Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Job interview went great today, significant other is out of town for a conference, new GTX 970 arrived. Killing all the endangered animals in FC4 and beer and pizza for the next 72 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It owns as much as reviews said.

first person mode was definitely the easiest way to win me over~~

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gtav or fc4 guys

i havent played gtav yet

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

gtav or fc4 guys

i havent played gtav yet

i just got back from a work trip and have both....gta for me :)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
GTA

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

gtav or fc4 guys

i havent played gtav yet

Wait until January when GTAV finally gets the PC release.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FC4.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Wait until January when GTAV finally gets the PC release.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
same

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
FC4. You can be done with the game over a week and then move on to gta v

Nick Soapdish posted:

Job interview went great today, significant other is out of town for a conference, new GTX 970 arrived. Killing all the endangered animals in FC4 and beer and pizza for the next 72 hours.

Overclock it with MSI Afterburner. I got to core clock speed up to 1450 mhz easy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

FC4. You can be done with the game over a week and then move on to gta

that was my idea

gonna hold out on gtav pc because holy crap rockstar cant optimize for poo poo on pc. gtaiv was so loving bad on pc until everyone modded it to be rad as hell.

but ill def grab it on ps4

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

that was my idea

gonna hold out on gtav pc because holy crap rockstar cant optimize for poo poo on pc. gtaiv was so loving bad on pc until everyone modded it to be rad as hell.

but ill def grab it on ps4

OK cool please post Roscoe. Thanks

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
cant stop playing gta

Personally, i thin k this is the best one yet

Channel X has some of my favorite punk tunes, and is hosted by Keith Morris. poo poo owns. Looks loving awesome and quite a few of the missions/cutscenes are loving hilarious and/or over the top action.

Far Cry 4 is pretty bad rear end too, but GTA has sucked me in (from the back)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

OK cool please post Roscoe. Thanks

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Now I just need a jingle truck.

:buddy:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Your dogge loving owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Roscoe!!!!!!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Your brother sounds like this guy who also likes the cougar.

Scrubs.

Do it right.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That would be loving awesome to own.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bye bye Asp, it was nice having you for a couple days. Waiting on news of the Gamma-Release wipe to see if it's worth playing from now till then. Patch notes make it sound like Sol is open now, might swing by there if true. Was the size of the pill expanded in this patch?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I found a mortar, dropped some rounds on guys attacking the outpost... and blew up an elephant. Negative karma points. :( That is a pretty big blast radius.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
News flash: crafting in games still loving blows. Don't make me chase around animals so I can just get on with the actual game.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I found a mortar, dropped some rounds on guys attacking the outpost... and blew up an elephant. Negative karma points. :( That is a pretty big blast radius.

uh p sure you iced some civvies cuz merking elephants doesnt give you neg karma bruh

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Elephants own. An enraged one did most of the heavy lifting when it came to liberating an outpost.

I baited for an animal, but got a Bengal tiger that promptly hosed me up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ho ho ho now I have a Carl Gustav

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tried to make a lady character in dragon age but they kept ending up looking like trannies, then it was bed time

I will try again tomorrow

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
this is me in fc4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

And now I have an MG-42. I think I'm in love.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

I wonder what the weight limit is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So is the first person poo poo in GTA gimmicky or what. I haven't played it but saw it played a lot. Definitely going to get it eventually

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
the controls are a little weird since they used the third person movement controls for first person. So when you sprint you turn with the left stick instead of the right, and you have to hold the x button down the whole time. That's the only thing that's different though.

Not sure if you can change it to the traditional fps controls or what. But first person looks fuckin good, m8. Also you can have separate views for when you're on foot or in a car. That's pretty sweet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Christoff posted:

So is the first person poo poo in GTA gimmicky or what. I haven't played it but saw it played a lot. Definitely going to get it eventually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDCd_19ZRII
Edit: NWS audio

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

elite_garbage_man posted:

the controls are a little weird since they used the third person movement controls for first person. So when you sprint you turn with the left stick instead of the right, and you have to hold the x button down the whole time. That's the only thing that's different though.

Not sure if you can change it to the traditional fps controls or what. But first person looks fuckin good, m8. Also you can have separate views for when you're on foot or in a car. That's pretty sweet.

You can. It's actually labeled 'standard FPS' or something similar. Anyway, the FPS stuff is cool. It's not like COD or Battlefield, though. The character controls like a human with a GoPro for a face would. I'm ehh on it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

:siren:Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog $150 off for the next 12 hours for sim spergs:siren:

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Joystick-2960720/dp/B00371R8P4

Fun fact for you: that HOTAS is the one the console instructors use in our T45 simulators here.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

vulturesrow posted:

Fun fact for you: that HOTAS is the one the console instructors use in our T45 simulators here.

It pops up in movies too. I've seen that and the Saitek X55 a bunch.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
heres some vid footage of me wrecking an elephants poo poo and no karma hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMyDyeas3Kc&t=407s

also i run down some dirtbag civvies having a picnic or someshit in the middle of the road and lose karma around the 4 min mark

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Welp v:)v

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

And now I have an MG-42. I think I'm in love.

I will never ever forget the sound of half your rifle squad dying in Close Combat 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwW31u6wYvE

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
Thought about the HOTAS setup for if/when Star Citizen becomes a thing, but I can't justify it right now any less than I can justify spending 200.00 on a fake spaceship in a game that doesn't real.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

elite_garbage_man posted:

I think it works well enough to play through the whole game in first person. There's a huge deadzone for aiming, though, which makes the firing range challenges tough. Maybe I missed something in the options menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

vulturesrow posted:

I have 2 friends who fly UAVs, they were using Saitek X-52's for awhile on their training sims

• Locked thread