Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yup, always in the same order. That's why putting Carrion Queen first is such a dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Yup, always in the same order. That's why putting Carrion Queen first is such a dick move.

If you're lucky you'll get the champion version that spawns tiny little heart enemies rather than red poops.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Krinkle posted:

I just attempted boss rush for the first time. "what the hell is this? are all these for me?" "wow uhh okay they don't stop coming"

Is it always in the same order? What killed me were the five red turds carrion queen left in the second wave that were completely loving invisible in the sea of blood and viscera from killing like 16 bosses. Died at the adversary. Or whatever the adversary without bandages is, fallen?

I prioritize killing Carrion Queen, Bloat, Monstro II, Fallen, and Death as soon as possible. Anyone with a laser or annoying attack; the other guys are all manageable.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I finally got the Book of Revelations on the first floor, get 3 bandages pieces then in Womb 1 I get loving Mr Fred as the boss. :argh:

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Pwnstar posted:

I finally got the Book of Revelations on the first floor, get 3 bandages pieces then in Womb 1 I get loving Mr Fred as the boss. :argh:

There are only 3 bandage balls, IIRC. 4 cubes of meat, though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Pwnstar posted:

I can beat that, I got three Meat Cubes once and then my horseman boss on Womb 1 was Conquest.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Vic Boss posted:

Don't think this is true, cause I got Revelations and got 3 bandage balls but got hosed over by Conquest, and no achievement or anything.

I think these are my least favorite achievements in the game. I managed to get Monster Manual, Nun's Habit, and Blood Plug or whatever but I still couldnt' get the stupid things. I guess I need the wafer or something else. I might get the Lost's negative path and boss rush stuff done before getting these things.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 21, 2014

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
God I love the Jera rune. If only I could have found a 48 hour energy pill on that floor, then I would have infinite judgements and money + spirit hearts. Of course the judgements I got paid out with 7/8 garbage items and then I find a re-roll rune right away on the next floor. :argh:

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Do seeds still work for unlocking the secret character, as of 1.022? I haven't seen anyone saying otherwise, but I've tried it twice now and I'm not sure if it's no longer working or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm not using seeds for the fourth part, of course.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yup, seeds work. I used one for both the Isaac and the Judas portion.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Now the fun stuff: Eden, Lost, Hard Mode Heart kills

Also I still need 100 tinted rocks blown up :argh:

Kawalimus posted:

Don't think this is true, cause I got Revelations and got 3 bandage balls but got hosed over by Conquest, and no achievement or anything.

I think these are my least favorite achievements in the game.

Only 3 for Bandage Girl. Definitely 4 for Meat Boy, though.

Just as an aside, the There's Options item in the shop will pretty well guarantee you a Bandage Girl or Meat Boy when combined with the Book of Revelations as 1 of the 2 items it gives you after a boss will always be a meat or a bandage. You obviously need luck and then some, especially for Meat Boy, but if you have the coins don't hesitate to grab that item because it's a great help. It's also great period because you'll almost always get a good boss item.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You absolutely need 4 for Bandage Girl.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Davincie posted:

any news of a ps4 patch? still 1.01....

I have looked around and found nothing. I look forward to the day when they finally remember (whether 'they' is Sony or Nicalis) and the PSN version stops being literally impossible to 100%.

And above, it is definitely 4 for bandage girl. I had to roll 4 from the Monster Manual after collecting 3 bandage balls did not unlock the secret.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pwnstar posted:

You absolutely need 4 for Bandage Girl.

13/f/cali posted:

I have looked around and found nothing. I look forward to the day when they finally remember (whether 'they' is Sony or Nicalis) and the PSN version stops being literally impossible to 100%.

And above, it is definitely 4 for bandage girl. I had to roll 4 from the Monster Manual after collecting 3 bandage balls did not unlock the secret.

I'm 100% sure I unlocked Bandage Girl with 3 on v1.0. Like without a doubt positive. I also remember the wiki had it listed as 3, too, but no longer. Perhaps it was an earlier version bug?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Is there a link to how to do the Monster Manuel stuff?

There's Options is good but it's pretty uncommon to show up in the shop, so having that and Book of Revs show up when it needs to is pretty much as unlikely as getting it legit.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

There's Options is good but it's pretty uncommon to show up in the shop, so having that and Book of Revs show up when it needs to is pretty much as unlikely as getting it legit.

