Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Sphinxster posted:

Didn't he use boinked? I may be having a fever dream.

He pronounces it "Boe-inkd"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Howard Beale posted:

So what you're saying is actually that the boy banged a Burber in Brussels by a balloonful of binocular-bearing broadcasters?

EasyEW posted:

And the Burber babe's banging blocked the boy's belly burbles.

God drat, my life... :suicide:

Jesus, you guys are on FIRE on this fine Saturday night! :v:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

A C&H strip I don't remember! :wth:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Has Brooke ever explained why he draws such terrifying maws?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Wanamingo posted:

...Couldn't one of the other brothers have framed the 4th brother by just wearing a cap without a tassel on it, then?

edit: Not to say that other Inspector Danger strips don't work on equally specious grounds, but usually when they do the answer also implies the real criminal given away by whatever minor detail later cracked under being beat ruthlessly with a rubber hose interrogation.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Andorra posted:

Because that's the way they come out of his paws.

:downsrim:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

This isn't exactly what the readers meant when they demanded to see the end of Pibgorn.
Huh, I thought Brooke hated butts because that's where the gams come to a stop.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Andorra posted:

That's how he see vaginas.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Man, I can only hope I go out like that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Byzantine posted:

Man, I can only hope I go out like that.

And it gets caught on video from multiple angles and reposted on SA forever.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's how he see vaginas.

Can we please not do the "people who we don't like obviously haven't had sex" thing? I don't know how that became a meme but it's incredibly annoying.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

I might be shoving off soon. While I enjoy translating these comics my interest in the forums writ large is at a pretty low ebb right now.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Some Guy TT posted:

I might be shoving off soon. While I enjoy translating these comics my interest in the forums writ large is at a pretty low ebb right now.
If it help recharge you, I think this is one of my favorites on the thread. I wish I could read hangul!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TampaTango posted:

If it help recharge you, I think this is one of my favorites on the thread. I wish I could read hangul!

I have to second this. Dharma is one of the best comics in the thread.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

MariusLecter posted:

And it gets caught on video from multiple angles and reposted on SA forever.

Immortality.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Where I live an inch of snow would absolutely close all the schools, but then snow is pretty uncommon here.

quote:

And yeah I definitely don't remember this one at all.

LtStorm posted:

...Couldn't one of the other brothers have framed the 4th brother by just wearing a cap without a tassel on it, then?

This is the Inspector Danger universe where it is physically impossible to own more than one hat. This particular solution has been used a couple of times before in other ones. It never fails to constantly be stupid.

I mean honestly the second guy could be the culprit, wearing contacts instead of glasses and covering his face to frame his other brothers. I mean I know we're supposed to go "It can't be guy two because he wouldn't be able to see without his glasses!" but if the solution involves the guy they claim is the culprit going and buying something to frame the brothers then why the hell can't that be true of guy number two as well? Inspector Danger is fortunate the other three brothers all have completely identical hats, if even one of them also didn't have a tassel, or worse, if one of them never wore a hat at all, he'd be poo poo out of luck trying to solve the mystery.

The last one bugged me too. "It's this guy because nobody would wear long sleeves in this heat, despite the fact we ourselves are wearing long sleeves in this heat!" I know plenty of really pale-skinned people who wear long sleeves in the heat because they get sunburned super easily and don't feel like putting on sunblock. Ugh. Inspector Danger is so awful.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

nth-ing the love for Chief Dharma! This is one of the best, translated, strips posted!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Girlfriend looks ready to punch somebody.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wanamingo posted:

There sure are a lot of semi-identical criminal siblings who hate each other in Inspector Danger-world.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

This almost happened to me once. I had a long session of GTA IV, then I had to drive somewhere. I was coming up to a red light when I suddenly realized I actually had to stop instead of threading between the other cars and barreling through the intersection. :ohdear:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Presto posted:

This almost happened to me once. I had a long session of GTA IV, then I had to drive somewhere. I was coming up to a red light when I suddenly realized I actually had to stop instead of threading between the other cars and barreling through the intersection. :ohdear:

I did exactly the same thing after playing LA Noire a bunch when it came out, which was also the exact moment I decided to take it back to Redbox.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Is there an Agra india?

Bleeker tests my patience.

