Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really really wish there was a way, when playing For Glory, to both say that you have to leave (instead of just peacing), and to be able to add them on your friends if you want. I fought this awesome Charizard playing for like an hour, silky smooth connection. He cycled through three different profile names, and swapped characters occasionally to Greninja, Robin, Marth and Toon Link. But he mostly played Charizard, and he was a good one too. But once I had to go it kind of sucked the only thing I could do was just leave and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I think your friends list shows a selection of people you last met online. You can probably find and friend request him that way.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Guys, what the gently caress. There was an orb after I fought my shadowed self and I was hitting it for awhile and then it blew up and killed me. So, like, what the hell

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

Guys, what the gently caress. There was an orb after I fought my shadowed self and I was hitting it for awhile and then it blew up and killed me. So, like, what the hell

You have to launch it by beating the poo poo out of it before it kills you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

I think your friends list shows a selection of people you last met online. You can probably find and friend request him that way.

WHAT :aaa:

edit: eh it doesn't do much good. Friend request is greyed out and there's no other way to comment on their profile

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So disappointed in myself. After day 3 this is my usual experience of the game.

I can not stay on the ground for anything

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Macaluso posted:

WHAT :aaa:

edit: eh it doesn't do much good. Friend request is greyed out and there's no other way to comment on their profile

Don`t know if that's due to their account settings or something, but alternatively, you can also hit X on the match results screen and select their profile to send them a request from there.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wily Castle owns and anyone who disagrees needs to get up on my level right now. :smug:

I also enjoy the magic Pokemon cathedral stage.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

codenameFANGIO posted:

You have to launch it by beating the poo poo out of it before it kills you.

gently caress this game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Wily Castle owns and anyone who disagrees needs to get up on my level right now. :smug:

I also enjoy the magic Pokemon cathedral stage.

I bet you also enjoy Pyrosphere. Yuck.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

gently caress this game.

hahaha how the gently caress do you get killed by that orb unless you take like 3 minutes to kill it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ganon 11300 feet, in apparently a bad run.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?a=&feature=youtu.be&v=FCrWYBxiIgQ

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Knocked out three smash tours to unlock Pac World and got two crazy orders passes every single time. Not sure if I just got lucky, but it seems like a decent way to farm up tickets.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

RyokoTK posted:

I bet you also enjoy Pyrosphere. Yuck.

Pyrosphere is loving awesome, it's a legit boss fight with Ridley every time and my friend and I had a great time killing him while killing each other. The event where you fight him is my favorite so far.

I mean, you can hit Ridley more than 75% of the time, so he's a lot more fair than Yellow Devil.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

After playing more with the pro controller I decided I officially hate that clicky joysticks became a thing. I can't think of a single Wii U game that even uses them. It causes the stick to make occasional creaky noises when I'm smashing hard so I worry about breaking it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Tender Bender posted:

After playing more with the pro controller I decided I officially hate that clicky joysticks became a thing. I can't think of a single Wii U game that even uses them. It causes the stick to make occasional creaky noises when I'm smashing hard so I worry about breaking it.

Wonderful 101 uses them to let you cancel the Wonder Liner without pulling all of your Wonderful Ones together. I think Hyrule Warriors uses them too for items, but I'm not sure. I do agree that they kinda suck though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

Lego City, most 3rd party ports, use them. They're useful when you need another button for auxhilary stuff.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

MinibarMatchman posted:

hahaha how the gently caress do you get killed by that orb unless you take like 3 minutes to kill it

I had no idea what the hell it was doing so I was just hitting A on it gently until some poo poo happened.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I knew something was off about the controls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSp885AxZss

and it wasn't this, but turning off tap jump may redeem my game

Pegged Lamb fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 24, 2014

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
You know, I've heard a lot of discussion about whether this plays more like Melee or Brawl... but, personally, I think it handles a bit closer to the old Smash 64. It's interesting.

My NNID is JeedyJay, by the by.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Some dudes copy is loving up his entire game in magical ways.

You can see his cry for help here

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey so uh, about the farming CDs business...

quote:

Set all items except Master Ball off, turn items to high. Pick a stage that has music you enjoy listening to, then choose the omega version. 99 stock, level 1 computer. Spam Master Balls, you'll get on average 18ish Mews per game, Mews drop CDs about a third of the time so you'll get around 6 new songs every time you try this. It might help to have something on in the background to entertain yourself while doing this.

quote:

Can amiibos do the master ball throwing and item collecting for you? If so, you could probably do this without even playing. Just train an amiibo to rush for any master balls and throw them quickly, and don't teach it how to attack anyone. Put it against another similar amiibo, and boom. Free stuff.

quote:

90% sure you have to rescan your amiibo under the menu setting to pick up all the items they've collected

EDIT: TESTED. WORKS! FIRST EVER AMIIBO SLAVE FACTORY, HERE WE COME

I sent my lvl 50 against an Olimar I nerfed (redundant, right?) with custom equipment and it worked really well

EDIT 2: If you want your amiibo to pick up CDs, you have to teach them (or at least I assume). Mine picks up trophies but walks past CDs.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That Link reminds me of Earthworm Jim.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How do you train an amiibo to do anything but eat poo poo for stats?

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
After unlocking Pac-Land, I can safely conclude that Smash Tour is for drunks and idiots and drunk idiots.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Chakram posted:

After unlocking Pac-Land, I can safely conclude that Smash Tour is for drunks and idiots and drunk idiots.

I concur. I mean it's probably better with friends but just rushing it to get Pac-Land sucks rear end.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Is this possibly Yoshi on a Rayman skeleton? It was rumored he was originally going to be in but cut when Nintendo's relationship soured.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Chakram posted:

It's so not worth it for Pac-Land too, because like Smash Tour, Pac-Land loving sucks. The only reason I actually wanted it was to unlock random stage selection.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

This is like if Rayman and King K. Rool hosed

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

enojy posted:

This is like if Rayman and King K. Rool hosed

What would this be then?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Count Bleck posted:

What would this be then?

Fear And Weegee In Las Vegas

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

enojy posted:

Fear And Weegee In Las Vegas

"We were somewhere around Dream Land, on the edge of the Mushroom Kingdom, when the drugs began to take hold..."

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Can someone explain amiibo to me and if they seem like a good purchase now that people have been using them for a few days?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think the main thing with Amiibo is you should pay no attention to their levels at all. They pick up tactics and behavior from you, so beat them up in your style and use items in the style you want them to and they are a really good AI buddy to fill out smash matches when you need another guy. Especially 8 player smash.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Super Lovecraft Brothers

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That Yoshi is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So, does anyone have any advice for No Mere Sparring Match on hard difficulty?

EDIT: Nevermind

Slur fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 24, 2014

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

He needs to post Pikachu. I hope it's somehow Pikaman again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Slur posted:

So, does anyone have any advice for No Mere Sparring Match on hard difficulty?

Customize up a Mac with more defense so that you can take a few extra hits. Use dashing attacks for the most part, but also some up tilts, up smashes, and forward smashes, though the smashes aren't nearly as effective. Also dodge roll a lot and hope you don't get countered.

It took forever with way more tries than is sane, but I managed to get the reward at the same time.

• Locked thread