Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

November 5th update:

New GP Gashacon volume 21 announced:

Pixie and Fred Pixie for feds.

Ifrit and Ifrit Nacht for Zeon.

Strongest melee Gashacon for both sides.

I've noticed more Ifrit Nachts in gold tier because it can pull off base attack gimmicks like the Fred. The suit isn't top tier like the Fred, but it can pull off some really useful tricks.

We're doomed.

I doubt any rebalance patch will work in Zeon's favor.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

November 14th update preview:

Gundam Alex now instantly kills with every shot.
Ground Gundam is now invincible.
All Zakus now deal no damage.
Using a nuke now ends the game with a failure if Zeon uses them.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Corrected a bug with pixies where they exhausted their boost bar in order to perform boost melee attacks.

I have begun to notice a lot more ifirt nachts in matches now. I'm curious as to exactly how good it'll be. Im saving up my tickets for the silver GP.

But I'm far from optimistic about any "balance" we get.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

randombattle posted:

Wait, I thought this was supposed to be an update, not a restating of the staus quo.

Even if it was true, then that would imply that other MS could damage an Alex and Ground Gundam.
I'm really getting the feeling that the only reason the EF loses the war is because they're all too busy padding their personal K/D ratios.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rhyos posted:

Wait, I thought this was supposed to be an update, not a restating of the staus quo.

Even if it was true, then that would imply that other MS could damage an Alex and Ground Gundam.
I'm really getting the feeling that the only reason the EF loses the war is because they're all too busy padding their personal K/D ratios.

By George you're catching on! In high end coordinated games tehy'll destroy two bases then farm you out for the next 10 minutes.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I played a match today in which, for the 10 minutes my cat was sitting on the keyboard, I simply stood in place and played with the mouse. I did better than I ever have while actually trying. I love Gundam, and I do like this game, I really do, but by M'Quve's Vase, is it skewed!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
:laugh:

They can get exactly all those buffs and still complain as they somehow lose the weekly wars.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I'm still firmly convinced that the Co-op game for us is what PvP is for Feds.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Next war, the Massive VS sortie event returns.

For the Feds:

For Zeon:

Actually it's

Slave Wraith and Vincent Zaku returning. Still no Sack II though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Loot report:

1100 Tickets:

1 Gold ifrit nacht (grenade trait vendor trashed)
9 ifrit nacht silvers
9 ifrit silvers
1 Dx ticket.

Pretty much a crappy wash.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
1800 tickets spent,

1 gold ifrit obtained. Grenade trait roll -vendor trashed.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
been whoring out on FFXIV lately playing ninja class and doing the story quest additions so I'll prolly come back around the next balance update polar said we are getting one sometime?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

been whoring out on FFXIV lately playing ninja class and doing the story quest additions so I'll prolly come back around the next balance update polar said we are getting one sometime?

17th or 18th or something I think?

Its up a few posts. I doubt it'll change anything. Maybe they'll take the gouf custom and change the quick switch to weakness trait that'd be great.

RIght now I'm thinking of changing my build up a bit more 1 zogok, 1 ifrit melee, 1 gabaldi melee, 1 kampfer.

Not sure I'm gonna like the ifrit till I know for sure seeing as the rental left me with a bad impression.

Granted that's a lvl 3 combat custom.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
This week, complete your perfect challenge bonus(Reduced to 5 Challenges to count as a perfect bonus) and get a DX ticket on top of 50,000 GP.

Haro event is over, but Slave Wraith/Vincent event continues.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Time to sell my Haro cards! I was already 1 away from a Perfect Challenge, so this works out great. Likewise, 1 DX away from a 10-spot! Now to take forever and patch.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Limited Massive VS Mode is returning for a bit.

Both teams are provided with pre-made decks made up of lesser used suits. Apparently they will change the preset deck every day.

You can get event points here that you can redeem for prizes, though they're not saying what. Probably DX/Master/GP, if you score high on the leaderboard? More details later. Event lasts 2 weeks next war.

Also they are changing the respawn menu, so that you can decide which suit is best to use while having the map available.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Now there's a fun game mode. Strip all the stupid alex rushes out of the game.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Play massive VS to stock pile exclusive Christmas pink Gashacon event tickets. You'll get one ticket a day along with your daily. You can't spend them yet, there will be an exclusive gashacon for these tickets later, the contents aren't announced yet.

