Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I broke down and traded out Cybertech for Slicing on my Agent (which makes her Slicing/Scavenging/Underworld Trading).

The weird little OCD completionist in me wants to take a crafting skill if for no other reason than to 'complete it' and have all the purple recipes and all that poo poo (I know, I am exactly the kind of idiot MMOs are made for) but there's SO MUCH stuff I need credits for that I wasn't even leveling it anyway, so I figure I may as well have another income stream coming in via lockboxes and in-world security crates and poo poo even if it seems relatively minor cash (so far).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

WarLocke posted:

I broke down and traded out Cybertech for Slicing on my Agent (which makes her Slicing/Scavenging/Underworld Trading).

The weird little OCD completionist in me wants to take a crafting skill if for no other reason than to 'complete it' and have all the purple recipes and all that poo poo (I know, I am exactly the kind of idiot MMOs are made for) but there's SO MUCH stuff I need credits for that I wasn't even leveling it anyway, so I figure I may as well have another income stream coming in via lockboxes and in-world security crates and poo poo even if it seems relatively minor cash (so far).

Worry about crafting after you're set for money. It's a credit sink that eventually pays for itself especially since you can make poo poo for your alts, but for your first toon it's hard to keep up on it and you're definitely not going to MAKE money on it. Early on I made a ton of money with my Biochem on my first character, but that's only because not too many people understood how reverse engineering worked and I was able to sell the "best" level 49 purple implants that no one else had the recipe for because they just saw purple as purple - but that was three years ago and you're going to now make way more money just selling mats than you will finished product.

Even the endgame items such as hilts and barrels, profit only comes from crafting the item for people with their mats and hoping it crits so you get an extra one to sell.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I agree with you re: crafting but I'd add the asterix that since Conquest was added to the game, gathering skills are more profitable now than they ever have been since pretty much all crafting materials, particularly biochem mats, are selling for a premium on the GTN.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I remember taking Synthweaving on my very first character. I RE'd everything and so never had anything to sell. Considering this is a character that a) never grouped - still at social 1 - and b) never PVP'd - still at valor rank 1 - I was constantly broke. There were a few levels where I had to choose which skill I would train since I couldn't afford them all...

Now I have over 20 million in the bank, mostly from playing GTN stock market. Suck it 99%ers! :allears:

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent

Medullah posted:

Hey so I'm broke and not going out tonight. I'm thinking in the interest of stockpiling as many comms as we can before 3.0, why don't we make a comm run? I'm thinking

HM EV,
HM KP,
TFB to the weekly,
S&V to the weekly,

then time/people dependent we could hit up Toborro's, DF and/or DP. Maybe start around 9est?

Too late for me unfortunately, with daylight savings on I'm now +13 EST. Saturday afternoons are when I head back to my parents' place for my weekly lunch with them.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dat Smash replacement animation.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Hey, Medullah. Remember when you said it would suck for you if you needed to have completed class missions to do the class mission continuation is SoR? :D

quote:

Hey folks,
I wanted to pass on some important information for you in preparation for Shadow of Revan. As many of you know, in SoR there is a Mission you receive which is a unique Classs mission, meaning there is one for each Class. What I wanted to let you know is that in order to go on this Mission, you must have completed Act 3 on that character. That unique Mission is a continuation from Act 3, so you must have progressed your story to that point.

Note that this Class Mission is separate from the "critical path" of Shadow of Revan, so if you don’t want to do this Class Mission, you can still progress through the expansion storyline. Although, it is of course highly recommended that you play through that Class Mission as well

TLDR – To play the new Class Mission in SoR, you must have cleared Act 3.

-eric

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Hey, Medullah. Remember when you said it would suck for you if you needed to have completed class missions to do the class mission continuation is SoR? :D

Eh, that doesn't bother me THAT much. It would be Makeb that REALLY bothered me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

And come raid with us. We need more 55s.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
The hell I'm currently experiencing is on intermission right now.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

WarLocke posted:

This is the setup I have now on my Agent, and I feel like Slicing is the weak link; you pay 3000 credits to get a lockbox worth 3300, or whatever.

I leveled it to 450 but I haven't done the math, is it ever worth it? Is it only a good investment when you're stumbling into slicing nodes out in the world?

Once I maxed out Slicing I've pretty been creating level 5 Companion Gifts for my alts with Underworld Trading instead.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Never do slicing for missions. You do it for the fact that just running around black hole and other level 50 daily areas you get 10-20 chests with 1000ish credits in them getting all the nodes you can. This just goes up in post 50 areas like CZ, Oricon, and Makeb, and will likely do so again when the cap raises.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I should stop looking through the dress-up barbie thread on the TOR forums; now I want to make a Sith Warrior:

:black101:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

Iron Tusk posted:

Dat Smash replacement animation.

Well, I guess I am playing a Juggernaut tank now.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I believe that's the replacement for vengeance spec, not tanks.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I'm surprised they aren't doing more for Juggs' aoe threat

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So I started a Smuggler and god drat is this tonally the complete opposite of Empire storylines. My dude just completely lost it when the ship got stolen, it was great.

