Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

seiferguy posted:

Jesus how do you even touch an enemy in cruel melee. Within seconds of spawning I get ruined. I guess it's easier to play the matches to unlock Duck Hunt.

Bowser Jr. is my favorite so far. I love his quick moves.

Kirby. Suck them in, if they let you, walk off the ledge and spit one out under the ledge as they don't have any recovery. Then immediately get stomped. But it may really be easier to just grind the matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
One of the challenges requires you killing 8 as Lucina.

So, you know, have fun.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

So, you know, have fun.

Did port forwarding help

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maple Leaf posted:

So, you know, have fun.

At least she has a counter you can abuse.

Luigi doesn't have that luxury and one of the challenges is surviving a minute with him.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Overbite posted:

I don't like the event mode. They range from boring to frustrating and I usually have to go in and lose multiple times before I finish it because I never play as the characters it wants me to play as.

That's kind of like it's always been: Special battles where you get an objective and/or limitations posed on your character and go to town.

The best thing about them are when they get creative with the objectives! Or if the event is an All-Star Battle since those pit you up against a small group of the playable fighters themed after a specific thing.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Adding myself to the list of fools that's ready and willing to do some smashing -- NNID is Gimbal_Lock

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I wish there was a quick reset button from the pause screen for event mode, like in multi-man smash.

Patch it in!

Also, I'd prefer it if the game remembers my name. There's no reason why it should keep forgetting in the same sitting.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"
The online betting is not fun and I will not become hopelessly addicted to it at all. No sir.

NNID is FutureBoy23 if you're feeling so inclined.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Grabbed the last GameCube adapter at best buy on Friday. Had about 10 people over and switched off 8-player smashes with magic the gathering. Nerdiest night. Best night.

NNID is Thorpedoom if you want to watch me flail helplessly

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

RyokoTK posted:

Probably because bad Macs that side-b off the ledge are dragging the ratio down.

gently caress Little Mac for this exact reason. The amount of times I have accidentally just pressed B and flung to my death are not countable or whatever word would work there

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

noirstronaut posted:

gently caress Little Mac for this exact reason. The amount of times I have accidentally just pressed B and flung to my death are not countable or whatever word would work there

Uncountaphiable

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Still holding out for this Samus:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

People think Little Mac is a character you can just rush in and beat others down with, but playing him requires a lot more patience than they think.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

People think Little Mac is a character you can just rush in and beat others down with, but playing him requires a lot more patience than they think.

I ain't got time for this Mr Miyagi poo poo. Give me Zero Suit Samus instead

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She requires even more patience.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Maybe I'm already patient but I just hate Mac's special. I can mop with most female characters, but Mac is only good to me if I straight up cannot do his standard special.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
<yahweh> logan needs to pull his weight this round
<yahweh> hes got 1` ko over two games
<~GaffleKevin> i like the way the crab falls through the middle if the bridge is out
<yahweh> need to whip him
<yahweh> into shape

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

<~GaffleKevin> i like the way the crab falls through the middle if the bridge is out
<yahweh> into shape

im bad

and wheres the irc

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

im bad

and wheres the irc

#goonsmash

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TheKingofSprings posted:

<yahweh> into shape

This isn't even one third as funny or wacky as you think it is

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Overbite posted:

I almost got a Pika amiibo but then wondered what I would do with it.

Hey U Pikachu!

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Does the Wii Pro Controller have better joysticks than the default Gamepad? I just can't seem to get this thing to do what I ask often enough and I suspected it was the refurbished part of the refurb console I bought.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

What network

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Did port forwarding help

I know what you're asking.

And the answer is you host.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
NNIDS: lawfulwaffle

I'm adding everyone on the list and who recently shared their IDs. I'm loving the poo poo out of this game, and I've unlocked the characters and stages (BTW, you can choose which stages are picked from when choosing Random once you get all the stages). I'm having a lot of trouble with Crazy Orders, though. I'm trying to knock it out with the Villager, but I either don't have enough HP to kill Crazy hand and his helper(s), or I take on ticket too many and bite the dust. Any advice?

I'm in love with the new characters, especially Shulk and Robin.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble with Crazy Orders, though. I'm trying to knock it out with the Villager, but I either don't have enough HP to kill Crazy hand and his helper(s), or I take on ticket too many and bite the dust. Any advice?

Don't forget to turn on customization. Extra defense goes a long way.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Man I just cannot get over how loving GORGEOUS this game looks in HD!! :allears:

I still miss the Scrap Brain music and Sonic Boom (the Sonic CD song) though. :(

Also I wish there was a Hydrocity level for Sonic. Hydrocity was a really great stage, and it had some kickass theme music too.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just beat classic on 6.5 as Donkey Kong like it was nothing. Then Game and Watch challenged me and I died without landing a blow.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Wildtortilla posted:

I just beat classic on 6.5 as Donkey Kong like it was nothing. Then Game and Watch challenged me and I died without landing a blow.

Game & Watch did the same thing to me. What a jerk!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Is Kirby still fun to annoy people with?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Bob Socko posted:

Is Kirby still fun to annoy people with?

Was there ever a time where that wasn't fun?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I was just worried they'd nerfed by removing the HIIII! taunt or something. Glad to hear he's still rad.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

I know what you're asking.

And the answer is you host.

You still on? I was actually unironically asking if it helped but I'd still like to settle it in Smash

E: Also get in the IRC I don't check this thread more than like once every 2 hours

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Man I just cannot get over how loving GORGEOUS this game looks in HD!! :allears:

I still miss the Scrap Brain music and Sonic Boom (the Sonic CD song) though. :(

Also I wish there was a Hydrocity level for Sonic. Hydrocity was a really great stage, and it had some kickass theme music too.

Speaking of it seems weird how underutilized the sonic franchise is in this game. Since Sonic was already in the last game I thought they'd at least put in another character like Tails- hell Eggman would be pretty easy as just a slower Bowser Jr. And just one stage?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

You still on? I was actually unironically asking if it helped but I'd still like to settle it in Smash

E: Also get in the IRC I don't check this thread more than like once every 2 hours

Sure, I'm still on.

Also the chat never seems very active whenever I go on.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pegged Lamb posted:

Does the Wii Pro Controller have better joysticks than the default Gamepad? I just can't seem to get this thing to do what I ask often enough and I suspected it was the refurbished part of the refurb console I bought.

They're exactly the same as far as I can tell, but the smaller size and form factor of the pro controller make them much easier to flick around.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yawgmoft posted:

Speaking of it seems weird how underutilized the sonic franchise is in this game. Since Sonic was already in the last game I thought they'd at least put in another character like Tails- hell Eggman would be pretty easy as just a slower Bowser Jr. And just one stage?

They're not going to represent a franchise they don't even own more than a first party product. Why would they put more Sonic stuff in than Metroid stuff?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yawgmoft posted:

Sonic is a third party. That third parties get only a single character is fair, this is first and foremost a game about Nintendo characters and history. And Sonic got different stages in both versions (as did PAC-MAN), Mega Man didn't get that luck and Wily Castle is a lot worse than Windy Hill Zone (if only that drat Yellow Devil wasn't there...)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wily Castle is a lot worse than Windy Hill Zone (if only that drat Yellow Devil wasn't there...)

If not for the Yellow Devil, I would love Wily Castle. Without the Yellow Devil it's basically Final Destination with platforms that swoop in from time to time to spice it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slark
Nov 29, 2012

Fast as Wind
Silent as Forest
Ferocious as Fire
Immovable as Mountain
I am going to buy this game just for unlocking the mighty Duck Hunt!

• Locked thread