Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Parrotine posted:

You guys have weird friends

If you haven't hosed your friends with bowling balls I don't know what you're doing with your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Parrotine posted:

You guys have weird friends

Hello.jpg isn't really a friend, it's more like Stockholm syndrome.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rich people sure are different!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Last expected date of update was Nov. 6th.. it's the 20th already, hope Murata didn't pull a muscle or something.

edit: some content

Hey could I get some tea over here?

VVV oh ok

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 20, 2014

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

Last expected date of update was Nov. 6th.. it's the 20th already, hope Murata didn't pull a muscle or something.

He changed the expected date to 20th of November

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Saitama has finally hangin out with the legends!

:v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What the gently caress is happening to superman's torso

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Captain Invictus posted:

It's the Lion's Roar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT8xt6XDs_U

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain Invictus posted:

Liefield's syndrome.
Treatable but uncurable sadly.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Captain Invictus posted:

Jim Lee happened.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

How well do DC comics sell in Japan anyhow?

I would bust a gut if it sold better than it does stateside. If they'll buy Pabst Blue Ribbon at triple the price I wouldn't rule it out :v:

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

edit: some content

Hey could I get some tea over here?

VVV oh ok

Besides his participation in the event, he was also redrawing some stuff and making illustrations for a printed book.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I recently read this series and it is epic.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Yessssssss! This arc is finally kicking off!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it took him three weeks to make just nine pages? that's a real let down. those pages weren't impressively made compared to the other short updates we've had before.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So by holding the meeting with the underworld, the Hero Association has just accelerated the threat, assuming that this Garou guy is part of the 'god-level' threat. Interesting twist..

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

Interesting twist..

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yesss
YESSSSSS. :getin:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Binary Badger posted:

So by holding the meeting with the underworld, the Hero Association has just accelerated the threat, assuming that this Garou guy is part of the 'god-level' threat. Interesting twist..

where is that even insinuated? has there been any updates beyond chapter 39.2?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It begins.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Al-Saqr posted:

where is that even insinuated?

In this thread from the people who know what's going to happen freaking out about what's coming next. :sigh:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

where is that even insinuated? has there been any updates beyond chapter 39.2?

It seemed like Garou was calling himself a God-level threat when he introduced himself and challenged literally everybody there. I could be misreading that though.

e: Yeah on pages 5 6 and 7 he talks about how he was impressed that the prophet predicted the god-level disaster. When he says "Gotta admit, what the old man said is true! Even if all of you ganged up on me, you couldn't kill me!" I took that as him saying that what the old man said about the god-level disaster was true, and that he (the god level disaster) would require the cooperation of the underground and the heroes' association to be taken out.

copy fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 23, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

copy posted:

It seemed like Garou was calling himself a God-level threat when he introduced himself and challenged literally everybody there. I could be misreading that though.

That's exactly what happened.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not digging Garou's hair.
Looks sloppy compared to the rest of Murata's work.

Or is it supposed to look like it's moving and writhing?
That would be interesting.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's like a super saiyan, but constantly

either that or his head is on fire and nobody wants to be the one to point it out

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, Garou's hair is anime as gently caress

By the way, we've heard of Garou before from Silver Fang.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

it took him three weeks to make just nine pages? that's a real let down. those pages weren't impressively made compared to the other short updates we've had before.

Yeah I was a little bit bummed out too. I've seen this series crank out double the pages in half the time with complicated fight panels and breathtaking scenery.

I guess everyone has their off days.

White Light fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 24, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
People know he has other work, right?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I am very interested in what will happen with this Garou fellow. After reading the latest posts in this thread I am now doubly interested.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
He's either going to get completely destroyed in the very next panel or he'll be the most powerful being on earth (baring our hero) because this comic has no middle ground.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

seigfox posted:

He's either going to get completely destroyed in the very next panel or he'll be the most powerful being on earth (baring our hero) because this comic has no middle ground.

It has tiers.
The tiers are the monster ratings.
God for Saitama (obivously)/???/S (Maybe, we haven't seen the full scope of all of their powers)
Dragon for S
Demon for A/S
Tiger for A/B
Wolf for B/C

But yeah of course We're going to mostly see and focus on Demon and up, because like most fighty manga protags Saitama is entirely too much of a danger magnet.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

whup sry

Bisse fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 24, 2014

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Kindly gently caress off with the wink wink say n'more spoilers.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

A jargogle posted:

Kindly gently caress off with the wink wink say n'more spoilers.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
There's even a thread you all can go to and talk about how we don't know anything.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It has tiers.
The tiers are the monster ratings.
God for Saitama (obivously)/???/S (Maybe, we haven't seen the full scope of all of their powers)
Dragon for S
Demon for A/S
Tiger for A/B
Wolf for B/C

But yeah of course We're going to mostly see and focus on Demon and up, because like most fighty manga protags Saitama is entirely too much of a danger magnet.

Unless there's a monster equivalent of Saitama. A monster who's ranked Wolf but has the power level of a God and always has their destructive credit taken by another monster every single time.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

antavila posted:

Unless there's a monster equivalent of Saitama. A monster who's ranked Wolf but has the power level of a God and always has their destructive credit taken by another monster every single time.

Pretty sure that there is one and it is also Saitama.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

copy posted:

Pretty sure that there is one and it is also Saitama.

Scientists have conjectured about the existence of a "Special Sale Day" monster based on the inexplicable correlation between property damage, monster fratricide, and otherwise unimportant days in the month.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Can we talk about the extra chapters added in post-story arc?

Because holy cow, the smelly lid prison introduction for Pri-Pri Prisoner has become one of my favorite parts of the series. It was so well done and I practically lost my poo poo over the big reveal at the end, it was that funny

'SHUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUP!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Not digging Garou's hair.
Looks sloppy compared to the rest of Murata's work.

Or is it supposed to look like it's moving and writhing?
That would be interesting.

Garou's hair is definitely supposed to look like that, and it's very faithful to the original.