Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Poland elections: members of local electoral commissions have reached the end of their legally mandated leave from work and may or may not have arrived to count the votes today. PKW states it technically could claim they're breaking the promise they've made when signing up for the commissions, but it's dubious as far as the penal and administrative law is concerned, so they probably won't do that. They've just commented that they hope those guys show up.

Meanwhile, my town is gearing up for an electoral debate between the young activist lawyer and the old incumbent mayor (formerly a schoolteacher)! They will discuss such thrilling topics as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Tevery Best posted:

Meanwhile, my town is gearing up for an electoral debate between the young activist lawyer and the old incumbent mayor (formerly a schoolteacher)! They will discuss such thrilling topics as

?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

I don't get it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

I don't get it.
Penis of Winnie Pooh, seemingly.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

kalstrams posted:

Penis of Winnie Pooh, seemingly.

Maybe it's Poo of Vinnie the Pooh?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Karmalis posted:

Maybe it's Poo of Vinnie the Pooh?
I do not remember faeces being censored anywhere.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Tevery Best posted:

I don't get it.

Met posted:

Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground for being 'inappropriate hermaphrodite'

quote:

The much-loved animated bear was suggested at a local council meeting to decide which famous character should become the face of the play area in the small town of Tuszyn.

But the idea soon sparked outrage among more conservative members, with one councillor even denouncing poor Pooh as a “hermaphrodite”.

“The problem with that bear is it doesn’t have a complete wardrobe,” said Ryszard Cichy during the discussion.

“It is half naked which is wholly inappropriate for children. [Poland’s fictional bear] is dressed from head to toe, unlike Pooh who is only dressed from the waist up.”

One unnamed councillor can be heard discussing Pooh’s sexuality, arguing that “it doesn’t wear underpants because it doesn’t have a sex” before another, Hanna Jachimska starts criticising Winnie the Pooh author AA Milne.

“This is very disturbing but can you imagine! The author was over 60 and cut [Pooh’s] testicles off with a razor blade because he had a problem with his identity,” she said.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Oh.

That's not from my town, thankfully.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

The author was over 60 and cut [Pooh’s] testicles off with a razor blade because he had a problem with his identity

This is not a sentence you hear every day.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Tevery Best posted:

Oh.

That's not from my town, thankfully.
Glad that we are not alone in the world with our "Teletubbies are gay role models" idiocy. :patriot:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Are teddy bear plushes sold in Poland anatomically correct? So as to protect the children from being exposed to deviant hermaphroditism?

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.

Valiantman posted:

:wth: Igor Girkin/Strelkov :wth:

The former separatist leader has given an interview for a Russian Zavtra newspaper. The story in Finnish here. I'll try to translate all the relevant points below.

• I was the one who pulled the trigger (that is, started the war)
  • If the Russian troops hadn't crossed the border, the situation would have diffused already
  • Rebels and the Ukranian army were reluctant to fight each other at first. We felt their main enemy was the Right Sector and affiliated people.
  • Kiev reacted in force only after Russia started giving wide support in form or weapons and soldiers.
  • I believed it would go like Crimea. As far as I could see, the population wanted the East Ukraine to become a part of Russia.
  • In the start of the summer, 90% of the separatist fighters were local
  • "Vacationing" Russian soldiers started coming in early August
  • The attack on Mariupol in September was a Russian attack. We were under the impression that Russia wanted a land connection to Crimea. We were shocked when no order to conquer the city came, since they could have easily done that. When I realized that Russia is not seeking annexation, I was opposed to it. (Unclear if he means the conquest of Mariupol or the non-annexation.)
  • Russia still supports the rebels extensively.
  • I returned to Moscow to protect president Putin against enemies and traitors

