Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I just do the combo of whatever one I drew. I like them all, though I definitely love when fate gives me Argorak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Cobalt Chloride posted:

You know what else is the best? The boss animation for Ruto.

The game would improve 1000x if you could turn off all the animations for everyone. I don't need to see King Dodongo fall onto the battlefield for the fiftieth time thanks. And it always makes you wait a little before you can skip it.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Taear posted:

The game would improve 1000x if you could turn off all the animations for everyone.

You can.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does hard mode have more/better drops?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Taear posted:

The game would improve 1000x if you could turn off all the animations for everyone. I don't need to see King Dodongo fall onto the battlefield for the fiftieth time thanks. And it always makes you wait a little before you can skip it.

You can do this for Adventure mode

Wildtortilla posted:

Does hard mode have more/better drops?

Yes, but don't do it until you've beaten legend mode so you can get the hard mode skulltulas

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

When does the new DLC drop?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

When does the new DLC drop?

The 27th.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Taear posted:

They patched in the ability to auto-skip them! :haw:
You can find it in the option menu. It doesn't apply to the chest-opening or victory animations, though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i am really curious how True Midna will be handled in-game, if they still use her imp portraits and sounds i will be rather cross

also this is officially more screentime than agitha or true midna ever got in TP itself, which is sort of amusing

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kaethela posted:

The 27th.

Everyone be thankful for this

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Excels posted:

i am really curious how True Midna will be handled in-game, if they still use her imp portraits and sounds i will be rather cross

Twili Midna is her own character so I doubt it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The GIG posted:

Twili Midna is her own character so I doubt it.

oh poo poo really?? i thought it was just a new "weapon" mode for her, this is way better

christ well that's gonna be another 5 million bajillion rupees to grind her up to 40+ like everyone else.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Will my WiiU auto-download the DLC since I have a season pass, even while asleep? I'll be gone for the week.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Bruceski posted:

Will my WiiU auto-download the DLC since I have a season pass, even while asleep? I'll be gone for the week.

If it was like mine with the first DLC, don't start it via the quick start menu. It'll probably install the patch first and then the DLC the next time you start it. It took a bit of futzing to get it to do right, but it certainly wasn't "automatic"

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Finally got all the Skulltulas in Adventure Mode today. I still say Zant's second skulltula in his lvl 3 weapon round is the hardest one to get... The others I could either find a way to cheese or overlevel for, but this one I needed to find and plan a pretty meticulous route even at lvl92.

Now that that's done, there's still the aggressively hard Boss Rush and "1000 enemies in 7 minutes (as Agitha)" missions. They seem impossible, but so did Zant's skulltula a week ago.

In Boss Rush, I'm playing as Wizzro, and it's Manhandla that always ruins really good runs for me. gently caress that seed attack.

I actually do pretty allright on the 1000 enemies stage, but toward the end, I always seem to run out of enemies to fight and end with 800-900 kills. I'm not sure what to do about this really.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Some good Adventure Mode work for me tonight. All I have left now is three heart pieces, but one of them is Agitha's "Kill 1000 enemies in 10 minutes" in the upper left that seems well impossible. Still have the Level 3 Gate (I didn't attempt it tonight), and four Skulltulas, one of them being the one from Zant's level 3 weapon stage. After that I will officially have finished Adventure Mode, I can get that last Skulltula from the final stage of Legend Mode, and I'll be good to start on the Master Quest map (well, after getting my Goron Tunic from the rewards stage).

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Any tips for Wizzro's level 2 weapon mission? I have no problem with the time or enemies requirement (L45 Wizzro), but Volga always hits me too much (or Manhandla at the end) and I wind up missing the damage requirement by a few hearts

I guess it's more of a "how do I fight against Volga without getting hit" question

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You can block Manhandla's seed Attack, hope that helps

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Volga's really the problem - I usually don't get hit by Manhandla, especially as Wizzro who just carves giant bosses apart

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm down to just the Fairy level 3, Agitha's level 3 and the Summoning Gate level 3.

Then skulltulas, heart containers, the entire Master Quest map, and the Twilight Princess map. On my tombstone will read "Here lies Bicyclops, who enjoyed playing Hyrule Warriors his entire life."

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
Dodge a lot. Stay out of his spear's reach. His dragon claw shockwave and fire breath attacks can both be interrupted with Wizzro's normal attack spam, which will usually start juggling him. That's a good time to shoot him with your beam. If you get into trouble (for example, surrounded by Moblins while trying to deal with Volga), throw down a special. There are usually enough mooks around that you can build your meter right back up really quickly.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I try, believe me, but it often seems like the blocking animation takes eleven hundred seconds to finish, and by the time I'm finally blocking, I'm pilfered with a million of his seeds.

I know it's the way Warriors is, and I just need to get better at telegraphing attacks, but augh.

