Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am allergic to fuzzy caterpillars. Not the normal creepy ones, the cute black and brown balls of fuzz. I can never hold one or else I break out in hives.

They're called Wooly Bear caterpillars and they sound so cute but to me they are only deadly :smith:

edit:

Look at this thing. "Hello friend I have come into your home like I do every spring so I can live here and also make your skin flake off like you are a molting snake"

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Grouchio posted:

cultural-intellectual icon
:shrug:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I am allergic to fuzzy caterpillars. Not the normal creepy ones, the cute black and brown balls of fuzz. I can never hold one or else I break out in hives.

They're called Wooly Bear caterpillars and they sound so cute but to me they are only deadly :smith:

edit:

Look at this thing. "Hello friend I have come into your home like I do every spring so I can live here and also make your skin flake off like you are a molting snake"

i touched a fuzzy caterpillar when i was 8. wouldn't recommend it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Grouchio posted:

blah blah blah
Hi, Welcome to the SBF thread please do not creep on Matt please.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt,

So when I was 8 years old my mom had custody of me. We lived on this lowrent culdesac, and one day I decided to knock on my neighbors door to see if my video game friend could hang out. They had a bush right next to their porch door, and all of a sudden bees starting attacking me from the bush. I got stung multiple times and it was extremely painful. At the time I wasn't allergic to bees, but I eventually became allergic. I recall a video where you made fun of people being allergic to bees, and I didn't want to bring it up.... but since the topic is here, I want your public apology on bee alergists.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Realtalk that is the sickest petting zoo of all time in the Woolie video.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Roobanguy posted:

i touched a fuzzy caterpillar when i was 8. wouldn't recommend it.

Did you get dizzy?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im183n-GYOM

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

Much like the human Woolie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The word Wooly stopped being cute to me when I saw the person Woolie.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

woolie is moe as hell

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm glad liam reminded us all that snake is the best character.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

It's petty as gently caress, but I irrationally hate Brawl because 90% of the soundtrack is basically the Brawl theme remixed over and over and over. Not because it plays slower than Melee or the tripping; I hate it because it beats that loving theme into the ground and I was sick of it by the time the game came out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are you guys going to do anything with This War of Mine? It looks outstanding.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh man this Brawl video. I'm sorry Matt but for a short time Pat became the boss because of his appreciation of how great the Good King is.

Dedede is the best.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Did you get dizzy?

more like excruciating pain. it was real awkward being huddled on the floor of my friends house just crying while they tried to call my parents to pick me up.

dont touch that. it sucks.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 22, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It looks like Liam Neeson...

Took everybody out.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh and for the record Dedede ain't a villain. Only time he was is when he pigged out and ate everything and Kirby got pissed and got the food back. Everything that penguin does is him trying to play the part of hero in a extremely stupid way :v: 95% of the time he's either just being a jerk, or possessed by the ancient evil of the week.

Same with Meta Knight who just wants everyone to stop being so lazy and he just wants dreamland to be active. He's settled on matches with Kirby as "good enough" though it seems.

Said this cause y'know. It's super important. I'm sure this information will be useful one day.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Woolie's ghost hunt is the greatest thing this channel will produce

I'm sorry, matt

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Roobanguy posted:

more like excruciating pain. it was real awkward being huddled on the floor of my friends house just crying while they tried to call my parents to pick me up.

dont touch that. it sucks.

Puss moth caterpillar. Extremely painful toxic spines that look like soft fur. Wooly bears are similar though not really toxic, the hairs can still irritate the skin of some people.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That thing looks like Kaz Miller's haircut grew legs and ran away! And became poisonous! That is not the kind of fuzzy caterpillar I was talking about! :gonk:

edit: In fact making that joke reminded me that I have Kaz_achieves_90%_camo_index.jpg in my Pictures folder:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Caterpillar talk: Whenever someone says "fuzzy caterpillar", I automatically think of this:

The pictures above look like a normal fuzzy caterpillar fell into a can of nuclear waste and morphed into some kind of twisted nightmare.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Do not even ask posted:

It's petty as gently caress, but I irrationally hate Brawl because 90% of the soundtrack is basically the Brawl theme remixed over and over and over. Not because it plays slower than Melee or the tripping; I hate it because it beats that loving theme into the ground and I was sick of it by the time the game came out.

That's one of the reasons I personally love the soundtrack- I have an irrational adoration for leitmotifs.
Honestly, I think I like Brawl so much more than the others because I never had anyone to play against when I was a kid, so pretty much all games might as well have been single player only to me.

So, Smash 4 or Project M next week? Place your bets.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 22, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Charles Martel posted:

Caterpillar talk: Whenever someone says "fuzzy caterpillar", I automatically think of this:

The pictures above look like a normal fuzzy caterpillar fell into a can of nuclear waste and morphed into some kind of twisted nightmare.
Woolly Bears are awesome, and to most people are 100% harmless. I often find them hibernating in my basement doorframe or the basement itself.

