Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Shadowgate is the new daily deal. Did the update it received a month or so back make it a bit easier to manage/add some quality of life stuff to it? The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is I'm a bit leery of it being too true to some of the original's design features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Sivek posted:

Shadowgate is the new daily deal. Did the update it received a month or so back make it a bit easier to manage/add some quality of life stuff to it? The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is I'm a bit leery of it being too true to some of the original's design features.

It also includes two versions of the original. And Deja Vu now.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Luisfe posted:

It also includes two versions of the original. And Deja Vu now.

drat, that's pretty cool, just going to buy it now in support of doing this sort of thing.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Always Sometimes Monsters:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=2PhDZbYTPGvSXXrk

And of course more Insurgency:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=7D5xHkUztte2nzD4

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕sÌ¡cŗeamßiàngÞ ØskÃÂuÌ¢l̨l iÌ¡s yÃÂoáųr oánßlÞy âcomp̛aniÌ¡oÞnÃÂ

Thanks duder B)

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."

Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kin posted:

So how does this G2A site work?

It's a kind of marketplace thing. The front page prices are usually advertising the copies sold by G2A directly, but when these run out, it will still work as a marketplace (like Amazon) and let you buy from marketplace sellers. Sometimes the marketplace sellers are cheaper, sometimes they're more expensive, the only real difference is that there's an optional surcharge for G2A to act as guarantor in case the seller sends you a faulty key and fails to issue a refund/new key when you buy from a marketplace seller.

I've used it a bunch of times and never had any issues with it, whether buying Steam games or Diablo 3/Reaper of Souls.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The new Muppets game is looking a bit dreary.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sivek posted:

Thank you for letting me know, bought it right away. I never got to play the original mac/apple II versions of Shadowgate and Déjà Vu, nor have I checked out the new remake, so this is awesome, especially for $15 (special edition).

Would have paid more if Uninvited were included, though. Why no love for that game?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Thank you for letting me know, bought it right away. I never got to play the original mac/apple II versions of Shadowgate and Déjà Vu, nor have I checked out the new remake, so this is awesome, especially for $15 (special edition).

Would have paid more if Uninvited were included, though. Why no love for that game?

Because it was pretty awful and random. I watched a full play thru of Uninvited and it looks like the worse of them.

Deja Vu was awesome. Not many games will let you use a gun as a universal lock pick.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's a kind of marketplace thing. The front page prices are usually advertising the copies sold by G2A directly, but when these run out, it will still work as a marketplace (like Amazon) and let you buy from marketplace sellers. Sometimes the marketplace sellers are cheaper, sometimes they're more expensive, the only real difference is that there's an optional surcharge for G2A to act as guarantor in case the seller sends you a faulty key and fails to issue a refund/new key when you buy from a marketplace seller.

I've used it a bunch of times and never had any issues with it, whether buying Steam games or Diablo 3/Reaper of Souls.

Cool, i got the impression it was something like that and i suppose that guarantor thing is a good thing to take when dealing with a marketplace seller in case it's someone trying to rip you off.

Still, their site layout is a bit hosed. I did a search for Lego batman 3 and yet another page came up for it but it was the normal non-discount price.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Speaking of G2A, its selling Vanishing of Ethan Carter for $9.31 for its weekly PayPal sale which makes it the cheapest its been right now.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 22, 2014

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Yeah, i grabbed that too. Their paypal deals had stuff for watch dogs before it "sold out" but it was for uplay only i think, so screw that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Accordion Man posted:

Speaking of G2A, its selling Vanishing of Ethan Carter for $9.31 for its weekly PayPal sale which makes it the cheapest its been right now.

drat, that's tempting. I remember there was some pretty positive talk when it came out. Is it worth it at that price? Looks amazing but does it play as well as it looks?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Xaris posted:

drat, that's tempting. I remember there was some pretty positive talk when it came out. Is it worth it at that price? Looks amazing but does it play as well as it looks?
It's got its flaws, gameplay-wise it can be rather obtuse, there is no manual saving, and the game world is rather too big for its own good and writing-wise its rather barebones and not all that memorable but I enjoyed it at full price. So yeah, if you like narrative driven exploration games Ethan Carter is very much worth ten bucks.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Don't remember seeing any confirmation on this in the thread, though I so skim a lot when I'm 10 pages behind, but dates for a Steam Fall sale mentioned in an email from Paypal.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You choose cheer :crossarms:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBjPE8CMnOI

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Gabriel Knight is a cool dude.