Once you unlock Shop Level 4 it's pretty common, at least to me. If I can get hold of it early in a run I feel pretty good about my chances because I'm almost always leaving with a dmg or hp up.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm 100% sure I unlocked Bandage Girl with 3 on v1.0. Like without a doubt positive. I also remember the wiki had it listed as 3, too, but no longer. Perhaps it was an earlier version bug?

Possibly a bug earlier. I had 3 just an hour or so ago and no dice.

90sLurker
Oct 25, 2013
When Life Gives You Lemons, You Make...MEAT BOY!

I finished Challenge 12 last night. I was on Basement II and it looked like there were two shops. Nope, one of those locked doors was a Library with the Book of Revelations and the Book of Shadows. Goodbye Lemon Mishap, hello Book of...Revelations. Lemme guess, I'm a dumbass for not taking along the Book of Shadows, especially since the challenge starts you off with the 9 volt and the Habit.

Still, I was able to use the Book of Rev. to get the game to take the lemons back and give me 3 Cubes of Meat. Plus Brimstone. Plus Guppy's Head on the Depths II, in a challenge that starts you off with the 9 volt and the Habit. Yeah, even I pulled off the Mom kill.

Now I get to joke about being in the top 7.3% of Rebirth players that has the Card Against Humanity achievement, despite being a spike-dancing klutz with questionable taste in literature.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Book of Revelations is way, way better than the Book of Shadows unless you're on hard mode (or if you're the Lost). You might need the Book to luck into keys or bombs since it's so stingy with drops, but even then I'd still probably take Revelations. Soul hearts are really nice.

I was thinking of the Book of Sin, I think. I'd still take Revelations, though.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Vic Boss posted:

Crotch Bat posted:

It's definitely 4. 1, 2, 3 and 4.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

90sLurker posted:

When Life Gives You Lemons, You Make...MEAT BOY!

I finished Challenge 12 last night. I was on Basement II and it looked like there were two shops. Nope, one of those locked doors was a Library with the Book of Revelations and the Book of Shadows. Goodbye Lemon Mishap, hello Book of...Revelations. Lemme guess, I'm a dumbass for not taking along the Book of Shadows, especially since the challenge starts you off with the 9 volt and the Habit.

Still, I was able to use the Book of Rev. to get the game to take the lemons back and give me 3 Cubes of Meat. Plus Brimstone. Plus Guppy's Head on the Depths II, in a challenge that starts you off with the 9 volt and the Habit. Yeah, even I pulled off the Mom kill.

Now I get to joke about being in the top 7.3% of Rebirth players that has the Card Against Humanity achievement, despite being a spike-dancing klutz with questionable taste in literature.

I was actually surprised how good lemon mishap was when doing that challenge. Totally carried me.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Yup, seeds are working for unlocking the secret character, but I think getting items that give extra lives screws with it, so maybe don't do that.

Kawalimus posted:

I think the best way to do it would be to reset with Isaac and D6 until you got Pyromaniac in the first item room, and then try to abuse the D6 to get either of the Fetuses, or Ipecac. Besides that, you need either the Habit, or the Sharp Plug. With that in hand, you can use the D6 repeatedly, until you get the Monster Manual. And then you use that until you get both of them.

But if amidst all that resetting you get a Book of Revelations in the first item room, give it a try. I got both of them this way, while resetting in search of Pyromaniac.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha oh wow, if you have the Yum Heart with a few of the battery items, then pick up Habit, you can live forever. The battery items fill up 3 out of the four charges when you use the thing/clear a room and getting hit fills up the last one, so you can just use it when you get hit and never run out of health. If I had one of the damage reduction items like Cancer or the Wafer I could instantly regain any health I lose because the Yum Heart fills up one heart and I'd only lose half of one per hit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cancer is tears up, not damage down.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Cancer is tears up, not damage down.

Cancer the astral sign pickup, not Cancer the trinket.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Kawalimus posted:

I'm starting to think Conquest was put in this game solely to annoy anyone trying to get the Meat Boy and Bandage Girl unlocks. Whenever I make it to the Womb with a Book of Revelations, it spawns him instead of Death.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm starting to think Conquest was put in this game solely to annoy anyone trying to get the Meat Boy and Bandage Girl unlocks. Whenever I make it to the Womb with a Book of Revelations, it spawns him instead of Death.

