Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Well Trebol just changed from the lamest character to a pretty great one in the span of like 5 minutes. Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

lordfrikk posted:

Well Trebol just changed from the lamest character to a pretty great one in the span of like 5 minutes. Good.

I'm still confused on how his power had anything to do with what he did. And also why he did what he did.

Also, is he logia then?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Why Usopp didn't just shoot the grape in her mouth....

Also, how can you not know where the black bears came from when you know the girl has toy powers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

I'm still confused on how his power had anything to do with what he did. And also why he did what he did.

Also, is he logia then?

He's mucus.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

Also, how can you not know where the black bears came from when you know the girl has toy powers.

'cause of the second part of the power that makes everyone forget about the victims. As far as the heroes 'know', they're everyone who came on the mission and these toys appeared from nowhere.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Zark the Damned posted:

'cause of the second part of the power that makes everyone forget about the victims. As far as the heroes 'know', they're everyone who came on the mission and these toys appeared from nowhere.

Yeah that's a pretty cool concept. You could logically deduce that they were friends who had come with you that you had now forgotten, but they'd be completely erased from your perspective she had just created lifelong friends from thin air.

Trebol is a Logia-type mucus man. He is made of mucus. Perhaps he can secrete mucus-like substances like ambergris, which is actually flammable. I mean he's not a human mucus man.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Spanish Matlock posted:

You could logically deduce that they were friends who had come with you that you had now forgotten

This would rely on the Tontatta not being idiots :)

Also this weeks shocking twist confirmed my suspicions The Unknown Gladiator is Rebecca's Dad and was turned into the Toy Soldier. TBH they did do a nice job of seeding the individual clues quite far apart this time.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Zark the Damned posted:

Also this weeks shocking twist confirmed my suspicions The Unknown Gladiator is Rebecca's Dad and was turned into the Toy Soldier. TBH they did do a nice job of seeding the individual clues quite far apart this time.

Yeah well I think it was pretty obvious on the first clue to the honest, I doubt the reveal was a genuine surprise for most people.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

Completely forgot about the second half of the little girls powers, everyone forgets about you. Which explains a lot including Kyros being the commander/one leg soldier. That's something I didnt really see coming. I just hope he gets restored so he can become awesome again.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Suspicious Lump posted:

Completely forgot about the second half of the little girls powers, everyone forgets about you. Which explains a lot including Kyros being the commander/one leg soldier. That's something I didnt really see coming. I just hope he gets restored so he can become awesome again.

It's even better than that. The Tontattas have been shown to be handicapped by their naïveté, but the only reason Kyros was able to convince them and only them of who he was was precisely because of how naive they are. He basically overrode Sugar's forget power just by virtue of how trusting they are.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

After hearing that Sugar's ability makes everyone forget you I'm surprised I didn't make the connection to Rebecca saying no one seems to remember Kyros. It was a nice surprise though

A bit disappointing to see Usopp is probably going to run away from Trébol, to begin with at least. I was hoping he'd be a bit braver after the skip.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I was hoping to Soge King to come out again as his brave side. But I think he will always be a chicken.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Suspicious Lump posted:

I was hoping to Soge King to come out again as his brave side. But I think he will always be a chicken.

You would think that the two year training period would change anything on his end. Soge was busy eating cake in the forest.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Believe in Usoland

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He'll definitely come back after he runs away, but I wish he'd stop running away to begin with! I like his cowardice and find it funny, but I'd like to see him stand up to people a bit more especially after the skip.

Also as a new person to the thread, I assume I'm not the only one who reckons Lola's mother will turn out to be Big Mom?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

EmmyOk posted:

He'll definitely come back after he runs away, but I wish he'd stop running away to begin with! I like his cowardice and find it funny, but I'd like to see him stand up to people a bit more especially after the skip.

Also as a new person to the thread, I assume I'm not the only one who reckons Lola's mother will turn out to be Big Mom?

That theory kind of died when Big Mom was revealed and what she was like, I assumed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Allarion posted:

That theory kind of died when Big Mom was revealed and what she was like, I assumed.

Yeah that certainly made me less sure of it but I still stand by it. I'm also dying to see Kaidou's first appearance.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I like how everyone's weapons home in on the single piece of armor that Rebecca actually wears.

I don't know why everyone is talking about Ussop, is he on the island? I'm more concerned with Usoland. I wish he would just shoot the stupid grape, or do anything really. I wish he still used his dials. He could have just used a gas dial. Also, Trebol is flammable, calling it now that Usopp kills him with fire.