He was the one of the main triggers, repeatedly, on the "Russian" (not really seperatist) side of things. First, he did much to torpedo early negotiations over autonomy by seizing Slavyansk by force. Ukrainian negotatiors legtimatly saw this as bad faith (this of course empowered hard rightists in Ukraine), while actual Donbass and Russian negotiators were blindsided by that, couldnt exactly say so (how much authority to negotiate do they have if a loving monarchist goon does whatever eh want?) and even if they did say that they got blindsided nobody on Ukraines side believed them.
His "heroic fighting retreat from Slavyansk" was actually "oh crap, Putin, Akhmetov and Kiev are making a deal that would leave me out, lets go to Donezk quickly and cut that down". Kiev forces had barely encircled Slavyansk at that time, and were pretty reluctant to move in since it was quite heavily defended. Ukrainian/Kievan commanders were pretty surprised when Strelkovs group was suddenly gone. That they spread a bunch of bullshit about how they totally encircled Slavyansk and were killing large amounts of Strelkov troops (what actually happened was people mutually shooting at shadows for the most part) resulted in Strelkov getting major props for basically running away.
It is also a reason why his likely Oligarch sugar daddy got jacked one day after Russian elections (to demonstrate that the Russian state has not opened general Oligarch season, but to reinforce that Putin does not tolerate Oligarchs with an independent foreign policy) and why Russia leaned in really hard on Donbass to get rid of the guy. He was usefull for Donbass, since, as a foreigner whom Russian authorities actually dont like very much, he was like, the predisposed fallguy/public human sacrifice and thus usefull to have.
He is pretty nutty, but has some military skills.
His stick about "protecting Putin" is btw. either madness or sheer genius. Putins real attitude towards the guy is actually between :commissar: and "usefull idiot who annoys my rivals more then he annoys me". Strelkov, By publically painting himself as an "ally" or "protector" of Putin he protects himself from Putin to an extent, but well, Putin is not even remotely in need of protection from Strelkov (pun/dual meaning intended), and may well opt to regard that as an insult.

Other then that, Strelkov is pretty heavily invested in building his own legend.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
On more related infighting/backstabbing news, Moskalenko (Kiev appointed governor of Luhansk), also accused Aidar of kidnapping and perhaps murder, so it increasingly looks that Aidar will be the designated fall guys on Kievs side.
To show that this by no means equal "open season for rightwing militias", the second in command of (far more criminal then Aidar) Azov Batallion became the police General of Kiev.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Did the fact that the Pooh character is supposed to be a stuffed bear not a real bear not cross the cultural gap or something?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jarmak posted:

Did the fact that the Pooh character is supposed to be a stuffed bear not a real bear not cross the cultural gap or something?

Winnie the Pooh is as much a beloved children's character in Poland as anywhere, and has been for forever (we call him "kubuś", diminutive shortened form of Jacob). There is no cultural gap. I don't know what nonsense that person was spouting.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

Rinkles posted:

Winnie the Pooh is as much a beloved children's character in Poland as anywhere, and has been for forever (we call him "kubuś", diminutive shortened form of Jacob). There is no cultural gap. I don't know what nonsense that person was spouting.

Kubuś .... that makes so much sense now ( we have the juice brand kubuś which I think is imported from Poland )

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Chief of the PKW, Stefan Jaworski, has resigned from his post, effective after the second round of the local elections.
http://www.rp.pl/artykul/1140279,1159240-Szef-PKW-Stefan-Jaworski-zlozyl-dymisje.html

Meanwhile, the Supreme Supervision Chamber (NIK, Najwyzsza Izba Kontroli) reports that the PKW is completely unprepared for the 2015 parliamentary and presidential elections, says the journal Rzeczpospolita.
http://www.rp.pl/artykul/956150,1158933-NIK--Wybory-w-2015-tez-zagrozone.html

(warning: links autoplay voice clips)

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Ugh. Reports of an explosion --- perhaps even more than one --- in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Details still unclear.

Edit #2: removed photo, not recent

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 21, 2014

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Tevery Best posted:

Chief of the PKW, Stefan Jaworski, has resigned from his post, effective after the second round of the local elections.
http://www.rp.pl/artykul/1140279,1159240-Szef-PKW-Stefan-Jaworski-zlozyl-dymisje.html

Meanwhile, the Supreme Supervision Chamber (NIK, Najwyzsza Izba Kontroli) reports that the PKW is completely unprepared for the 2015 parliamentary and presidential elections, says the journal Rzeczpospolita.
http://www.rp.pl/artykul/956150,1158933-NIK--Wybory-w-2015-tez-zagrozone.html

(warning: links autoplay voice clips)

Also, among the people arrested during the occupation of the headquarters of National Electoral Commission there are two journalists. One from the TV Republika who strongly sympathizes with the occupiers... and one photographer of Polish Press Agency who apparently didn't leave the building quick enough. To reiterate - Polish police arrest an employee of the Polish state press agency during performing his duties.

Both arrested journalists were tried in the accelerated mode for illegal trespassing. The trial has been postponed until Tuesday.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gantolandon posted:

Also, among the people arrested during the occupation of the headquarters of National Electoral Commission there are two journalists. One from the TV Republika who strongly sympathizes with the occupiers... and one photographer of Polish Press Agency who apparently didn't leave the building quick enough. To reiterate - Polish police arrest an employee of the Polish state press agency during performing his duties.

