Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

TARDISman posted:

Just today I got 3 people to want the MG DX

You.

I like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Was a Divider conversion ever made for the new Gundam X? I love mine but would love to have it be more Jamil than Garrod.

Might buy DX just for posing it underfoot of the superior X :smuggo:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

This guy right here, I tell ya what. Can't handle both guns at the same time? :mmmsmug:

Also, I didn't get any response to this earlier, and I'm still hoping somebody might know. I don't wanna burn money only to find out I got a bad shade or gloss finish.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Quick question about Tamiya rattlecans though - what white is a good choice for your standard gundam pure white look? I tried their 'Pure White' for the parts I custom painted on my Plan B, but it was incredibly glossy, and went on noticeably thicker than any other paint I've used. Is there a better matte choice, but still very clean?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Was a Divider conversion ever made for the new Gundam X? I love mine but would love to have it be more Jamil than Garrod.

Not yet, but it's trivially easy to attach the old 1/100 Divider if you want one.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I will find you and hurt you. :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Winning Gundam SD kit got updated with a few pics of it being use for the Winning Fist and Launcher.

They're... not as good as in the series. Personally I think they've could've pulled off the Winning Fist just fine by adding a partsforming piece for the missing part of the fingers. Not like those polycaps are doing anything there.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

g-arcane has yaoi hands

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

TaurusOxford posted:

I will find you and hurt you. :colbert:

X and X-Divider are beautiful and I hated Gundam X as soon as DX took the spotlight. :colbert:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am seriously thinking of buying the extreme blast mode destiny mg. I swore that I'd never buy a special edition of an mg, but that last episode of BF really got me tempted. Help.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Monaghan posted:

I am seriously thinking of buying the extreme blast mode destiny mg. I swore that I'd never buy a special edition of an mg, but that last episode of BF really got me tempted. Help.

Do it, those wings of light are so rad looking.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Swagger Dagger posted:

Gonna buy every HGBF. All of them.

I've already started

I'm building everything at the moment and I cannot stop myself. I need more supplies.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

We've all thought "I want every HGBF", but I didn't know someone was following through :stare:

Why the two of everything, anyway?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ka0 posted:

I've already started

I'm building everything at the moment and I cannot stop myself. I need more supplies.

I'll bite, why two of each? One straight build and one customized?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hes trying to open a store like from the show. That was the whole point of the show, Gunpla is so good you need to open a store front.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
The first one will be a straight build with the skills I have now.

I'll build the 2nd ones when my skills improve and then compare the results.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that's not a bad idea.

blitzblast when the time comes around do you have any good reference images for kai's gundam x so i can figure out some colors to mix up

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There is basically only this:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Needs more Qubeley Papillon :colbert:

(Is anyone gonna make a 1/100 conversion resin kit or something, I want my teal Qubeley :-( )

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I didn't like the Papilion, I'd much rather build miss Sazabi, it looks more poseable.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ka0 posted:

I didn't like the Papilion, I'd much rather build miss Sazabi, it looks more poseable.

It's a fun build. I still need to finish mine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Speaking of poseability, I just finished my Alteisen, and I've got to say, it has all the poseability of a brick. I mean, I'm glad I got it, because I've wanted one for literal years, and even with my crappy assembling skills, it looks pretty drat rad. But I wouldn't ever recommend the kit to anyone else who wasn't also super crazy about the mech. Even then, I'd probably recommend the Super Robot Chogokin instead. You're already spending $50 on what amounts to an HG, might as well spend the extra $30 and just get a figure that can actually move its arms enough to make an attack pose.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So while building my BTF MG ZZ Gundam, I came to the realization that the head is indeed pure garbage. However:

I fixed it. :)

tgv
Oct 16, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Speaking of poseability, I just finished my Alteisen, and I've got to say, it has all the poseability of a brick. I mean, I'm glad I got it, because I've wanted one for literal years, and even with my crappy assembling skills, it looks pretty drat rad. But I wouldn't ever recommend the kit to anyone else who wasn't also super crazy about the mech. Even then, I'd probably recommend the Super Robot Chogokin instead. You're already spending $50 on what amounts to an HG, might as well spend the extra $30 and just get a figure that can actually move its arms enough to make an attack pose.

