Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jack Gladney posted:

It's one thing to clown on Kyoon when he posts a nutso thread, but this one has been really informative and fun and it's really getting shitted up hardcore.

The thread really sucked. It was a bunch of circle-jerking about how 9/11 truthers are stupid until I came in and started talking about logic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

The thread really sucked. It was a bunch of circle-jerking about how 9/11 truthers are stupid until I came in and started talking about logic

you are stupid
e: I am actually checking Something Sensitive just to see if block me on facebook guy is gloating about being a ~master troll~ offsite :allears:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 23, 2014

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

blowfish posted:

We could make a new conspiracy theorist thread and rename this one BlockMeonFacebook Appreciation Station.

Speaking of which, I've gotten facebook conspiracy theorists to block me instead :haw:
(Did you know that ~the WEST~ wants to go nuclear and that is why East Ukraine happened?)

I got blocked on facebook for ripping into birther nonsense from a college friend. Some people just go off the deep end.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I am stupid for trying to argue with the internet. I've just been fending off trolls in this thread. There really hasn't been any productive discussion. I certainly haven't learned anything.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I am stupid for trying to argue with the internet. I've just been fending off trolls in this thread. There really hasn't been any productive discussion. I certainly haven't learned anything.

well poo poo happens and you are not important~

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:agreed:

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

I got blocked on facebook for ripping into birther nonsense from a college friend. Some people just go off the deep end.

I had a friend of 15 years block me because I called him out on some stupid Big Pharma bullshit. Of course he also accused me of "loving to hate on his views" because I didn't buy into his loving conspiracy crap.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Yarbald posted:

I had a friend of 15 years block me because I called him out on some stupid Big Pharma bullshit. Of course he also accused me of "loving to hate on his views" because I didn't buy into his loving conspiracy crap.

Don't you know how intolerable it is to deal with people sheeple who don't see the one truth behind the curtain, maaaaaan?

I'd also known the person who blocked me for years since high school by the way :v::hf::v:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 23, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Alkydere posted:

*sigh*

This thread is legitimately awesome whenever there's a Prester John post. Then as soon as he leaves to go eat/drink/sleep/have a life it devolves into this circlejerk.

Prester John, come back! Start talking about the horrors of truck driving even! Either that, or someone start crossposting the crazier poo poo from the e-mail forward thread here.

I appreciate all the positive responses and I am glad that people are enjoying/learning from my experiences. I try to craft careful responses and it takes me time to write, so when I am telling stories my output is slow.

This thread is proving to be a somewhat weird experience for me. Watching facebook guy's budding meltdown is like Deja Vu combined with an out of body experience. I'm still not sure if he is a troll or not, but I'm like 90% sure now that he is not.

Fake Edit: Jesus though reading his posts. Talk about the abyss staring back at you.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 23, 2014

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Prester John posted:

I appreciate all the positive responses and I am glad that people are enjoying/learning from my experiences. I try to craft careful responses and it takes me time to write, so when I am telling stories my output is slow.

This thread is proving to be a somewhat weird experience for me. Watching facebook guy's budding meltdown is like Deja Vu combined with an out of body experience. I'm still not sure if he is a troll or not, but I'm like 90% sure now that he is not.

Fake Deit: Jesus though reading his posts. Talk about the abyss staring back at you.

My meltdown? I'm fine. I assure you. You're the one with all the problems. I'm being trolled on five sides, and it's like I'm the bad guy for trying to tell the truth.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Prester John posted:

Fake Edit: Jesus though reading his posts. Talk about the abyss staring back at you.

Nah, he's just a troll; he keeps complaining about mods and the quality of talk in the thread.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkie posted:

Nah, he's just a troll; he keeps complaining about mods and the quality of talk in the thread.

Poe's law in action.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sharkie posted:

I'm constanly being attacked with ad homs. My points have been lost completely to the ad homs and the idiocy of the people in this thread, making up their own caricatures of me.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
In case you are not a troll AddMeOnFacebook I just want to say a few things.

Look, you don't have to believe me, you really don't. In fact, a few years ago, were the tables flipped, I wouldn't trust a word coming from this Prester John rear end in a top hat. I get that. So I'm not going to ask you to trust my words, but I will hope that you remember them.

Someday, if it ever comes to it, when its all melting down around you and you can no longer stand yourself or the sheeple around you, if you ever become too much of a burden on your loved ones, if you ever just want to end it. Don't. Please don't.

Or at least, if you are pretty sure you are going to end it, give at least one try to reaching out. There are no guarantees, but sometimes when you reach out, even at your lowest, even when you rightfully hate yourself, a stranger will take your hand and help- with no expectation of anything in return. So if it ever gets to that point (I'm not saying it will) just try reaching out at least once.

Its what saved me. Without the kindness of strangers I would have died in some ditch long ago, screaming at demons only I could see. There are actually teardrops in my eyes IRL as I type this, and if you are trolling me then well played and I don't care. Because even the chance that you aren't trolling is reason enough to try to reach out to you. Because every last one of us matters.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Prester John, that was beautiful.

I will repeat to no one in particular and for anyone who might ever consider suicide: it's never too late. There is hope for you and a place for you in the world.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jack Gladney posted:

Prester John, that was beautiful.

I will repeat to no one in particular and for anyone who might ever consider suicide: it's never too late. There is hope for you and a place for you in the world.

Unless you're that guy.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
<Sorry, wrong thread.>

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
:wow:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

"Bunch of trolls demanding me to be rigorous in defending my assertions and not just accepting my poo poo at face-value, insignificant little sheep are ruining my perfectly logical discussion!"

loving conspiracy theorists are always the biggest smuggest assholes, I swear

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I'm constanly being attacked with ad homs. My points have been lost completely to the ad homs and the idiocy of the people in this thread, making up their own caricatures of me.

