Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Blackheart posted:

Took me a while to notice they named him Optimus Primal :aaa:

He also has BW Megatron's transformation scheme and altmode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Glad that Thew reviewed Masterpiece Grimlock and noted that it's relatively cheap at Toys R Us in the UK at the moment- I've finally ordered one for myself. Oddly enough when I checked it out yesterday they only had the option to reserve it, no delivery available, but today it was available, hooray. Plus I got a Slug thrown in for free and £5 off with a voucher code, even better. I also bought a (non-Transformers) present for my great-nephew while I was at it, but his present is less than 1/3 what I just spent on myself :D

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
so, got Jetfire's missile, cause the guy bought his own Jetfire instead of calling Hasbro.

Also I passed on a Waspinator at Target today, that I could have gotten for the SS, am I a bad person? Did I gently caress up?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Waspinator is quite good, def my favorite of the recent BW figures. Rhinox and Rattrap look nice but they don't go together as well as Waspinator.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been opening up all my "doubles", the TFs that are remolds of previous figures. I cracked Sandstorm open and I can see why everyone was so enamored with him when he first came out, he's a pretty amazing figure and you really have to stare to see that he's a Springer remold.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone see the preview for the next MTMTE? Functionist Cybertron, Minimus Ambus and Rewind, a buttload of AEC walkon cameos, and Judge Dredd the Transformer?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

Anyone see the preview for the next MTMTE? Functionist Cybertron, Minimus Ambus and Rewind, a buttload of AEC walkon cameos, and Judge Dredd the Transformer?

Judge Dreadwing

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Finally got around to buying Demolition Crue. Toy Dojo was the only place I could find with them in-stock, though I keep expecting to get an email that it's an error and they don't actually have them. Buy 'em now if you've been fence sitting for the last 2 years like me!

Anyone have Toyworld BII? I have MP Bee on pre-order but I'm thinking about picking BII up just for the hell of it. Would be easier to just hit that purchase button if not for some weird design choices--a Classics inspired head, non-G1 upper arms, non-G1 waist design and color, and those gray knee bits that bug the hell out of me. Why go so G1 with the alt mode, like straight up cartoonish, and then go Classics in the bot mode?

catch22 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 24, 2014

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

catch22 posted:

Finally got around to buying Demolition Crue. Toy Dojo was the only place I could find with them in-stock, though I keep expecting to get an email that it's an error and they don't actually have them. Buy 'em now if you've been fence sitting for the last 2 years like me!

Eddie is still kind of new, people forget about him and he'll definitely have it in stock.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Been a while since I took this buddy off the shelf.

He's still a solid toy, I like him a lot.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Blackheart posted:

Been a while since I took this buddy off the shelf.

He's still a solid toy, I like him a lot.

Yeah a fantastic robot. His alt mode is poo poo but I almost don't care because that bot mode is just killer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I should pick one of those up soon.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There's a prototype of that dude on ebay right now, maybe, I can't speak for authenticity of this poo poo:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1632-transf...=item3a94ff5681

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah a fantastic robot. His alt mode is poo poo but I almost don't care because that bot mode is just killer.

His gun-spinny gimmick is fun as poo poo, too. :kiddo:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Finally signed up for Secret Santa. Everybody sign up! It's a lot of fun and I've got just a whole bunch of cool stuff I want to give away, so get in on it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Go get your $20 Brainstorms from HTS and use code freeship25 for the obvious results.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-voyager-class-brainstorm-figure?BR=496&SBR=832&ID=33645

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

They also have roadbuster in stock if you search for him, and Wingblade.Windblade? Wnagblade.

MP Prowl is $50 in Canada for BF early bird donkey or some poo poo, and you can order Year of the Horse Optimus for $100 as well. Free shipping, save our mail, etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Brainstorm? Windblade? Has someone been peeking at my Christmas list? :D

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I signed up for Secret Santa but I've never done an internet-nerd-exchange-program before so pardon me if I blow it. I'll try not to blow it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Go get your $20 Brainstorms from HTS and use code freeship25 for the obvious results.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-voyager-class-brainstorm-figure?BR=496&SBR=832&ID=33645

You're my favorite person ever. Thanks for linking this bud!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looks like both my local Toys R Us managed to restock their MP Prowls, each store had three come in.

I finally got a chace to check out a K-Mart when I went out of town recently, I am amazed at their toy selection. They have a better selection of new toys as well as a bunch of older runs, then my local Walmart and TRU.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

MP Prowl is $50 in Canada for BF early bird donkey or some poo poo, and you can order Year of the Horse Optimus for $100 as well. Free shipping, save our mail, etc.

If I didn't have the two not-rear end in a top hat Datsuns already, I would be on this like white on Prowl's sense of how much poo poo he can get away with.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There are two recent rumors going around.

One is that the next MP to be announced is the new Megatron, but this one could have been a misunderstanding born from some Megs sketches made in memory of Megatron's voice actor from Japan (I think?) passing away or something like that.

The newest one is an apparent leak that the two next MPs are, actually, Ironhide and Ratchet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm okay with both of those rumors.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

strangehamster posted:

I couldn't get the promo code to work on my phone and now that I'm home it's sold out :argh:

Oh well, MP Ironhide and Ratchet is good news at least.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

The newest one is an apparent leak that the two next MPs are, actually, Ironhide and Ratchet.

