Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

Proud To Be A Roguelike Gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

when are they going to make a roguelike that surpasses the age old classic Castle of the Winds?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Dexters Secret posted:

I just want the TOME4 guy(s?) to dedicate a patch solely to working on the classes, and then another patch to work on the boss monsters.

some of that is in the next patch. wyrmic, paradox mage, temporal warden. i added some reaver stuff too. bosses though? lol good luck with that

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

i wish they would dedicate a patch to making the game interesting

teh game is def interesting, just not if youve already played the beginning a bunch

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SeXReX posted:

Who gets angrier, RL players when you call rogue legacy a RL or smash players when you call it a party game?

Smash is a party game though. That has nothing to do with its quality so idk why the gently caress people care so much

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SeXReX posted:

Who gets angrier, RL players when you call rogue legacy a RL or smash players when you call it a party game?

Do not mention Rogue Legacy in this thread. Final Warning.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
is Smash Run Mode a roguelike? important please respond quickly

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mach2 posted:

is Smash Run Mode a roguelike? important please respond quickly

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

thank you this helps

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Mach2 posted:

thank you this helps

do not post in this thread

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

I just want the TOME4 guy(s?) to dedicate a patch solely to working on the classes, and then another patch to work on the boss monsters.

It would be chill if they released a patch where all the devs were lined up against a wall and gamers could take turns throwing rocks at them, shooting them with pistols and machine guns, and kicking them in the teeth until they're fully atoned for TOME4.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Pewdiepie posted:

It would be chill if they released a patch where all the devs were lined up against a wall and gamers could take turns throwing rocks at them, shooting them with pistols and machine guns, and kicking them in the teeth until they're fully atoned for TOME4.

It's just one guy, darkg0d.

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

teh game is def interesting, just not if youve already played the beginning a bunch

yeah i guess if you havent figured out that nothing is really threatening except the occasional unique or boss who will kick your teeth in then it might be

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

crawl took me a lot more than 50 hours to beat but im a big retard

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Whens the next crawl tourney?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

#Broarmy is taking it to the house in 2014.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

01011001 posted:

yeah i guess if you havent figured out that nothing is really threatening except the occasional unique or boss who will kick your teeth in then it might be

It's sad cause the gameplay would actually be good and fun if the enemies were ya know balanced at all

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Pewdiepie posted:

Whens the next crawl tourney?

It's months away but we should have an imp zone team imo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thug Lessons posted:

I'm in

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

does okawaru not take sacrifices anymore?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

I'm in.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Thug Lessons posted:

This is the official team http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.14/clans/assman.html

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Parallax Scroll posted:

does okawaru not take sacrifices anymore?

nope

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

this doesnt say imp zone at all

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I have been playing Pixel Dungeon on my android and while it is fairly barebones, it is free, quick, and I can play it while pooping. 7/10

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

I mean it's a shame that nothing except the bosses are possibly threatening (and when the bosses are not easy, they will kill you) except the crystal cave at level <5

rip

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Does FTL count as a roguelike? I like that a lot despite having only beaten it twice.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Does FTL count as a roguelike? I like that a lot despite having only beaten it twice.

it doesnt count

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
drat

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It counts

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
Whoever has beaten it the most times gets to decide if it is roguelike.I know it is not me as I have not beaten it two times, or any times.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

what's the general consensus on IVAN / IVANX

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol this floor has eustachio, grinder, sigmund, and natasha

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

what's the general consensus on IVAN / IVANX

it's fun to dick around in, knowing that you can't win and the 'better' you do (items/luck) the more the game starts to tip the scale against you. it's ui is good, though and it has some cool concepts. i've never played ivanx and i havent played ivan in probably 4 years so take this with a grain of sand

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
I lived and breathed and fanfictioned about ADOM. It is good. #f@f..

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
ive beaten nethack but ive never beaten doomRL because im a big retard

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

I am Otis posted:

it's fun to dick around in, knowing that you can't win and the 'better' you do (items/luck) the more the game starts to tip the scale against you. it's ui is good, though and it has some cool concepts. i've never played ivanx and i havent played ivan in probably 4 years so take this with a grain of sand

if you cant win why would you even play it?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
can I play pokemon mystery dungeon? that was pretty good. i only played the original were there sequels?

Dec 26, 2012

Swelter Discharge posted:

ive never played ivan/x but maybe high scores?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I had never played Sil before today but now I have, and it is pretty great

Swelter Discharge posted:

Most people don't consider finishing a game to be the only way to wrench enjoyment from it.

• Locked thread