Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Idiots will definitely seek it out because it's "controversial" and that makes it more valuable in their mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Idiots will definitely seek it out because it's "controversial" and that makes it more valuable in their mind.

I've had probably 10 inquiries about it over he last two months so you're not wrong. Sadly I probably could have moved 50 copies of #1 so I wish we'd made that level, if only to Ebay that pile of poo poo.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So, this is the solicitated cover to Avengers #41. It's the unaltered same cover as Ultimates #1. Marvel has confirmed that this is the actual cover and that it was not an error.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So an incursion event or something.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Is that the issue where Time Runs Out?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

Is that the issue where Time Runs Out?
No, that's 3 months later.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dacap posted:

So, this is the solicitated cover to Avengers #41. It's the unaltered same cover as Ultimates #1. Marvel has confirmed that this is the actual cover and that it was not an error.

I always liked how there was a beam of hope coming out of Cap's armpit. You know before he revealed himself to be a world class rear end in a top hat bigger than Tony.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This is going to be awesome. Even if it isn't what we think it is, maybe we'll see the Ultimates deal with and repel an incursion.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Rhyno posted:

So an incursion event or something.

Still odd that they're just re-running that cover instead of either doing an homage with the 616 characters in the same positions or with the current Ultimate universe characters or something to that effect.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's going to look bitchin' with the Avengers logo over it.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

I thought it wasn't actually coming out? I know my local said they weren't getting it.

Anyway It's either that or the legless Land cover. Whoever wins, the reader loses.

I'm going to post the Maddox video if people repeat this fake outrage because this was the dumbest controversy in a world where Land is still a paid artist.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I also read and follow 'Maddox' in 2014.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

NutritiousSnack posted:

I'm going to post the Maddox video if people repeat this fake outrage because this was the dumbest controversy in a world where Land is still a paid artist.
No don't.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have no idea why you think that A. the outrage was fake and B. the same people don't think Land is a piece of poo poo too

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 19, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dan Didio posted:

I also read and follow 'Maddox' in 2014.

Now wait just a minute. Maybe he meant WWE personality Brad Maddox. I'd listen to what he had to say about the situation.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Manara should sign all his pieces with "Beef Mode".

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NutritiousSnack posted:

Is it bad that I assumed he was talking about Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Right up until you said that, I thought he was too.

I'm going to keep thinking that. It's probably more fun that way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

No way guys, I really want to know what a dated 90s internet celebrity who specializes in juvenile Dennis Leary style "people who care about things are morons" rants has to say about this issue. I'm sure it doesn't boil down to "everyone who doesn't think like me is a pussy who loves getting offended" at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really enjoyed today's issue of Moon Knight. Also I'm fine with Nathan Edmondson writing Punisher and Black Widow as long as he's got story to tell. I'd never heard of him before these two books and I've never been big on either character but I really like what he's doing with them.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Edmonson's Black Widow book is really good, and the Noto art is fantastic. Everyone should read it. :colbert:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Edmonson is alright but doesn't feel up to scratch with the artists he's working with. Granted the books I've read of his have been with Noto, Edmundson and Alison Sampson who can bring some A game stuff. Just really feels like there could be more being done from the scripting side of things.

Doomking
Sep 20, 2006

What is it like to see someone die?
I wonder if my mom knows
Is Del Mundo back on Elektra for the long term?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Doomking posted:

Is Del Mundo back on Elektra for the long term?

It's only got three more issues left.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I haven't read Punisher yet but drat, Black Widow was good. Isaiah. :smith:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

irlZaphod posted:

I haven't read Punisher yet but drat, Black Widow was good. Isaiah. :smith:

I'd've felt more moved by Isaiah's situation had we not just seen him get kidnapped like three issues ago.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones are doing a new Howard the Duck book

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/11/21/marvel-announces-howard-the-duck-by-chip-zdarsky-and-joe-quinones/

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Wowie.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Edit: nvm

Shitshow fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 21, 2014

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Doesn't matter (as much), he's not writing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This sounds fantastic.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hahaha multiple comments on the Howard the Duck announcement on Newsarama that just read MARVEL DOES THIS BUT CAN'T BRING BACK RICHARD RIDER AS NOVA????

gently caress comic fans

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Blockhouse posted:

hahaha multiple comments on the Howard the Duck announcement on Newsarama that just read MARVEL DOES THIS BUT CAN'T BRING BACK RICHARD RIDER AS NOVA????

gently caress comic fans

Since Tom Brevoort stopped responding to them, I forgot that those idiots were a thing. I had a look and CosmicBookNews is still up, so apparently they still are.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've encountered people who are steadfastly refusing to acknowledge Carol as Captain Marvel, that they should have brought back Mar-vell instead.

It's usually accompanied by grumbling about women and tumblr and social justice warriors and crap that you can smell the fedora on.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blockhouse posted:

gently caress comic fans

Speaking as somebody who'd really like to see Richard Rider come back (ideally not at the expense of Sam), gently caress those guys.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'd've felt more moved by Isaiah's situation had we not just seen him get kidnapped like three issues ago.

This was my reaction as well. It kind of cheapened him being rescued initially.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Especially gently caress those guys, as the new run is pretty much pointing in the direction of the return of Richard, as well as Secret Wars teasing the Richard and his family becoming the new Nova Corps.

Plus it's good if a little kid friendly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn't they just bring back Rider in Guardians? Or did they just flashbacked to how he died?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn't they just bring back Rider in Guardians? Or did they just flashbacked to how he died?

It was flashbacks and completely ignores a huge plot point from Nova and the Thanos Imperative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It was flashbacks and completely ignores a huge plot point from Nova and the Thanos Imperative.

Which plot points other than the Thanos Imperative ending?

• Locked thread