Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Is it barrage weapons that scatter the full distance when you can't draw LoS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Never forget, this hobby does terrible things to people:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They throw that in with any GW web orders. If you spend 150 bucks they throw in a gift box too.

Spend your hard-earned money on our overpriced crap, get a box full of overstock we couldn't sell!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Does the box come with stuff or is it just a box?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Spend your hard-earned money on our overpriced crap, get a box full of overstock we couldn't sell!

I think it's actually worse than that--I think it's just the empty box. The interior artwork is kind of cool I guess?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Post 9-11 User posted:

It's not even that, it's just that box in the photo is used as the mailing box for your order.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I'm having a good chuckle at the thought of post 9-11 user rolling his eyes over the possibility of receiving a free knight or dark vengeance set

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

ghetto wormhole posted:

Does the box come with stuff or is it just a box?

Its just the box.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm, zoanthropes are lvl2 psykers, so they get warpblast/lance, one random roll, and the primarus. Throw a neurothrope in the squad and they lose the random roll? Still worth it when drop podding, but a tough sell when they are walking.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

I'm having a good chuckle at the thought of post 9-11 user rolling his eyes over the possibility of receiving a free knight or dark vengeance set
Imperial Knights as stock they couldn't sell? Yeah right, those things fly off the shelves. I sure hope he wasn't serious

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

HiveCommander posted:

Imperial Knights as stock they couldn't sell? Yeah right, those things fly off the shelves. I sure hope he wasn't serious

If gw WERE running a promotion where if you buy $150 of stuff to get a ~mystery model~, you bet your rear end they'd use pictures of Knights while actually having them all be Brother Corbulo, and five-packs of monopose Cadians, and Hobbit miniatures. I think that's what he was saying.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
jokes on you corbulo is awesome and i already have a bunch of knights

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

LordAba posted:

Hmm, zoanthropes are lvl2 psykers, so they get warpblast/lance, one random roll, and the primarus. Throw a neurothrope in the squad and they lose the random roll? Still worth it when drop podding, but a tough sell when they are walking.

Nope, a Zoanthrope Brood Knows Warp Blast +1 Random Power and the Primaris. If the brood has a Neurothrope, then the brood also knows Spirit Leech for as long as the Neurothrope is alive. It never says that Spirit Leech replaces the rolled power.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tequila Ranger posted:

Nope, a Zoanthrope Brood Knows Warp Blast +1 Random Power and the Primaris. If the brood has a Neurothrope, then the brood also knows Spirit Leech for as long as the Neurothrope is alive. It never says that Spirit Leech replaces the rolled power.

Ah, you are right, thanks! Awesome.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's happening :stonk:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Perhaps yes, perhaps no. It's from the Shield of Baal, evidently.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Armoured tits. GW knows the market.

Beauyaka
Aug 16, 2005
!i!i!
So I'm moving to Cleveland (booooo), but apparently there's a Games Workshop corporate store very close to where I'll be living in Mayfield Heights. Are there any 40kgoons that frequent that location? It's been years since I've played, and I've never been to a corporate store before. I was really surprised to find out there was one on the far east side of Cleveland, of all places.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
On the one hand, that's some of the more egregious boobplate I've ever seen short of actually showing cleavage. The art style and ornamentation really emphasizes it, even.

On the other hand, beggars, choosers, etc.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
It's a well known fact that the SoB were founded by Lady Gaga.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

It's the same boobplate they have been wearing for more than 15 years.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's going to cause a rash.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Finished a few more spacebros this week.

High Marshal Helbrecht

Black Legion Chaos Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon and Heavy Flamer

I've been trying to get in an hour's worth of painting per day, to try to burn through a backlog of TONS of guard and cultists, but seem to find myself finishing up other stuff instead. Oh well, progress is being made.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Raphus C posted:

GW knows the market.
Hahaha no.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ghetto wormhole posted:

It's the rulebook for Knights, the one that is printed in China.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ghetto wormhole posted:

It's a well known fact that the SoB were founded by Lady Gaga Debbie Harry.

ftfy

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fair enough.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Boobplate bothers me way, way less than chainmail bikinis in combat.

This bothers me a lot more:

That foot, or is it a High-Heeled... Hoof? That cant be a human's foot in that... boot? Do the SoBs practice foot-binding?

Fortunately thats the only example of that I've seen in SoB art so I thinks its just a one-off.

Am I wrong in assuming that a single 5-model plastic box with lots of options could handle pretty much all the SoB needs? 5 Battle Sisters with lots of special weapon options, + heavy weapons for whatever their Retributor Squads, and jump packs and jumping legs for the Seraphim. Lots of Bolters, Storm Bolters, Chain Swords, Power Swords, Hand Flamers to fill in any gaps in the sprue and boom, ship it! Kinda like how the GK Power Armor sprue is.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I think a 5-woman box of Sisters like the Grey Knights would be just about everything they need, at least for Sisters, Celestians, and Retributor squads. Seraphim might need more bits, but with how well GW can cram stuff on a sprue these days, it wouldn't surprise me if they could put them all in one box. Between that box (or two), a plastic character, and maybe some new unique vehicle, Sisters could be a pretty small release.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That cloaking field relic is really drat good. Run a choppy HQ or Moritat, grab the cloak and shove them in a drop pod. They come down turn 1 and cannot be targeted by shooting attacks or assaults for that turn.

Next turn, business time.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SRM posted:

I think a 5-woman box of Sisters like the Grey Knights would be just about everything they need, at least for Sisters, Celestians, and Retributor squads. Seraphim might need more bits, but with how well GW can cram stuff on a sprue these days, it wouldn't surprise me if they could put them all in one box. Between that box (or two), a plastic character, and maybe some new unique vehicle, Sisters could be a pretty small release.