Both arrested journalists were tried in the accelerated mode for illegal trespassing. The trial has been postponed until Tuesday.
State employees trying state employee for doing it's job for state. :ironicat:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nothing about the plane in the interview?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

katlington posted:

Nothing about the plane in the interview?
Nothing, if you mean interview with Girkin on Zavtra newspaper.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

An executive producer of Russia Today committed suicide. He was hanged with his own belt and left no suicide note.

http://lifenews.ru/news/145523

quote:

Journalist killed himself in Moscow. According to law enforcement sources, a man was found in the bathroom of his relatives.

Producer hanged on heating pipes, according to preliminary data on the trouser belt. According to sources in the law enforcement bodies of Moscow, a suicide note Kostylev not leave. According to relatives, recently a man was depressed depression.

The main producer of RIA "News" and then MIA "Russia Today" It was cooled in July last year. His duties included "removal of media assets within the group, to a new level, creating a modern special projects for the Sochi Olympics, promotion and development media holding special projects in the international arena. " Prior to this journalist worked with many publications and has held senior positions in a number of online media.

Some Russia official stated that the Estonian government unilaterally set their border with Russia, so Russia has no legal obligation to recognize it.

http://tvi.ua/new/2014/11/21/rosiya_vidmovlyayetsya_vyznavaty_kordony_estoniyi

quote:

For, does not matter demarcation of the border, installed Estonia.

This was stated by Chairman of the Department of Press and Information of the MFA of Russia Alexander Lukashevich.

He said that the unilateral demarcation of the state border from Estonia has no legal values ​​for RF.

"The demarcation of the border, made unilaterally, is not in accordance with international law, legal values ​​for neighboring states" - Lukashevich warned.

Meanwhile, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman justified reluctance of Russia to cooperate in determining the border with Estonia "Tallinn unfriendly policies in bilateral relations."

Recall: Ukraine also hold a unilateral demarcation of the border with Russia .

Anti-Putin rally in Moscow today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcYveOIjh-A

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Some Russia official stated that the Estonian government unilaterally set their border with Russia, so Russia has no legal obligation to recognize it.

Probably something to do with us clearing the border area of vegetation to better spot illegal border crossing, they're working 24/7 (mostly because the harvesters are expensive). Obviously no-one thought of that in last 23 years, but the kidnapping of our agent set that in motion. The politicians can not possibly leave the impression that they are not doing anything. Even brought out new Walther pistols to replace border guard's ancient Makarov pistols. Which I suppose is some sort of progress.

Of course our incompetent politicians are the ones responsible for merging border guard with the police 5 years ago, which I think was quite a mistake because they no longer carry automatic rifles and their numbers are not bolstered with conscripts, and instead are supposed to rely on cameras and sensors. Supposedly they have MP5s stored somewhere, but that's still disadvantageous compared to having automatic rifles.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Apparently the new Ukrainian government intends to seek NATO membership (as expected, I suppose). I think that might just give this crisis a brand new spark and reignite it. NATO will probably just gently turn the application down though, both since Russia probably wouldn't calmly watch as the accession took place and since, well, new members genuinely are not allowed to have border/territory disputes. Or rather they won't turn it down but will keep the application in a state of "Negotiations will continue" for the future.

3peat
May 6, 2010

Romanian presidential results map by county

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Fabulous Knight posted:

Apparently the new Ukrainian government intends to seek NATO membership (as expected, I suppose). I think that might just give this crisis a brand new spark and reignite it. NATO will probably just gently turn the application down though, both since Russia probably wouldn't calmly watch as the accession took place and since, well, new members genuinely are not allowed to have border/territory disputes. Or rather they won't turn it down but will keep the application in a state of "Negotiations will continue" for the future.

I don't think anyone in the Ukrainian government presumes it to be anything more than a formal declaration of intent and another public snub to Putin. Both EU and NATO membership are impossibilities in the near or medium term because of the limp state of the Ukrainian economy and its border war.

This declaration is mostly intended to provoke a positive domestic response and encourage further European assistance. Poroshenko's most powerful tool is to bring the European community to his aid, and he seems to be doing an admirable job.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Fabulous Knight posted:

I think Europe and The US know better than to even consider it.

Russia is now banning meat imports from Belarus, claiming there are safety issues, and Belarus is importing inferior meat from Canada for their products.

http://tass.ru/ekonomika/1588803

quote:

Rosselkhoznadzor banned the import of products from nine Belarusian meat plants.

Rosselkhoznadzor banned the import of products from nine Belarusian meat plants due to its claims of safety. This was the head of the agency TASS Sergey Dankvert. "Limiting takes effect from 24 November 2014," - he said.

The decision to ban was made on the results of a large-scale monitoring of Belarus finished products coming to Russia. "We're a month ago, these results have already sent Belarusian colleagues," - said the head of Rosselkhoznadzor.

