Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It seems like she definitely summons statues at least for one attack, as evidenced in this photo from the article PSN linked:

Oh yeah I can't wait to pound the poo poo out of enemies with a big-rear end golem.

Has there been any word on when the preorder skins will be publicly available? I just want the TP Zelda skin. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yes.

quote:

Hell Yes.

quote:

Hell.

loving.

quote:

YES!

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Are those... keyblades?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
In a very literal way.

...Why is it only now, seeing that picture, and thinking "Feel the power of Darkness!" does it hit me that he reminds me so much of Brahms? I can see him throwing out a Bloody Curse as much as anything else.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

Are those... keyblades?

Cool, it's the Twilight Princess armor but with his Hyrule Warrior's mullet, making it better. My club nintendo ganondorf costume is worthless now...

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The only missions I have left on the OG Adventure Map is in the top left corner of the map blocked off by Zant's Level 3 and Agitha's Level 3.

I'm just going to give up on those forever and start the Master Quest map until I can pump enough rupees into these sad shitstains they call playable characters that they break level 100 and come back to them.

I'll probably still fail though

because they suck

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This looks great. I have to rush to beat the other maps and get everything in Smash Brothers quickly, so that postman Link, Dominion Rod Zelda and Twili Midna can chill together.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Do you think they'll modify Cia's mission to use Trueform Midna?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Am I the only one who gets caught up in trying to figure out the stories behind the adventure maps?

Are they alternate timelines? Retelling the tale a bit differently? In the level where Ganondorf leads Ruto and Darunia agianst, Sheik and Zelda, is this a timeline where their alignments were switched?

Or are we going by Mario rules where everyone is actually just an actor playing a part and after they’re done Cia and Lana just go out for Gyro’s?

Yes I know the answer is that they're levels to play through and nothing more but that is a boring answer.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 21, 2014

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I really don't think there's a specific story. The thing that disappointed me was the fact that the Master Quest map was basically the same fight so any change is welcome to me

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

The only missions I have left on the OG Adventure Map is in the top left corner of the map blocked off by Zant's Level 3 and Agitha's Level 3.

I'm just going to give up on those forever and start the Master Quest map until I can pump enough rupees into these sad shitstains they call playable characters that they break level 100 and come back to them.

I'll probably still fail though

because they suck

I beat both those missions at lower than level 40

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Well then come over and beat them for me because both my Zant and Agitha are over Level 50 and I can't do it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't get into that little corner with the two remaining weapons (I still need to do Agitha's and the gate as well); there's one level in the top row where no matter what I do, as soon as I clear the first objective, the enemy base gets wrecked, either because it gets bombarded almost instantly by Manhandla bombs or because while I'm finding the Manhandla attacks, it gets stormed by the Moblins who were waiting for the first objective to clear before they stormed the base.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
When I picked up Smash at target this morning I was also able to grab a Link amiibo. They seemed to have a decent supply though I won't be surprised to see them gone within a day or two. It's hard to justify buying one if you would just use it with this game but if you're going to have a couple with some interaction it seems decent and the figure itself looks cool (though not amazing).

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

Well then come over and beat them for me because both my Zant and Agitha are over Level 50 and I can't do it.

Zant I don't think I beat until he was around 60, combined with a 5-star weapon and Vs Skyward. My main strategy was run forward and start fighting that group directly in front of you until the Manhandla stalks appear. If they're not all in the middle two enemy keeps, reset, because you waste too much time otherwise. Once they appear, jump down, and take the left middle keep, and then the right middle keep. Cycle back up to take out Fi, and by the time you finish the circle and reach Ganondorf, he should be in critical condition and you can heal him. Help thin out his herd, and then rush the enemy base and take out Ghirahim as fast as possible. It's rough, but it worked well for me.

And oh man, that DLC has me so excited you have no idea.

EDIT: Also, for Zant's weak point smashes, either use YX or a charged Strong Spin attack (XYYYYY). If you mash Y as soon as you hit X, you can actually cancel out of the little animation and start spinning almost instantly.

RocketDarkness fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 21, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

larchesdanrew posted:

Are those... keyblades?

oh my loving god, this is the greatest thing I have ever seen

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Greetings, when does this DLC come out. I wish to game.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Greetings, when does this DLC come out. I wish to game.

