Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Prester John posted:

I should have explained a bit more in detail here. "Monarch" is the supposed codename for a subdivision of the MK-ULTRA mind control program. I think Conspiracy Wiki sums it up best here.

So what had me freaked out was the possibility that I would be kidnapped, then tortured in such an indescribable fashion as to completely lose touch with reality, and then have false personalities implanted within me that could be triggered at any time without my knowledge. I knew that although Monarch was primarily designed to be used on children exceptions were made for anyone with latent psychic potential, and I also knew that my powers in the wrong hands would make me a very useful disposable assassin. I was terrified both of being tortured and of losing any sense of control over my life. (I was terrified these things would happen because of my budding and ill controlled psychic powers.) I can remember years before I sought out treatment joking with some of my fellow "psychic" friends about "One minute your telling a doctor all about the stress of trying to control these powers, and the next minute you are reading Catcher in the Rye and assassinating John Lennon".

Ah, sorry bout the confusion. :ohdear:

BBJoey posted:

Your gimmick is bad.

I dunno, I always trust people with pony avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've been thinking about the question of whether AddMeOnFacebook is a talented troll or legit. I can't really tell, but I lean about 80% towards him being semi-legit. Let me tell a little story that may or may not shed some light on this situation, because a few years back people on this very forum were having the exact same conversation about me, for much the same reasons. I was a Conspiracy Theorist trying to steer the board towards the "truth", but not in a (so I thought) blatantly obvious way.

I haven't admitted this before, but what the hell, why not? Prester John is not my first user name on SA. I had an earlier account by the name of Truckin A Man. That account started out with an extremely popular thread about being an OTR Truck Driver, (possibly one of the first very popular threads about truck driving on SA), and ended with a banning after I skipped out on a bunch of bets related to my :swoon: over Ron Paul, to say nothing of the helldumping I (frankly quite rightfully) received. (Yeah, there are gonna be a bunch of embarrassing confessions here.) This was circa 2007 or so, just before LF was created and around when Toberlone Triangular (PBUH) and Paradol Rex were roaming the boards freely. I mention those two in particular because if a poll for the three worst crazypants posters had been taken at the time, I might have scored third behind those two.

You see that although everything in my thread about truck driving was genuine and true, I had an ulterior motive for starting that account. My paranoid mind had identified SA as the most influential board on the internet, and I felt that if the truth could be brought to this board I could spread it through the rest of the internet. But first I needed a popular persona. So I created Truckin A Man and poured my heart and soul into writing that thread about truck driving. (I intentionally mentioned nothing at the time of being a hardcore conspiracy theorist.) It worked better than I expected at first, the thread was a hit.

**Now, I do want to mention here that the thread itself (I believe it was titled "Ask Me about all the dirty little secrets of the Trucking Industry) was written honestly and proved to be massively cathartic for me. (Probably why I later wrote my threads about Cedar Point and more Recently A.C.E.) I didn't lie about anything or exaggerate anything, but I did have a planned agenda in case the thread got popular. (Please don't shoot me guys.)

So when the thread got popular my next tack was to join in other threads every so often and try and tack them towards 9-11 truth and general conspiracy topics. Despite how clever I thought I was being though, you sheeple just wouldn't bite. So I started to change tack to posting :arzy: threads about the US turning into a police state. I rapidly earned the ire of D&D and a flood of (I believe mod imposed because they seldom lasted longer than a day or two) red titles soon followed. This also did not work so I began to become more strident and aggressive. Then the whole Pr0n Haul thing started, and I become convinced that Ron Paul was going to be the next President. (On this one I actually had a vision, I was told that RP would sweep the nation and strike a blow against the Illuminati.)

So I started to dive into LF to defend the good doctor as best I could. This also did not work out at all (you fuckin sheeple) so I started experimenting with posting threads in other parts of SA that dealt with Conspiracy Topics. This resulted in a rapid series of lengthy probations (some as long as a month IIRC), as it seemed the rest of SA had little patience for my bullshit. So I cut that poo poo out rather fast and just focused on D&D and LF. Since I knew for a fact that Ron Paul was going to win, I decided to profit off you saps and started placing wagers about Ron Pauls performance in the Republican Primaries.