Pickles takes a poo poo.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Well, I'll throw you one bone. I can probably be bribed.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I mean honestly the second guy could be the culprit, wearing contacts instead of glasses and covering his face to frame his other brothers. I mean I know we're supposed to go "It can't be guy two because he wouldn't be able to see without his glasses!" but if the solution involves the guy they claim is the culprit going and buying something to frame the brothers then why the hell can't that be true of guy number two as well?

"Lance Hunt wears glasses. Captain Amazing doesn't wear glasses."

"He takes them off when he transforms."

"That doesn't make any sense. He wouldn't be able to see!"

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Presto posted:

Any time I've been playing too much of any sandbox crime game and I have to go anywhere, I find myself thinking "Why am I walking? I'll just grab one of these car... oh." or see a nice car driving by and think "Ooh, I should get tha... wait, no." Fortunately I don't drive so I've never been tempted to escape heavy traffic by way of the footpath.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

EasyEW posted:

And the Burber babe's banging blocked the boy's belly burbles.

"Belly burbles"? Bah! "Borborygmi" !

Kennel posted:

A C&H strip I don't remember! :wth:

Me either. Where are you getting these? Could... could Watterson be secretly doing fresh strips and sneaking them into the archives? :tinfoil:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Some Guy TT posted:

Can we please not do the "people who we don't like obviously haven't had sex" thing? I don't know how that became a meme but it's incredibly annoying.

Well, that's not what I meant, but do go on.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Bosh and balderdash...

Peanuts: Even when Lucy is being pleasant, it's in an unpleasant way. (November 26, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

No, rear end in a top hat. Hollywood wasn't taken away from you before it even began. You made it to Hollywood (sort of) on your first try, got to live the life, and begged for sweet release like a little punk. Bull should kick your rear end after school for that, just like old times.

Classic Popeye Sunday (c. 1942)

Pogo, in which the mighty hunters sing the Doom Song. (November 24, 1968)

First-Gen Blondie, in which Dagwood is a ding-dong. (c. 1943)

Out Our Way (February 10-11, 1926)

Our intrepid pioneers have discovered a Tex Avery spot gag.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I am beyond tired of seeing that loving hideous dog statue in Zippy
I'm more invested in that storyline than any other right now

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set has trouble with the whole "mirror" concept.

And no Working Daze today. It's an early Xmas miracle!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Runs a separate story on Sundays!!

Heathcliff

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Parahexavoctal posted:

Me either. Where are you getting these? Could... could Watterson be secretly doing fresh strips and sneaking them into the archives? :tinfoil:

Nope, definitely appeared in "Revenge of the Baby-Sat"

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

What? Did something "toxic" happen in the sports world that I'm unaware of? What's the joke?

Ok, go!

Whee! Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's!

9 Chickweed Lane 11/23/2003

That's kind of nice, Brooke.

Zits

Facebook? Nah. Maybe if the SA grenade logo was on the door, I'd believe that.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Presto posted:

What is it about GTA4? Almost the same thing happened to me, same circumstances and everything. Now, as you already know, the correct way to play GTA is to steal the fastest car in your immediate vicinity and drive it around until you see a faster car, at which point you jump out and steal that car. You take a little damage by not slowing down first, but it's the quickest way to get back into the action.

I was out driving after a long GTA session and I saw a lamborghini coming the opposite direction. I had my seat belt off and my hand on the door handle before I came to my senses. Altered Reality Comix.

Poncho looks like he's really enjoying the frisking in that third panel. Like, really enjoying it.

Ballard Street

Chad needs one of these:

By which I mean I need one of those.

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 23, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I don't drive but even back in the days of GTA 3 I had to exercise impulse control. Maybe even more than if I was driving, because there's always one bit where you walk around and look for just the right car.

Presumably that's the Kungfurkey I'll see myself out

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Words alone cannot express how much I hate Funky Winkerbean and how far it is up its own rear end. gently caress that comic (even though I can't stop reading it! :ohdear:)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

You Are A Elf posted:

Words alone cannot express how much I hate Funky Winkerbean and how far it is up its own rear end. gently caress that comic (even though I can't stop reading it! :ohdear:)

Let's just scratch those itches, then.

Classic Funky: In which Les's mother has a hunch about Les's future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

What? Did something "toxic" happen in the sports world that I'm unaware of? What's the joke?

Ok, go!

The joke is that the comic is bad and unfunny.

• Locked thread