Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

You mean to say "the most talent" right? :ohdear: They took a ~5 year or so hiatus and a couple years ago got together and put out a new album. A lot more grown up. I have followed Ace Enders music career for over a decade now (what the hell Father Time, you are making me feel old). He has done a lot with two different side projects and does a fair amount of producing/writing for other bands. Basically T.E.N. gets together to jam when they can, but it is not their main thing they do anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Viggen posted:

I really felt loving ancient when the oldies station played "Learning to Fly" on the radio today. Yeah, OTA bitches!

That album's about 2 months younger than I am, old man :v:

(wait, are you talking about the Pink Floyd song, or the Tom Petty one?)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
God drat. I was gonna go make a FundAnything account for 13", but they charge 9% up front, and you get 4% back when you hit your target. Also the "payment processors" charge 3%. What a ripoff.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 204 days!)

Pham Nuwen posted:

That album's about 2 months younger than I am, old man :v:

(wait, are you talking about the Pink Floyd song, or the Tom Petty one?)

Foo Fighters. Now who's old?

Adiabatic posted:

God drat. I was gonna go make a FundAnything account for 13", but they charge 9% up front, and you get 4% back when you hit your target. Also the "payment processors" charge 3%. What a ripoff.

Those first two are extended rape. The third is standard.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I cant stress this enough i already feel like a fuckin child for having my dad waste money to come up here because im a big loving cry baby who cant even tie his shoes right now I dont need people donating to get me stuff that I didnt work for and earn myself. I dont need people taking care of me except to lend an ear when it gets to be too much

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I cant stress this enough i already feel like a fuckin child for having my dad waste money to come up here because im a big loving cry baby who cant even tie his shoes right now I dont need people donating to get me stuff that I didnt work for and earn myself. I dont need people taking care of me except to lend an ear when it gets to be too much

Stop being so loving proud and feel good that anonymous internet people care about your well-being want to keep you alive for their amusement. If you do end up with an airbed, GET A MATTRESS PAD. Otherwise, you will find aches in muscles and joints you never knew existed.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 21, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Powershift posted:

Hey, kastein.

Say you wanted to slam a unimog, lay it right in the weeds. Is there any mechanical reason why you couldn't just flip the portal axles upside down and run the engine in the opposite direction like an old 2 stroke detroit.

Well the kingpin axis of inclination would likely gently caress up your camber and steering angles, for one. Might also run into lubrication issues depending on how the differential oiling system is designed, some of them rely on a certain direction of rotation and gravitational vector to get oil where it needs to be. Also your diff might interfere with the ground.

Cakefool posted:

Rotate the portals about the axle, done.

This guy's got a better idea. On the front, just make sure the portals can be flipped without loving up the KPAI like I said before. If they're a separate housing bolted onto the outer knuckles you could probably pull it off simply by clocking the mounting bolt pattern 180 degrees.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You mean to say "the most talent" right? :ohdear:

Nope. Rx Bandits had and still have the most talent of any DTR alumni.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Viggen posted:

Stop being so loving proud and feel good that anonymous internet people care about your well-being want to keep you alive for their amusement. If you do end up with an airbed, GET A MATTRESS PAD. Otherwise, you will find aches in muscles and joints you never knew existed.

Like many canned replies, its complicated. I hate feeling like i need people to take care of me.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Like many canned replies, its complicated. I hate feeling like i need people to take care of me.

There is a difference between 'taking care of' and 'want to help'. A ton of that is ego, but, yeah, trust is in there, too. If people want to offer their assistance to help you get to a better place, there is nothing wrong with that. If they want to throw money at you- make sure the G-string has been laundered.

If it makes you feel any better, all I've been given are custom titles and ignore list updates. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone that simply has to feel like they need to set anything up just run it past IOC first and I'll give you my paypal or something if itll make you feel better.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

A great way out of the "I need some external fuckupery so my internal fuckupery is justified" is a small group of trustworthy people you can bounce poo poo off of, and can rely on when you seriously need it. Right now's a great time for that. Your last name won't suddenly change to Kardashian just because you slightly angered Ayn Rand's corpse.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

a small group of trustworthy people

I don't believe such a thing exists.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

kastein posted:

(seriously why would you ever post that picture :roflolmao:)

Because it was funny :haw:.

Just be glad it wasn't CSB posting a pic, it'd have been much more horrifying. :gonk:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

HotCanadianChick; your abdominal shot would have been forgiven if there were gentleman jorts worn. Everyone should know this by now.

I don't own any jorts and my wife would likely divorce me if I bought any. :colbert:

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 22, 2014

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

meatpimp posted:

It sure as poo poo doesn't in Ohio.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Adiabatic posted:

Your last name won't suddenly change to Kardashian just because you slightly angered Ayn Rand's corpse.

But you gave him something, so as a PUA/SJW would be justified in rape, right?

meatpimp posted:

I'd love to see how you did on a recent personality test. Would the paper crumple itself up, or become fingercuffs? trustworthy internet people, however.. :agreed:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

It sure as poo poo doesn't in Ohio.

Hey now, I... uh... hmmm.... :smith:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

HotCanadianChick posted:

I don't own any jorts and my wife would likely divorce me if I bought any. :colbert:

You don't buy jorts, you make them. Preferably while wearing them.

13, the only reason I squeaked by and am where I am today is that Fart Pipe basically forced me to accept $100 more in payment for some welding I did for him than I wanted to. I had literally $1.57 left in my bank account when my first paycheck at the new job landed, and I'd already raided the spare change pile of everything except the pennies. Everyone needs a hand up once in a while, whether it be financial or emotional.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have an inflatable queen mattress that I think has a hole in it

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

CharlesM posted:

I have an inflatable queen mattress that I think has a hole in it

Right up 13"'s alley. Twice over.