I kept asking you to explain all of your variables and starting assumptions, but you never did; I got you to eventually talk about half of them. You kept claiming that you already explained everything, but that's because you're a liar.

We've shown how your logic chart leads to the opposite conclusion that you think it does. But I guess using your own logic against you is just trolling or is somehow an ad hominem attack in your head

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 23, 2014

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Alex Jones being cited unironically on "America's Book of Secrets" right now (about the Freemasons)... :beck:

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Quarkjets, I don't think there is anyone in D&D that is more full of poo poo than you., and that's saying a lot. The chart doesn't prove anything. It's just pure logic that isn't disputable. I was merely trying to prove that you can use logic to map possibilities, which is really indisputable so arguing with me at this point is pretty stupid of you.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 23, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Quarkjets, I don't think there is anyone in D&D that is more full of poo poo than you., and that's saying a lot. The chart doesn't prove anything. It's just pure logic that isn't disputable. I was merely trying to prove that you can use logic to map possibilities, which is really indisputable so arguing with me at this point is pretty stupid of you.

:lol:

logic with nothing but flawed premises (that are random bullshit) behind it is in fact worth as much as random bullshit

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
That's why I like to leave it in notation. There's nothing wrong with the premises (they're simple) or the flow of the tree demonstrating two widely apart viewpoints based on contradictory evidence. Stop being a retard troll, blowfish.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
You're using the chart to prove your premises but the premises rely on the conclusions of flow chart being correct in the first place.

Don't you understand how circular that is?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I never said it proves anything. The trolls keep twisting my words. I only said that it's a logical model that you can use to hypothesize outside the box. You essentially see where the missing evidence is. It's a great tool for journalists who can then go seek the missing evidence based on where they think they are in their logic.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Stop being a retard troll, blowfish.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I never said it proves anything. The trolls keep twisting my words. I only said that it's a logical model that you can use to hypothesize outside the box. You essentially see where the missing evidence is. It's a great tool for journalists who can then go seek the missing evidence based on where they think they are in their logic.

So now you can find the missing evidence that suits your preconceived biases :downsbravo:

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

blowfish posted:

So now you can find the missing evidence that suits your preconceived biases :downsbravo:

You can see that the official story actually requires quite a bit more evidence, but I guess the problem the truther has is noone has come forward with a confession yet.

You can use the same method with OTHER people's logic, too, so you can test whether their assertions are logically consistent. It was an exercise to come up with MY OWN premises because I wasn't given any. It's just creativity to be able to hypothosize. Sorry you don't have that ability.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 23, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

You can see that the official story actually requires quite a bit more evidence, but I guess the problem the truther has is noone has come forward with a confession yet.

uh could you please explain the paths in the "logic" tree that take you to this conclusion and properly define all your variables beforehand please

you know literally walk a trolling imbecile like me through it and show your superior intellect

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Why are you still responding to this dude

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

zakharov posted:

Why are you still responding to this dude

Good point

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
A troll will always call you a troll. You are an imbecile.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I suspect blockmeonfacebook thinks Prester John is a CIA agent because Prester John is hitting too close to home.

e: saying this would make me the CIA agent, wouldn't it :tinfoil:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
As someone who is unfamiliar with formal logic and is open to being convinced, could you please walk me through the logic tree?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

blowfish posted:

I suspect blockmeonfacebook thinks Prester John is a CIA agent because Prester John is hitting too close to home.

e: saying this would make me the CIA agent, wouldn't it :tinfoil:

No because in forums Mafia its usually the third person to jump on a bandwagon. After AddMeOnFacebook you are only the second. So the next person to call me a CIA agent is the *REAL* agent. You are just a useful idiot unwittingly advancing the agents agenda. Sorry blowfish.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 24, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

By the way, look up blockmeonfacebook's post history. Surprisingly*, he is a longtime TCC poster, admits to being a bitcoiner, and frequents the conspiracy shitpost containment station P&C

*unsurprisingly

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Glenn Beck is making a movie about Nikola Tesla. Why? Because he's moved on from John Birch territory to awaiting the Singularity, of course:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/12/02/glenn-explains-how-the-story-of-edison-westinghouse-and-tesla-applies-to-today/

Let's all welcome Glenn as he casts off the thin remnant of his sanity!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

Glenn Beck is making a movie about Nikola Tesla. Why? Because he's moved on from John Birch territory to awaiting the Singularity, of course:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/12/02/glenn-explains-how-the-story-of-edison-westinghouse-and-tesla-applies-to-today/

Let's all welcome Glenn as he casts off the thin remnant of his sanity!

He should have teamed up with Yudkowsky.

Glenn Beck plays the Lord Captain in the ~new~ ~reimagined~ first contact story Three Worlds Collide and gropes the Lady Navigatrix' breasts as his last act before death.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Why can't these crazy conspiracy nuts try shedding some light on underappreciated members of history?

Alan Turing is a man who was genuinely hosed over by a power greater than most can comprehend, but people would rather talk about Tesla and their Red Alert fan fiction.

Let's get the ball rolling: Turing discovered that Zero doesn't actually exist. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Let's get the ball rolling: Turing discovered that Zero doesn't actually exist. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Freeman Dyson was silenced by BIG POLITICS, who prevented him from building a nuclear bomb propelled spaceship (with optional space cannons using directed nuclear bomb explosions instead of pansy rear end shells or lasers).

e: it's even in his name - the Free Man had to be stopped to keep mankind in mediocrity :tinfoil:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 24, 2014

• Locked thread