Limited Massive VS is up
It has event points that pay out like the Vincent event. No exclusive suit prints, just DX/Master/Deck/Garage tickets. At 225+ event points the possible prizes are DX/Master/Coordinate/Color sprays.

Here is the limited VS schedule of suits and maps.

11/22 and 12/2 have 1 alex and 1 kampfer on the deck. The rest look like interesting match-ups (11/21 is melee/shotguns day, 11/27 is all heavies, 11/28 is all shelling etc).

The best day to farm this for event points is most likely 11/25, the map is fixed on A bou Ko. Only 1 assault on each teams deck, Rick Dom vs GM Space commando. Rick Dom is much better at hitting bases, although each side has a pretty defense oriented deck. Snipers can hit Z/C(Bottom side of the map) if you're good at being sneaky, Rick Dom/GM Space isn't the only viable base attacker here.

11/23 has the only other race map, Doan island but the preset deck is pretty much slow suits with guided missiles. This setup will probably have prolonged battles like the rest.

December 2 is supposed to be the last day of UC 0080 (Limited warfare map is even fixed on Side 6, Alex/Kampfer/Zaku II Kai/GM Sniper II present), December 3 will be UC 0083 along with balance changes.

They haven't said anything concrete, other than underused suits/weapons will be buffed to be more competitive vs the expensive suit meta currently.

2nd Anniversary of Gundam Online page is up, along with a preview of 2 famous suits from 0083...

There's no way the upcoming DX will compete with GP-01 or GP-02. Saving up my DX tickets. I want rocket shooter trait GP-02. Or maybe I should wait for Gerbera Tetra...

In addition old accounts will be paid out the following, all inclusive(ie. Older than 350 days gets all of this):

Greater than 350 days: 5 DX tickets
Greater than 300 days: 300,000 GP
Greater than 250 days: 5 Master tickets
Greater than 200 days: 200,000 GP
Greater than 150 days: 20 Garage tickets
Greater than 100 days: 5 Master tickets
Greater than 30 days: 5 DX tickets
1 day old: 20 Garage tickets

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 19, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
got my first gold GP suit 280 cost efreet shotgun trait

http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/UC0083/

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 19, 2014

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

gently caress, this might get me playing again.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
got another 280 efreet this one however was grenade traited....>_>

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

got another 280 efreet this one however was grenade traited....>_>

Both of em go in the vendor bin IMO>

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So far "Fair fight" has been more proof bandai has never played a zeon unit in its life.

Matching a 120mm machine gun dom with a D type saber vs some kind of super power GM with a shotgun shield more boost and boost recharge than a dom. Doesn't really work out.

As a result I think Zeon is like 0-100 on this current matchup.

SEriously who thinks D type saber Dom is a good combat custom? Adding onto the fact that its a loving 120MM machien gun? My penis is more effective at demolishing a gundam.

Also wolf vs F2 isn't fair either. Especially with the f2 setup they gave us. WOlfs quick switch dominated.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

Zeirnaton posted:

got my first gold GP suit 280 cost efreet shotgun trait

http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/UC0083/

I wonder if this means Zeon might end up getting the Xamel as a artillery unit?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

OrangeSoda posted:

I wonder if this means Zeon might end up getting the Xamel as a artillery unit?

Ehh probably, I don't expect anything great out of anything they give us anymore.

I'm definitely being super negative as of late but really when you give me a dom with only a 120mm machine gun. Against someone heavily armored with a shotgun the same boost and better recharge cap. Yeah I'm not putting much faith in you when that's your idea of a fair fight.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

How can you be anything but negative of the recent patches. It's just been a joke of fixes to things that weren't broken and complete ignoring balance issues.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

So far "Fair fight" has been more proof bandai has never played a zeon unit in its life.

Matching a 120mm machine gun dom with a D type saber vs some kind of super power GM with a shotgun shield more boost and boost recharge than a dom. Doesn't really work out.

As a result I think Zeon is like 0-100 on this current matchup.

SEriously who thinks D type saber Dom is a good combat custom? Adding onto the fact that its a loving 120MM machien gun? My penis is more effective at demolishing a gundam.