Eventually I had a particularly delusional episode and I sort of snapped and started to allude to what I was doing. During this period I posted several things that were essentially "pre gloating" about Ron Pauls impending victory. (Something along the lines of "Ron Paul is going to sweep the nation and I will laugh at you all as your precious arrogant ignoprance is ripped away from you by the tideswell of American Patriotism. You will have all your petty notions about the world swept aside as the Good Doctor ends the Federal Reserve and launches a real investigation into 9-11") This pissed off enough Goons that a helldump was called. A ton of my poo poo was dug up and thrown at me, which I tried to deftly (and completely unsuccesfully) run damage control on. Eventually though I had to admit that I had lost against the helldump, and then Ron Paul performed miserably in a few key primaries and it was me watching my petty notions about the world being ripped away by reality. According to the terms of my wagers I was then banned and Truckin A Man- hosed off to not be heard from again. (Although I lurked, seething, for many months afterwards.)

Does this story relate to AddMeOnFacebook? I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually way deeper into lala-land than he admits to, and is really looking for a chance to steer the conversation here towards "truth" in what he feels is a manner more palatable to Goons than your run of the mill 9-11 truther. I say that becasue I did the exact same poo poo and a great deal of his recent posts remind me of waht I was doing back then. Perhaps this is just a crazy man projecting himself onto others, or perhaps I have a nose for recognizing my own. I can't say for certain myself, but I do hope you all found my little confession here interesting.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 22, 2014

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That's all incredibly fascinating. I'm really bowled over at how you were really pretty rational at the same time that you were also delusional. It reminds me of how when I was a kid our neighbor was arrested for going after another neighbor with an axe because he believed that other neighbor was an evil wizard who could only be killed by this dinky hardware-store axe. He had been planning it for a long time, but was totally normal and friendly with everybody else, still going to work and mowing the lawn. There was just this one doozy of a specific thing going wrong with him that whole time.

I never found out what was wrong with the dude to make him that way. My parents talked about it being drugs, but I don't know if they knew anything or were just speculating.

Did you have steady employment that whole time? I know you've posted about being homeless and getting back on your feet (your thread about schooling was really great, and I'm really glad you're doing ok). Do you think somebody in the grip of delusions could work a steady 9-5 or still be at all normal about anything?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Jack Gladney posted:

Did you have steady employment that whole time?

I was just starting my stint at Cedar Point at the time, which was seasonal, so not really. Truth be told my work history is pretty drat spotty at best. That said at that particular time I was able to somewhat hold employment, but the end of my truck driving career was really brought about by the emergence of a more severe strain of my symptoms than had existed prior. So i was on a downhill trajectory at the time. For most of the time I was actively posting I was unemployed and living off my meager savings while waiting for the next season to start at Cedar Point.

Jack Gladney posted:

Do you think somebody in the grip of delusions could work a steady 9-5 or still be at all normal about anything?

Hard to say for certain really, all I can do is comment on my own experiences. I've had delusions of one form or another for pretty much my entire life starting about the age of 14 or so, and I always found it really loving hard to hold down a job. (I was actually generally very punctual and good at my job, the stress just usually built up in me till one day I would jsut snap and quit in a huff.) I only ever had one actual 9-5 and I lasted three weeks at that job, I found the regular hours insufferable. So while I suppose it might be possible for a person in the grip of delusions to hold down a 9-5 job, my personal experience is that the stress of pretending everything is okay builds and builds and builds until one day you snap and do something loving baffling. How long that might take in a given person is probably impossible to say.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Prester John posted:

I've been thinking about the question of whether AddMeOnFacebook is a talented troll or legit. I can't really tell, but I lean about 80% towards him being semi-legit.

