Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Oops, thanks. :)

Someone please give me suggestions on how to wizard van the YT-2400 I want that thing looking stupid as hell

No wonder C3PO is always invited! Han is Tsundere for C3PO

Dash Rendar riding a Tauntaun through space on a rainbow bridge. In teh background where a planet would make sense compositionally, it is instead just a giant head of Dash, smiling/smirking/winking/otherwise looking smug as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Look at this pro repaint and conversion guys:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
typical YT-1300 owner

paint is reaaaaaaaaally thick for some weird reason

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Look at this pro repaint and conversion guys:

Its like if you asked a little kid to make the Falcon "more awesome".

"Needs more guns... And huge engines! Oh oh! A naked lady too. Yeaaaahhhh."

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You guys think that thick, shiny sheen slobbered around those titillating Tau women is paint? :coffeepal:

Sigma-X posted:

Dash Rendar riding a Tauntaun through space on a rainbow bridge. In teh background where a planet would make sense compositionally, it is instead just a giant head of Dash, smiling/smirking/winking/otherwise looking smug as poo poo.

This is a good suggestion. I might make a Dash head eating/vomiting a rainbow while LEEBO stares menacingly.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

You guys think that thick, shiny sheen slobbered around those titillating Tau women is paint? :coffeepal:
That guy needs to go to a doctor, pronto.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is there a different angle? I wanna see wtf is going on in the back with those engines

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yep:

I got linked this on IRC, it's where I found them. Some good repaints/conversions, some not so good.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
What bothers me most is that I can't find a loving falcon for under $90 and that fucker has two and ruined one of them ON PURPOSE.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Speaking of "ruining" Falcons, has anyone found a good step by step tutorial for that moving the cockpit to the centre bit modification? I've seen at least ten different Falcons with that done and it looks much nicer than the stock one.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Sigma-X posted:

What bothers me most is that I can't find a loving falcon for under $90...

I always find this so weird. I see people online saying they can't find 'X' expansion, but pretty much every place around me, including Barnes and Noble, has everything in stock and some times at less than MSRP.

Of course, I live in a hellscape were the local community seems to prefer Star Trek Attack Wing and M:TG to anything X-Wing related, so I understand why we have stock around here.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Yep:

I got linked this on IRC, it's where I found them. Some good repaints/conversions, some not so good.

Reminds me of the pic that inspired :vomarine:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Heads-up if you're in the UK: Amazon's Black Friday stuff has started and some X-wing stuff is on flash sale today. The transport was down to £20 but sold out (:() but there's still a few half-price E-wings: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/161661773X

The Phantom and Defender are also getting discounted later on today (at 1:50pm for the Phantom and 2:50pm for the Defender).

e; Tantive discounted at 8:50pm. Might be more but the upcoming deals thing only goes 12 hours.

e; E-wing's sold out now.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 24, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Tekopo posted:

Yep:

this kills the falcon

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Heads-up if you're in the UK: Amazon's Black Friday stuff has started and some X-wing stuff is on flash sale today. The transport was down to £20 but sold out (:() but there's still a few half-price E-wings: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/161661773X

The Phantom and Defender are also getting discounted later on today (at 1:50pm for the Phantom and 2:50pm for the Defender).

e; Tantive discounted at 8:50pm. Might be more but the upcoming deals thing only goes 12 hours.

e; E-wing's sold out now.

Managed to nab an E-wing earlier on, but Phantom sold out before I could get one, and Defender literally went on sale less than a minute ago and is sold out already.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spamius posted:

Managed to nab an E-wing earlier on, but Phantom sold out before I could get one, and Defender literally went on sale less than a minute ago and is sold out already.

Yeah. I managed to get a Phantom by adding it to my cart pretty much at 1:50, but decided not to buy it because I don't see myself using two ever. Even for £6, it wasn't really worth it.

Wanted a Defender even though it's the ugliest version, but welp.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
wave 5 stuff on sale

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/204447

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/204446

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Talking about wave 5, what are people's thoughts on the Decimator? What works and what doesn't?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Tekopo posted:

Talking about wave 5, what are people's thoughts on the Decimator? What works and what doesn't?