Also wolf vs F2 isn't fair either. Especially with the f2 setup they gave us. WOlfs quick switch dominated.

yea the f2 vs that gm cannon isn't fair at all it was really stupid, a charge bazooka and a non-refillable sturnfaust vs a charge beam rifle and a instant switch refillable zook?

on that side note though I'm liking the efreet even though it is shotgun traited just yesterday I knocked an alex down in the front with the shotgun also the double melee from the efreet is pretty sweet no lie, but combat custom definitely would have been the way to go

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 20, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

on that side note though I'm liking the efreet even though it is shotgun traited just yesterday I knocked an alex down in the front with the shotgun also the double melee from the efreet is pretty sweet no lie, but combat custom definitely would have been the way to go

God you should see the dom vs this GM with a shield and shotgun.

the machine gun does dick for damage. If you melee the GM it falls down with its shield almost broken no damage to it...

IT can knock you out of the air with the shotgun has melee capabilities too and does a poo poo ton more damage than the little machine gun that couldn't.

gently caress bandai.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

God you should see the dom vs this GM with a shield and shotgun.

the machine gun does dick for damage. If you melee the GM it falls down with its shield almost broken no damage to it...

IT can knock you out of the air with the shotgun has melee capabilities too and does a poo poo ton more damage than the little machine gun that couldn't.

gently caress bandai.

When I got my daily in last night, I was laughing pretty hard at the Dom without a bazooka. The bazooka pretty much defines the Dom, it can't beat the Armour Enhanced GM shotgunner otherwise.

I feel like the Gelgoog was the only decent unit in that setup, won the match and scored 9th with careful beam rifle / occasional melee play. Naginata D was fun.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

When I got my daily in last night, I was laughing pretty hard at the Dom without a bazooka. The bazooka pretty much defines the Dom, it can't beat the Armour Enhanced GM shotgunner otherwise.

I feel like the Gelgoog was the only decent unit in that setup, won the match and scored 9th with careful beam rifle / occasional melee play. Naginata D was fun.

I thought the limited vs thing was gonna be really fun, which is why I came back.

Instead it's a choice between "really one-sided fight" and "everyone dies because Alex."

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

OrangeSoda posted:

I thought the limited vs thing was gonna be really fun, which is why I came back.

Instead it's a choice between "really one-sided fight" and "everyone dies because Alex."

Today's grenade/melee only gimmick was pretty fun. Played with AlBorland and won every match. Zeon is winning the war somehow this week too.

Next preset deck is Alex vs Kampfer on texas colony with sturm/bazooka/shotgun units as sides. Pretty much top tier meta. Who knows how they'll arm the units though.

The Doan island aquatic battle one after that looks interesting though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It seems like they could put Zeon on foot and they would still end up winning at this rate.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Real men don't need mobile suits to win their battles.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

Today's grenade/melee only gimmick was pretty fun. Played with AlBorland and won every match. Zeon is winning the war somehow this week too.

Agreed, this is really fun. Now I kinda want one of these cold weather (I think?) doms since they seem to be a really good bazooka unit (that and it's my second favorite mobile suit).

The aquatic battle will probably be fun too. For some reason i'm really good with aquatic units. Hell, one of the few times I ever got top 10 was in a hygogg, somehow.

V Is the Rick Dom better than the other types?

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 25, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
I thought that the setup for Zeon was terrible for Doan island initially, but it was really enjoyable once we had a platoon going with a strong winning strategy.

Easily the most fun I've had on that map. Coincidentally, one of the few times I've seen some serious work done in Acguys.

Tonight is the only space map on the limited vs rotation, A bou ko. Should be good for farming event points, despite not having alot of assault suits available. The initial Rick Dom rush should make this map a short one.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Hey guys. Deployment's over and I'm back in Japan. How are things on the Zeon front?

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

The feddies just get more and more OP, but we just keep winning. That's basically the gist of it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It has to be people just farming wins on Zeon or something. I refuse to believe that the zeon pubbies are just that good.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
unit 1 prototype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsgVa8gExCI

unit 2 prototype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6YHyYELHjU

torrington map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glq56Q5ZP3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_3PJi92CqY

I am honestly surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfflight
Apr 9, 2012
Applied to the group, working on getting better. Enjoying the game but since I got into the real battles I have been getting stomped. Not had too much luck with Gashacon yet but I did get a Perm Dom Tropen.

• Locked thread