Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Gann Jerrod posted:

Well played Mr. Hirsch:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Alex is a genius because he's part of the new generation of Internet savvy and fan based creators. Which means he can do amazing poo poo like this. He truly is Bill Cipher :allears:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The great thing is it probably affected very few kids, just spoiler-hungry internet dweebs like us :unsmith:.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Solaris Knight posted:

Alex is a genius because he's part of the new generation of Internet savvy and fan based creators. Which means he can do amazing poo poo like this. He truly is Bill Cipher :allears:
Just what I was thinking.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wait what was the "leak"?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TwoPair posted:

A clip of the person who made the books. Society of the Blind Eye covered the ground that the leak was suppposed to and it never came up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

TwoPair posted:

The leak was that Old Man McGucket wrote the journals.

Wow, that brilliant son of a bitch.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Gann Jerrod posted:

Well played Mr. Hirsch:

:stonk:

...I'm not even mad. I mean, that's committment right there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
... he did say "scrabdoodle" :(

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Solaris Knight posted:

It warms my heart to see people like Alex Hirsch using their net-savvy to troll the grimdark "WHOA what if Ed Edd N' Eddy are actually dead and in purgatory and Bobby is actually Bill's son and Dexter was just a figment of DeeDee's imagination the entire time?!" fan speculation instead of making it canon.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I'm wholly convinced Alex Hirsch is some kind of evil genius.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It warms my heart to see people like Alex Hirsch using their net-savvy to troll the grimdark "WHOA what if Ed Edd N' Eddy are actually dead and in purgatory and Bobby is actually Bill's son and Dexter was just a figment of DeeDee's imagination the entire time?!" fan speculation instead of making it canon.

Okay, I'll admit that I haven't watched any Ed Edd 'N Eddy or King of the Hill (?) and very little Dexter's Lab. Are these actual things?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
No, it's just fun thought experiments that some people obsess over (Read: nobody obsesses over them, they just get repeated over and over again across the internet).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What if it were all a dream? But, like, a bad dream? Dipper's in a coma, Mabel died of a heroin overdose. It makes sense...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SomeJazzyRat posted:

No, it's just fun thought experiments that some people obsess over (Read: nobody obsesses over them, they just get repeated over and over again across the internet).

Nah, the last episode revealed EE&E was three old men reminiscing about the days of their youth.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Nah, the last episode revealed EE&E was three old men reminiscing about the days of their youth.

Really? I never saw the last episode of that. That's pretty cool.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sorry, let me rephrase. "Are those actual theories that the fans have put forth?"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

What if it were all a dream? But, like, a bad dream? Dipper's in a coma, Mabel died of a heroin overdose. It makes sense...

If I were a less kind soul I would post that fan storyboard where Dipper's journal was blank the entire time and Mabel was a serial killer with amnesia and Waddles was possessed by the spirit of Gravity Falls.

Some Numbers posted:

Sorry, let me rephrase. "Are those actual theories that the fans have put forth?"

Friend, let me tell you about a magical place called TV Tropes...

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Some Numbers posted:

The "Main character is in a coma/actually dead/has a mental illness that makes them delusional (extra points if they slap on an illness that doesn't cause delusions)" fan theory has been applied to a sickening amount of cartoons, meaning more than zero. Like the infamous Foster's Home fancomic with the snowglobe. I like fan theories, fandom would be kinda boring without them. But theories like that require no imagination beyond "This is all one character's tragic delusion OH THE ANGST look at how grown-up and edgy this makes me look!" :barf:

I see it in so many fandoms because you can just fill in the blanks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Except Garfield really is dead

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Friend, let me tell you about a magical place called TV Tropes...
Yeah, I try to avoid that site. Sometimes I'm more successful than others.

