Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Lowtax posted:

yes, my ex wife is getting the office we lease, that's completely absolutely it

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

syscall girl posted:

I am really proud of them for winning Pleasant Hill's Tackiest Business of the Year for 2009.

That is quite the achievement there. Everyone should be proud.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
will there be guided tours of the doom house

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Studio posted:

When you move out will you have to change the name from Something Awful to Nothing Awful? :ohdear:

not very likely, since the front page is still up.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Had a blast, only regret is we can't do it again sometime. Everybody was cool and Buppy is seriously the best dog :3:, and not at all potato-like.

Never did figure out what catchphrases I was supposed to spitting, though. Hope I didn't disappoint anyone. :smith:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

gnarlyhotep posted:

we would love to have SA set up shop here in our great state

me and texaholic would personally barbecue for the welcoming party

yeah totally down for this as long it is the Houston or Dallas area.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

a starwar betamax posted:

will there be guided tours of the doom house

hmmm, maybe, my sister lives in it now and it's only 20 minutes away

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Lowtax posted:

hmmm, maybe, my sister lives in it now and it's only 20 minutes away

do we.....dare???

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

texaholic posted:

yeah totally down for this as long it is the Houston or Dallas area.

Any relocation should be to the great Pacific Northwest, specifically Oregon. Come to the best state on the best coast. Clean, progressive, got all sorts of nature and poo poo, and weed just got legalized. Really, it is one of the closest things to a civilized place you can find in the United States.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Any relocation should be to the great Pacific Northwest, specifically Oregon. Come to the best state on the best coast. Clean, progressive, got all sorts of nature and poo poo, and weed just got legalized. Really, it is one of the closest things to a civilized place you can find in the United States.
I'm not going anywhere, my kids are here and I have joint custody!!!

lol joint custody :420:

BenS
Nov 11, 2014
I do have to extend my apologies, the combination of RATS, cats or death, and Evil Alien Conquerors completely drew away my attention from the forum, so I didn't catch any of the requests after my last post. Also, trying to get Buppy to stay in frame was a lot harder than I expected. Nothing usable, since she had the uncanny ability to dance out of frame any time I pointed the phone at her.

That said, I had a great time, so thanks to everyone there, and especially Lowtax. Wish we could do it again, definitely.

As a mild bit of compensation, here's the one other photo I did take, of the super-official Something Awful headgear I got. Hey, it gets cold in my part of Missouri, it'll be useful. Again, apologies for the indirect link.

https://twitter.com/BenSpurlock/status/536356622990180352

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lowtax posted:

I honestly assumed that, but couldn't restrain myself from talking up my home state. Also, I've been to Texas.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

BenS posted:

I do have to extend my apologies, the combination of RATS, cats or death, and Evil Alien Conquerors completely drew away my attention from the forum, so I didn't catch any of the requests after my last post. Also, trying to get Buppy to stay in frame was a lot harder than I expected. Nothing usable, since she had the uncanny ability to dance out of frame any time I pointed the phone at her.

That said, I had a great time, so thanks to everyone there, and especially Lowtax. Wish we could do it again, definitely.

As a mild bit of compensation, here's the one other photo I did take, of the super-official Something Awful headgear I got. Hey, it gets cold in my part of Missouri, it'll be useful. Again, apologies for the indirect link.

https://twitter.com/BenSpurlock/status/536356622990180352

I just totally trolled you on twitter

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I honestly assumed that, but couldn't restrain myself from talking up my home state. Also, I've been to Texas.

don't make me get Texas on your rear end :clint:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
tx is a great state that produces top nothc mods

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Lowtax posted:

If you come up here to the PNW (aka the Good Land) I will continue to bring you cookies.

I may be trying to give you diabetes. I may be tryng to be nice. Who knows?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

a starwar betamax posted:

tx is a great state that produces top nothc mods

:3:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

don't make me get Texas on your rear end :clint:

When I was in San Antonio many years ago, I spotted a bumper sticker that said, "If God Loves Texas, Why Does The Sun Set In Oregon?"

Makes you think.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CaptainSarcastic posted:

When I was in San Antonio many years ago, I spotted a bumper sticker that said, "If God Loves Texas, Why Does The Sun Set In Oregon?"

Makes you think.

no it doesn't shut up:colbert:

BenS
Nov 11, 2014

Lowtax posted:

I just totally trolled you on twitter

SO MUCH TROLLING. :saddowns:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm... Lowtax making goons watch him play Far Cry 4 before the SA office shut downs... could he be hinting at a Ubisoft collaboration?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Somebody force booze down Rich's gullet so he'll spill the beans on everything so we can pick him apart and judge him in a very loving manner.

I would do it but I'm in Oregon plus :effort:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Is this thing rolling into tomorrow evening? Depending on work I might be able to come slap a Lowtax. (Hug a Lowtax)

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

rumor has it Lowtax won't stop showing people his penis

stay safe kansas city goons :smith:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

a real jerk posted:

rumor has it Lowtax won't stop showing people his penis

stay safe kansas city goons :smith:

I heard a rumor that you are a terrible poster, c/d

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Lowtax posted:

What was your lawyer's name? I want to make sure not to hire them. It wasn't one of those schlubs from Hamilton and Associates right?

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
I hope when you get your stuff all moved out you start selling those neat clothes pieces again because I'd gladly give you money for your excess stuff. Also I really hate that you're closing your offices since I've been wanting to visit but at least it's nice to see that it was actually more of a cool, let's hang out and get drunk place. Hopefully one day, I can turn my office into the same kinda thing. Nice pooch btw

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

I heard a rumor that you are a terrible poster, c/d

calm down gooftroop

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

a real jerk posted:

calm down gooftroop

is this one of those mod challenges I heard about

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Ah Godammit I would have taken an SA beanie

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Captain Log posted:

Is this thing rolling into tomorrow evening? Depending on work I might be able to come slap a Lowtax. (Hug a Lowtax)

yeah

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lowtax what is the secret password to get in the clubhouse

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.
Its a secret handshake; you have to go to the lawyers office and grab their dick

hmm yes
Dec 2, 2000
College Slice
It's cool you're inviting goons to your office, see ya later needless overhead

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wayne posted:

Had a blast, only regret is we can't do it again sometime. Everybody was cool and Buppy is seriously the best dog :3:, and not at all potato-like.

Problem solved: Do it every second last weekend in November to commemorate the closing of the office. Since there isn't an office anymore, it can happen at Garbage Day's house.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
finally an event worthy of a shooting spree

edit: not by me

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Hey so what do you tell women your profession is, when you go on dates with them?

"Internet comedy writer / blogger."
"Comedy blogger."
"I own my own very successful website."
"I own a website that has a community full of degenerates with sick senses of humor. We made fun of 9/11 on 9/11. Wait, don't go."

Other?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lowtax posted:

who was your lawyer and can you get that money back

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
Wish I could have visited sometime. If anything I think it would be fun to watch terrible movies with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJ
Oct 24, 2010

by Ralp
Hey lowtax if you ever want to flee I have a place in New Zealand for you

• Locked thread