Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Aren't there mini NES games in this somewhere?

Also I've wasted so much loving gold starting classic matches and forgetting to set my controller profile. This poo poo better get patched to remember the last profile used because this is infuriating.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Found out my Wii U keeps getting a Error 160-0103/ problem with system memory that makes the Wii crash whenever I bring up Mii Maker or certain other things.
I should probably pack it up, send it to Nintendo and have them wipe clean everything but Smash Brothers is more important.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nut Better posted:

Hey, can anyone check to see if the copy of the game that comes with the bundle is a retail copy or one of those "no resale" copies? UPS screwed up my bundle order so I was wondering if I could buy a vanilla copy of the game and return the copy from the bundle when it gets here.

I realized I'm crazy and went looking for unboxing videos on Youtube to see if the copy of the game included in the bundle was the same as retail copies and found out they are. The UPC of the game in the bundle is 045496903404 which is the same as retail copies, whereas the copy of the game outside the box is 045496903473.

So in other words it's the same. Now to fuel my insanity and buy the game effectively twice because gently caress UPS.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Haha, Little mac's face is all beat up in the results screen if he looses :)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Menuchat: anyone know where the option to turn off certain stages from being randomly selected is? Or failing that, some way to just wipe 75m off the face of the earth would be good too.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Hey guys sorry for the repost, just curious about this: Does online allow cross-region play? I'm in the US and want to smash with my friend in Taiwan.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mamelon posted:

Hey guys sorry for the repost, just curious about this: Does online allow cross-region play? I'm in the US and want to smash with my friend in Taiwan.
It's allowed (I've gotten matched against plenty of Japanese people), but I don't know how good the connection is.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EDIT: My phone is terrible and posts things it says it can't because of network errors, so this got posted twice. gently caress.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 22, 2014

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just started playing the game. I was planning to play it last night after I bought it, but I ended up being too sleepy.

First thoughts:
- This game looks loving GORGEOUS with HDMI! Holy poo poo!
- I am concerned by the apparent lack of an Adventure Mode of any sort. I really hope there's some version of Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary/Smash Run somewhere in this game, or I'm gonna be sad.
- WHY IS SONIC BOOM NOT LISTED IN THE MUSIC PLAYBACK MENU THIS BETTER BE UNLOCKABLE OR SO HELP ME :argh:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Haha, Little mac's face is all beat up in the results screen if he looses :)

Ganondorf has the dopiest look on his face on the results screen if he loses. It's great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

- I am concerned by the apparent lack of an Adventure Mode of any sort. I really hope there's some version of Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary/Smash Run somewhere in this game, or I'm gonna be sad.
There is not.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Wow the C-stick is really buggy, I hope they fix this in a patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSp885AxZss

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

- WHY IS SONIC BOOM NOT LISTED IN THE MUSIC PLAYBACK MENU THIS BETTER BE UNLOCKABLE OR SO HELP ME :argh:

Lose all hope with Sonic music in Smash cause it's slim pickins. Even Rooftop Run is the wrong version (it's the modern version instead of classic. C'mon Blizz)

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
You know, this isn't the first thing I thought I'd notice about Smash Bros., but good lord this game is pretty.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Graviija posted:

You know, this isn't the first thing I thought I'd notice about Smash Bros., but good lord this game is pretty.

Don't look directly upon the characters whenever they pick up a Metal Box. Their sheen is almost too brilliant.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was really confused by this post but then I saw who posted it

Shine on, you crazy diamond

?

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Don't look directly upon the characters whenever they pick up a Metal Box. Their sheen is almost too brilliant.

This was one of the first mistakes I made when I started playing earlier.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How come I keep turning off the "Tap to Jump" option on the Controls menu, but my characters keep jumping when I tap UP anyway?

Cuz that poo poo is getting annoying.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

How come I keep turning off the "Tap to Jump" option on the Controls menu, but my characters keep jumping when I tap UP anyway?

You've got to assign a profile to your controller slot, it's not automatic like on the 3DS. Every single time. Even changing game modes. God help you if you forget about it when starting a classic run.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Note: If you plan to play Shulk, Luigi, Lucina, Marth, Ike, or Dr. Mario do not turn tap jump off.