I still love GK2 despite and because of its 90's cheese.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Malek posted:

Because it was pretty awful and random. I watched a full play thru of Uninvited and it looks like the worse of them.

Deja Vu was awesome. Not many games will let you use a gun as a universal lock pick.

Blasphemy, there are more bullshit puzzles in Deja Vu than Uninvited.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

http://www.zojoi.com/retrouninvited/
It's not included in the purchase incentive, but it is on sale, so if you want to throw $3 more at them, it's the same deal of Mac/Apple IIgs versions for The Uninvited.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Literal Carehaver posted:

mordheim showed up on my steam thingy and i looked at it and now i have an enormous erection

http://store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
I want this to be good very, very badly.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Kin posted:

Aaaaand lego batman 3 apparently has lovely gamepad support.

Like, won't detect your gamepad level of lovely support. I've got a wired DS3 controller hooked up with Better DS3 and it's not picking it up in xbox mode, although some people have said that you have to set a controller to direct input mode or somethign tog et it to work.

What? No it doesn't. You just need to use tools that aren't poo poo (hint: if your tools rely on MotionInJoy, they are poo poo). I'm using a PS3 controller to play it myself and have been from day one. Upgrade.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Blasphemy, there are more bullshit puzzles in Deja Vu than Uninvited.

Such as? Deja Vu's puzzles made more sense to me than uninvited ever would.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

What? No it doesn't. You just need to use tools that aren't poo poo (hint: if your tools rely on MotionInJoy, they are poo poo). I'm using a PS3 controller to play it myself and have been from day one. Upgrade.

i use better ds3 exclusively because i like the interface and all the profile options and poo poo. does this also offer that nice stuff?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When did Uplay include a linking feature to Steam accounts? That's really awesome if it means that my game will just launch when I push Play in Steam instead of launching Uplay instead and making me launch it from there. I've never seen the option before.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Jerusalem posted:

When did Uplay include a linking feature to Steam accounts? That's really awesome if it means that my game will just launch when I push Play in Steam instead of launching Uplay instead and making me launch it from there. I've never seen the option before.

This is something I'm having trouble doing. I wouldn't recommend worrying about it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

How is Divinity Original Sin? Is it worth paying full price for now or should I wait for the sales in a month?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Malek posted:

Such as? Deja Vu's puzzles made more sense to me than uninvited ever would.

Sorry, what I meant was that, if memory serves correctly, there were more can't-go-back dead ends in Deja Vu than Uninvited. As for the puzzle logic, well, there was magic involved, you see.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

BigRed0427 posted:

How is Divinity Original Sin? Is it worth paying full price for now or should I wait for the sales in a month?

Really good but runs out of steam around the 70% mark. It's worth it but grab a copy from this dude for $22: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599565

:frogsiren: DO NOT BUY THE DLC, IT SUCKS AND YOU'LL NEVER USE IT :frogsiren:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Yes it does.

edit: I fixed it by manually mapping the buttons in game. It's a problem with Lego Batman 3, not motioninjoy.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Sorry, what I meant was that, if memory serves correctly, there were more can't-go-back dead ends in Deja Vu than Uninvited. As for the puzzle logic, well, there was magic involved, you see.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

The Joe Man posted:

Really good but runs out of steam around the 70% mark. It's worth it but grab a copy from this dude for $22: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599565

:frogsiren: DO NOT BUY THE DLC, IT SUCKS AND YOU'LL NEVER USE IT :frogsiren:

Make sure to get the free dlc before you start, though. It adds a couple of optional party members and it will not work with games already in progress.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Didn't finish it, but I played it for many hours and really enjoyed it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Accordion Man posted:

Gabriel Knight is a cool dude.

I still love GK2 despite and because of its 90's cheese.

I like the ending, complete with fully staged werewolf opera. FMV games :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh 'Scarelett O' Hellno". :allears:

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Is this from an alternative universe where Jesus rose from the dead after 3 years instead of 3 days?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So the Elven Legacy games are 1.25 each on the Bundlestars store. I remember hearing that one of them was hands down the best but does anyone know which one it is?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

saucerman posted:

Is this from an alternative universe where Jesus rose from the dead after 3 years instead of 3 days?

IT'S A SAD FATE YOUR STORY ENDS HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Testekill posted:

So the Elven Legacy games are 1.25 each on the Bundlestars store. I remember hearing that one of them was hands down the best but does anyone know which one it is?

There's only one Elven Legacy game the other games are DLC. The quality of the DLC I couldn't tell you.

• Locked thread