Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Got Omega Ruby for myself and Alpha Sapphire for my boyfriend as an early Christmas present. It's a thank you to him for getting me a lovely merino running shirt on his staff discount, so I got him this on mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
My little cousin is a bio chemistry major and I don't know poo poo about chemistry. So I got her this banana shirt with a potassium joke for Christmas.

At least I know green is her favorite color.

And I got myself this tunic that I will wear as a dress because I'm short

The dots are tiny stars!

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Finally caved in and bought the xbox one:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Second analog stick looks like a late abortion

Colored Famicom buttons are neat

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently the 3D has really improved.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

bowmore posted:

Apparently the 3D has really improved.

it's unreal how much better it is

App13
Dec 31, 2011

strap on revenge posted:

it's unreal how much better it is

Could you describe how it's better? I'm still on an original 3DS

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
gently caress you Pokegoons, get with the program;

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

App13 posted:

Could you describe how it's better? I'm still on an original 3DS

It has face tracking that re-positions the 3D stuff so the viewing angle is like 45 degrees instead of 10 or whatever rubbish the old ones have

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Was it a good price? And from where?

I have the same problem, as I bought an 80gb and 120gb SSD back when they were still $200+ for the 80gb, my C drive is constantly running out of space.
Got it from Amazon for 219 USD, seemed to be a good price and really the shipping was the most convenient as I don't have time to go to computer stores given my short time in the states. I'll pay a few dollars for convenience and honestly Amazon is good 90% of the time.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mr_Angry posted:

I'll pay a few dollars for convenience and honestly Amazon is good 90% of the time.

90%? I can count exactly one time in the years I've used them, where they did not get something to me on time and had it delivered to who knows where, and sent out a replacement with next day delivery to make up for it. Every other time has been spot on or even early.

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice

Etrips posted:

90%? I can count exactly one time in the years I've used them, where they did not get something to me on time and had it delivered to who knows where, and sent out a replacement with next day delivery to make up for it. Every other time has been spot on or even early.
Sorry, I meant price wise in that for various items I have found it lower in others stores/websites on occasion. That said in terms of delivery I've never had an issue and the convenience of just clicking and having it show up a few days later is worth whatever few extra dollars I might pay from time to time to get whatever it is I'm buying.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Because Chucks are not so good in snow and -C. :(

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Received this yesterday. It's a really nice tape measure that you should all buy. Went 10' 10" before it went limp. Two inches shy of advertised but I will let it slide.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Spamtheman posted:

Finally caved in and bought the xbox one:

I heard Sunset Overdrive was gonna be free today

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

I heard Sunset Overdrive was gonna be free today

Only for 24 hours, as a 'rental'

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

Metanaut posted:

These look fantastic. Can you report back on how they do in snow?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Motorola Keylink

Find your keys and make them make a noise via your phone. Or find your phone via your keys. Less time being late = good.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Motorola Keylink

Find your keys and make them make a noise via your phone. Or find your phone via your keys. Less time being late = good.

It's worth pointing out you can also set your phone to disable your pin/password when it's connected to this. That alone makes it worth it to a lot of people (and is the main reason I'm considering one).

App13
Dec 31, 2011

XIII posted:

It's worth pointing out you can also set your phone to disable your pin/password when it's connected to this. That alone makes it worth it to a lot of people (and is the main reason I'm considering one).

Didn't know this. Ordering one now

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

XIII posted:

Already can do that with my G Watch R but yeah it's handy.

I think you need lollipop though? That's still several months away/never for lots of Android users.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Metanaut posted:

Man I really like these. Crap I might have to buy these.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Reverse Centaur posted:

Already can do that with my G Watch R but yeah it's handy.

I think you need lollipop though? That's still several months away/never for lots of Android users.

