Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hah I just noticed Iida's face.

Did anyone ever look so satisfied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have a feeling that Bakugou is going to "come around" fairly early into the manga. He's already showing signs of becoming less of a dick, and once they start to encounter actual "villains" and dangerous situations he'll probably end up more or less friendly with the main character.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Is that the Jojo frog on her head at the top right?

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I hope not; after all, Zeppeli did a number on the last thing that frog was on.

(More on topic, I want to see what gets sent to the school to take on All Might. With a group of villains like that, it's gotta be interesting looking.)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

In a twist, they're going to attack the school and just get immediately destroyed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I like the Frog Girl too, her hair kind of reminds me of Violet from The Incredibles!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FH_Meta posted:

I hope not; after all, Zeppeli did a number on the last thing that frog was on.

(More on topic, I want to see what gets sent to the school to take on All Might. With a group of villains like that, it's gotta be interesting looking.)

I figure he'll get sent on a fake errand right before the attack or something.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
That could very well happen.

But I still want to see what Shadow-flame guy, Hands McGee, and RidleyBrain come up with when the target's the strongest hero on earth and is in the premier hero training academy in Japan.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

FH_Meta posted:

That could very well happen.

But I still want to see what Shadow-flame guy, Hands McGee, and RidleyBrain come up with when the target's the strongest hero on earth and is in the premier hero training academy in Japan.
They attack after his class thinking they can get him during offhours, not realizing that was literally the best time to attack because he has to burn up all of his hero-time teaching the class.

Ytlaya posted:

I have a feeling that Bakugou is going to "come around" fairly early into the manga. He's already showing signs of becoming less of a dick, and once they start to encounter actual "villains" and dangerous situations he'll probably end up more or less friendly with the main character.
Or he'll heel-turn and become a villain for the sake of fighting Midoria.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 21, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's it!

I finally figured out who non-super All Might reminds me of!

loving Lord Raptor.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

That's it!

I finally figured out who non-super All Might reminds me of!

loving Lord Raptor.

Thanks this was bugging me too.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Well yeah, i hope you're right otherwise we will get Naruto 2.0. :tinfoil:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Yeah, I'm already tired of Bakugou and Deku's relationship. Dude's an rear end in a top hat who has bullied you for 10 years of your life, then just tried to murder you, stop wanting to be friends with him holy poo poo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Personal_Nirvana posted:

You realize a protagonist going bad doesn't automatically make a bad story right? Naruto just handled it really poorly.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

RatHat posted:

You realize a protagonist going bad doesn't automatically make a bad story right? Naruto just handled it really poorly.

I think he means the whole 'Naruto endlessly tries to make friends with Sasuke to the point of refusing to believe Sasuke isn't a Good Person, even after Sasuke tries to kill him and Sakura multiple times, tries to kill a bunch of Kages, tries to ruin peace meetings, and etc. etc. bits.

If Bakugou becomes evil and Deku goes HE'S MY FRIEND I HAVE TO SAVE HIM FROM BEING EVIL despite us only ever seeing Bakugou act like a huge dick to him, then this will be 'naruto 2.0'

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those valid points aside, I like that Deku, despite his professed goal of helping and being nice to Bakugou, keeps ending up going "and I'm going to be better than you" at him whenever they start actually baring their feelings. He wants to be a "good friend" and stuff, but there are some lingering feelings there.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 22, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'm pretty sure that Bakugou wont go evil.
He'll still be a surly hot head who doesn't get along with Deku (understatement) but he wont go full villain.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I think he means the whole 'Naruto endlessly tries to make friends with Sasuke to the point of refusing to believe Sasuke isn't a Good Person, even after Sasuke tries to kill him and Sakura multiple times, tries to kill a bunch of Kages, tries to ruin peace meetings, and etc. etc. bits.