Dankvert noted that the agency has no claim to the other domestic producers of meat products, but expressed confidence that they will be eliminated in the process of interaction with the Belarusian veterinary service.

The head of the agency suggested that the sharp drop in product quality due to the fact that the Belarusian manufacturers use cheap raw materials purchased in Canada.

Monitoring Rosselkhoznadzor revealed a high content of production of antibiotics, salmonella, listeria, in turn, refined head of the international cooperation department Darin Isakov.

According to her, the restrictions apply such enterprises as "Inco-Food," "Grandma's Jug", "Bialowieza delicatessen", "Berezovsky meat-packing plant", "Gomel meat plant", "AK Dzerzhinsky", "Smolevichevskaya broiler poultry factory" and the company "Servo Suite ".

However, Rosselhoznadzor prepared an order prohibiting the transit of products from Belarus to Kazakhstan without Russian inspection.

"Permitted to transit the Russian Federation only product that has passed through the checkpoints on the Russian border," - said the head of the service.

This is caused by the need to identify a large number of smuggling podsanktsionnyh products through this channel, he said. The corresponding order department will publish soon, Dankvert added.

The head of the Russian veterinary service said that under the guise of products to Kazakhstan from Belarus to Russia I stop the loaded wagon, but the ultimate goal of loads and do not reach. Such a channel of supply of frozen meat European
Rosselhoznadzor revealed in autumn 2014, the source said.

However, the order (of the prohibition of transit products from Belarus to Kazakhstan without Russian inspection - approx. Ed.) Does not mean a complete ban on transit from Belarus to Kazakhstan on Russian territory. "If you go to Kazakhstan apples, they must pass through checkpoints on the Russian border, for example, in Bryansk or Pskov", - concluded the head of Rosselkhoznadzor

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 22, 2014

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Hello again old friends.

The entire Polish Electoral Committee resigned tonight effective immediately following the results of the second round of local elections (Nov 30 if all goes as planned which it won't). This whole thing has been an absolute catastrophe. In addition to the aforementioned computer program written by a 19 year old the government apparently did a very poor job explaining how the new electoral booklet system works leading to the invalidation of up to 27% of votes in some regions. While there is no legal provision for invalidating the election and calling a new one something like this is absolutely unacceptable in a modern, stable democracy. I don't think its as nefarious as some are portraying it, calling it obvious electoral fraud and a stolen election, but it certainly is gross incompetence which is not much better.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

A Pale Horse posted:

Hello again old friends.

The entire Polish Electoral Committee resigned tonight effective immediately following the results of the second round of local elections (Nov 30 if all goes as planned which it won't). This whole thing has been an absolute catastrophe. In addition to the aforementioned computer program written by a 19 year old the government apparently did a very poor job explaining how the new electoral booklet system works leading to the invalidation of up to 27% of votes in some regions. While there is no legal provision for invalidating the election and calling a new one something like this is absolutely unacceptable in a modern, stable democracy. I don't think its as nefarious as some are portraying it, calling it obvious electoral fraud and a stolen election, but it certainly is gross incompetence which is not much better.

I'm going to take a wild guess that your national assembly has a habit of chronically under-funding your electoral commission?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'm going to take a wild guess that your national assembly has a habit of chronically under-funding your electoral commission?

No, not at all, at least not that I've heard. They don't even have that excuse to fall back on. They just completely dropped the ball on this. I don't know if they didn't send out enough public service TV spots about the voting changes this year or if the spots weren't clear enough (though they seemed pretty clear to me) or what the issue is, having to invalidate 27% of votes because people didn't fill the ballots out correctly is indicative of some level of failure on the part of the government. Again, I don't think it was intentional or nefarious, just completely incompetent.

fake edit; I just looked it up and its actually up to 40% invalid votes in some electoral precincts. :psyduck:

real edit: I should also mention that there have been some attempts at small scale electoral fraud as well including ballot box stuffing and vote buying but they've been small scale and discovered by the appropriate authorities.

A Pale Horse fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 22, 2014

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

Sorry I meant to say I hope that the police use maximum force and kill or maim a bunch of innocent people, thus paving a way for a proletarian uprising and socialist utopia

also here's a stupid take
---------------------------->

Russia is now banning meat imports from Belarus, claiming there are safety issues, and Belarus is importing inferior meat from Canada for their products.

So the Russians are accusing Belarus and Canada by proxy of mass producing low quality goods while simultaneously trying to increase trade with China?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pfffft, our meat is the finest of meats. :dong:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hey now, we have it straight from Batka that there's no toilet paper in their sausages.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

A Pale Horse posted:

No, not at all, at least not that I've heard. They don't even have that excuse to fall back on.

