Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Vince Videogames posted:

Same but I also got a second email saying my Samus amiibo was delayed!

I got the same email about my Link amiibo as I read your post!

gently caress Toys R Us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I guess TRU only got like two of each amiibo in stock or something. Got the same email for the Kirby one I pre-ordered.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Yeah, an amiiboo is not worth waiting all that time. I just cancelled that order and ordered from amazon which'll arrive on the 25th.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The toys r us situation is completely hosed.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That's crazy... glad I ordered from Amazon. I figured TRU wasn't even worth it for the Free Amiibo when you factor the $6 in sales tax I would have to pay for it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

I guess TRU only got like two of each amiibo in stock or something. Got the same email for the Kirby one I pre-ordered.

I got hit by the same e-mail. At least mine is going to be given away as a Christmas gift so I can afford a few weeks delay.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Random Stranger posted:

I got hit by the same e-mail. At least mine is going to be given away as a Christmas gift so I can afford a few weeks delay.

I need to get prepped for finals week so I can't afford to be distracted even though I'm gonna buy Pokemon tomorrow and get distracted.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The one nice thing about being a teacher is that finals/midterms week is when I get to sit back and crack open beers.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A long time ago, I think possibly even in this thread someone was talking about a way to extend the tablet's range so that one could play further away via some wifi bridge trickery. Did anything ever come of this/is this even possible?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

DoctorWhat posted:

WTF, Smash 4 Wii U requires an SD card to save snapshots!

This is super dumb when the system's got a hard drive but at least Photo Mode rules.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

Which is funny considering I work at one and we got... uh, quite a large shipment of them to our store. More than the GameStop that my brother works at. This online bullshit sounds like complete garbage though. I feel for you guys.

Apparently though Amiibo are (as Nintendo predicted I think I remember reading?) getting really hard to find otherwise. Most places are receiving low shipments and selling out really quick.

CarpetCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 21, 2014

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Aperture Priority posted:

gently caress Toys R Us!

I'm glad I canceled my pre-order with them then (though I really wanted a Link amiibo). Here's to hoping I can get Best Buy or Target to price match their B1G1 40% off sale.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Oddly enough, I feel an almost: "AGH NO NOT YET" about Smash coming out today. I still have a lot to do in Hyrule Warriors, haven't cracked open Bayo 1 or 2, have a few eshop and VC games to play that I've never even opened, have about 5 games on my 3DS and DS backlog.... and then there's still Steam games that I'll never play because of Steam Sales.

Not to mention Nintendo doing a Friday release... I work late then go to the bar for a bit. I need to take next week off for Smash I think. Smashgiving week.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Kyle Orland is still pretty sure Smash is getting delayed til 2015 guys. Nintendo has simply taken too long to announce its release date, it would be impossible to release now.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Who's that and why do we care?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aperture Priority posted:

gently caress Toys R Us!

Hahaha jesus christ me too. Welp that's cancelled and for slightly less money I just ordered from Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow. :downs:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I still remember the day I bought my Wii. Galaxy had just come out and there were no Wiis or Mario Galaxies anywhere, I had enough money to buy both but just barely. It was my second visit to Toys R Us looking for a Wii the first time I asked when they get new stock and the second time I just showed up a few hours after opening. I told myself I'd buy both if they had both, or nothing.

Seriously why are you people trying to buy dept store products on the dept store website?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Regy Rusty posted:

Hahaha jesus christ me too. Welp that's cancelled and for slightly less money I just ordered from Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow. :downs:

I "cancelled" and it actually only cancelled the free amiibo.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

I still remember the day I bought my Wii. Galaxy had just come out and there were no Wiis or Mario Galaxies anywhere, I had enough money to buy both but just barely. It was my second visit to Toys R Us looking for a Wii the first time I asked when they get new stock and the second time I just showed up a few hours after opening. I told myself I'd buy both if they had both, or nothing.

Seriously why are you people trying to buy dept store products on the dept store website?
Its 2014 grandpa, people don't leave their houses anymore.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

CarpetCrawler posted:

Which is funny considering I work at one and we got... uh, quite a large shipment of them to our store. More than the GameStop that my brother works at. This online bullshit sounds like complete garbage though. I feel for you guys.

Apparently though Amiibo are (as Nintendo predicted I think I remember reading?) getting really hard to find otherwise. Most places are receiving low shipments and selling out really quick.

It'd be interesting to see how many people took advantage of the pre-order for those free amiibos. And to see how many amiibos are available in store right now in my area.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
In my day people used to get things called tans.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Nolgthorn posted:

In my day people used to get things called tans.