I'll buy the leopard print duct tape.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
So... on top of my "keep my focus of the cancer/Lancia" project list is now a bimoto 4WD Volvo 850 estate. I have even been tinkering with the rear engine installation mockups in solidworks the last three hours...

for more realistic purposes, i have narrowed down to my next project/tinkercar to be either volvo or mercedes since i can get the parts very cheap from work...

How much of an idiot am i if i end up having an old G-wagon as a DD, a bimoto 850 as a project and my Integrale as a track car/ongoing car fire?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

fjelltorsk posted:

a bimoto 4WD Volvo 850 estate

That's the answer to beating cancer that THEY don't want you to know.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
As long as its a G55 AMG baller wagon its cool.

I don't know much though about G Wagon other than the new ones are less reliable than a Land Rover (is that possible?) and isn't nearly as capable in the dirt.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

meatpimp posted:

That's the answer to beating cancer that THEY don't want you to know.

"This one strange trick will keep your wallet from getting fat."

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

fjelltorsk posted:

How much of an idiot am i if i end up having an old G-wagon as a DD, a bimoto 850 as a project and my Integrale as a track car/ongoing car fire?
Our kind of idiot. DO IT

Bought one of those Amazon Fire TV Stick things when they were having the promotion or whatever. It arrived today...drat thing won't hold an internet connection and when it does it's slow as hell. WTF nothing else in my house has issues with wifi but this stupid thing can't even play a full song on pandora without dropping connection.

Possible new car day tomorrow and I'm taking the M3 out to play. It's going to be a good day.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just checked my finances as far as keeping a roof for december and yeah anyone who wanted to help can use tyranid05@hotmail.com through paypal should they feel the desire. I cant be too proud right now. Ill pull this down i mods get upset.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Which goon is this,
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cas/4769760484.html

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

It looks like a Hipster STR. :tinfoil:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Viggen posted:

It looks like a Hipster STR. :tinfoil:

Hahah glad I'm not the only one that had that thought.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
God damnit. I just watched a couple of you tube videos of Fiat Dino's. That engine... its intoxicating.

Which is worse, British craftsmanship or Italian flair. (electrics on fire vs the car just catching fire)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

goatse guy posted:

Nope. Rx Bandits had and still have the most talent of any DTR alumni.

I liked you more when you were posting your tinder misadventures rather than skewing my whole life's judgement :sigh:

HotCanadianChick posted:

Because it was funny :haw:.

Just be glad it wasn't CSB posting a pic, it'd have been much more horrifying. :gonk:

Bwhahaha. That av/title :golfclap:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
ahhhh somebody help me with the mirros on my w202 please haha

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Huge thanks to CS, i dont recognise you from facebook or I'd have just pmed you. Incredibly grateful.

Just don't know how to sound excited when im so depressed but I mean it thank you.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

HotCanadianChick isn't a hot canadian chick and goatse guy isn't even a guy

what the HELL people

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I'm not really sure what to think of something I did today, so I'm just going to say what comes to mind;

I had the day off (hooray!) today, which I spent mostly doing domestic type stuff; laundry, groceries, errands and whatnot. Anyhow, I made a stop by my local bookstore to grab a coffee and browse around for books/magazines. I was just minding my own business in the car magazine section, along with older man, probably in his early to mid 60s, when his wife showed up and he immediately just started to berate her, right in the middle of the store. He was going on, chapter and verse, about how she was late (by 15 minutes) and how she was a gently caress-up for being late and how it ruined his plans for the rest of his day. I looked over to see just what the hell was going on and looking at the poor woman, you could tell from her body language that not only this sort of thing had happened before, but she had steeled herself for her husband's coming outburst.

I wasn't going to say anything at first, but when I saw that poor woman's face, something clicked in my head. I walked up behind the guy and tapped him on his shoulder, and in a not very polite manner, then I said to him in a voice loud enough that pretty much everyone in earshot turned to the scene I had just created, "hey pal, I don't know how you think that talking to anyone like that is appropriate, but I suggest you stop." The little old gently caress (he was easily six or eight inches shorter than I am) turned to me and told me to mind my own business and that he can talk to his wife however he wants. At this point I snapped at him, "maybe not, but you have no business being an abusive piece of poo poo to anyone, much less your wife." At this point, I took a handful of change out of my pocket, threw it on the floor and said, "if being late is such a big deal to you, here's some change for you to take the bus home, you rear end in a top hat!", then I turned and walked away.

I don't know; maybe I was too much of an rear end in a top hat toward the guy...I certainly hope he didn't take it out on his wife later on. But at the same time that I feel bad about it, I hope that in some way that guy's poor wife saw that she doesn't have to put up with that kind of reprehensible behaviour, and I still think I did the right thing at the end of the day. Plus, the last few days have been pretty frustrating for me; as awful as it sounds, it kind of felt good to take it out on something.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I feel like that didn't happen, but if it did you either made a small child happy or you pissed off a closing employee.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Previa_fun posted:

what the HELL people

I am neither Tom Baker nor a Green Lantern villain. :ssh:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's cool. Anytime I encounter something I like I only think of something witty to say long after.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Previa_fun posted:

what the HELL people

Only half of my name is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

I'm not really sure what to think of something I did today, so I'm just going to say what comes to mind;

Eh, I deal with that kind of poo poo on a weekly basis because of my job. I have no problem telling abusive assholes to check themselves and threaten police action if they don't knock it off. Lots of times I do get the police involved and they end up going to jail because assholes like that usually can't keep their dumb mouth shut, even with the cops right in front of them. Serves them right, and I'm happy to help them out the door.

• Locked thread