Was it the 1/100 :( I've wanted one of those for years (without paying the huge markup)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is that the skinny ZZ gundam? Please post pics when its finished, Out of shape gundam was super ugly and would of been just like a huge target.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That's cute, you think Gundam subscribes to any sense of realism.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Do me a favor: please give the Miss Sazabi funnels. It bugs me that every time I look at the model in pictures it lacks the special snowflake weapons. I think it's a rad looking suit, though. Shame it only saw action for half an episode.

edit: something related more to modeling; has anyone here experimented with using florescent clearcoats as a gimmick for their kits? What kind of results did you get?

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 22, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BlitzBlast posted:

That's cute, you think Gundam subscribes to any sense of realism.

Fat ZZ gundam was so ugly! That's real!

Qubeley Papillon had invisible funnels! and Bandai just smiles and charges more.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 22, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tenzarin posted:

Qubeley Papillon had invisible funnels! and Bandai just smiles and charges more.

Hey, you get a full pack of the invisible funnels in the Papillion kit. They're right there, you just have to feel around in the box for them, honest.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Excuse me, but mobile suits don't have to conform to your standards of beauty. :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Figures that the hardest weapons to put the Sniper K9 with is either of it's sniper rifles.

Still, giving it Naked Snake CQC poses with it's knife and pistol :allears:

There's a lot of parts still left on the sprue though... :confused:

Also, it does one of the things I always love: It can mount it's shield on either arm.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 22, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

All the parts left are stuff from the kit the GM Sniper K9 was based off of, the HGUC GM Sniper II.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nobody mentioned that they were showing off sculpts for Guntank and Zaku II based on THE ORIGIN. Those are loving dope.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

Nobody mentioned that they were showing off sculpts for Guntank and Zaku II based on THE ORIGIN. Those are loving dope.

They've kept the Zaku II so faithful and only altered a little of it, which is rad. So we get a modern-as-gently caress HG of the base Zaku II.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

They've kept the Zaku II so faithful and only altered a little of it, which is rad. So we get a modern-as-gently caress HG of the base Zaku II.

That Guntank looks loving sick. I would love for more THE ORIGIN kits because the suit designs in that comic, in general, are ridiculously fantastic.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Figures that the hardest weapons to put the Sniper K9 with is either of it's sniper rifles.

Still, giving it Naked Snake CQC poses with it's knife and pistol :allears:

There's a lot of parts still left on the sprue though... :confused:

Also, it does one of the things I always love: It can mount it's shield on either arm.

The instructions will have X's over the parts not used in the kit if you ever want to double check to make sure you didn't miss something. First page where it shows the runners.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The proportions of that Origin Zaku are all over the drat place, but I guess they're following the (ugly) CG animation model pretty exactly so what can ya do.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Blah, winter is here. My basement where I paint has dropped to around 50.

Paints are fine with the airbrush, but the top coat I use (Liquitex Matte) spits white blobs. Even warming it by the heat vents, and thinning doesn't help. I'm thinking the compressor air which is not heated is what causes this.

C'Monnnnnn spring time.

gently caress.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Philthy posted:

Blah, winter is here. My basement where I paint has dropped to around 50.

Paints are fine with the airbrush, but the top coat I use (Liquitex Matte) spits white blobs. Even warming it by the heat vents, and thinning doesn't help. I'm thinking the compressor air which is not heated is what causes this.

C'Monnnnnn spring time.

gently caress.

Time to lay in hand-painting supplies

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Progress time:

I'm impressed with how well everything is fitting together. Argue all you want about the sleeker design, but the build quality is top-notch.

On a third-party related note, you can now order the PG Tactical Arms sword from GundamCentral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I bought a Gundam X Maoh today. I can't wait to finish my MG RX-78-2 so I can put it together. I really want to do something that isn't going to take hours and hours and hours to put together.