They turn into fairly nondescript moths, but check out how loving badass Woolly Bears are:

quote:

The Isabella Tiger Moth (Pyrrharctia isabella) can be found in many cold regions, including the Arctic. The banded Woolly Bear larva emerges from the egg in the fall and overwinters in its caterpillar form, when it literally freezes solid. It survives being frozen by producing a cryoprotectant in its tissues. In the spring it thaws out and emerges to pupate. Once it emerges from its pupa as a moth it has only days to find a mate.

In most temperate climates, caterpillars become moths within months of hatching, but in the Arctic the summer period for vegetative growth – and hence feeding – is so short that the Woolly Bear must feed for several summers, freezing again each winter before finally pupating. Some are known to live through as many as 14 winters.
Meanwhile, the Puss Moth caterpillar does this:

quote:

The 'fur' of the larva contains venomous spines that cause extremely painful reactions in human skin upon contact. The reactions are sometimes localized to the affected area but are often very severe, radiating up a limb and causing burning, swelling, nausea, headache, abdominal distress, rashes, blisters, and sometimes chest pain, numbness, or difficulty breathing.[2] Additionally, it is not unusual to find sweating from the welts or hives at the site of the sting. Ironically, the resemblance of the larvae to soft, colorful cotton balls encourages people to pick them up and pet them.
But the Puss Moth itself is gorgeous(but still dangerous):

Sorry for bringing the thread into Critterquest territory, I'll stop now. :)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I was disappointed that I didn't see any ROB action in the Brawl video. Oh well, I'm sure that we'll see our Buddy in the inevitable 100% run Subspace Emissary LP that's surely coming, right?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Ruggington posted:

Woolie's ghost hunt is the greatest thing this channel will produce

I'm sorry, matt

No, you can thank me as well for that. Because I told woolie if he did not get footage of the suicide forest, that he should not come back from Japan at all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

No, you can thank me as well for that. Because I told woolie if he did not get footage of the suicide forest, that he should not come back from Japan at all.

Where would the channel be without you.

Edit: Part of me is hoping that next week is Playstation All Stars just to see what happens in youtube comments.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Holy gently caress, Liam in that Brawl video :stare:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit: Part of me is hoping that next week is Playstation All Stars just to see what happens in youtube comments.

Dear Matt,

Please make next week Playstation All Stars and get everyone to refer to it exclusively as Smash Wii U the entire time.

Thanks,
A Fan

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got PAS for free on PSN+ and that game is the Smash equivalent of those bad MK ripoffs we got in the 90s. Okay, maybe that's harsh, but it is super-bland.

EDIT: just watched the entire Brawl video and drat, Liam owns your souls after that one. The Ganon Dunk should be a channel highlight.

Dias fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 22, 2014

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rodyle posted:

Holy gently caress, Liam in that Brawl video :stare:

Pulling off the Ganon Dunk not just once, but twice. :stare:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
guys, if you haven't bought smash bros WiiU yet, please do. it's literally the best thing ever, ESPECIALLY 8 player smash.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

guys, if you haven't bought smash bros WiiU yet, please do. it's literally the best thing ever, ESPECIALLY 8 player smash.
This is not a empty quote

I can't wait for Liam on monday to complain about it not being melee though :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dexie posted:

Pulling off the Ganon Dunk not just once, but twice. :stare:

Dias posted:

I got PAS for free on PSN+ and that game is the Smash equivalent of those bad MK ripoffs we got in the 90s. Okay, maybe that's harsh, but it is super-bland.

EDIT: just watched the entire Brawl video and drat, Liam owns your souls after that one. The Ganon Dunk should be a channel highlight.
Normally Fisticuff is just a podcast for me but I was enthralled by this. I am convinced that if Items were on or just one other variable was different Liam would have won that 3v1.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is not a empty quote

I can't wait for Liam on monday to complain about it not being melee though :v:

Every person I was with in that 8 player smash all-nighter I was in was a rabid project M/Melee fan, ALL of them agreed that smash bros Wii U is the hypest poo poo and better than Melee at this point.

I cant even fathom the facepalm I'll make if liam still holds on to that Melee bullshit.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Duck Hunt is the best and if anybody hates Smash 4 they hate cool Dog and Duck tag teams.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Al-Saqr posted:

I cant even fathom the facepalm I'll make if liam still holds on to that Melee bullshit.

I'm preparing myself for that probable eventuality. I'm wearing a helmet all friday long.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

What a terrible thing, holding on to an opinion.

No, seriously. Dude likes Melee better, and as far as I'm aware Smash 4 doesn't really play like Melee. That doesn't mean he hates the game, he's just nitpicky about it - which is to be expected if you invested a lot of time in a franchise.

Rodyle posted:

Normally Fisticuff is just a podcast for me but I was enthralled by this. I am convinced that if Items were on or just one other variable was different Liam would have won that 3v1.

The best Fisticuffs are the ones where the Zaibatsu is mostly competent at the game being played. The Smash series was like that, and so was 3S.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
"No but I'm not hating on it it's amazing, it's fantastic, it's great, but I'm just going to stop playing it next week because it isn't Melee. BUT IT'S LIKE A 9.9 ON 10 I SWEAR BUT IT'S SO SOULLESS BUT IT'S GREAT BUT-"

I couldn't deal with Liam talking in circles every time the game came up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

For some reason the fact they let the turles just walk around in that zoo in Osaka bothers me.