Do we have any real Republic-side presence/guild?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

WarLocke posted:

So I started a Smuggler and god drat is this tonally the complete opposite of Empire storylines. My dude just completely lost it when the ship got stolen, it was great.

Do we have any real Republic-side presence/guild?

A tiny one. I'm on Ham'sandwich right now for about five more minutes if you want an invite.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I'm a F2P right now so I can't /who to get an invite. If anyone is on who can read this Sallyseashore needs an invite.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

I guess that would be directed at the people who hit level 47, ran to 55 on Makeb and gave up on the story stuff.

Either way, a poorly geared 55 could easily finish out act 3 in less then an hour.

Also, what the gently caress does "critical" path for SoR mean?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pentyne posted:

I guess that would be directed at the people who hit level 47, ran to 55 on Makeb and gave up on the story stuff.

Either way, a poorly geared 55 could easily finish out act 3 in less then an hour.

No, it's directed at me. I have 8 toons I leveled only with PvP and flashpoints.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Medullah posted:

No, it's directed at me. I have 8 toons I leveled only with PvP and flashpoints.

Oh, well in that case, it'll mostly be 5 minutes of travel, 10 seconds of combat, 5-10 minutes of travel, 10 seconds of combat, to finish out the class missions.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

I imagine the it's the analogue to every planets main storyline, like how Belarus, in addition to your class's story is also about breaking out the dreadmasters.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Man people put some of this cartel armor on the market for peanuts. I got the Underwater Explorer complete set for like $400. Plus a bunch of those cybernetic sets and junk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WarLocke posted:

Man people put some of this cartel armor on the market for peanuts. I got the Underwater Explorer complete set for like $400. Plus a bunch of those cybernetic sets and junk.

It's because it's practically worthless. Those are the common drops from recent packs, so if someone bought a hyper crate they'd end up with like 10 of them. Cool if you're going to use it, but don't think you're gonna flip it. :)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Medullah posted:

It's because it's practically worthless. Those are the common drops from recent packs, so if someone bought a hyper crate they'd end up with like 10 of them. Cool if you're going to use it, but don't think you're gonna flip it. :)

Nah I'm going to open all of them for Collections unlocks :downs:

Now if only there was a Shrewd Racscal's Jacket on the market for less than 650k+, that thing is sweet looking. :negative:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Valis! :argh: The Jedi Knight boss in the middle of Act 1.

Also the Emperor was drat near impossible solo at release. After several attempts I got lucky and my companion bugged invincible. It was common at the time to see Knights begging people in Fleet to come help them complete it. He's been toned down quite a bit since.

Also, you're forced to use T3 or whatever his name is, but they didn't give you a handy 'ancient droid' with level appropriate gear. So you're balling along and suddenly bam, you're using a tank with level 20 gear, cuz you just use Doc or Kira all the time.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Tank: Let's split into two groups up here to get this done faster.
Me: Not in HM unless you want to wipe.
Tank: I do it all the time.
Me: I see people try that all the time, and in HM it always ends in a wipe.
Tank: Bad groups then.
Me: ...alright.

We wipe spectacularly, tank bails. :downs:

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

Also, you're forced to use T3 or whatever his name is, but they didn't give you a handy 'ancient droid' with level appropriate gear. So you're balling along and suddenly bam, you're using a tank with level 20 gear, cuz you just use Doc or Kira all the time.

There was supposed to be some sort of puzzle that would give you T3 gear to help out with it but it was bugged for a while. I only beat the fight because of a different bug. I did and rezzed to the med center and when I came back the boss had the quest icon over its head.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Crindee posted:

Tank: Let's split into two groups up here to get this done faster.
Me: Not in HM unless you want to wipe.
Tank: I do it all the time.
Me: I see people try that all the time, and in HM it always ends in a wipe.
Tank: Bad groups then.
Me: ...alright.

We wipe spectacularly, tank bails. :downs:

What hard mode was this?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Am I weird in thinking that Jugg tanks are tankier and easier to hold aggro than Powertechs?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

jerichojx posted:

Am I weird in thinking that Jugg tanks are tankier and easier to hold aggro than Powertechs?

Yes. PT has more AOE options than Juggs...but really, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other if the tank is competent.

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Can I get an invite, please? Character name Mamawon'thit.

E: thanks!

Max Facetime fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 23, 2014

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Stan S. Stanman posted:

What hard mode was this?

Sounds like Czerka Core Meltdown in the circular room where you have a console at east and west.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I had a guy suggest splitting up on the prisoner room of KDY (SM) but fortunately the other guys in the group were cool and were like "uhhhh let's not do that"

we almost wiped anyway iirc (I don't even think it was because someone knocked the dude off the platform).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm glad you clarified that it was SM and not HM KDY.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Jedi Covenant server appears to be having a moment right now. Can't seem to connect?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

araeris posted:

Jedi Covenant server appears to be having a moment right now. Can't seem to connect?

Yeah, I was just gonna log on to send companions out and it's frozen.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Thought it was my connection. Nope, having trouble getting on Jedi Covenant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Thought it was my connection. Nope, having trouble getting on Jedi Covenant.

Guess that explains why I can't even get into the character screen after logging in.

• Locked thread