Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
This is a spectacular thread, now. The truth tree has shown me the light. I can't believe I was so loving stupid before.

Truth. Tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

TobleroneTriangular disagrees.

That dude was dedicated as hell.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

The North Tower posted:

I miss the old days when this thread was interesting.

IT's really got a lot of trolls in it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Popular Thug Drink posted:

That dude was dedicated as hell.

I go back and read his "coming out" post every so often. Every single time, I'm amazed.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

19 o'clock posted:

This is a spectacular thread, now. The truth tree has shown me the light. I can't believe I was so loving stupid before.

Truth. Tree.

They are great for when you have a consufing set of premises to test whether they are consistent. I essentially wrote that one out on purpose so it wouldn't be inconsistent. It's also far from complete.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Your handwriting looks like a unicorn's pubes.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I essentially wrote that one out on purpose so it wouldn't be inconsistent. It's also far from complete.

You're like that wildly nonathletic kid on the playground saying "I could do that, if I wanted to." You're calling everyone stupid and refusing to actually go full-bore on explaining yourself and your truth trees then explaining it away as, "You all are too stupid to understand it, anyway."

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

19 o'clock posted:

You're like that wildly nonathletic kid on the playground saying "I could do that, if I wanted to." You're calling everyone stupid and refusing to actually go full-bore on explaining yourself and your truth trees then explaining it away as, "You all are too stupid to understand it, anyway."

I don't usually say that, but in your case, it might be true.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Define your variables.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 11, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Define your variables.

This would generally be important, huh?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
The attitude I get is so condecending, it's rediculous. They are defined, but I wanted people to see the logic is right, not focus so much on the variables.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
I get what you're saying if what you're trying to do is demonstrate that truth trees are useful for representing the relationships between groups of propositions, but without knowing what you defined the propositions to be I don't know what the tree actually means beyond the abstract.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I wanted people to see the logic is right, not focus so much on the variables.

:laffo:

e: i've changed my mind keep responding to the troll he's cool

walk me through these truth trees. are you assuming each assumption has a 50% chance of being true or not true?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

I go back and read his "coming out" post every so often. Every single time, I'm amazed.
Wasn't the reason that he stopped was because got too good at it, and noticed that he was starting to think like his troll persona even when not trolling?

Prester John posted:

I've been thinking about the question of whether AddMeOnFacebook is a talented troll or legit. I can't really tell, but I lean about 80% towards him being semi-legit. Let me tell a little story that may or may not shed some light on this situation, because a few years back people on this very forum were having the exact same conversation about me, for much the same reasons. I was a Conspiracy Theorist trying to steer the board towards the "truth", but not in a (so I thought) blatantly obvious way.
--
[really cool story]
--
Does this story relate to AddMeOnFacebook? I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually way deeper into lala-land than he admits to, and is really looking for a chance to steer the conversation here towards "truth" in what he feels is a manner more palatable to Goons than your run of the mill 9-11 truther. I say that because I did the exact same poo poo and a great deal of his recent posts remind me of what I was doing back then. Perhaps this is just a crazy man projecting himself onto others, or perhaps I have a nose for recognizing my own. I can't say for certain myself, but I do hope you all found my little confession here interesting.
I found that fascinating, thanks. I also agree with you; to me it's the "truth tree" thing that pushes him beyond just a troll to "yeah, there's something legitimately off here".

Relatedly, I find it a little sad that a lot of the conspiracy stuff boils down to either "mental illness" and/or an inability to accept the fact that "poo poo happens, nobody controls it, and you are not important". Ironically, "poo poo happens, nobody controls it, and you are not important" is actually rather soothing to me, for the same reason I find humanity's crushing insignificance in the universe rather soothing.

It's not all about you.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 22, 2014

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

AddMEonFacebook posted:

The attitude I get is so condecending, it's rediculous. They are defined, but I wanted people to see the logic is right, not focus so much on the variables.

Can you please choose between calling people idiots and spelling ridiculous incorrectly?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Try me.

Edit: I feel like I'm touching poo poo here, but this guy is just too good.

19 o'clock fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 22, 2014

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mercury_Storm posted:

Hi I'm a crazy person who is WAY CRAZIER than that pony facebook loser, so much crazier that I believe nazi aliens did 9-11 from a hollowed out moon base in concert with international banking lizards with mind/pain rays who are gangstalking me at this very moment.

I am somehow comforted by the knowledge that someone out there truly believes just this.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

Maybe you can express your argument in the form of a proof? You can pull the steps of the proof from the truth tree, then caption each with natural language.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

BBJoey posted:

walk me through these truth trees. are you assuming each assumption has a 50% chance of being true or not true?

