Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

What does the letter say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Guess what rear end in a top hat, not only is the relationship between diet and health something taught in medical school and heavily emphasized by doctors, but it's also something that has been extensively studied by...medical doctors. And a Mediterranean diet is more effective than a vegetarian diet for reducing CV mortality. And Doctors aren't the ones lobbying to shove cheap sugar calories into every item on the grocery shelves, that's the corn farmers and big food manufacturers. And go gently caress yourself Wiley.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tunicate posted:

I'm guessing something along the lines of "have this paperwork done over the weekend."

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

RolandTower posted:

Guess what rear end in a top hat, not only is the relationship between diet and health something taught in medical school and heavily emphasized by doctors, but it's also something that has been extensively studied by...medical doctors. And a Mediterranean diet is more effective than a vegetarian diet for reducing CV mortality. And Doctors aren't the ones lobbying to shove cheap sugar calories into every item on the grocery shelves, that's the corn farmers and big food manufacturers. And go gently caress yourself Wiley.

Yeah, Non Sequitur is usually really awful (and at best is a Calvin and Hobbes rip-off that misses the point), but this week has been especially intolerable.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am beyond tired of seeing that loving hideous dog statue in Zippy

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

I am beyond tired of seeing that loving hideous dog statue in Zippy

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Wait, if second guy is suspicious because he's wearing long sleeves on a blazing hot day, what about fourth guy, who's wearing long pants?

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

What about the guy ineffectually hiding two broken legs in a shallow pool of water?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Ugh, I translated this a week ago so I forgot there was text I couldn't edit.

"Please do this tomorrow instead of me~"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

DoubleDonut posted:

Yeah, Non Sequitur is usually really awful (and at best is a Calvin and Hobbes rip-off that misses the point), but this week has been especially intolerable.

I remember it as a silly gag-a-day strip way back and I remember liking it a lot. Then became all about this family and his stupid opinions on "those stupid lawyers look how stupid they are!" and "those government clowns look how silly they are!" and "those idiot execs in big business look at them being idiots!" and whatever bullshit and I pretty much can't stand it at all anymore.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke must be a charter member of the Obtuse Smut Society.

Pibgorn

This isn't exactly what the readers meant when they demanded to see the end of Pibgorn.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke must be a charter member of the Obtuse Smut Society.
Actually, Chancellor of the German Reich is an appointed position you facile French twat :smugissar:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

While you're waiting for IT to bring in your new computer, clean your loving desk!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Calaveron posted:

I am beyond tired of seeing that loving hideous comic Zippy

Ftfy

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Hah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-t8PngHgWY

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 17, 1927)

Peanuts (November 25, 1967, and dammit if it isn't still true.) :smug:

Funky Winkerbean gets the twin bathtubs ready.

Popeye

Rip Haywire breaks the news to Grandpa.

Out Our Way (February 5-6, 1926)

I hope I never get tired of Williams showing a horse in action, because I get the feeling we've got plenty of them in our immediate future.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set makes a little go a long way.

Working Daze just needs a laugh track.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Here we go folks, your saturday dose of Shamelessly stolen gimmick comix

Cul-de-sac

Heathcliff

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I've never been so interested in Mandrake before. It's hilarious.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

:supaburn: NOBODY BANGS MY MOM BUT ME!!

I'm reminded of when my widowed aunt finally decided to start dating again and her then-teenaged daughter got in a big huge snit about it. My aunt eventually broke up with the guy to keep the peace in her house. To my knowledge, she hasn't dated anybody since. My point is that while my cousin's behavior was definitely stupid and selfish, it also took place when she was maybe 12-14 years old. It doesn't excuse it, but it at least explains it a little since this is often a stupid and selfish age. Gunther is an adult who doesn't even live with his mom anymore (for now). He is also an enormous twat.

Apartment 3-G

I guess Bolle felt it would be logical for them to each pull up a chair for the second panel.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Newspaper Petey always gets so pissed when his wife finds work.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

This is going to be one of those "Pipe Organ of Doom That Will Break The Earth Into Pieces" stories isn't it?

Non Sequitur

:sigh:

Heavenly Nostrils

:)

Huh. Somehow today's was posted on Gocomics yesterday, so here's yesterday's 9 Chickweed Lane 11/21/2003 today. Not that anyone really cares, but whatever, I'm doing my job. :v:

I mean, there are nerds, and then there are nerds that perform far beyond their specifications... and then there is Amos.

Zits

You two just need to head over the the Funky Winkerbean place. They have them all the time.

Kevin & Kell

Christ, Holbrook.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I mean, there are nerds, and then there are nerds that perform far beyond their specifications... and then there is Amos.

Laugh all you want, but someday that boy will be banged by a Burber in a balloon over Brussels.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

You two just need to head over the the Funky Winkerbean place. They have them all the time.

Any other comic and this would be goofy and silly, but Sara's been shown time and again to represent 'those darn females' so this strip just annoys the heck out of me.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Howard Beale posted:

Laugh all you want, but someday that boy will be banged by a Burber in a balloon over Brussels.

... you sound like Brooke. I'm so terribly sorry.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Grilox posted:

Any other comic and this would be goofy and silly, but Sara's been shown time and again to represent 'those darn females' so this strip just annoys the heck out of me.

While I think I actually agree with their point - that I may very well be inventing whole cloth - about how there's this bizarre and sometimes hard to understand pop culture fascination with romance situations that you literally would not want to go through in real life (e.g. someone in the relationship has cancer), it is really hard to not read that strip as :biotruths:.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Parahexavoctal posted:

Brooke would never say "banged." It's only one syllable.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

SomeMathGuy posted:

While I think I actually agree with their point - that I may very well be inventing whole cloth - about how there's this bizarre and sometimes hard to understand pop culture fascination with romance situations that you literally would not want to go through in real life (e.g. someone in the relationship has cancer), it is really hard to not read that strip as :biotruths:.

Goddamnit, serious comic strip "Zits", why must you support the patriarchy! :argh:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Parahexavoctal posted:

b-but I was going for Stephan Pastis :negative:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Brooke would never say "banged." It's only one syllable.

Didn't he use boinked? I may be having a fever dream.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Howard Beale posted:

Personally, I :golfclap:ed. Nicely executed.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

It's going to be Luciphor...known as Cobra

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Howard Beale posted:

Nah man, the balloon was full of tourists with international-level broadcasting connections.

MOTHER, I PICKED UP A SATELLITE BROADCAST FROM BRUSSELS

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That balloon looks like a death trap.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Nah man, the balloon was full of tourists with international-level broadcasting connections.

So what you're saying is actually that the boy banged a Burber in Brussels by a balloonful of binocular-bearing broadcasters?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Howard Beale posted:

So what you're saying is actually that the boy banged a Burber in Brussels by a balloonful of binocular-bearing broadcasters?

And the Burber babe's banging blocked the boy's belly burbles.

God drat, my life... :suicide:

Peanuts: Year Two (November 5-7, 1951)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Tomorrow's my Pogo dailies catchup day. Is everybody thrilled?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County shows off its collection of big-headed kids.

Calvin And Hobbes air-brushed on the side of vans.

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Terry Erwin is the Stephan Pastis of the Smithsonian. Not because of the puns, but because other entomologists constantly reference him in their work.

• Locked thread