Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

It had to be Lief. I don't remember anything specific, but he was dumb as hell. It almost makes me want to watch that season again just for him and Tarzan.

Come on, guys, it has to be Kat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Oh so now we're gonna pretend like Tarzan stewing his poo pants wasn't high quality entertainment?

Easily still one of my favorite "how to piss off your tribe mates" moments.

Big Taint posted:

Come on, guys, it has to be Kat.

I did not think about her, but now that you mention it, she's definitely one of the dumbest players there's ever been. When I was binging the series, I thought I accidentally came across a spoiler that pointed to Kat as the winner of BvW. I almost didn't want to watch it because of that, but I was relieved when it didn't happen.

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001
I wonder if the constantly shifting alliances is a side effect of the blood vs water gimmick. It just seems the alliances are much looser and more tactical one-offs than usual. I'm thinking there's just a lower drive for people to form new strong relationships because so many are still working with a real life partners with 100% trust. Maybe we'll see a take down of the perceived strongest person more consistently than previous seasons because there's simply less subconscious need for people to be loyal to groups.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

DaisyDanger posted:

I did not think about her, but now that you mention it, she's definitely one of the dumbest players there's ever been. When I was binging the series, I thought I accidentally came across a spoiler that pointed to Kat as the winner of BvW. I almost didn't want to watch it because of that, but I was relieved when it didn't happen.

That's the best part about this though, somebody out there was actually a lot dumber than Kat. It can't be her based on his other comments about it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm pretty certain that Probst said two of the players were the dumbest. He didn't mention them by name, but Leif/Kat/Christina were the frontrunners.

Binary Logic posted:

Christina Cha?! Don't get me started LOL she's one of the 20 women in the running for Hottest Survivor Ever.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/watch-magazine-vote/hottest-female-castaway/
She's good looking but they left out Andrea Boehlke so the whole contest is, as Russell would say, flawed.

No Colleen from Borneo either? Yeah, gently caress that.

EchoBase posted:

I wonder if the constantly shifting alliances is a side effect of the blood vs water gimmick. It just seems the alliances are much looser and more tactical one-offs than usual. I'm thinking there's just a lower drive for people to form new strong relationships because so many are still working with a real life partners with 100% trust. Maybe we'll see a take down of the perceived strongest person more consistently than previous seasons because there's simply less subconscious need for people to be loyal to groups.

It's easier to shift alliances because when you shift you have 2 votes (yours and your partner's) rather than 1 from a regular season. When many Councils are decided by a single vote it's a huge swing.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Lone Goat posted:

I'm pretty certain that Probst said two of the players were the dumbest. He didn't mention them by name, but Leif/Kat/Christina were the frontrunners.

It was two people, and Probst said he would never let anyone that stupid near the game again...which was why a lot of us were really confused when Kat came back. My only theories are that Kat somehow was not the stupidest person ever cast, or she was one of the two and they really wanted her boyfriend on the show and they needed her to complete the original Blood vs. Water gimmick.

EDIT: Real talk: It was likely Leif and Christina. There are several deleted scenes from that season that have contestants talking about how Christina didn't seem to be fully functioning when ever they tried talking to her, and Leif was completely out of it whenever he had a chance to speak.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Christina had people explain her hopeless situation to her face and she didn't seem to grasp it.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
It was clearly Leif and Christina. Kat had her weird ditzy sayings but she at least understood the game and thought she was in a good position before she was blindsided.

Leif and Christina were both basically told to their faces that they had no chances and were getting voted out and did nothing about it.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
There was a moment in the middle of One World where Sab accidentally told Christina that Christina's own alliance was splitting votes between her and Troyzan and if Troyzan played the idol she was going home. Sab immediately freaked out and realized if Christina retaliated in anyway, she'd be screwed. Instead, Christina was completely unphased and then voted for Chelsea for absolutely no reason (she was the only one who voted Chelsea by the way).