The truth tree has some unstated assumptions - for example the existence of Building 7 before its "collapse". A more thorough truth tree would come to the real truth: that the entire WTC has never existed and the fake attack of 9/11 was necessary to prevent the lie being exposed.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

BBJoey posted:

No, of course not.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs...da&p=truth+tree

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I already explained. It starts with the literal that no plane hit the building. Then, if you believe the official story, you really have to buy a lot of un-evidenced premises. I think the logic demonstrates this pretty clearly. I think a five-year old can understand it. Your unwillingness to learn is what's holding you beack, not your ability, for most of you. This is easy stuff.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I already explained. It starts with the literal that no plane hit the building. Then, if you believe the official story, you really have to buy a lot of un-evidenced premises. I think the logic demonstrates this pretty clearly. I think a five-year old can understand it. Your unwillingness to learn is what's holding you beack, not your ability, for most of you. This is easy stuff.

What does flight 93 not hitting a building have to do with anything?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFaceook I have proven with a logic tree that you are a CIA plant. What do you have to say for yourself, government thug?!

Or you might just be a huge human being, the visions are unclear

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Everything has a 50/50 chance of happening.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

AddMEonFaceook I have proven with a logic tree that you are a CIA plant. What do you have to say for yourself, government thug?!

Or you might just be a huge human being, the visions are unclear

That looks like poo poo.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm the only one still posting who isn't a troll. The truth must be heard!

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Here's the tree, again. All I'm demonstrating is logical thinking. The government pawns and story believers will say anything to discredit me. They even say proven logic is false and mock learning.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Here's the tree, again. All I'm demonstrating is logical thinking. The government pawns and story believers will say anything to discredit me. They even say proven logic is false and mock learning.

B isn't a real letter, false flag detected

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

No, of course not.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=ironsource&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003&type=ast_dnldstr_14_41_ch¶m1=1¶m2=cd%3D2XzuyEtN2Y1L1Qzu0FzzyB0Bzz0CtDyByCzz0F0FyDtBzytBtN0D0Tzu0StCtDtCtCtN1L2XzutAtFyDtFtCtFtBtN1L1CzutCyEtBzytDyD1V1PtN1L1G1B1V
1N2Y1L1Qzu2StA0CyByB0ByCyC0AtG0EyByB0AtGyCzz0DzytGyEyEyCzytGtA0A0DyEyByBzzzzzyyC0D0F2QtN1M1F1B2Z1V1N2Y1L1Qzu2S0E0F0EtAtAtByByCtG0BtCtC
tBtGyE0CtBzytGzy0DyD0CtGtByC0EtDyByDtD0FzyyC0D0F2Q%26cr%3D21875482%26ir%3D142905_e%26elng%3Den%26elcl%3Dus%26a%3Dast_dnldstr_14_41_ch%
26f%3D4%26cat%3Dweb%26ulng%3Den-US%26sid%3Dcfaa2f3b66fdcff7f1f22c72af78ea5d%26stype%3Dast_dnldstr_14_41_ch%26sesid%3D9d604dba11c4a3847
8afe2a5e2e6d46d%26csr%3D0%26ipblock%3D0%26b%3DIE%26bv%3D11.0%26os%3DWindows%2B7%26cc%3Dus%26ip%3D97.122.182.174%26p%3Dastromenda&p=truth+tree

:wow:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Here's the tree, again. All I'm demonstrating is logical thinking. The government pawns and believers will say anything to discredit me. They even say proven logic is false and mock learning.

Your logic tree looks even shittier than mine.

Seriously, explain your initial assumptions and the meaning of your variables you loving moron. At least my drawing of an ejaculating penis is somewhat self-explanatory, your chart is just meaningless symbolic gibberish

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

AddMEonFacebook posted:

You don't actually understand formal logic, do you?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

You don't actually understand formal logic, do you?

Whoa now let's not make accusations we can't take back here. You saw his Linear Algebra textbook, he is clearly Well Learned.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

In case it's unclear, a crude drawing of an ejaculating cock is more intelligent and logical than the garbage that you drew. Either explain your assumptions and variable definitions or get started on some nice dick drawings

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

Your logic tree looks even shittier than mine.

Seriously, explain your initial assumptions and the meaning of your variables you loving moron. At least my drawing of an ejaculating penis is somewhat self-explanatory, your chart is just meaningless symbolic gibberish

I already did twice. Hit the ?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Stop trolling, jeez. Add something or gently caress off.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Hey idiot, posting your chart again is not the same as explaining your assumptions or variable definitions. That's what makes my chart superior to yours, because at least a few of my variables are explicit

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

Hey idiot, posting your chart again is not the same as explaining your assumptions or variable definitions. That's what makes my chart superior to yours, because at least a few of my variables are explicit

I made two other posts explaining the variables.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

So if I'm understanding, starting from the given that no plane hit the building, then if you believe the official story you have a lot of things to explain (represented by the huge list of propositions above 'Truther') that you don't have to explain if you express skepticism of the official story?

Are you saying anything else beyond that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Yous till haven't explained why it's relevant that flight 93 did not hit a building.

• Locked thread