I can't really offer ~nuanced analysis~ since I've only played with it a few times since Gencon. It's a great addition to the Imperial side from what I've used. Just naked with Gunner and Vader it's great for its points.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tekopo posted:

seems like a lot of the upgrades and pilot abilities are intended to use it as a battering ram. I've never flown it tho

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spamius posted:

Just got a Defender on waitlist, in case you were on it and still waiting, so it seems some of them are freeing up. Got a HWK as well, since they're only £9 and I can use it in Scum.

Tekopo posted:

What doesn't work: flying it like a battering ram. It goes down incredibly fast to being focus-fired because of the 0 agility. What does work is using offensive upgrades on it with Lone Wolf or Expose and then flanking with it, in my experience. It's fairly agile and packs quite a bit of a punch, so if your enemy doesn't focus it, it can do quite a lot of damage.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 24, 2014

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tekopo posted:

Don't put too many upgrades on it. It's p much just an upgraded omicron shuttle with vader. I've been able to beat lists with it (to help with wave 5 worlds testing) much more easily if they treated it as an imperial fat Han cuz my fat Han takes out the support ships quickly. It's really easy to finish off the decimate after that. I don't think the battering ram is worth it because it's too slow but it could be useful against B-wing lists. However, without the battering ram, it's useful to push a ship in front of it and force it to bump continuously so it loses its actions. This is more painful when they've upgraded the hell out of it.

In my opinion, it is a support ship that should be treated as an alternate option. Compare it to the Vader omicron or the bounty hunter, not a fat Han. At most it's a Chewie or Lando type of ship.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

That's the sort of things I've seen with it as well. I played against a 60 point Decimator once and it just went down really quickly to focused firepower and I can't see it doing it well against swarms either.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I wonder how well it would work if you just took a Patrol Leader with no upgrades. The dial's really good, it's a 3 dice turret and it has 16 HP, all for 40 points.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Seems like the Starviper cards leaked: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/127735-well-we-are-definitely-getting-our-starviper-article-today/?p=1344797

e; vv looks like they only leaked ten minutes ahead of the actual article. :downs:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 24, 2014

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
New preview of the Star Viper is up.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5222

I'm guessing that Autothrusters are the new candy for Interceptors to deal with turrets that the designers mentioned back at GenCon. They're a 2 point mod that turns a blank green die into an evade if you're beyond range 2 or outside the attacker's arc. Can't equip it without a boost in your action bar.

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Just got a Defender on waitlist, in case you were on it and still waiting, so it seems some of them are freeing up. Got a HWK as well, since they're only £9 and I can use it in Scum.

Nope, was on the waitlist but never got one - gonna grab a HWK at £9 though cheers!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm guessing that Autothrusters are the new candy for Interceptors to deal with turrets that the designers mentioned back at GenCon.

Yep. On the one hand, it doesn't do anything to fix non-EPT Interceptors being garbage. On the other, it's a nice little boost for fighting Falcons and co. I like it.

Looks like I'm going to need at least one StarViper. Fortunately, the model looks really good.

e; vvv

Tekopo posted:

And with Royal Guard TIE title, you can fit that and something else pretty easily. I'm pretty sure that it's gonna be an insta-pick for Inties, much like PtL. Auto-thruster, Cloaking Device, PtL Soontir would be pretty goddamn funny.

It's an auto-include if you know you're fighting a turret ship and that's pretty much it. It still means the only Interceptor loadout worth using is Fel (or maybe Carnor Jax) + PtL + Stealth Device with Royal Guard TIE and Targeting Computer/Auto-Thrusters if you can afford the extra two points.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 24, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

And with Royal Guard TIE title, you can fit that and something else pretty easily. I'm pretty sure that it's gonna be an insta-pick for Inties, much like PtL. Auto-thruster, Cloaking Device, PtL Soontir would be pretty goddamn funny.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I don't know about 25 pts for a PS1 pilot with no upgrades and relatively few green maneuvers. :stare:

