Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ahundredbux posted:

You say that as if there are fifty new shitposts everyday
There were today :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I'm feeling a very strong to neutral maybe on this hame

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Imp Zone is for good threads only

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I skipped all the posts in this thread because I know nothing happened and I'm just going to say lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

oddium posted:

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Source your quotes

Babe Magnet posted:

I skipped all the posts in this thread because I know nothing happened and I'm just going to say lol

Stop skipping my posts, rear end in a top hat.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Rrussom posted:

Source your quotes

Stop skipping my posts, rear end in a top hat.

I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
meta

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I AM BRAWW posted:

Some toilet transformers in this thread I'll tell you that

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

That's fine. My last post will only be relevant in about 20 years or so.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I hope I get a medal when this is all over

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'd settle for a game.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
I'd settle for an introspective character piece directed by Spike Jonze.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
A intricate analytical essay on anime cyclops would suffice.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I'm going to play a human

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Koobze posted:

In all seriousness I think it is just us, the vocal minority, who sit here complaining when we really just want to rub our StarMounds while listening to the soundtrack and reading old devlogs and website updates.

That sounds pretty good, to be fair. Also my quotes are bright yellow. Please don't quote me because I was nearly blinded when I scrolled down.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Supernorn posted:

That sounds pretty good, to be fair. Also my quotes are bright yellow. Please don't quote me because I was nearly blinded when I scrolled down.

Will you add the ability for females to transform into toilets?

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
Imagine you meet an amazing, beautiful woman and you fall in love and get engaged and have the best sex ever (I know you're all virgins but try) and everything is fantastic for a few months but then she shaves her head and gets plastic surgery to look like a horse and also has a horse cock attached. Whenever you try to talk to her/him/it about where the relationship is going she gets angry and slaps you like a bitch and chains you to a soggy bed in the basement and shits on your chest. You try to cancel the wedding plans but she beats you up and threatens to trample your friends and family so all you can do is sit and cry in the basement and masturbate like I am doing right now because this is so hot.

That's TiyStarBound.

Please, seek help, StarBound. We love you and will support you (not financial support you already had enough of that, nor verbal because gently caress you, but maybe a spore-friendly thumbs-up)

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Koobze posted:

Imagine you meet an amazing, beautiful woman and you fall in love and get engaged and have the best sex ever (I know you're all virgins but try) and everything is fantastic for a few months but then she shaves her head and gets plastic surgery to look like a horse and also has a horse cock attached. Whenever you try to talk to her/him/it about where the relationship is going she gets angry and slaps you like a bitch and chains you to a soggy bed in the basement and shits on your chest. You try to cancel the wedding plans but she beats you up and threatens to trample your friends and family so all you can do is sit and cry in the basement and masturbate like I am doing right now because this is so hot.

Stop reading my tumblr.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Sounds like my ex wife

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Koobze posted:

That's TiyStarBound.

Please, seek help, StarBound. We love you and will support you (not financial support you already had enough of that, nor verbal because gently caress you, but maybe a spore-friendly thumbs-up)

Imagine if a smelly hobo charged you fifteen dollars for a lifetime pass to fondle the breasts of a mannequin he found in a Macy's dumpster and says it's only going to get better from here. Over the course of a few months he wraps 4 belts around the waist jrpg-style and sticks a Detroit Tigers baseball cap on the neck stump but then he retreats into the hobo palace he bought with all his fondle profits and is never heard from again.

That's tiy and starbound.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Popular opinion is still pro-Starbound.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Devour or Fire posted:

Imagine if a smelly hobo charged you fifteen dollars for a lifetime pass to fondle the breasts of a mannequin he found in a Macy's dumpster and says it's only going to get better from here. Over the course of a few months he wraps 4 belts around the waist jrpg-style and sticks a Detroit Tigers baseball cap on the neck stump but then he retreats into the hobo palace he bought with all his fondle profits and is never heard from again.

The best post.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
i'd be happy with touching a breast for 15$

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Everyone's started being a lot more agreeable now they're just reposting my posts. I think this thread can make it guys, keep it up!

Also, just the one breast?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

The next breast is coming in the complete version which is right around the corner!
--The hobo, a year ago

E: Or you can head over to the dumpster the mannequin is in and see what hat it's wearing-- it's different every night!!

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Evilreaver posted:

The next breast is coming in the complete version which is right around the corner!

I'll make sure to keep you abreast of any developments.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

This thread gets my thumbs up.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This thread serves its purpose as long as it make starbound look bad, and dead.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Not going to lie, I'd have paid $15 just for the soundtrack. I listen to it pretty regular, it's good.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Devour or Fire posted:

As the partner of a former starbound developer, I love you

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Not going to lie, I'd have paid $15 just for the soundtrack. I listen to it pretty regular, it's good.