Also, how did everyone forget the part about forgetting? (I guess you really can't answer that.) I'm kind of surprised; it's like one of the most important parts of her powers and was made into a huge deal several times.

Also, don't forget, her fruit causes her to be eternally a child, she is much older than she appears. I still can't believe she'd forget to make a contract. Twice now. If the tin soldier was the first toy, are they implying she gained or otherwise first used her powers after the Doflamingo takeover?

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 8, 2014

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shadow0 posted:

I like how everyone's weapons home in on the single piece of armor that Rebecca actually wears.

I don't know why everyone is talking about Ussop, is he on the island? I'm more concerned with Usoland. I wish he would just shoot the stupid grape, or do anything really. I wish he still used his dials. He could have just used a gas dial. Also, Trebol is flammable, calling it now that Usopp kills him with fire.

Also, how did everyone forget the part about forgetting? (I guess you really can't answer that.) I'm kind of surprised; it's like one of the most important parts of her powers and was made into a huge deal several times.

Also, don't forget, her fruit causes her to be eternally a child, she is much older than she appears. I still can't believe she'd forget to make a contract. Twice now. If the tin soldier was the first toy, are they implying she gained or otherwise first used her powers after the Doflamingo takeover?

It's not clear (to me at least) if by staying as a child they mean she is mentally a child as well. Usoland better use a firestar to wreck Trébol. Or it'd be nice if Sogeking returned.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
This should could really use a bit more sogeking. His theme songs were probably the best thing.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Truga posted:

This should could really use a bit more sogeking. His theme songs were probably the best thing.

They were the best thing.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Remember Usopp vs Perona? Bluffed like a legend and knocked her out, betchya he's gonna do something similar with Sugar right after he wrecks Trebol.

Oh god where are you SogeKing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNyP3uzgRhA

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm dying for Marco's return, definitely my favourite of the Whitebeard Pirates. Also I want to see what happened with Drake after he fought with Kaidou's commander.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Remember Usopp vs Perona? Bluffed like a legend and knocked her out, betchya he's gonna do something similar with Sugar right after he wrecks Trebol.

Oh god where are you SogeKing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNyP3uzgRhA

You have the wrong version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6fAXeBnY8

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You're both wrong, this is the best version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAYRCfbEfI

Even if only because of the hato/haato pun.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All Sogeking songs are the best Sogeking song. Though obviously the times you hear him singing it to himself are the best versions.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Hahah wow this is awesome, never heard it in english before.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
It is not a spoiler to say that Usopp fans will not in any way be disappointed by what is coming.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I'm dying for Marco's return, definitely my favourite of the Whitebeard Pirates. Also I want to see what happened with Drake after he fought with Kaidou's commander.

Don't wanna spoil anything but if you're interested in what happened with Kaidou and Drake I suggest you read the previous cover arc. Some interesting developments in that situation.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Asuron posted:

Don't wanna spoil anything but if you're interested in what happened with Kaidou and Drake I suggest you read the previous cover arc. Some interesting developments in that situation.

Anywhere I can read the cover story without having to see any other parts? Chapter titles tend to be quite full of spoilers, so if I am reading the first page of all the chapters on a manga site I'm likely to be spoiled a little.

This week's episode is further proof that the Tontattas are the best :3: Also I guess it confirms Trébol must be a logia because no way will that have killed him

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Yeah, there's no way that did him in. I just wish Usopp knew better by this point.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Isn't Marco more-or-less the leader of the Whitebeard Pirates at this point? He was second in command after all.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Isn't Marco more-or-less the leader of the Whitebeard Pirates at this point? He was second in command after all.

Most likely, but it'll be interesting to see how many of them have stayed together. Presumably the 'main' crew has but not necessarily. Also his phoenix power is ballin' as hell, so I want to see way more of that.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

EmmyOk posted:

Trébol must be a logia because no way will that have killed him

On the other hand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwTrSBL_QU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Valid point, but Usopp hasn't called in his good pal Sogeking to help him.

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Vague as hell answer:

I can't remember when, but I definitely remember someone saying something about the Whitebeards that stayed together now being under Marco.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Too bad it's probably going to be another 500 episodes before something like that happens again.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Man I miss the pre-timeskip character designs. The only person who came out ahead in the deal was Franky, and even that's arguable.

KoB
May 1, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

Too bad it's probably going to be another 500 episodes before something like that happens again.

Believe in Captain Ussop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Man I miss the pre-timeskip character designs. The only person who came out ahead in the deal was Franky, and even that's arguable.

Look at this crazy person who isn't down with Soul King.