Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Diogines posted:

But seriously, does anyone know if you can have more than one romantic interest?

I too would like to know this. If I can't be an omnisexual fuckmonster while I run around being a jerk to everyone, what's the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

neongrey posted:

I too would like to know this. If I can't be an omnisexual fuckmonster while I run around being a jerk to everyone, what's the point?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can someone tell me if I am going to cut myself off from content?

I'm in act 2 did winter palace and now the wardens have fled to adamant fortress or something and I'm going back to consult with my advisors. If I do the end of act 2 stuff will I not be able to do side quests for my companions anymore like gather books and kill cassandras mooks? I've exhausted the talks I can do without doing those.

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp
Can anyone tell me if there are any of those battlemage armors (or anything that looks like heavy armor) that Qunari mages can wear? I'm not that far into the game but the ones I've found so far are for humans only and I'm gonna be pissed if I miss out on looking rad.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dan Didio posted:

Those are Welsh accents.

I went to Wales and Ireland, I don't remember the accents being so similar. It was years ago though so I guess my memory sucks.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I really enjoyed the first parts of the game, but I`ve been kind of unlucky with this years releases and got some annoying bugs.

With the crappy pc controls I went for an xbox 360 controller but now that i got used to it the rumble bugged out and it feels like I`m partially deaf, like all the sounds are somehow muffled. Add that to some weird bug that makes everyone (including mobs) stop fighting for several seconds during encounters and sometimes even bugs out the rifts, and I got really turned off.

I think I`ll take the opportunity to go and play some DA:O and hope they fix stuff in the meantime.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Killsion posted:

There are several spots where Wraiths spawn infinitely. Sit around and kill them as they pop.

There is a spot with a large circle of stones in the south east, near the 2nd camp, there is a landmark for it as well, inside is a Pure Wisp miniboss, and outside is a respawning Wraith by a stone arch as well. Just camp that arch.

Will do, thanks.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

What's the easiest class to play right now? Is it a knight-enchanter?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Diogines posted:

But seriously, does anyone know if you can have more than one romantic interest?

You get a point of no return in relationships, after which you'll be locked to them unless you decide to break up with them, atleast for the party members. They usually have personal quests as the point of no return, with Dorian it's a quest you get from Giselle. Atleast if you start trying to suck his face off, afterwards.

Not sure if you can have multiple romances at the same time, though.
Probably not.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Kraftwerk posted:

What's the easiest class to play right now? Is it a knight-enchanter?

Yes, easily. You get barrier aka health for every attack you do, and your mana regens as quickly as you expend it since you're close to an enemy while hitting him. You can run up to stuff and just keep mashing X until stuff dies.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

neongrey posted:

You get to a point where you can confirm a relationship with someone and then it's locked in. You cannot break up with them after that and will get turned down by everyone else.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

VDay posted:

Yes, easily. You get barrier aka health for every attack you do, and your mana regens as quickly as you expend it since you're close to an enemy while hitting him. You can run up to stuff and just keep mashing X until stuff dies.

It's even better with one of the fade-touched materials that gives you guard on each hit.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Draxion posted:

It's even better with one of the fade-touched materials that gives you guard on each hit.

I've been considering trying this but in the event I do get injured I like having the damage healed effect.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Noirex posted:

You get to a point where you can confirm a relationship with someone and then it's locked in. You cannot break up with them after that and will get turned down by everyone else.

You can break up, though.
Atleast that was possible with Dorian, even got the game going [This will end your relationship with Dorian] when I hovered over the we should talk + we should break up choice.

Entirely possible it might be fully locked later though, still only in act 2.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips on playing an Alchemist in multiplayer? The skills she gets look great but holy hell is the low level stuff tough. You only get magic mine and stealth. My attacks always seem to wiz by enemies too since I have an aoe dagger on, so that's frustrating. I've been playing an archer until I unlocked this class and got used to being lazy in the background.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Noirex posted:

:argh:

Clearly, nothing is going to surpass Saint's Row 4 on this front.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

SubNat posted:

Atleast that was possible with Dorian, even got the game going [This will end your relationship with Dorian] when I hovered over the we should talk + we should break up choice.

