Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mike Toole posted:

Oh, I remember that well. We were sad and worried, then went home and made a thrilling comeback in the return leg to win the series 3-2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZEIFtPk4pc

Metro's never had our number in the playoffs. On the other hand, they have had our number during this past regular season. Gonna be an interesting pair of games.

Sorry, I was only at the home leg so whatever else happened lalalalalalalalala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
not playoff related but gently caress YES

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/11/18/krafts-exploring-soccer-stadium-boston/s7p5krvDeH1J7UgjlEIFtM/story.html

gently caress you robert kraft build us a new stadium goddamnit

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
New series to be introduced for 2015:

The NE Revolution v DC United "Empty SSS Promises Cup."

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
I'm probably just being naive, but this news feels different, with leaked renderings, a credible site, and comments by the mayor. I've sat and watched all the talk of Revere and Somerville evaporate, and that just made me believe that the team had to be looking for a piece of land in the city. Looks like I was right about that.

The Frontage Road site is kind of oddly-situated (I think it's closest to Andrew Square on the T?) but it sits right next to the route 93 corridor into Boston. Just getting the stadium in a location where tens of thousands would see it every day would be pretty cool. And while it'd be a slightly longer haul than Assembly Square, Hoover and I could still ride our bikes over to this site on matchdays.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I am cautiously optimistic about this stadium news. I shouldn't be, but I am.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Mike Toole posted:

I'm probably just being naive, but this news feels different, with leaked renderings, a credible site, and comments by the mayor. I've sat and watched all the talk of Revere and Somerville evaporate, and that just made me believe that the team had to be looking for a piece of land in the city. Looks like I was right about that.

The Frontage Road site is kind of oddly-situated (I think it's closest to Andrew Square on the T?) but it sits right next to the route 93 corridor into Boston. Just getting the stadium in a location where tens of thousands would see it every day would be pretty cool. And while it'd be a slightly longer haul than Assembly Square, Hoover and I could still ride our bikes over to this site on matchdays.

That's my take; will be happy to be proved wrong.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
1,150 Revolution fans are going to be bussed to the NY game tomorrow. Talk about a loving away supporter section, that's practically the entire Fort on a good day times three

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

13 year old girls posted:

1,150 Revolution fans are going to be bussed to the NY game tomorrow. Talk about a loving away supporter section, that's practically the entire Fort on a good day times three

It's actually easier to get to jersey than it is to get to foxboro so this makes sense.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
revs fans just want to watch the game in a real arena, shame theyll have to watch their team lose after crowding in like that

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I am going to be in Manhattan tomorrow but am not going to the game, where should I go to watch the Revs score four more away goals

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fat greasy puto posted:

revs fans just want to watch the game in a real arena, shame theyll have to watch their team lose after crowding in like that

This! And I'll be there shitfaced to watch it all.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Popero posted:

I am going to be in Manhattan tomorrow but am not going to the game, where should I go to watch the Revs score four more away goals

theres some real bad sports bars, one on 33rd and 5th and one at 13th and hudson.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Popero posted:

Try these maybe: http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/pubpartners

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

New England will score three away and then Henry will be forced to play on the lovely turf at Gillette and he'll quit in a rage.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

New England will score three away and then Henry will be forced to play on the lovely turf at Gillette and he'll quit in a rage.

They won't!

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

ill bet you one (1) week of having to use the av (you know the one) on this tie and i will take the red bulls

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

ill bet you one (1) week of having to use the av (you know the one) on this tie and i will take the red bulls

lol this is good, I'm in.

I realize I lose in both cases since I'll have to look at it either way.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I'll :toxx: my username and title to anyone's choice that the Revs will win against NYRB tomorrow. If I lose (tie or loss), you can humiliate me anyway you want.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
as someone who works outside in manhattan all day i can count on one hand the amount of people wearing nyrb gear ive seen ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes, the only people that care live in jersey.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yes, the only people that care live in jersey.

id care too if i lived in montclair

what else is there to do

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Your Weird Uncle posted:

as someone who works outside in manhattan all day i can count on one hand the amount of people wearing nyrb gear ive seen ever

I saw a guy in Toronto wearing a Chivas USA shirt and I wasn't quite sure what to do

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

I saw a guy in Toronto wearing a Chivas USA shirt and I wasn't quite sure what to do

was it a confirmed chivas USA shirt or just a chivas shirt

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Your Weird Uncle posted:

was it a confirmed chivas USA shirt or just a chivas shirt

confirmed Chivas USA with the MLS boot logo and everything, believe me, I double checked

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I live 20 mins from Red Bull arena and have never seen Red Bulls apparel on a single person in my life. Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw a hat or something in a store.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
How does one get to Gillette; if say, one is going to be in Boston on the 29th anyway?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

WangNV posted:

How does one get to Gillette; if say, one is going to be in Boston on the 29th anyway?

Driving is literally the only way to get there.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

WangNV posted:

If you're like me, by spending literally three hours on the same exact stretch of straight highway

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
To get to Gillette you literally have to drive almost to the Rhode Island border and then park in front of a Bass Pro Shop.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
You don't have to park in front of a goddamn bass pro shop! you could park in front of the movie theatre instead, ok??

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

nice scheduling by mls to line todays game up at the same time as pats/lions. wonder if anyone but the traveling fans will be watching this in new england?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

nice scheduling by mls to line todays game up at the same time as pats/lions. wonder if anyone but the traveling fans will be watching this in new england?

The LA/SEA game is up against Seattle/Arizona (which is a huge huge game) as well as the Chargers and the Niners. The only way they could have planned this worse is if Oakland was playing too.

Combined with the two week break to completely lose the casual fan's interest, these playoffs could have even worse ratings than last year. And that's even with four really fun teams playing.

I can't stress enough how great it is that we don't have a single poo poo boring team in this.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

some good photos from NY

the waiting at the Providence bus stop:

Red Bull Arena decked out for all the Revs fans

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I hope all these shitheel teams lose.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

joshtothemaxx posted:

I hope all these shitheel teams lose.

I hate them all op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got some cold slices of leftover pizza and a big cup of :coffee: ready for the big game

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

davecrazy posted:

I live 20 mins from Red Bull arena and have never seen Red Bulls apparel on a single person in my life. Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw a hat or something in a store.

Red Bulls are a poo poo brand and logo. MetroStars was way cooler in all ways. I saw Big Tony and them lose an entertaining match at Arrowhead in '95 to whoever KC was called then too. I think the skill level nearly 20 years ago was pretty much equivalently the same as now, if that makes sense.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think the skill level nearly 20 years ago was pretty much equivalently the same as now, if that makes sense.

Nope

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

by 'equivalently' I mean that the rate of improvement is roughly the same as elsewhere, so the skill level is still as poo poo compared to other leagues as it was 20 years ago. Rather than the expected exponential leap in talent... Not worse poo poo, nor better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NE is going to score in thefirst five minutes probably, poo poo

• Locked thread