How Ingratiating! posted:

The "Main character is in a coma/actually dead/has a mental illness that makes them delusional (extra points if they slap on an illness that doesn't cause delusions)" fan theory has been applied to a sickening amount of cartoons, meaning more than zero. Like the infamous Foster's Home fancomic with the snowglobe. I like fan theories, fandom would be kinda boring without them. But theories like that require no imagination beyond "This is all one character's tragic delusion OH THE ANGST look at how grown-up and edgy this makes me look!" :barf:

I see it in so many fandoms because you can just fill in the blanks.
Sure, I once read a huge essay about how Ash is in a coma and the entire Pokemon series is his coma dreams. I guess that's in the same category as "Squall is dead?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Sure, I once read a huge essay about how Ash is in a coma and the entire Pokemon series is his coma dreams. I guess that's in the same category as "Squall is dead?"

What kind of loser gets his rear end kicked in his own coma

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Pick posted:

What kind of loser gets his rear end kicked in his own coma

Squall, obviously.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Squall couldn't die because he had to save rinoa or else she couldn't live to become ultimecia and it would be a time paradox. There was a real crazy secret plotline, that was the opposite of "squall is dead".

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

How Ingratiating! posted:

Like the infamous Foster's Home fancomic with the snowglobe.

You know that was based on the actual ending to a real TV show, right?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah but so many people try to apply the St. Elsewhere ending to cartoons to try and make them grimdark instead of just letting them be what they are that it's annoying as hell and incredibly cliche. Not to take anything from the original, however, just that it's dumb to try and apply it to every interesting cartoon that comes around. Which people do, with alarming regularity.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wanna know if there is a coma theory for that show about the kid in a coma that sends him on adventures or whatever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ThermoPhysical posted:

Really? I never saw the last episode of that. That's pretty cool.
No that was an episode from one of the earlier seasons

The way EE & E really ends is in a movie where we meet Eddy's rear end in a top hat brother and everyone realizes why Eddy is the way that he is and then everyone becomes friends :unsmith:

skullamity
Nov 9, 2004

Light Gun Man posted:

I wanna know if there is a coma theory for that show about the kid in a coma that sends him on adventures or whatever.

The Odyssey? Or are there two weird kid in a coma kid shows? I forgot this show existed until I read your comment, not sure many other people will have heard of it because it's Canadian programming. I fondly remember it as 'that really boring show that comes on and then we change the channel to literally anything else.'

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

No that was an episode from one of the earlier seasons

The way EE & E really ends is in a movie where we meet Eddy's rear end in a top hat brother and everyone realizes why Eddy is the way that he is and then everyone becomes friends :unsmith:

I remember being a little surprised at the tone of the movie first time I saw it. There was always that sort of childish zaniness to all the fighting among the cul-de-sac kids, but Eddy's brother was pretty much just straight up abusive.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

raaaan posted:

The Odyssey? Or are there two weird kid in a coma kid shows? I forgot this show existed until I read your comment, not sure many other people will have heard of it because it's Canadian programming. I fondly remember it as 'that really boring show that comes on and then we change the channel to literally anything else.'

Yeah that one. I only ever saw like maybe half an episode but I knew it was a thing and saw at least one coma scene.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Caught The Love God on on-demand with a friend, has some of the absolutely dirtiest jokes I've ever seen. :haw:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Pick posted:

Caught The Love God on on-demand with a friend, has some of the absolutely dirtiest jokes I've ever seen. :haw:

I read this post and legitimately couldn't remember what thread I was in and what you were talking about.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yeah, FYI if you have Comcast the episode is on On Demand two days early. Watching it right now.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, FYI if you have Comcast the episode is on On Demand two days early. Watching it right now.

It's also viewable on the Disney website with any cable login!

Solid episode. I don't think I caught a lot of the "dirtiest jokes ever" as alluded to a couple posts ago, but it was still pretty consistently funny.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Aerox posted:

It's also viewable on the Disney website with any cable login!

Solid episode. I don't think I caught a lot of the "dirtiest jokes ever" as alluded to a couple posts ago, but it was still pretty consistently funny.

And on AppleTV too. Thanks for the tip!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
That was an funny episode.
Especially the post credit scene

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Eh, seemed a little boring to me. They didn't focus on the odd thing - that there is an actual god of love roaming around. Instead, we got a lot of dull scenes with the teenagers. And I'm getting sick of Mabel. It seems like she's the focus of every episode anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Worth it for that one shot:

:spoiler:Where is your god now:spoiler:

Also, why is there no spoiler smilie?

• Locked thread