Yes you can still break up up to a point where you have a clear indication that you are committing to a relationship. Then after that the option to break up is gone. You only get We should Talk + Kiss Me. This is with Blackwall, unless it differs from every other companion.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

SubNat posted:

There's no break up option for Solas, but I think he's the only one. Unless I'm wrong. But I never saw one. I thought the romance was broken for a long time.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'm really enjoying this Witcher 2 mod but the gathering is loving killing me. Would it have been too much for you to right-click and move to the thing you clicked on? Is it worth it for me to just send my advisors on a never-ending series of resource missions, and if I do so, will I never have to loot another body?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Stop using the mouse, like at all and you will be happy.

F for everything you want to click on, don't use the mouse to do anything but steer the camera.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Alternatively just use CheatEngine, never worry about crafting again.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

VDay posted:

Alternatively just use CheatEngine, never worry about crafting again.

This is a better option. Anyone got a CE file for this? I tried to nail down the location for gold earlier, and it seems like they change every time it loads.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Killsion posted:

I'm aware there is a number of wasted points. Having been playing my Knight-Enchanter a lot, I'm finding my decision to pick up Static Cage, and Conductive Current to be not worth it at all. I'm considering swapping to go deep into Fire for Fire Mine or maybe Wall of Fire, but panic seems like more an annoyance than a boon. Alternatively, going into Spirit straight through to pick up Strength of Spirits so I can barrier myself in emergencies. Comes down to extra damage or even more survivability I suppose.

Also people seem to ignore that Fade Cloak with with Decloaking Blast can not only be used defensively, but offensively as well, it hits like a truck.

So I skimped a bit so I could pick up Fire Mine and Strength of Spirits. Dropping Fire Mine for 0 mana and watching absolutely everything just go up in flames is beautiful.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

The Muffinlord posted:

This is a better option. Anyone got a CE file for this? I tried to nail down the location for gold earlier, and it seems like they change every time it loads.

This script lets you buy back an infinite amount of any item you sell, even if you only have 1. Everything else is pretty easy to find, and I don't think there's any complete/working table yet. Gold, perks, and experience is 4 bytes, ability points are floats.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
poo poo, that's brilliant. Then, I have to go find the weird thing, but once I have one, it's done. That's like the one feature from DA2 that they could have held on to, but didn't.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
Is there anyway of romancing Cassandra if you offer the mages a full alliance? If not, I might swap her with blackwell or the bull dude

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
Anyone else having problems with this game hard-locking at the 'Press start button' screen? I have maybe 4-5 hours into the game on my Xbox One and suddenly today the game won't launch. It just hangs at the screen with Templars and Mages walking (on my Xbox it says "Press menu button").

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

The Muffinlord posted:

Over at the Cheatengine forums the thread for the game Page 10 it has a combined CE file. I couldn't get it to work. I guess you have to be in Skyhold, which I have yet to get to.

I ended up using a trainer from MrAntiFun.com, which did work for me.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Turk posted:

Over at the Cheatengine forums the thread for the game Page 10 it has a combined CE file. I couldn't get it to work. I guess you have to be in Skyhold, which I have yet to get to.

I ended up using a trainer from MrAntiFun.com, which did work for me.
You are my hero.

Picking up this crafting crap is the worst. I wouldn't mind a version which just gave you the non-rare crafting stuff though.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 23, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

pentyne posted:

Vendors in Skyhold sell for for 6 gold, so dirt cheap by any point in the game.

Also weird given what Iron Bull says about them. That they are lost to rage and anger, and that as a Kossith his greatest fear is losing himself to the same. Or that could be Qun propoganda designed to enforce the Qunari mentality of the Qun as central to life.

So, are mounts mostly freemium DLC stuff? I see spaces for like 25-30 mounts in single player, and I'm almost done with act 2 and haven't seen any other chance to get a mount.