Next Thursday, the 27th.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Kaubocks posted:

I can't say it enough, just use Agitha's bug drop (YYX I think). She is the character I enjoy the least, but that move makes any mission she's in crazy easy. All the enemies get knocked around. You'll have to play a bit smarter with captains and bosses, but you can lure them into if you pay attention. Also note you can dodge cancel out of it right as it starts so you can chain them constantly.

Zant is a bit tougher. His big stomp is great for clearing keeps but really all he is good for is YY dodge YY dodge YY dodge ect. That was enough for me to beat all his stuff in the mid-50s.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RocketDarkness posted:

Zant I don't think I beat until he was around 60, combined with a 5-star weapon and Vs Skyward. My main strategy was run forward and start fighting that group directly in front of you until the Manhandla stalks appear. If they're not all in the middle two enemy keeps, reset, because you waste too much time otherwise. Once they appear, jump down, and take the left middle keep, and then the right middle keep. Cycle back up to take out Fi, and by the time you finish the circle and reach Ganondorf, he should be in critical condition and you can heal him. Help thin out his herd, and then rush the enemy base and take out Ghirahim as fast as possible. It's rough, but it worked well for me.

And oh man, that DLC has me so excited you have no idea.

EDIT: Also, for Zant's weak point smashes, either use YX or a charged Strong Spin attack (XYYYYY). If you mash Y as soon as you hit X, you can actually cancel out of the little animation and start spinning almost instantly.
drat. This has pretty much been my strategy the entire time. Didn't know about cancelling out the "go crazy" anim though. Guess I just need to level up and get faster.

Thanks for the tips.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

RocketDarkness posted:

Next Thursday, the 27th.

I am thankful for this

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, why do I have to wait a week for the Spinner? I have my Link Amiibo now and want to kickflip off of a Dondongo's face. :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm mad that the spinner is 15 dollar DLC.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

it's not DLC, it's a happy meal quality figure that will also let you do minor poo poo in other games too !!!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think amiibos are dumb as poo poo but if you're looking at them as singular pieces of DLC then you're wrong.

they're still stupid though

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I read a review where some guy said that he was able to train his Mario amiibo to reflect projectiles in Smash, but that he was unable to teach it to taunt every 5 seconds. What the gently caress is the point then?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

I think amiibos are dumb as poo poo but if you're looking at them as singular pieces of DLC then you're wrong.

they're still stupid though

If you're only intending to use the amiibo with Hyrule Warriors, it pretty much is 15 dollars to unlock one really cool weapon.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just don't buy it and go on with your life like it never existed in the first place. :)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fix posted:

Just don't buy it and go on with your life like it never existed in the first place. :)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm losing at the summoning gate level 3, I am losing at the early Master Quest levels. I wish instead of item drops and DLC weapons, the amiibos allowed for me to cheat!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

More pics!!!

Less angry Midna!

More Owl statues!

It'd be cool if you could summon those statues from Wind Waker that helped you in the Tower of the Gods.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I just came back to this thread after leaving off on page 60-something, and this is the first thing I see.

I'm so pleased. :allears:

BleiddWhitefalcon
Jul 30, 2014
:stonk:

Holy poo poo, the Gauntlets are loving good. They turned Link from 'good but kinda boring' to 'unkillable death god'.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

This is why i was willing to buy the game three times. On the sheer hope that one day I would see this picture right here. :worship:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This game is going to have more of Tall Midna than the original game did.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Smash and Pokemon just came out and all I can think about is the stupid HW dlc next week.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Nintendo is killin' it this Christmas season.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I bought the last two Link Amiibos from my local Wal-Mart. I wouldn't have gotten one for myself if it weren't for its use in this game plus the sorta neat functionality in Smash I guess. That Wal-Mart now only has Mario, Peach, and Pikachu left, too, so I guess they're selling pretty alright so far.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

mabels big day posted:

Yes.

Hell Yes.

Hell.

loving.

YES!

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does anybody have any advice on top row, 3rd column from the left? You have to B rank it to get into that last corner of four and I am pretty sure I could play this for the rest of my life and my base would still get taken. I just can't kill everything fast enough.

(Normal adventure mode map.)

• Locked thread