Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

that and the unbreakable 1:1 relationship between user and pin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i like that bb10 makes it such a pain in the rear end to set up an active-sync account that we regularly have people asking if they can set up pop and smtp on their exchange servers just for bb users.

this has been a solved problem for literally everyone (well, maybe not android) since 2008, how are you still making it this complicated?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Thanks Ants posted:

it was an email pager platform.

it was an email pager platform that got frankensteined over a decade into the tortured mess it is now, but at its heart it's still a pager

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I see Thorsten got a new job.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/18/7240515/former-blackberry-ceo-thorsten-heins-now-leading-powermat

Wonder why there isn't a BBry app yet? Looks like they had them before. http://crackberry.com/review-powermat-wireless-charging-system-blackberry-torch-9800-and-9810

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

itym device and pin

so many "MY BLACKBERRY BROKE MY NEW PIN IS 69420" from boca raton jewesses on facebook

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

do lizardlips and ballsack have new jobs?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Nelson MandEULA posted:

do lizardlips and ballsack have new jobs?

yep

http://quantumvalleyinvestments.com/

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Cocoa Crispies posted:

itym device and pin

so many "MY BLACKBERRY BROKE MY NEW PIN IS 69420" from boca raton jewesses on facebook

what boca raton jewesses still have a blackberry instead of an iphone?

are you from some kind of 2006 time warp?

are you guys still really into that one gnarls barkley song?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mostly i see lawyers and lovely middle management fucks who still think it's 2006 and having a blackberry is a status symbol with them. everyone else has moved on

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

uninterrupted posted:

what boca raton jewesses still have a blackberry instead of an iphone?

are you from some kind of 2006 time warp?

are you guys still really into that one gnarls barkley song?

this was like 2010, and I never knew anyone that didn't work for the government to use blackberries before that

kinda crazy

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Cocoa Crispies posted:

this was like 2010, and I never knew anyone that didn't work for the government to use blackberries before that

kinda crazy

iirc this was riiiiiight before the availability of the cdma iPhone which finally crushed the last of the holdouts

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
there was a period around 2006-2008 when bbry was the accessory of choice for celebrities. qwerty keyboard + rly good messenger + decent hardware design (compared to poo poo like winphone treos and the motorola q) made it the thing to be seen holding or pecking away at. when paris hiltons phone got hacked, it was a blackberry. once the iphone hit 3gs and got some apps and wasnt only available on a single overloaded network that changed but at the peak of its powers bbry was a desirable fashion brand

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i thought that the sidekicks were the celebrity phone of 'choice'

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
anyone remember the razr

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
hello moto

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

what was the stupid round screen motorola that broke constantly

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

anyone remember the razr

i had one. it was a good phone

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

FMguru posted:

when paris hiltons phone got hacked, it was a blackberry.

sidekick, actually

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cocoa Crispies posted:

sidekick, actually
:negative:

i withdraw my previous statements

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yeah sidekicks were cool because they were texting machines with a full keyboard (and I think unlimited texts), and they also saved your pictures in the cloud.

then sidekick was acquired by Microsoft and all of the good people immediately left and formed a company called android

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

one DC that's routing traffic for BB worldwide.

oh gently caress indeed

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management posted:

yeah sidekicks were cool because they were texting machines with a full keyboard (and I think unlimited texts), and they also saved your pictures in the cloud.

then sidekick was acquired by Microsoft and all of the good people immediately left and formed a company called android
but the people who stayed behind were driven by superstar executive roz ho to build such amazing hardware as the microsoft kin 1 and microsoft kin 2

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the clown show of phones

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

roz ho lmao

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Roz "We're going to migrate the sidekicks to new backend storage and not have backups" Ho

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

roz "shut up i know what i'm doing, the backups won't be needed anyway" ho

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

roz "throw the storage vendor under the bus for our lack of planning" ho

etc.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FMguru posted:

but the people who stayed behind were driven by superstar executive roz ho to build such amazing hardware as the microsoft kin 1 and microsoft kin 2

you forget that before that they also managed to wipe out the sidekick cloud without having a backup, losing lots of user data.

Microsoft then made the sidekick people switch from FreeBSD and Java to windows CE for the kin, which is what made everyone leave.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol if you backup anything ever

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

prefect posted:

i had one. it was a good phone

dunno about that but the HSDPA ones were half decent for the time

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
Roz "conference call me midnight on top of kilimanjaro with a beta kin without signal" Ho

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

in a way i admire their devotion to the kitchener-waterloo area

but it's impossible not to laugh at this bullshit

quote:

Through Quantum Valley Investments Mike Lazaridis and Doug Fregin, founders of the “Smart Phone” industry, have been focusing on the commercialization of breakthrough technologies in Quantum Information Science. By doing so they are continuing to further their shared vision toward the development of the “Quantum Valley” in the Waterloo Region of Canada.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
after bbry starts with the mass layoffs k-w will go back to being a sleepy university town

only with lots of homeless software "engineers"

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

after bbry starts with the mass layoffs k-w will go back to being a sleepy university town

only with lots of homeless software "engineers"

any competent engineer who hasn't jumped that flaming, sinking ship gets what they deserve at this point

sucks for the incompetent ones though :(

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
eat the incompetent, streamline society.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Mike Lazaridis and Doug Fregin, founders of the “Smart Phone” industry

this is much funnier IMO.

goddamn hilarious actually.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
ROZ HO

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BlackBerry will pay iPhone users up to $600 to switch phones

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/blackberry-will-pay-iphone-users-up-to-600-to-switch-phones-1.2848915

quote:

BlackBerry is trying a new tactic to lure customers back — by paying them to switch phones.

The Waterloo, Ont.-based smartphone maker says it will pay iPhone users as much as $600 to switch to a BlackBerry Passport phone.

Canadian iPhone users with iPhone 4s or later makes are eligible for up to $400 in trade-in value, depending on the model of the iPhone, plus a $200 top-up from BlackBerry.

U.S. users are eligible for up to the same amount, plus a $150 US top-up. Users with the newest iPhone models, the 6 or 6 Plus, are eligible for the highest trade-in value, up to $400

Didn't they get mad for T-Mobile for doing this but the other way around?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

wonder what they'll do with all 5 of the iphones they get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Bonzo posted:

BlackBerry will pay iPhone users up to $600 to switch phones

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/blackberry-will-pay-iphone-users-up-to-600-to-switch-phones-1.2848915

Didn't they get mad for T-Mobile for doing this but the other way around?

what a profitable decision

• Locked thread