I'm still like 20% sure you're in the CIA.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Come on, post your 9/11 logic tree already. Show me the truth!

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

AddMEonFacebook posted:

If I am I must have some incredible loving foresight. I mean I purposefully set up a well known account, posted a bunch of Conspiracy poo poo, got banned in a blaze of psychosis, and then sat on that for 7 years, only to reveal it as a way to personally discredit you in a conversation where people were in no danger of coming over to your side of the argument.

Edit: My helldump thread also included real life pictures of me that were taken by my Cedar Point boss (also a Goon) while I was drunk at a company event. So I must have also been willing to work 6 months as a roller coaster ride attendant in order to bolster my cover.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 22, 2014

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I, too, would like to see the 9/11 Truth Tree.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Prester John posted:

If I am I must have some incredible loving foresight. I mean I purposefully set up a well known account, posted a bunch of Conspiracy poo poo, got banned in a blaze of psychosis, and then sat on that for 7 years, only to reveal it as a way to personally discredit you in a conversation where people were in no danger of coming over to your side of the argument.

Edit: My helldump thread also included real life pictures of me that were taken by my Cedar Point boss (also a Goon) while I was drunk at a company event. So I must have also been willing to work 6 months as a roller coaster ride attendant in order to bolster my cover.

Okay okay, I believe you. That doesn't mean they don't post on SA, though.

Can you link that thread for us all?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don't have archives and I think helldump has been memory holed (not sure though, probably a way to pull it up still that I don't know about.) however I *THINK this is my original thread about trucking. (Can't see for certain, but this is a link I got from elsewhere on SA.) Here you go.

And if you scroll to the bottom of this page you can read a summary of my asinine bets. Enjoy.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Can you link that thread for us all?

Post the tree. We must see your logic tree.

Prester John posted:

I remember that thread. What was your favorite ride at Cedar Point? I always liked the Gemini, because there were no lines.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I remember that thread. What was your favorite ride at Cedar Point? I always liked the Gemini, because there were no lines.

Millennium Force all the way baby. Being an employee I had ways of being very near the front of line when the park opened.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 22, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Prester John posted:

Millennium Force all the way baby. Being an employee I had ways of being very near the front of line when the park opened.

rear end in a top hat. I only ever rode it once because the lines were always like 3 hours deep. gently caress that.

I hope they still have that incredible arcade that just has a bunch of 50's and 60's era mechanical arcade games shoved wayyyy in the back. That was the best place to get high.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

rear end in a top hat. I only ever rode it once because the lines were always like 3 hours deep. gently caress that.

I hope they still have that incredible arcade that just has a bunch of 50's and 60's era mechanical arcade games shoved wayyyy in the back. That was the best place to get high.

I dunno. Havne't set foot in CP since March of 2012. Parks gone to poo poo from what I hear though, the new management has managed to make things even more hosed up. The "Screamsters" program (haunted houses and the like during halloweekends) has been especially hard hit and is now basically worthless. A shitload of their most experienced monsters quit this year in protest. They actually got so desperate for experienced monsters that despite the fact that I am waaaaaaaaay loving blacklisted at CP (Tried to unionize and that went over about as well as you would expect) and especially loving blacklisted with the Screamsters program they tracked me down over facebook and asked if I would be willing to come work there back in September.

But the arcade is probably safe. Those old arcade machines were the most profitable part of the arcade despite the fact that there was an entire department of people whose main job was to keep all that old poo poo running. (But real pro's get high on the Skyride, the CP police station is probably 40 feet away from that section of the arcade and cops cut through it all the time.)

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 22, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I am a CIA agent and literally out to get you. You're sufficiently close to uncovering me that I won't just make you poor, I'll make sure you go behind bars. Prepare your anus, citizen.