You need 4.3 I believe. I had to check and it's definitely not lollipop only.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
The ability to use almost any bluetooth device or NFC tag to auto-unlock your device is called "Smart Lock" and is built into Lollipop. It may require third-party software from Motorola on earlier versions, I don't know.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

TraderStav posted:

I think all/most of the current Moto lineup can do it on KitKat, but for most phones it won't until/if they get Lollipop. Meant to mention that in my original post.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TraderStav posted:

Unless you have a 2014 Moto X or Droid Turbo it looks like you need Lollipop for that feature. I have been looking for any evidence of general KitKat support and can't find it.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.ca/2014/11/finding-your-phone-keylink.html

quote:

If you own a Moto X (2nd gen.), Droid Turbo or a phone running Android 5.0, Lollipop, you can use your trusted device settings to enable the added ability to keep your phone unlocked when your keys are nearby. This way you don’t have to enter your password to use it. Just enable trusted devices by going into settings and then security.

The Verge article suggested the trusted devices thing doesn't work on iOS either.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/19/7249081/motorola-keylink-device

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Humerus posted:

Finally gonna upgrade my GPU from a Radeon HD6850. It's served me well but it's time to move on. :feelsgood:

Also if you guys aren't following Woot Fatigue on Instagram, you're missing out on so much raccoon action.

davebo posted:

16 days ago someone posted that here and I made fun of the fan stickers trying to hypnotize me, but since hearing about the low fan noise I was actually very interested in this card and started reading reviews. I see a lot of complaints about coil whine and others saying they were concerned about it but weren't experiencing it on their cards. After you receive it would you mind posting your experience with it? Same applies to App13 if you're still following the thread.

Yeah so I installed this yesterday and played all day today and it's great. Unfortunately, my case fans are loud as poo poo (new case is the next upgrade for me, this seemed more important) so it doesn't really change the volume of my system, but I can tell you that the fans haven't even spun up all the way yet. They may have last night when I maxed out Wolfenstein: The New Order but I forgot to check. Today I was playing Borderlands 2 and Arkham Origins and the fans only got to like 30%. I play at 1080 though but this card is beefy as poo poo and I would definitely recommend it. Also, the MSI Twin Frozr version is supposed to be really good too and the issues with the fan sticker causing problems has been solved. Final note: It's big as poo poo and barely fits in my Antec 300 (like I said, new case is next priority). I guess cards like this is why new cases have removeable HDD cages.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I got some ties.

Referral link if you're so inclined. They're doing free shipping for the next few days.

Phaeoacremonium
Aug 7, 2008
I'm two weeks away from handing in my dissertation and have decided to put some money down on post-thesis rewards.

and

My girlfriend has kindly volunteered to look after the above until I've handed in.

also, about three weeks ago I got this:

and a fifteen pound bag of imported protein-laden kibbles to feed him and my older cat instead of crappy whiskas.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I tend to go to London for a few days of end-of-semester stress-busting messing about, so on the next two trips I plan to visit a couple of London's railway stations to use some recent purchases and go shopping for other things!

At this one

I'll exchange my newly bought ticket to go Christmas shopping near here for the day

And in the spring, I'll go to this one

and mess about in this area for the day

(key: Victoria & Brighton; St Pancras & Montmartre)

I've also got tickets for two shows over the break:

and

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Unless you have a 2014 Moto X or Droid Turbo it looks like you need Lollipop for that feature. I have been looking for any evidence of general KitKat support and can't find it.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.ca/2014/11/finding-your-phone-keylink.html

The Verge article suggested the trusted devices thing doesn't work on iOS either.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/19/7249081/motorola-keylink-device

My Moto G 4.4.4 has the option to prevent the screen from locking if a specified bluetooth device is within range.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Bought this from the PSN store as it was on offer. Just wanted something to play, wasn't keen on the protagonist when it first came out so I avoided it. It's actually a really great and fun game and I'm so pleased I picked it up. For such an early title the graphics and lighting effects are incredible.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Some fancy clothes for a special event

Ferragamo

Cole Haan

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Well, now you've done it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm a fan of Cole Haan shoes myself, but what is up with that heel?

Or is that the Tom Cruise special edition?

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I've seen a few men's shoes with that kind of heel lately. One of the shops around here carries a rather nice looking brown brogue with the sole in that shape in bright pink or blue. Kind of wrecks a perfectly good shoe.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I imagine they make honking sounds when you walk; nothing will convince me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

MaliciousOnion posted:

I imagine they make honking sounds when you walk; nothing will convince me otherwise.

Perhaps they have little LEDs in the back that light up when you walk?