Autothrusters are a giant buff to Interceptors, though

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

alg posted:

I don't know about 25 pts for a PS1 pilot with no upgrades and relatively few green maneuvers. :stare:

Autothrusters are a giant buff to Interceptors, though
Over the x-wing it has one more attack, one less PS, boost, barrel-roll and the loop rather than the k-turn. Is that worth 4 additional points? Barrel roll and boost aren't worth as much for low PS pilots, I feel. For high PS, you can't really load PtL on it because of the low number of green maneuvers, and that kind of wastes being able to both barrel roll and boost. I'm kind of ambivalent towards the ship purely in terms of stats.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Tekopo posted:

Over the x-wing it has one more attack, one less PS, boost, barrel-roll and the loop rather than the k-turn. Is that worth 4 additional points? Barrel roll and boost aren't worth as much for low PS pilots, I feel. For high PS, you can't really load PtL on it because of the low number of green maneuvers, and that kind of wastes being able to both barrel roll and boost. I'm kind of ambivalent towards the ship purely in terms of stats.

Same attack, one less shield (one more hull).

I'm not keen on Agility dice after running A-Wings many times since Rebel Aces. Maybe Autothrusters will change that!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

alg posted:

Same attack, one less shield (one more hull).

I'm not keen on Agility dice after running A-Wings many times since Rebel Aces. Maybe Autothrusters will change that!
Yeah, I meant one more agility. One shield less is a definite nerf, shields are always better than hull. Auto-thrusters on the A-wing will be nice as well, yeah, especially on Jake.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's an auto-include if you know you're fighting a turret ship and that's pretty much it. It still means the only Interceptor loadout worth using is Fel (or maybe Carnor Jax) + PtL + Stealth Device with Royal Guard TIE and Targeting Computer/Auto-Thrusters if you can afford the extra two points.
I still like Turr as well, he gets work done. Wish he had more PS though so you could do sneaky 'attack -> barrel/boost away from enemy arc' combos, though.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The best thing about the star viper looking as good as it does is that I can paint the wings like a butterfly. I will probably end up painting Xizor and Guri as two of the Pokemon Vivillon's patterns.

I'm thinking ocean, tundra, or savannah.

E: I might as well make my slave-1 one of these patterns too. They're really pretty and colorful.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 24, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

E: I might as well make my slave-1 one of these patterns too. They're really pretty and colorful.

Jungle pattern is basically Boba Fett's armour colours!

e; can we all collectively agree to ignore the "Scum only" part of this card so I can use it with Howlrunner?

Thanks.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 24, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
A lot of Decimator talk but no opinions on the YT-2400?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

A lot of Decimator talk but no opinions on the YT-2400?

It's not amazing. The upgrades are overpriced and the pilot abilities aren't super great.

I can see it being useful once we get a 3 damage cannon that's not an autoblaster that is 2 or 3 points. The title for the ship just costs way too much.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Dash's ability is legitimately amazing and I won't hear otherwise. Being able to ignore obstructions (asteroids will prevent you from shooting only and debris fields don't do anything to you at all) is very nice and really opens up what kind of maneuvers you can do. Leebo is a worse Chewbacca though and the other pilot only really works in combo lists and even then not that well.

It's the most maneuverable large ship out there as well and pretty much the only ship that can get 4 attack dice against the enemy deployment zone on turn 1. Outrider is good but has been future-proofed to a high cost so that FFG isn't restricted in what types of cannons they bring out in the future. With new cannons coming out when Scum come out, there is a lot of potential for the ship.

Without Outrider, the two attack is kind of crappy but it is still a good HLC platform due to it's maneuverability.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

enigmahfc posted:

I always find this so weird. I see people online saying they can't find 'X' expansion, but pretty much every place around me, including Barnes and Noble, has everything in stock and some times at less than MSRP.

Of course, I live in a hellscape were the local community seems to prefer Star Trek Attack Wing and M:TG to anything X-Wing related, so I understand why we have stock around here.

How do you feel about making a small profit?

• Locked thread