A few weeks ago I guessed "tomorrow or never" so wrong on both counts I guess? The power of negative thinking in action, folks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Part of me hopes an MP Ironhide and Ratchet would turn out to be bigger more articulated versions of the original toys, just to watch everyone scream in agony.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well MTMTE was a joyous, light-hearted read!

No wait, it was terrifying. Time travel and paradoxes aside, the more you see of Old Cybertron, the more you wish Megatron really had wiped out everyone and burnt every last aspect of it to the ground.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah. It really puts into question exactly what the "good guys" we're actually fighting for.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Regarding MTMTE I don't think that's what we're seeing. I think we're seeing what Cybertron would be like after Brainstorm's meddling, Rewind mentions that his database has changed.

I love Megatron's little rant. Other than that, lots of creepy poo poo!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

The Goon posted:

Yeah. It really puts into question exactly what the "good guys" we're actually fighting for.

It's too bad the Decepticons were so mecha-supremicist. Even when Fulcrum was giving his speech about how the cons turned to bullies he included purging weaker life forms among things cons used to stand for, and even now Megatron would only feel motivated to save a few thousand Cybertronians specifically but not billions of organic lives.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've been on a bit of a nostalgia trip recently and have been reading the Classics reissues of the original Marvel comics. I've actually never read anything other than the UK comics when they first came out.

When I'm done with these I want to read more that I haven't read before. Is MTME the best thing put to paper in the name of Transformers? What else has been good over the years?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Podges posted:

Regarding MTMTE I don't think that's what we're seeing. I think we're seeing what Cybertron would be like after Brainstorm's meddling, Rewind mentions that his database has changed.
Correct. We're seeing Cybertron if the war never happens because, for reasons I think are going to be more complex than just 'he killed Orion Pax'

Note the dates given by Chromedome in the present. Also, they lost Luna 2 in the main timeline. They didn't give it away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Konsek posted:

I've been on a bit of a nostalgia trip recently and have been reading the Classics reissues of the original Marvel comics. I've actually never read anything other than the UK comics when they first came out.

When I'm done with these I want to read more that I haven't read before. Is MTME the best thing put to paper in the name of Transformers? What else has been good over the years?

The first year or so of the IDW run isn't bad but they lost faith in Furman and cut his last arc into a bunch of character one shots so it has a pretty sloppy ending. Then All Hail Megatron starts which you should skip. Then the 30 some issue ongoing which is also not great. Pick up Last Stand of the Wreckers as prior to MTMTE it was the best TF comic ever.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Spiderdrake posted:

Correct. We're seeing Cybertron if the war never happens because, for reasons I think are going to be more complex than just 'he killed Orion Pax'

Note the dates given by Chromedome in the present. Also, they lost Luna 2 in the main timeline. They didn't give it away.

which means this is what happens if the Decepticons "won" by being unchallenged - so without adversity they'd fail and poo poo would get even WORSE?

I was kind of confused by the same things and these answers make it not only make sense but make it even worse.

Still, remember that Brainstorm's motivations are just a guess right now.

Also MORE GENDER ISSUES they make a point of showing a "her"-bot (robot Rewind refers to as she) in the protests. Good time line or no, this is a setting Transformers who were surprised by Arcee and Windbladecru are would know the other Transformers from.
In fact - THIS specific Rewind did not know what Nautica was, so in his natural timeline he should not be able to identify a female transformer on sight and there shouldn't be female transformers in this timeline. Perhaps they're natural and it's the war's interference - or selective modification by the functionists - that kept them from happening before.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I think it is more likely that Rewind's database is getting more and more corrupted. The Lost Light is experiencing the resettling of the timeline slowly, actually the whole universe is. Brainstorm engineered it so that he would be able to defeat the paradox. Rewind's the first to notice he has a database of knowledge and events that is now changing.

So at first when he woke up in the ruined LL-2 he was still in "sync" with the regular timeline we know, but then past events of the changed timeline comes in the form of flashbacks. He even specifies that this is his first "Flashback", while it might be a symptom of the changing timeline.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Imagine four Rock Lords on the edge of a cliff.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The first falls off and dies, because it is terrible. The second goes to investigate, and falls off and dies, because it is terrible. The third and fourth also perish when the cliffside collapses because even the earth itself cannot bear to support such wretched things.

Time works the same way.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

therealjon_ posted:

I'm okay with both of those rumors.

As am I.

Comictalk:

Alpha Trion and Optimus were talking recently about that memory issue, was it "information creep?" That could explain why ladybots are a relative unknown to the Geewun Krew, and also why a civil war took six million years to settle, and why all sorts of things are the way they are.

EDIT: Also, why the Deceptions and Autobots are not exactly the same as when they started.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

which means this is what happens if the Decepticons "won" by being unchallenged - so without adversity they'd fail and poo poo would get even WORSE?
No. Roberts is implying if Optimus dies, the Decepticons are squashed after they kill the senate, or even before that. The functionist council becomes the sole rulership of a failing planet - instead of becoming a force so powerful the galaxy fears them, they're being slowly eaten alive by their own mismanagement. However, I think given where Brainstorm arrived, he actually killed Megatron seeing him as the point of failure and the entire uprising fell apart.

As an aside, the little Bulkhead cameo is cute given he was implied to have died. I wonder just how hosed this timeline is or if the artist just forgot.

Also this issue makes me want an updated Generations Armada Jetfire