Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MrAristocrates posted:

Because the decision to pull the show was made after the decision to slash the budget, this isn't hard.

I guess it's not if you follow the production drama of every show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've never seen an episode of Korra but I know about all the production drama because they post about it all over the place so don't act like you don't know son.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

muscles like this? posted:

They renewed it for multiple seasons before it crashed and burned.

Really, it was already in the process of crashing and burning when Fox gave it a 2-season renewal (pretty sure its demo was hovering around 1.5 and had been slowly falling for two straight seasons).

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MrAristocrates posted:

Because the decision to pull the show was made after the decision to slash the budget, this isn't hard.
Also contracts aren't a real thing, being hired to produce 13 episodes doesn't matter if your budget gets slashed! :downs:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Toxxupation posted:

Serial comes out on Thursdays

Why do you keep bringing up Serial in the TV show thread? We have a subforum for podcasts.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Shatner is coming to Haven for a four episode arc:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/william-shatner-books-arc-syfys-751147

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Also contracts aren't a real thing, being hired to produce 13 episodes doesn't matter if your budget gets slashed! :downs:

Looks like we'll finally see the end of the Korra thread.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I forgot to mention that Glee Fridays is in the 9pm slot. They're giving it a lead-in from (working title) "World's Funniest Fails", a project from YouTube's FailArmy channel to air in the 8pm frame. That's right: Fox is hoping that a web-sourced crotch-shot compilation show that has yet to be officially named is going to give some shine to the sixth and final season of one of their longest-running original series.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

thrawn527 posted:

Why do you keep bringing up Serial in the TV show thread? We have a subforum for podcasts.

It's a pretty cool show and some people who like to watch tv also enjoy podcasts. It was relevant to Things to do on Thursday discussion.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I forgot to mention that Glee Fridays is in the 9pm slot. They're giving it a lead-in from (working title) "World's Funniest Fails", a project from YouTube's FailArmy channel to air in the 8pm frame. That's right: Fox is hoping that a web-sourced crotch-shot compilation show that has yet to be officially named is going to give some shine to the sixth and final season of one of their longest-running original series.

But will they be able to find someone as douchey as Daniel Tosh to host it?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The original Avatar was making fun of clipshows six years ago and it was one of the funniest episodes in the entire show's run, how the gently caress do you regress this badly.

The last air bender was always bad, it just took a spinoff for everyone to realize it

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toxxupation posted:

The last air bender was always bad, it just took a spinoff for everyone to realize it

Reminder that Occupation likes Last Man Standing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

Aren't you the guy who thought the show should have ended with a twelve year old killing someone?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Leave him alone. He had to watch every episode of Last Man Standing. I don't want to meet the man who's ok after that.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

IRQ posted:

Reminder that Occupation likes Last Man Standing.

In all fairness, LMS is the only sitcom brave enough to make Obama jokes.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Aren't you the guy who thought the show should have ended with a twelve year old killing someone?

Over the bullshit of aang finding a magical solution to all of his problems that let him win anyways? Or aang magically finding a solution where he could still get katara and become the avatar? Yes

The last air benders finale is worthless garbage that sells out it's own conceits just to give everyone an unearned happy ending despite it not making any logical sense

The best part of tla was aang having to wrestle with the moral ambiguities of murder and his mission, and giving him a magical ability to suck the powers out of the fire lord so he didn't have to kill anyone nor see the negative consequences of letting the fire lord live was some cheap bullshit

But I mean it was a bad anime so what do you expect I guess

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Over the bullshit of aang finding a magical solution to all of his problems that let him win anyways? Or aang magically finding a solution where he could still get katara and become the avatar? Yes

The last air benders finale is worthless garbage that sells out it's own conceits just to give everyone an unearned happy ending despite it not making any logical sense

The best part of tla was aang having to wrestle with the moral ambiguities of murder and his mission, and giving him a magical ability to suck the powers out of the fire lord so he didn't have to kill anyone nor see the negative consequences of letting the fire lord live was some cheap bullshit

It was a show for children. You can have a thoughtful show that also keeps the full sweep of adult life a little concealed because it's a step for ten-year-olds to take between other cartoons and actual drama. Just because it's capable of holding your attention doesn't mean it's for you or really even made with you in mind.

It's ok for there to be things meant for kids.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Just because it's made for kids doesn't excuse poor and haphazard writing that sells out the themes of the narrative you're trying to get across

Although I fundamentally agree, it's a bad kids anime and always was so it ending like a bad kids anime-to wit, aang learning how to dodge the moral ambiguities of his struggle with murdering another human being that had come to define his entire character in the final season in the finale via literal magic -is just expected because well, it's a bad kids anime

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 21, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
This is literally the first time I have ever heard that Korra is a spinoff of Airbender.

I guess that makes it slightly less sad that you are all discussing children's anime.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Does Korra or Avatar even air in Japan?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mu Zeta posted:

No its a Nickelodeon show

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

I think it's supposed to be one of those not-actually-anime animes or something?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's one of those things where some people get annoyed when others call it anime, annoyingly correct them that's it's not technically anime, and then the people who keep calling it anime are probably just stubborn dicks.

I've watched one episode of the show and I've seen that conversation played out on this forum too many times.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Studio Ghibli is anime.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Stop talking about animes in the TV subforum.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Listen to my podcast about anime

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

Listen to my podcast about anime

while playing Telltale adventure games

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

More like Telltale Interactive Novels am I right since the gameplay is terrible and controls are bad. Heh.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
All anime is terrible. I've never watched it but the internet told me it is. Now, let us argue passionately about various children's cartoons that we, as adults, are watching and critiquing as high art. It's okay though, they're western.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Netflix just saved .... http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/netflix-saves-unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-from-pre-cancellation-at-nbc

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Toxxupation posted:

Why am I agreeing with occupation :psyduck:

(also it was good apart from the ending. If they had to give aang a bullshit out to the dilemma they should have had him be worried about something else).

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Probably best for everybody. That show looks weird enough that it undoubtedly would have died a quick death on NBC, while Netflix seems to be content with how some of its more offbeat original programming is doing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please do not respond to anything posted by Toxxupation in this thread anymore. That's the new number one rule of the thread. It comes before all other rules.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I don't know why Sepinwall is trying to make this sound absolutely insane. Networks sometimes pick up shows that other networks pass on. Like, 3rd Rock from the Sun was originally a failed ABC pilot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

Please do not respond to anything posted by Toxxupation in this thread anymore. That's the new number one rule of the thread. It comes before all other rules.

Now we can talk about the BSG finale yesssssss

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Can we carry this rule over to his Doctor Who review thread?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

BSam posted:

Can we carry this rule over to his Doctor Who review thread?

Anyone who actually reads and/or participates in that thread deserves what they get.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

A better question is why is your twitter 90% #Gamergate news and bitching about Korra.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Irish Joe posted:

Anyone who actually reads and/or participates in that thread deserves what they get.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Now we can talk about the BSG finale yesssssss

Anyone wanna talk about how LOST ended?

• Locked thread