Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My only beef, as cool as it is, is how much space it takes up.

Also who is sourcing the local weather data?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Feenix posted:

My only beef, as cool as it is, is how much space it takes up.

Also who is sourcing the local weather data?

It's coming from Forecast.io

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

decypher posted:

I don't think it has been mentioned yet but Goodreader is on sale right now for .99c

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id777310222?mt=8
I'm only buying this because you guys have been raving about it for years and I still have $11 of credit. :colbert:

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

How can I stop the YouTube app from opening automatically opening YouTube links pasted into Safari?

madept
Oct 14, 2004
title...
I tried out Beweather 2 and I really like it. There are tons of options in the app and widget so you can show as much or little info as you want. You can also customize font, color, and icons.

It combines data from wunderground with a forecast of the next hour's rain from forecast.io.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I love the juxtaposition of "KU unseeded: football team. KU Seeded: men's basketball team."

On topic, Beweather 2 looks very tempting.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

madept posted:

I tried out Beweather 2 and I really like it. There are tons of options in the app and widget so you can show as much or little info as you want. You can also customize font, color, and icons.

It combines data from wunderground with a forecast of the next hour's rain from forecast.io.

To confirm, you are saying you can fully customize the widget? Or just the app stuff? This might be MY JAM!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Beweather 2 is worth it for getting the radar map in the widget, alone.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Monster!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The complete disregard of widget size by weather apps is the reason we didn't have widgets when Jobs was around.

(I just want a simple weekly forecast like old iOS, drat it)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The complete disregard of widget size by weather apps is the reason we didn't have widgets when Jobs was around.

(I just want a simple weekly forecast like old iOS, drat it)

Isn't that what homey is claiming BeWeather 2 does/allows? Or is total customization not affecting frame-size?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Feenix posted:

Isn't that what homey is claiming BeWeather 2 does/allows? Or is total customization not affecting frame-size?

The ability for large widgets ruins them for everyone, obviously.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kaizoku posted:

The ability for large widgets ruins them for everyone, obviously.

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding. You saying that since it *can* handle large widget sizes, it's always that size even if you minimize the data presented?

madept
Oct 14, 2004
title...

Feenix posted:

To confirm, you are saying you can fully customize the widget? Or just the app stuff? This might be MY JAM!

You can customize both. If you check out the widget screenshot on the app store you can see all 5 sections - current conditions, minutely forecast which is just what they call forecast.io data, hourly forecast, three day forecast, and text forecast. You can enable or disable any of those. My screenshot has hourly and text forecasts disabled. You can also change the widget theme(background color and text color), font, icons, margin, and you can customize what info is shown on the two lines below "overcast" in my photo.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Roobsa posted:

How can I stop the YouTube app from opening automatically opening YouTube links pasted into Safari?
Delete the YouTube app, or some trick with app restrictions but it was annoying iirc.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Feenix posted:

Yeah, it has a separate settings section for the widget. Here is mine, a little smaller than the other one posted:

If all you wanted was a text forecast, you can do that too:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Finally, the weather widget all goons have been demanding.

We don't have to talk about weather anymore, right? :v:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Depends. Can it show Pressure, too?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Still looks like poo poo, will still declare myself King of weather widget design.

Actually emailed the guy that was supposed to launch mine today, no response yet :(

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
No native Pad version, yet. So close, BeWeather, so close...

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Monster before plebian! Precipitation radar supremacy.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I kind of wish "Weather Widget" was word filtered into "donkey butthole monkey fuckers, rear end poo poo piss" or something.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I kind of wish "Weather Widget" was word filtered into "donkey butthole monkey fuckers, rear end poo poo piss" or something.

That's a weird thing to wish for.

I'd wish for a million dollars and a chin like an action hero.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Feenix posted:

That's a weird thing to wish for.

I'd wish for a million dollars and a chin like an action hero.

Id wish for you to post a whole lot less.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Suqit posted:

Id wish for you to post a whole lot less.

Also an absolutely ridiculously wasteful wish.

Got BeWeather 2. Loving the widget.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Not sure if it's any good but Things is free, both iPhone and iPad versions: http://appshopper.com/productivity/things

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 22, 2014

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So how is the iOS version of Google Play Books?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Does the Yahoo Weather widget constantly crash for anyone else?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah it acts weird for me. I think my location is only semi-supported for weather data (I don't get the current conditions other than temperature) and the Flickr photo is just a stock default one rather than a local one so I figured it was all related to that.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I like the look of this new weather app just not sure if i'm ready to pull the trigger yet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pissflaps posted:

I like the look of this new weather app just not sure if i'm ready to pull the trigger yet.

I've found it to exactly match my exact-location weather for Weather Underground. So it's very accurate, (IMO).

It also can be very big or very small depending on how much you want shown. Also in terms of Widget background color, text color, icon themes, there are like, what feels like hundreds...

It's very cool.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Feenix posted:

I've found it to exactly match my exact-location weather for Weather Underground. So it's very accurate, (IMO).
That's not surprising since...

CygnusTM posted:

BeWeather. [...] Uses Weather Underground data.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
But did you remember to pick up that battery on your way home?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Josh Lyman posted:

It didn't start doing that for me until a couple days ago but now, yeah, it's consistently saying "Unable to load" or just displaying blank space. I don't know what did it. Did an iOS update break it? Or an update to the app itself?

I'm gonna jump ship for BeWeather one day soon because that looks nice and I was never like a massive fan of the Yahoo widget anyway, it was just better looking than all the alternatives.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

CygnusTM posted:

That's not surprising since...

Oh no, I know. I'm not surprised by that fact. I should have been more clear that all I meant was, it was working well and I found no oddities or discrepancies. :D

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah, it has been not loading for me the last few days.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

What's the fisher price app for podcasts? My mom is stuck on 6.1.6 and can't use the stock apple app. I'd like the simplest and most fool-proof method for her to start listening to podcasts.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Overcast free version is pretty good for someone who casually listens to podcasts.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

maduin posted:

Overcast free version is pretty good for someone who casually listens to podcasts.

Requires 8.0 it seems, which makes sense because it's not that old of an app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

maduin posted:

also if you listen to podcasts a good amount, the $5 upgrade on overcast is a STEAL. Smart Speed has currently saved me an additional 43+ hours since overcast's release.