You can Up-B out of your shield and it's fairly useful for all of them.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I just unlocked the Earthbound demo by getting 1968+ feet in homerun

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

I haven't played a Smash since the N64 one. Hooked it up last week and played for a while and my itch to catch up on all those missed Nintendo games finally caught up with all this awesome SSB footage. I ordered a refurb Wii U and picked up Smash and MK8 today.

I want to pick up a gamepad to properly play both of these, having no preference what would be a solid option to relearn from scratch on? There's the GC option, those fight pads that plug into the wiimote, and the Wii U pro controller.

Is one regarded as "best" if you aren't coming straight from Brawl or Melee?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

PirateDentist posted:

I haven't played a Smash since the N64 one. Hooked it up last week and played for a while and my itch to catch up on all those missed Nintendo games finally caught up with all this awesome SSB footage. I ordered a refurb Wii U and picked up Smash and MK8 today.

I want to pick up a gamepad to properly play both of these, having no preference what would be a solid option to relearn from scratch on? There's the GC option, those fight pads that plug into the wiimote, and the Wii U pro controller.

Is one regarded as "best" if you aren't coming straight from Brawl or Melee?

I've warmed up to the pro controller because I like its button layout better, but I imagine most people would vote for the Gamecube controller. If the GCC isn't already cemented in your mind as "the" Smash controller, though, take a chance on the Pro. You can use it for more games, too.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Pro Controller is good for Smash and everything else.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
When my brother and I were young, we put upward of a thousand hours on Melee. Brawl didn't feel quite right, and I doubt either of put in more than ~20 hours. This game is hella pretty and looks packed with great content. It also feels a little better, like the right mix between Melee and Brawl. I'm loving desperate to get a Gamecube controller adapter, though. The Gamepad isn't bad and I've unlocked a few characters with it, but I'm struggling. I don't have a Pro controller, but I do have four old Gamecube controllers sitting around and ready to go.

I can't find a Gamecube adapter anywhere around here, checked about half a dozen different stores. Are there any online outlets that still have some in stock? I've pretty much lost hope that I'll be able to find one nearby.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cicadas! posted:

You've got to assign a profile to your controller slot, it's not automatic like on the 3DS. Every single time. Even changing game modes. God help you if you forget about it when starting a classic run.

The worst part about this is it doesn't seem like you can use any controller profiles in the boardgame mode, so you're stuck with weird default controls if you want to play it.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

The worst part about this is it doesn't seem like you can use any controller profiles in the boardgame mode, so you're stuck with weird default controls if you want to play it.

You can! Press Y after you pick your Mii. It took me several attempts to figure this out. Nintendo managed to make setting the controller profile different in every game mode I've tried so far!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm told "hit Y after you pick your Mii" to select your control profile though I forgot to test that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If everyone mentions it in the club nintendo surveys, I'm sure they'll patch in setting a default profile. They patched in the main complaints people had about Mario KArt 8, giving them a minimap on tv and making the default option after a race "next race".

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whelp, I'm a Wii U owner now.

NNID: "FULLOFWASPS"

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

You can! Press Y after you pick your Mii. It took me several attempts to figure this out. Nintendo managed to make setting the controller profile different in every game mode I've tried so far!

How do you set it in Event mode/other modes that don't let you pick your character?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Kaethela posted:

How do you set it in Event mode/other modes that don't let you pick your character?

Either select "Player 1" or the area under player one, near the pencil icon. It's dumb as hell.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kaethela posted:

Y

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Completely missed the tiny little "Name" box in the corner. gently caress's sake, Nintendo, how hard is it to let us set a default control scheme?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Do we really need separate threads for Smash 4 and Smash 4?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Kaethela posted:

Completely missed the tiny little "Name" box in the corner. gently caress's sake, Nintendo, how hard is it to let us set a default control scheme?

My uncle works for Nintendo and I just called him. He confirmed it is "hard" to set a default control scheme.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Is anybody else finding the fine control is kinda hard with the Gamecube controllers? It felt like I had to dash to make Marth move versus being able to walk slowly.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Look we all know that Dixie isn't going to be in the game and is not an amiibo

Keep dreaming!!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Endorph posted:

There is not.

:catstare: ...... What do you mean "There is not"!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Look we all know that Dixie isn't going to be in the game and is not an amiibo

Keep dreaming!!!

Dixie Kong is technically in this game, as she is just a manifestation of Diddy Kong's true self. Any time you see them together it's like Tyler Durden.

• Locked thread