Huh no. He was added in Wrath of the Lamb iirc. Meat boy is more a problem because its a combo that literally relies on four seperate item drops. The cube of meat should be a regular boss drop and then there should be some other item that gives you stats and will upgrade the cube of meat to a meat boy (2 steps, final form) that make it easy to get but still gives you something for gathering its constituent parts normally on a regular run. Meat boy is altogether pretty lovely for a four pickup familiar compared to say Guppy transformation where all the items have situational uses and you only need to find 3/5 instead of 4/1

Ed correctly identified that the bosses only drop a loving cube of meat was a problem but then proceeded to think the solution would be adding another loving cube of meat that like you say basically makes it 4/0.5

Its bad enough youre forced into those bossses when you get the book of rev which would otherwise be useful on more types of runs if it didnt kill all of your boss drops in exchange for a lovely familiar. The book only has that effect to make it possible to get meat boy in the first game at the 4/1 chance.
Again, ed identifying the problem and taking a really stupid solution

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 22, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You need four of either the Ball of Bandages or Cube of Meat to make Bandage Girl/Meat Boy. The real best thing about it is how you can still get a Ball of Bandages if you have a Cube of Meat or vice versa.

I think the orbitals and followers should be separate drops, with the followers being much less common.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I picked up all 3 technologies in one playthrough, which is kinda neat!

Getting a screencap of all 3 firing at once is a pain in the rear end.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
It's only a stupid solution if you don't want Meat Boy and Bandage Girl to be stupidly hard to get. :viggo:

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Meat Boy buffed in Rebirth, so he's more worth it?

It'd be hilarious if Horsemen had, like, a 1% chance of dropping Dr. Fetus and Epic Fetus.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I wouldn't know if he's buffed, I've never gotten past level 2, since the Book of Revelations is much, much rarer as well, I've seen that maybe four times, usually at the end of my run. I do love how powerful Pinking Shears is though, which is as close to Meat Boy as I'll get unless a patch makes it easier.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

Just as an aside, the There's Options item in the shop will pretty well guarantee you a Bandage Girl or Meat Boy when combined with the Book of Revelations as 1 of the 2 items it gives you after a boss will always be a meat or a bandage. You obviously need luck and then some, especially for Meat Boy, but if you have the coins don't hesitate to grab that item because it's a great help. It's also great period because you'll almost always get a good boss item.

There's Options doesn't actually help since the second item just pulls from the standard boss pool. So you get Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages without it and with it you get Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages plus whatever random item. Similarly, you can use the D6 to just roll between the two, it also pulls from the full boss pool if you try it.

On one hand, it's good that they do that so you aren't stuck with just those two items like you were stuck with the cube of meat in BOI, on the other hand it makes the achievement way harder and the cube and ball are actually really good now so that wouldn't be such a bummer.

Honestly I think they should do like they do with the sins and make it so that when you fight the horsemen in regular rooms later in the game they have a chance of dropping their item.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Monster Manual in the first item room and I got two bandage pieces from horsemen. The game decided I needed to be hosed over so didn't give me enough keys/money to get enough shop items to finish it off. On the plus side I got another item I need so I've only got 3 more for my collection.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To the person complaining about Tiny Planet doing that thing where your tears alternate rotations instead of just going clockwise or counter-clockwise, I just learned that picking it up as Cain negates that part of it because he only fires tears out of his right eye! Yet another reason Cain is superior to everyone! :v:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 22, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I don't want to get Technology in this situation right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like that you circled it with the Ludovico laser. But no, don't get Technology 1 or 2 since they're nerf your damage a bit. I'm pretty sure they also overwrite Azazel's Brimstone, which is probably what you're actually worried about.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Manatee Cannon posted:

I like that you circled it with the Ludovico laser. But no, don't get Technology 1 or 2 since they're nerf your damage a bit. I'm pretty sure they also overwrite Azazel's Brimstone, which is probably what you're actually worried about.

Yeah I just decided to play azazel and happened to get Ludovico as my first item. Never got it before so it's pretty cool.

Anything else to watch out for that will end the fun?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

What exactly is the regeneration mechanism behind Placenta?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I just found Mutant Spider. Will there be 4 Ludovico circles now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Johnny Truant posted:

What exactly is the regeneration mechanism behind Placenta?

Every 2-3 minutes you will regen half a heart. You can abuse this if you have a book to read I guess.