Yeah Curtis Schweitzer's stuff is pretty consistently great.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Honestly I don't know if I should be surprised or not Supernorm is only goofing off with the shitposters and not responding in any way to legitimate questions about gameplay. You, like all two of them in the past month oh wait I guess that's why.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
I didn't see anyone asking any specific questions. I can try to answer stuff if you sincerely want to know something.

I can confirm that no races will be able to transform into toilets. You'll have to wait for the unofficial mod.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Supernorn posted:

I didn't see anyone asking any specific questions. I can try to answer stuff if you sincerely want to know something.

I can confirm that no races will be able to transform into toilets. You'll have to wait for the unofficial mod.

When will the next stable version be released?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You should take some ideas from Tropico, like adding craftable rum breweries with slave labour from the planet you are on. Also instead of side scrolling make the game isometric.

Obviously you want to keep some elements of the currenct version so you could have, like, beach balls and paper planes that you buy to make your people happy.

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 24, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Well, I've seen a lot of stuff about the new tweaks to combat and food and enemies. But not a whole lot of stuff about actually making it any easier to survive, or heal yourself compared to current stable. Let alone a sense of progression beyond "Well, my gear is a new tier".

While this is highly opinion based, I am very down on the dev notes statements regarding "You will die in 3 hits to +1 enemies, forever." Which like old stable makes you forever have to work your way up to kind of competent, then back to worrying about getting one shot by stronger night monsters (or buffed by depth ones now) the second you step into a new biome, which you have to, because that's where the next tier ore is.

Similarly, expectations of weapons effectiveness. "Can kill 2 to 2.5 Even tier enemies with a gun before running out of energy, if you do not miss much that is. Super staff can kill ONE even tier enemy". Same looping treadmill feeling. The game loves to throw muptiple pairs of enemies at you as well, and the last thing I heard about guns was playing around with NERFING one handed ones because one handed guns meant you got to carry a flashlight in dark dungeons, and two of them was OP (If guns drain energy to the point you can only kill two enemies, wouldn't two guns drain twice as much energy? Or does it not work that way).

Making bandages heal larger amounts as mentioned in the past, step in the right direction. Adding a cooldown to that, AND food feels otherwise because constantly shoveling banana breads down my throat every other hit, while wearing impervium armor (or spending every waking moment with out max HP munching on banages) was just standard in old stable. Being able to eat some potato based recipie for a temporary +20 health (an example given in recent dev blogs) would likely not even help you survive a single extra hit as things are in nightly.

There SO MANY COOL THINGS. QoL features, new mechanics, assorted other cool things that have me looking forward to stable still. But combat/survivability "progression" was my one big problem with old stable, and current nightly. And every combat update or dev blog intention I hear about is all about adding new features or difficulty with no way to actually make you IMPROVE in a permanent sense except "Well, now that you have the very best gear for this tier, THIS tier won't swiftly murder you."

Oh right. Also the painful implications of not being able to wear armor on the Moon, because you will need the snow gear to survive the cold, as you dig up your FTL drive ores. (Bundling environment upgrades into each higher tier of armor past that is cool though).

My more optimistic expectations, is that when we FINALLY hit next stable (whenever the hell that is), beta input from a game more that isn't wiped constantly and not intended to just shortcut with dev commands should helpfully shake out long term survivability stuff. Well, if you can hear it between the two extremes of "SA shitpost thread" and "Official board posters who think you can do no wrong and not wanting to drop ore on death means you are a filthy casual who wants the game to play itself for you".

EDIT: Or the people who's answer to everything is "Shut up and learn to mod that then".

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 24, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Supernorn posted:

Why are you doing so much damage control for starbound, I thought your haskell pirate game blog said you'd be complete uninvolved with it.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Looking forward to playing basketball/individual tiles having more detailed properties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I asked for a refund I EXPLAINED IN CLEAR DETAIL THAT I NO LONGER HAVE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT! I asked if I could get store credit they assured me they could do so. Well they refunded the money to the paypal account anyway which I do not have access too and that person now has 60$ for free. They wrote me a email pretty much stating OH WELL contact paypal.....why? I am contacting you guys since you made the mistake not me I clearly over and over even called and stated this, I even said if you had to refund the paypal account and could not give store credit just leave the pre-order that I had....yet they still refunded to a account that I do not own and that person that owns it is no longer available. I will never ever purchase from you again and I will buy my things from G2A from now on! I was a loyal customer and you lost my business for life, you have way to much competition on there to just ignore and neglect your consumers. I buy a ton of games since I am a streamer and I will publicy denounce you in every broadcast just to make sure you do not get any business from my viewers.

• Locked thread