Qunari are not kossith.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

okay since I haven't been able to get a very high minimum framerate I've decided to just cap my framerate and have been experimenting with options there, has anyone figured anything out? I tried NVIDIA Inspector which works for most games but seems to make no difference in this one.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
This game... is a single-player MMO.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What does it mean when something requires the perk deft hands fine tools? I don't have such a perk I can learn in the skilltree.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What does it mean when something requires the perk deft hands fine tools? I don't have such a perk I can learn in the skilltree.

It's an inquisitor perk. You get them from earning Influence and power, not XP.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

natetimm posted:

This game... is a single-player MMO.

That sounds terrible...:cripes:

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?

Schlesische posted:

Nah, it's clearly Italy.
The extreme levels of piety, the fact that Nevarra is basically Dragon Ages equivalent of Venice. By all rights the Pope Sunburst Throne should be in Kirkwall or Starkhaven.

:spergin:

Antiva and Rivain are "I can't believe it's not the Iberian Peninsula", the Elves are totally the Irish which basically makes Ferelden England
There isn't really a Germany, although you could sort of see Anderfels as one.
The Tevinter are clearly a bizarro Byzantium.
The Qunari seem to be a mishmash of "not europe", with large portions of Islam for effect.

According to Gaider, the Anderfels are as close to Germany as Dragon Age gets.

Also, both Merrill and Solas have Welsh accents, but some of the random Dalish npcs definitely have Irish ones. I think they just went for "like English accent but not quite" for them.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

i am harry posted:

That sounds terrible...:cripes:

It isn't. It's a massive single player RPG with lots of very optional MMO style quests.

It's seriously the best RPG - probably the best game - of the last few years. Probably the best game Bioware has ever made.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."
I am loving the fact that Bioware answered the "How the gently caress can we equip helmets on horned Qunari?" with "we can't, that would look stupid - they have magical bad rear end rockstar face paint instead."

I never liked any of the helmets or headwear in DA:O or DA2. Give me death metal face paint anyway. I ... WANNA KILL DEMONS ALL NIGHT, and MINE IRON EVERYDAY!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dolash posted:

Not done yet, but I wanted to mention that I'm weirdly impressed with how the Mage/Templar situation was handled in Act 1. After the frustrating "everyone's an rear end in a top hat" approach they took in DA2, they managed to make both sides seem pretty reasonable but with their own issues. Having Corypheus trying to subvert both sides and you effectively picking which one to save is a better way to present the choices than picking one based on an awkward, ginned-up conflict.

I went with the mages, but I ended up feeling sorry for the Templars for what happened to them and heaping it on Corypheus's head rather than thinking "Hah! [Other Side] got what they deserved!" Considering how miserably the whole war kicked off in DA2, this was a pretty decent recovery.

I guess I've always been more sympathetic to the mages since it's a condition you're born into, rather than the Templar who are recruited and could in theory take off the armor whenever they like. The two sides aren't conceptually equal since in one case you're against a specific organization while in the other you're against a kind of person. The end of the Templar Order really just means the end of an order of Knights, but it could be remade or a new one could rise up. Killing all the mages/letting them be destroyed is going to leave the next generation of kids born with magic in a pretty precarious position.

Yeah, I liked that detail too. Sure, both sides are still being corrupted at least partially by evil magic, but it's a lot easier to swallow when it's based on the deliberate actions of a single villain. Having one figure to blame for twisting both sides, along with giving them actual reasons to consider unusually extreme actions like the Breach's destructive appearance, makes it all more understandable.

It makes you see the two factions as victims of a corrupt force rather than just all being completely unreasonable just to drum up false conflict. Seeing the twisted monstrosities the fallen get turned into to serve only help sell it. Of course they still had to let enormous groups of lunatics run around for the obligatory fights, but they minimized the impact by making both renegade splinter factions that the official groups want nothing to do with.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's an inquisitor perk. You get them from earning Influence and power, not XP.

:|

I dont want to waste a perk on that...

• Locked thread