Actually, a few months ago, they had changed the subcontractor for the computer systems handling the election (because the old company produced the results with delays steadily growing with every election, going up to several hours), but only received between 0,8 mln and 1 mln PLN for that purpose every year, which, from what I understand, is way less than needed for that purpose.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Tevery Best posted:

Actually, a few months ago, they had changed the subcontractor for the computer systems handling the election (because the old company produced the results with delays steadily growing with every election, going up to several hours), but only received between 0,8 mln and 1 mln PLN for that purpose every year, which, from what I understand, is way less than needed for that purpose.

Fair enough, I hadn't heard that before. I still don't think they're chronically underfunded because the previous five or six elections have gone pretty much without a hitch and I haven't heard of cuts to the election budget this go around that would excuse what we've been seeing.

As an aside one thing that made me happy was just how poorly KNP and SLD did. KNP for obvious reasons but SLD because maybe they'll finally move on from Miller and the rest of his cronies and try to actually become a viable voting alternative to PO rather than a rudderless, sinking post communist barge of a party (lol, probably not though).

I didn't vote in these elections because my residency is registered in a different place than I live and I'm not traveling 60 km to vote for people who don't actually have any impact on my life but the candidate I would have supported looks like he's going to win in the second round for city president and PO carried both the city council and the Sejmik of the Wojewodztwo I live in so I'm reasonably pleased.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

A Pale Horse posted:

No, not at all, at least not that I've heard. They don't even have that excuse to fall back on. They just completely dropped the ball on this. I don't know if they didn't send out enough public service TV spots about the voting changes this year or if the spots weren't clear enough (though they seemed pretty clear to me) or what the issue is, having to invalidate 27% of votes because people didn't fill the ballots out correctly is indicative of some level of failure on the part of the government. Again, I don't think it was intentional or nefarious, just completely incompetent.

fake edit; I just looked it up and its actually up to 40% invalid votes in some electoral precincts. :psyduck:

real edit: I should also mention that there have been some attempts at small scale electoral fraud as well including ballot box stuffing and vote buying but they've been small scale and discovered by the appropriate authorities.

Amusingly enough, I would have actually found it credible if Russia or Russias script kiddy brigades were accused to be having done a hack (simply disruptive, without attempts of actual manipulation) based on a certain someones love of creative trolling.

I am still shocked that noone has blamed Russia yet.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Are there any trustworthy English articles about the "voting catastrophe" in Poland? I cannot find ones citing "a 19-year-old" supposedly being responsible about a part of the voting system, either.

I did a quick search on my nation's media and Poland's elections are completely void of any mention.

edit: I mean, I did find articles about it in English but they were lousy and only described a very small, most recent part of the entire thing.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 22, 2014

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Dessel posted:

Are there any trustworthy English articles about the "voting catastrophe" in Poland? I cannot find ones citing "a 19-year-old" supposedly being responsible about a part of the voting system, either.

I did a quick search on my nation's media and Poland's elections are completely void of any mention.

There's not much detail in the English speaking media that I've seen other than broad overview articles like this:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-11-19/polish-opposition-calls-for-local-vote-rerun-after-tally-glitch

And I was being slightly hyperbolic about the 19 year old. A student is who designed the system so she may have been up to 26 years old assuming a traditional age student doing a post graduate degree. Still the point is that maybe asking a single student to design and program the electoral counting program for the entire country may not have been the best idea.

In RE Mightypeon:

There's no reason to blame the Russians, the program was so evidently terrible that it seems the average script kiddie could have broken it like a porcelain egg within 20 minutes and there's plenty of internal, shall we say "dissenters" who have much more motivation to gently caress with local elections than Russians.

edit: for people interested in Poland news in English I found this site from national broadcaster Polish Radio that's completely in English and also has Russian and German services:

http://thenews.pl/

A Pale Horse fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Showing up in Russian supermarkets: Belarusian "roquefort" and "gruyere" cheeses.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205162663455639&set=a.2443312531638.135313.1516606334&type=1

quote:

So here you are - the triumphant rise of the domestic food industry, which we oppose evil sankktsiyam, Merkel to spite their own hands by cutting off the ears of the consumer range. Belarusian Roquefort called "Roquefort". Belarusian Gruyere adopted the nickname "gryuytser." The Russian peasant cheesemaker, as always triumphant, wood-sledge updates on the way to the beach gently caress. UPDATE: cheeses themselves, incidentally, quite edible. Gryuytser even tasty, perhaps. Although the originals, under which they mow, no relation.

• Locked thread