I'm surprised they haven't made a plastic priest kit with a couple different options. I would pick up a bunch.

Though I wouldn't seeing the elite sisters be upgraded with artificer armor. A 2+/6++ unit would make the command squad worth taking.

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:
I need to make rent and no longer have fun painting necrons after discovering the joys of chaos. Would anyone be interested in them? they're mostly assembled and partially painted, but I don't know if that devalues them. What I have is:

2 boxes of Warriors
8 bases of scarabs
1 box of Deathmarks
2 boxes of Immortals
1 Annihilation Barge
1 box of Praetorians converted into crypteks
1 Trazyn the infinite with a bent staff :(

if you're interested please email me at byebyenecrons@gmail.com

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
So I played 3 games this weekend, all using my Imperial Guard, all with the maelstrom of war missions. drat good fun. Lost to tyranids, won twice against chaos with loads of nurgle spawn. Some lessons learned:

- psykers and inquisitors using divination can add interesting possibilities if, and only if, the boob playing them remembers his psychic phase.

- Straken, whilst fun, is probably not worth his price.

- blobs of guard with priests (and maybe that inquisitor with rad grenades) are loving fun and loving good. What do people think of the following units?
30 Guardsmen, 3 melta guns, 3 power axes, priest - 250
30 guardsmen, 3 plasma guns, melta bombs, priest - 235
20 guardsmen, 2 lascannons, commissar - 165
30 guardsmen, 3 plasma guns, 3 autocannons, priest/commissar - 250

I am going to use some combination of those in future army lists, blobs are the big success in my army really.

- used an allied Militarum Tempestus det to gain obj secured on the troop squads and a 4xplasma comd squad with that sweet sweet Preferred Enemy order. They failed to give the order twice, on LD9, then killed 3 of their own outright with gets hot results. But in principle I think it might be a good use of points.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Genghis Cohen posted:

So I played 3 games this weekend, all using my Imperial Guard, all with the maelstrom of war missions. drat good fun. Lost to tyranids, won twice against chaos with loads of nurgle spawn. Some lessons learned:

- psykers and inquisitors using divination can add interesting possibilities if, and only if, the boob playing them remembers his psychic phase.

- Straken, whilst fun, is probably not worth his price.

- blobs of guard with priests (and maybe that inquisitor with rad grenades) are loving fun and loving good. What do people think of the following units?
30 Guardsmen, 3 melta guns, 3 power axes, priest - 250
30 guardsmen, 3 plasma guns, melta bombs, priest - 235
20 guardsmen, 2 lascannons, commissar - 165
30 guardsmen, 3 plasma guns, 3 autocannons, priest/commissar - 250

I am going to use some combination of those in future army lists, blobs are the big success in my army really.

- used an allied Militarum Tempestus det to gain obj secured on the troop squads and a 4xplasma comd squad with that sweet sweet Preferred Enemy order. They failed to give the order twice, on LD9, then killed 3 of their own outright with gets hot results. But in principle I think it might be a good use of points.

With guard, I find you should dedicate squads. Priests, for their 25 pts, are so loving useful for guard blobs it isn't even funny. I had a lot of success with an aggressive 50 man 5 flamer + priest blob with power axes - you could easily drop the axes for a cheaper tarpit. 50 conscripts with a priest is almost a no brainer for 175 pts.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
By dedicate squads I gather you mean 'go big' for up to 50 men? It just seems so unwieldy on the table. 30 is already a serious slog for my opponent to hack through.

I am definitely going to try conscripts though. Victoria minis make some pretty terrific penal guard models . . .

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

:stare:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Just played 2 games - one against The Sex Cannon, who handily conquered my Khorne, and another against a Grey knights player. First time playing against the new Grey Knights, first time playing against Draigo, first time playing against Dreadknights, first time playing against Centurions. Oh, so you have a unit that rerolls to hit and to wound rolls that has T 5 2+ and can teleport around the battlefield? And the rest of your army is jump pack monstrous creatures and terminators? Well let me just show you what Khorne Berzerkers can do against that!

....by which I mean they can tie, apparently. And by tie I mean run around grabbing maelstrom objectives while feebly pawing at 2+ armor saves in close combat, sneaking hovering Heldrakes onto remaining objectives, and rolling the Instant Death chaos boon with my Warlord and murdering two dreadknights and an entire terminator squad with him. Literally the only things I killed, the entire game, were from a 135 lord with an axe of fury and a good amount of moxie.

Edit: Also, our local GW store apparently has a new guy running it (1 man stores, woo), who seemed nice but apparently he's never played any GW game before, ever. Like we called him over to observe how the grey knights were kicking my teeth in and he had no idea what was going on, apparently he's read some of the fluff but really knows nothing else about either 40k or Fantasy. I had to step in and take over when a guy came in asking how to start a Dark Elves army, it was really...strange. Is this normal?

Direwolf fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 24, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
He shouldn't have been able to pass his interview. It's a basic hiring requirement at GW that retail staff be able to play the three systems. As far as I know it always has been.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
How is he going to run demos?

Our one man store manager knows the games and products inside and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
Yeah, our local store isn't that old but even when it was brand new, the manager knew pretty much every stat for every unit by heart. It was freaky. And he's really, really good at painting- I've always wondered what kind of training they go through.

As for the Deb Harry hoof-footed sister- whenever John Blanche squiggled out the concept art for them (and pretty much any female unit), he tends to give them those tiny curved hooves. I guess he has a fetish for bound feet. Eww. I just think more about how tiny the women inside the armor must be, or the armor is paper thin.

• Locked thread