Yeah but now it's the future, and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCTSCAQzY9k

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
I've never really collected anything, but I have pre-ordered every drat Amiibo that is available. I think I'm just going to put them on a shelf or something. I don't know what i'm doing with my life.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Legdiian posted:

I've never really collected anything, but I have pre-ordered every drat Amiibo that is available. I think I'm just going to put them on a shelf or something. I don't know what i'm doing with my life.
I'm sorry to hear about your mental illness, get well soon.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Yo ausgoons, EB Games is having a 20% off sale on those eShop cards from now until the 1st of December if buying digital is your thing.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Legdiian posted:

This is $377.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Walked into my local TRU and walked out with Smash, MK8, Mario/Yoshi fight pads, Kirby/Link/Yoshi amiibos...

A good, expensive fuckin day. The buy 1 get 40% off is insane

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

TheHoosier posted:

Walked into my local TRU and walked out with Smash, MK8, Mario/Yoshi fight pads, Kirby/Link/Yoshi amiibos...

A good, expensive fuckin day. The buy 1 get 40% off is insane

I did Smash digitally but did a TRU run for Pokemon and Kirby/Link/Samus amiibos, and since they didn't have any copies of Fire Emblem Awakening or Rayman Legends I picked up Super Mario Galaxy 2 as my 40% off ($17.99).

loving Nintendo, stop releasing games I want to play.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I just watched a guy knock Toon Link into the air then Ridley sent out a perfectly timed fire ball to send him flying off the stage. It was beautiful.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

elf help book posted:

I "cancelled" and it actually only cancelled the free amiibo.

I just checked with an official of TRU and they told me it'll take 24 hours for the game to be officially cancelled, but don't worry about being charged for the game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Has anyone seen the bundle in the wild for sale sans preorder? I'm about to just go to Target and see what's what.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

noirstronaut posted:

Has anyone seen the bundle in the wild for sale sans preorder? I'm about to just go to Target and see what's what.

I picked one up at Gamestop this morning, they only got 8, and 7 were reserved. Target and Walmart did not have any, Best Buy did, but I already had mine from Gamestop.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I picked one up at Gamestop this morning, they only got 8, and 7 were reserved. Target and Walmart did not have any, Best Buy did, but I already had mine from Gamestop.

drat. Seeing as its about 1 in the afternoon on launch day, I may just be out of luck until next week or so.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
So Canadian amazon is tossing in a free copy of either Tropical Freeze or Windwaker with purchase of the 3D World+Nintendoland deluxe bundle. Walmart Canada also had the same deal in this weeks flyer if you don't want to wait for shipping.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

So Canadian amazon is tossing in a free copy of either Tropical Freeze or Windwaker with purchase of the 3D World+Nintendoland deluxe bundle. Walmart Canada also had the same deal in this weeks flyer if you don't want to wait for shipping.

Man, that's a pretty difficult decision. Both are great games. The answer is to buy a Wii U, pick one of the games and then buy the other.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Someone was talking about system/usb copying stupidity and I just saw my own bit of it. I'm moving key stuff off the HDD to travel later and tried to move 21GB into 24GB of free system memory and got a message that I needed 27GB free to make the move :psyduck:. Doing just the 2 bigger ones at like 15GB and then the rest in a separate attempt worked ok.

So the OS is a bit stupid in general on this front. shocker.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The quick start is definitely handy, but I still don't really get the weird disconnect between the 3DS-like icons on the tablet and the strange uninteractive stuff on my TV (or vice versa). The Mii crowds popping up Miiverse posts can be entertaining, it just feels like such a strange design choice. At least let me use the tablet IR to point at stuff I want to click on if I see a post I like.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So let me get this straight. If I pre-ordered Smash in a brick and mortar TRU I get the Ammibo and 40% off another game? Hopefully they aren't out of all the good Amiibo's by the time I get off work.

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So let me get this straight. If I pre-ordered Smash in a brick and mortar TRU I get the Ammibo and 40% off another game? Hopefully they aren't out of all the good Amiibo's by the time I get off work.

I just went in to TRU without pre-ordering and was able to get the 40% off, so I picked up Smash & Bayonetta 2. The Amiibo is free only with pre-orders, and I believe it won't stack with other promotions. They wouldn't throw in the free Amiibo for me, so hopefully you'll have more luck getting both deals since you pre-ordered before showing up. I have a feeling they're going to tell you it's one or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Just bought Hyrule Warriors and Smash for myself my son with that Toys R Us promo. It is going to be really hard waiting fro Christmas.

• Locked thread