few outside the Red Lotus who could hold their own against an Avatar in the State.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Yakone punked her though. I can't imagine a worse scenario for Toph than hovering a few inches from the ground, completely helpless and unable to use her Earth Sense.

Darth Walrus posted:

'Probably'? She could do that when she was ten. As is, she's probably one of the few outside the Red Lotus who could hold their own against an Avatar in the State.
I don't think any member of the Red Lotus could hold their own against the Avatar State, as the Book 3 finale showed. Maybe as a team they could have been a threat, but not on their own. And I don't think Toph would be much of a challenge either.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

X_Toad posted:

Yakone punked her though. I can't imagine a worse scenario for Toph than hovering a few inches from the ground, completely helpless and unable to use her Earth Sense.

I don't think any member of the Red Lotus could hold their own against the Avatar State, as the Book 3 finale showed. Maybe as a team they could have been a threat, but not on their own. And I don't think Toph would be much of a challenge either.

Toph would get wrecked against any Avatar in the Avatar state. Yip yip!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

hiddenriverninja posted:

Toph would get wrecked against any Avatar in the Avatar state. Yip yip!

God, a Korra version of Ember Island Players would be perfect. :allears:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Neo_Crimson posted:

An ideal 20 episode version of Season 3 would have had the Red Lotus version of The Beach.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

X_Toad posted:

Zaheer survived long enough to wear Korra down and almost kill her. Against the Avatar State, that's fantastic going. I don't think Toph could beat Korra in a fair fight when she's got the glowy eyes going, sure, but I suspect she could match Zaheer's record.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Zaheer's super special secret technique is just +10 to running away. It's like the one thing that would actually be effective against the Avatar State.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Darth Walrus posted:

Zaheer survived long enough to wear Korra down and almost kill her. Against the Avatar State, that's fantastic going.

It was Zaheer + poison vs. Avatar state. He stated as much when he said, "you can't fight both me and the poison." Besides, he could fly effortlessly, whereas Korra had to use a lot of her bending ability just for propulsion in order to keep up.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Killer robot posted:

An ideal 20 episode version of Season 3 would have had the Red Lotus version of The Beach.

God what I would give for a LoK that actually had multi-season villains and an overarching plot.

I know that wasn't possible for obvious reasons but they finally nailed that anti-Gaang feel and then they're gone in a single season. :sigh:

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

JT Jag posted:

Bolin has gotten really good at using the lava powers, to the point that somehow he's become one of the most combat-competent characters in the show (poo poo no one would have said even last season), but I don't think he's really gotten to the "creative usage" step yet. He just pulls it out when he's already in danger, he's not gonna make a plan centered around his new skills. Bolin has never really been the plan type.

It was funny to see him be like, "Oh right you guys are like lvl 1 benders, I'm a little tired of talking to you so I'll just bend myself out of this." BOOM

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god yes:

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Old Zuko is as adorable as young Zuko.

(Source: Tumblr fan artist makanidotdot)

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Aces High posted:

I dunno, maybe once Bolin returns with Varrick and they explain what Kuvira plans to do then things will change. But that's like 2 episodes away (or possibly next episode even?) or however long their boat ride will take. Did the prisoners say where they were planning to go again?

Pretty sure they're heading towards republic city.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Miss Nomer posted:

Actually nothing would make me happier than if none of that happened but one of the final scenes involves Korra asking Zuko and Katara if there was ever any romance between them and one of them goes "Well, you see..." and that's the end. Forever.

And they both glance over at Bumi while he's playing with Bum-ju.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

I love her take on Toph and the rest of the Beifongs. It does make me wish for a bunch more of the old Gaang in LoK, though, which would probably not be so good.
Maybe a spinoff show that's pure comedy though, that would work.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
I have one wish for the finale of this season, and that wish is for the return of the Avatar State Ball O' Asskicking. Preferably with a metal ring as well as the classical elements. Is that so wrong?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Lurken posted:

I have one wish for the finale of this season, and that wish is for the return of the Avatar State Ball O' Asskicking. Preferably with a metal ring as well as the classical elements. Is that so wrong?

What about lightning?

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mraagvpeine posted:

What about lightning?

Sounds like a potentially disastrous or potentially amazing combo.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Have we seen Korra use lightning so far? Or even Aang?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Aang redirected lightning, but I don't think he's produced any of his own.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
I don't think we've seen Korra either, but then she doesn't exactly have the cool, collected personality needed.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Neither did Azula in the Last Agni Kai, so I'm betting you can produce it if you're losing your poo poo, but it's dangerous.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

VanSandman posted:

Neither did Azula in the Last Agni Kai, so I'm betting you can produce it if you're losing your poo poo, but it's dangerous.

I believe that is chalked up to straight up muscle memory, but who knows?

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, she knew it beforehand so it wasn't as hard as if she were producing it from scratch like Zuko. Then again, IIRC the lightning she produced during the Last Agni Kai somehow seemed different (wilder, less contained?) but then I may be projecting or misremembering.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I would legit be fine with Kuvira getting taken out quickly and replaced by eco-terrorist Toph.
What if the Earth Empire's intrusion awakens a bunch of malevolent spirits that look like they'll possess Kuvira, only to possess Toph and turn her into a walking natural disaster? We'd probably need some episodes of build-up for that, though.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Azula's lightning creation in the Last Agni Kai is, while not necessarily wild, much less economical than her usual windup.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Lurken posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't happen. Kuvira hucks some metal at Korra while she's in the Avatar Ball and Korra just bends it away and adds it to the mix.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't happen. Kuvira hucks some metal at Korra while she's in the Avatar Ball and Korra just bends it away and adds it to the mix.

Coat yourself in it, become the hamsterball of doom.

No it does not have to make sense.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Chainsaw Korra :getin:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Darth Walrus posted:

This is Toph. Platinum or not, going up against her whilst encased in metal seems like the awfullest of awful ideas.

Toph is basically Magneto.

Aside from the whole borderline genocidal bent.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You haven't heard what she thinks about sandbenders have you

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You haven't heard what she thinks about sandbenders have you

I would've guessed she would turn the desert into sandstone but nooooo.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Heads up on tomorrows episode:

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/103173899927/a-few-preemptive-words-about-episode-408

It is a clip episode. Apparently the shows budget was slashed and so this was the result. They tried as best as they could to make it entertaining to watch

Also this:

I swear at this point Mike, Bryan, or both have accepted it as canon. With how much teasing they do.

iSheep fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 21, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Welp, maybe you'll get your wish after all!

Also, gently caress Nickelodeon, for fucks sakes.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 21, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

thexerox123 posted:

Also, gently caress Nickelodeon, for fucks sakes.

I know, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Dammit Nick. Though I am curious to see how they frame the past seasons. This could be important for how they want Season 4 to be interpreted.

• Locked thread