Seriously though, the idea that :tinfoil:~THEY~:tinfoil: (the CIA, reptilians, Bilderbergers, the Rothschilds, ...) are simultaneously running an entire shadow country behind the actual country yet somehow incompetent enough to let everything go to poo poo as it does is really loving stupid and people need to accept that poo poo Happens(tm) and that our brains are pattern matching machines that develop an embarassing false positive rate if we let them. Again, the realisation that poo poo happens for no good reason and isn't about yourself is fundamental to understanding the world.

zeal posted:

I, too, would like to see the 9/11 Truth Tree.

Oh yeah that too, I need some quality entertainment right now to show to my buddies next time I'm at the HQ :ssh:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 22, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

QuarkJets posted:

Come on, post your 9/11 logic tree already. Show me the truth!

Pretty sure that's it.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hm, hastily scribbled meaningless gibberish. I guess you put as much effort into this as you do into your posts.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
IT's pretty garbage handwritting, I admit. I just have bad handwriting, but it's far from meaningless. In fact it shows exactly the flaw in the logic of people who believe the official story.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
That's the logic truth tree people have been clamoring for, too. Stop trolling me please Popular Thug Drink.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Yeah, it's all right there. "BS-Official story" How much more can he spell it out?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Under the vegetable posted:

Yeah, it's all right there. "BS-Official story" How much more can he spell it out?

Haha, that was just a coincidence! I used Q R S just as variables. The other letters are statements like it starts out with the literal that there was no plane, then so either there was a bomb or it collapsed.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I like how it's carefully positioned over math textbook so that we know he is a smart.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Forgall posted:

I like how it's carefully positioned over math textbook so that we know he is a smart.

Ya, that was intentional and not a coincidence at all.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Haha, that was just a coincidence!

Is being a brony human being just a coincidence too or does that have some underlying meaning?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
OK now do a truth tree about the validity of truth trees. Also which temperature steaks are best cooked at, an eternal question.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Thanks for the completely pointless and mean-spirit post, douche-lord Alex Delarge!

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Thanks for the completely pointless and mean-spirit post, douche-lord Alex Delarge!

You think I'm being mean spirited, but it's really just an honest question. Sorry you got confused, maybe just how people think you're a lovely troll! Whoops!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Using my statistically abnormal intelligence, I wrote a python executable that PROVES jet fuel isn't hot enough to melt ste-

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So where do the Jews fit on the tree.

I mean I know we're hanging from ropes, but what's the cover story

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's a really simple tree, it's just about building 7. I didn't want to try to make it too complex.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Alex DeLarge posted:

You think I'm being mean spirited, but it's really just an honest question. Sorry you got confused, maybe just how people think you're a lovely troll! Whoops!

You're the lovely troll. People here know that I'm trying to get them to think for themselves, and not be bullied by cowards like YOU!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's a really simple tree, it's just about building 7. I didn't want to try to make it too complex.

Yeah, you didn't account for global Zionism. How do your CIA paychecks feel in your pocket, rear end in a top hat

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Look I'm willing to admit ya got us, just show your work a bit more.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569772&userid=29564

Seriously, who are you coming into this thread just to troll? You've not contributed anything. If there were good mods, you'd get a probation.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

AddMEonFacebook posted:

You're the lovely troll. People here know that I'm trying to get them to think for themselves, and not be bullied by cowards like YOU!

:mrwhite:

You're gonna have to get thicker skin if expect to expose the government, little brony.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Alex DeLarge posted:

:mrwhite:

You're gonna have to get thicker skin if expect to expose the government, little brony.

I got the thickest there is, douche-lord. Get the hell out. You clearly have nothing clever to say to even insult me. You're just embarrasing yourself.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I miss the old days when this thread was interesting.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

AddMEonFacebook posted:

IT's pretty garbage handwritting, I admit. I just have bad handwriting, but it's far from meaningless. In fact it shows exactly the flaw in the logic of people who believe the official story.

...no it doesn't, because you haven't bothered to define any of your variables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Yeah there's really no internet glory to be gained if your trolling tactic is to emulate a crazy person as hard as possible. You have to be really dedicated to make the gimmic work and I just don't see that kind of hustle out of you.

TobleroneTriangular disagrees.

• Locked thread