Also at the Final 4 TC Probst said "Christina, it sounds like you're getting voted out" and Christina basically replied "Yup, I hope I don't though" and Probst asked what kind of deals she made and/or what her pitch was and she said she had no plan but was just REALLY hoping she wouldn't get voted out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I still think Jay had to be one of them

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

sportsgenius86 posted:

I still think Jay had to be one of them

Jay was blindsided but he was playing the game to some degree. He came up with the idea to flip alliances and align with the people on his new swapped tribe in order to get rid of some of the men on his old tribe. Kim played him like a fool of course but he at least understood the concepts of alliance flipping and majoritities. Leif and Christina did not.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Man, that season was just full of jokers. Just remembered Matt and how smug he was about his 4 person minority alliance of bros. The remaining 5 were just like "uhhhhhh okay so we just like, vote them out now, yeah?"

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 23, 2014

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Outside of Leif sleeping in the supply box, didn't the show go for 6-8 weeks without ever having a Leif confessional? He was such an empty space devoid of anything. A true physical and mental midget.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Wrong thread, wtf...

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

mancalamania posted:

There was a moment in the middle of One World where Sab accidentally told Christina that Christina's own alliance was splitting votes between her and Troyzan and if Troyzan played the idol she was going home. Sab immediately freaked out and realized if Christina retaliated in anyway, she'd be screwed. Instead, Christina was completely unphased and then voted for Chelsea for absolutely no reason (she was the only one who voted Chelsea by the way).

Also at the Final 4 TC Probst said "Christina, it sounds like you're getting voted out" and Christina basically replied "Yup, I hope I don't though" and Probst asked what kind of deals she made and/or what her pitch was and she said she had no plan but was just REALLY hoping she wouldn't get voted out.

I marathoned One World recently, and I feel like that Christina-Probt interaction was even more embarrassing than that. Probst was straight up saying "It looks like Chelsea, Sabrina, and Kim are a tight group, what have you done to break that alliance apart?". And her response is basically "They're really good friends, so I didn't even bother". Like, she didn't even want a chance to plead her case to the jury. She was legitimately happy to be fourth. On Survivor. Apparently Alicia from that season is a special ed teacher and straight up compared Christina to a retarded person in a confessional. And I'm not sure she was off.

Also, I'll be honest. I didn't know what a phlebotomist is and spent the first few episodes of One World thinking Leif was a scientist or something. I might be the Christina of watching Survivor.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Terry Glenn posted:

Apparently Alicia from that season is a special ed teacher and straight up compared Christina to a retarded person in a confessional. And I'm not sure she was off.

lol that was one of my favorite moments of One World

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Terry Glenn posted:

Also, I'll be honest. I didn't know what is and spent the first few episodes of One World thinking Leif was a scientist or something. I might be the Christina of watching Survivor.
I only know what a phlebotomist is because my sister is one.
That said, her head is on a far better swivel than Leif's.

She's able to form sentences and has the ability to speak.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

bbf2 posted:

Kat had her weird ditzy sayings but she at least understood the game and thought she was in a good position before she was blindsided.

Just to really hammer home how dumb the two dumb people had to have been, and how dire One World was: Kat, who was characterized basically all season as "the dumb one," got targeted by Alicia — someone she had just made a final three deal with — for trying too hard at an immunity challenge, which eventually led to that blindside. Kat came in second in that challenge. Kim came in first, and was the third person in that F3 deal, and Alicia never went after her.

And pretty much nobody believes that either Kat or Alicia is one of the two people Probst was talking about.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Milovan Drecun posted:

The real surprise, though, was Alec/Wes/Keith voting Reed. Presumably they found out he went through Keith's stuff. It was still an idiotic waste of votes and showed they aren't playing the game at all. What was there plan once they took out Reed? Get unceremoniously booted in order? Reed and Natalie can take control of the game, if they can get one of J/J out next ep.

Yea that's why I dont get either and the only conclusion I can make also - that they figured it out amongst themselves that Reed went through the bag and voted for him out of desperation hoping someone from the other alliance did too.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I was surprised by this at first, too, but I'm guessing they were worried Keith would be voted out to flush out the idol, hoped maybe there would be a split vote for Reed in the event Keith played his idol and by voting Reed, they could save the idol.

Yea that

I bet Alec had nothing to do with the forming of this plan though.

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Don't know why anyone wouldn't love the complete lack of build-up on the vote at tribal, especially when all the Reed/Keith votes were read first. I wish they'd give us blindsides like this more often. They can just explain how it all unfolded at the beginning of the next episode.

Me too. Didnt see this one coming at all (especially after they showed Wes, Keith and Alec voting for Reed) and it was awesome.