If Bakugou becomes evil and Deku goes HE'S MY FRIEND I HAVE TO SAVE HIM FROM BEING EVIL despite us only ever seeing Bakugou act like a huge dick to him, then this will be 'naruto 2.0'
Don't forget that he was literally on the leaf village's most wanted list and had several people sent out to kill him.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm pretty sure that Bakugou wont go evil.
He'll still be a surly hot head who doesn't get along with Deku (understatement) but he wont go full villain.
Or he'll go villain when someone promises him the means to become more powerful. This is a shounen series we're talking about. I'd like to see it get handled other ways though, but the author seems like he knows better, so they'll probably handle it a lot better even if it does go down that path.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Bakugou doesn't strike me as the type that'd accept someone's offer to make him more powerful. His pride is very reliant on doing things himself, and IMO that was made plain in Ch. 11. To accept help would be to accept defeat.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It's a Weekly Shounen Jump manga, you guys. He's gonna be Deku's rival for a chunk of the first 50-odd chapters or so, and then get defeated and become Deku's friend. Like, duhhh! :rolleyes:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Style really reminds me of Yoh Yoshinari's style. If this gets an anime adaption, Studio Trigger would be a great pick to do it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I recently got into this series and I enjoy it. Looking forward to the villains attacking. I laughed a little when I read a comment that called that hand guy Captain Facepalm.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

DrSunshine posted:

It's a Weekly Shounen Jump manga, you guys. He's gonna be Deku's rival for a chunk of the first 50-odd chapters or so, and then get defeated and become Deku's friend. Like, duhhh! :rolleyes:

Well duh, but it's how you do it. Compare Naruto to say One Piece who does the power of friendship thing better.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

Well duh, but it's how you do it. Compare Naruto to say One Piece who does the power of friendship thing better.

They could go the route of the original Yugioh manga where every villain gets handicapped, tortured or outright killed. :v:

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

They could go the route of the original Yugioh manga where every villain gets handicapped, tortured or outright killed. :v:

Hey, some of those guys just got horribly injured in ways that would likely require pricy medical procedures to heal. Or put under very strong illusions.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

FH_Meta posted:

Well, for an example of what Hands McGee can do I am reminded of Buck Godot and the Transporter...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Chapter 12

Iida gets a chapter, and it's as earnest as you'd expect.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
You know what, translator? I like you and your note.

(Also the way that the plot shook out. Easily forseeable, but nicely executed.)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh man, teach got a sick burn on Bakugou, I swear you could hear his teeth grinding when he said "I know."

JFC Uraraka is fuckin' adorable, just so much enthusiasm in that girl. :3:

Also, nice nickname for Iida there. :laugh:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So we've got a guy who can give himself super-speed by turning his leg muscles into rocket engines that run on orange juice. I think we can officially stop looking for rational superpower explanations now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'm glad all powers are kooky, it gives it a more unique feel.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, was it just me, or wasn't the one person we got a center-frame back-of-the-head shot of during the the reporter thing reminiscent of the hands villain? (i.e. It was totally the hands person because that wasn't exactly subtle?) And then the shot of the gate at the end... Those are some really powerful hands there.

Also Iida is still the best.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Darth Walrus posted:

So we've got a guy who can give himself super-speed by turning his leg muscles into rocket engines that run on orange juice. I think we can officially stop looking for rational superpower explanations now.

Whoever was looking for any in the first place is a fool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, was it just me, or wasn't the one person we got a center-frame back-of-the-head shot of during the the reporter thing reminiscent of the hands villain? (i.e. It was totally the hands person because that wasn't exactly subtle?) And then the shot of the gate at the end... Those are some really powerful hands there.

Also Iida is still the best.

Well, I'm certainly suspicious because their spinal cord was oddly defined on their neck.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing - I can't help but notice that the tall girl with the spiky hair who did the breakdown of the mock battle is now Iida's VP. Given that they seem to be birds of a feather, I'd place good odds on them getting paired off.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Read the whole thing in one sitting and it's pretty good. I'm a little disappointed he ended up with a power. I was hoping to see him school everyone with just his notebook.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dr_Amazing posted:

Read the whole thing in one sitting and it's pretty good. I'm a little disappointed he ended up with a power. I was hoping to see him school everyone with just his notebook.

The problem is that despite what Batman has tricked people into thinking this is simply not a practical thing. All Might put it pretty clearly, heroics is a dangerous job and if you don't have something you're gonna end up SOL very quick.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
batman has the power of capitalist enforcement of property rights

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Batman also trained in like every martial art known to man and doesn't usually fight people with actual super powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It might be a minority opinion, but Batman's schtick of a combination of preparation and plot devices helping him overcome every single superpower he ever comes up against regardless of how insane they are is kind of tiresome after a while as well. Batman works in some contexts, but I'm honestly happier to have someone with superpowers in a story like this so that the story doesn't have to spend ages explaining how he prepares for each new enemy and then kind of ruin it by having the victory depend on some unique device that he pulled out of his closet.