I hate Missy so much, but the honeymooners need to go too. Next logical step for Reed is to turn everyone against them given how friggin much they swap sides.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TMMadman posted:

Natalie should be able to reason out that it was Missy/Baylor who really betrayed the alliance

Well, yeah. Natalie said "What the gently caress, Missy?" right as Jeremy was leaving.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Unless I'm completely misremembering Keith and Wes were discussing Reed selling them out, stealing the note from Keith's bag, and telling everyone he has an idol. So my guess is that they just put their votes on Reed hoping that if there was some kind of split vote to flush the idol or conflict within the rest that their votes would put Reed over the top. Like, maybe they thought Jeremy's alliance told Reed to vote Keith and were planning a 4-3 Keith-Reed split so their votes would let Keith hang onto,his idol?

I don't know exactly what the plan is but I don't think we should waste too much energy trying to figure out the plans of maybe the three dumbest players this season. And that's saying something.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Yea the vote splitting makes a bunch of sense, except it still does crap towards actually advancing themselves in the game. I do wonder if J/J alliance fed the Reed name, since Wes wanted to know who they were targeting and giving them Reed's name isn't particularly harmful to anyone but Reed.. who they don't really care about!

Best thing will be seeing J/J fall apart because Reed has no reason to stick with them, Natalie is out for blood and while the other 3 are so easily manipulated, even they should see the benefit in getting rid of someone in a couple. Getting rid of Jeremy, as much as I didn't care for him (a REAL good guy lol), was kind of a terrible move at that point. Maybe Reed is in some final three sub-alliance that he feels great about? Maybe an idol will be played?

Met posted:

Well, yeah. Natalie said "What the gently caress, Missy?" right as Jeremy was leaving.
All 4 of them betrayed, not just Missy and Baylor. They swapped Natalie and Jeremy for Reed. They still have power and removed a huge obstacle for the couples, but they are now banking solely on Reed staying true.

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 24, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Can idols be played reactively? Like, could Jon play his idol if Keith played his? I wonder if they have to announce it at the voting urn or something so Probst can be waiting for it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Poque posted:

Can idols be played reactively? Like, could Jon play his idol if Keith played his? I wonder if they have to announce it at the voting urn or something so Probst can be waiting for it.
Yeah, I think they can be played reactively. I don't think they have to announce it, and they can play it up until the votes have been read.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Juanito posted:

Yeah, I think they can be played reactively. I don't think they have to announce it, and they can play it up until the votes have been read.

Isn't this exactly what happened with Tony and LJ last season?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Poque posted:

Definitely yes, we've seen it happen multiple times.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Met posted:

Isn't this exactly what happened with Tony and LJ last season?

Oh Tony :allears:. Remember how awesome last season was? And now we have Missy and Alec.

I just binge watched Tocantins. I loved Coach during HvV, so it was great seeing his first season.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

The Endbringer posted:

Oh Tony :allears:. Remember how awesome last season was? And now we have Missy and Alec.

I just binge watched Tocantins. I loved Coach during HvV, so it was great seeing his first season.

Tocantins was pretty great. It was the last time there was a newbie season that was really well casted overall (until last season of course)

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: Previously... on #Blindside :siren:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Robnoxious posted:

:siren: Previously... on #Blindside :siren:

An actual blindside!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mathematic numbers and all that mess

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

There's a third idol? I had no idea.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

There's a third idol? I had no idea.

Yeah, me neither.
I thought that idol walked off with Rocker.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm
Hearing more from Natalie tonight than the whole rest of the season combined.

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001
This idol would still be at the other camp though, wouldn't it?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Adjunct Cheesecake posted:

Hearing more from Natalie tonight than the whole rest of the season combined.

Doesn't bode well for her, then.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
^^^ Not at all. Shame, I dig her more than I ever had on the Amazing Race.

You get an idol! You get an idol! Everybody get an idol!

I'm waiting for a season twist where they have half the usual amount of contestants, but they all start with an idol.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm

Ghostpilot posted:

I'm waiting for a season twist where they have half the usual amount of contestants, but they all start with an idol.

Don't give Probst any ideas.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hahaha who the gently caress picked these teams seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aww, poor Keith.

• Locked thread