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Volga's really the problem - I usually don't get hit by Manhandla, especially as Wizzro who just carves giant bosses apart

Also remember that you can pop him with an arrow when his weak point meter and it will keep it up for just a touch longer. It helps if you are having trouble capitalizing on his weak point since it shows up so briefly and Wizzro isn't the most mobile character.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i'm astonished how much i've managed to accomplish while ignoring the block button entirely. i often forget i even have that ability

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Excels posted:

i'm astonished how much i've managed to accomplish while ignoring the block button entirely. i often forget i even have that ability

Against Manhandla and Zant are the only times blocking is ever better than dodging.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Blocking is The Best because it baits enemy officers into using their special moves and exposing their weakpoints. If you stick to dodging in tougher maps they'll just keep poking at you with regular attacks and waste all your time.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SuperHappy posted:

I try, believe me, but it often seems like the blocking animation takes eleven hundred seconds to finish, and by the time I'm finally blocking, I'm pilfered with a million of his seeds.

I know it's the way Warriors is, and I just need to get better at telegraphing attacks, but augh.

You have to be standing still. Don't run around when fighting Manhandla, stand still and only run if he does his stupid freakout move.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You have to be standing still. Don't run around when fighting Manhandla, stand still and only run if he does his stupid freakout move.

You can move while blocking though :confused:

Also, his freakout move isn't too hard to move away from if you keep your distance, which can also help with the seed attack issues. The boomerang has a ton of range.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bicyclops posted:

You can move while blocking though :confused:

Also, his freakout move isn't too hard to move away from if you keep your distance, which can also help with the seed attack issues. The boomerang has a ton of range.

But you can't block while you're already moving, you have to completely stop to begin blocking, which is why it can seem to take forever.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I can't remember if you can start your block while running but not sprinting, but you at least can't block while sprinting. I thought NPCs were cheating when they would move in to attack range while blocking until I realized I could do the same :downs:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Finally got the Gate level 3!

Now if I can figure out how this Agitha mission isn't literally impossible. I got up to 840 KOs when I ran out of time. Agitha's attacks are slow as poo poo, and her C3 doesn't have very good range so it's almost useless for taking out groups of enemies. Combine that with running to the other side of the map to get away from the Imprisoned and I don't see how the hell you're supposed to get 1000 KOs.

Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
The way this game has to queue up event triggers with other messages and notifications becomes a much more glaring issue in these "Defeat enemies and traitors alike!" missions. They're a race against time to avoid having too many turncoat soldier spawns, but the leaders won't appear when you take a keep until the game finishes going through the rest of the queue.

Edit:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Now if I can figure out how this Agitha mission isn't literally impossible. I got up to 840 KOs when I ran out of time. Agitha's attacks are slow as poo poo, and her C3 doesn't have very good range so it's almost useless for taking out groups of enemies. Combine that with running to the other side of the map to get away from the Imprisoned and I don't see how the hell you're supposed to get 1000 KOs.

It's easily the most difficult task in the adventure map. If it helps, here's basically what I did (quoted from earlier in the thread).

Llednar Twem posted:

Max out her zora's tunic badge so that ignoring officers and the imprisoned doesn't just get you killed. Throw beetles with C5 forever. Maybe summon one with C3 instead if the situation really calls for it, but I found that even if you can dash cancle out of it, the beetle itself just takes too long to appear and by then the enemies have moved. One big thing is to try to stay on one side as long as you can justify it. Reinforcements come at specific kill benchmarks, so the more you can build up before switching sides, the faster you can mow them down with a beetle charge when you do.

Llednar Twem fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 25, 2014

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
I haven't managed it yet, but I would imagine C5 and Weakpoint Smashes are the best way to take out large groups of enemies.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ok I finally beat Fairy lv 3! Now to slaughter 25000 guys in the pursuit of clearing out the rest of the map...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I did Agitha's final heart container and failed at 997 KOs.

I was really upset and almost quit but I decided to try one more time tonight and got it with about 20 seconds to spare. That level sucks, but I did get a nice "COMPLETE!" screen when I beat it, so that was cool. Now all I have left is three Skulltulas: the two Gate missions, and Zant's level 3. I'm not worried about the gate levels too much (okay, maybe the level 3 one a bit), but I already know Zant's is going to be a huge pain in the rear end.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

Llednar Twem posted:

The way this game has to queue up event triggers with other messages and notifications becomes a much more glaring issue in these "Defeat enemies and traitors alike!" missions. They're a race against time to avoid having too many turncoat soldier spawns, but the leaders won't appear when you take a keep until the game finishes going through the rest of the queue.

This drives me crazy. More than once I have forgotten about the queue and started taking the next keep or rushing off to rescue someone before the leader finally appears. Then when you do remember, you stand around in the keep like an idiot waiting for the messages to finish only for no leader to spawn. I still find those missions more fun than quizzes, though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Why am I not able to beat the first Death Mountain mission with Impa/Sheik? Our keep is taken over right after Darunia's chamber becomes accessible. No matter what state everything is in or who is defeated or who is around or whatever. I can have literally every keep on the map and like zero enemy units, Darunia defeated, and it still says the keep is still lost. I can be standing there looking at the keep captain being at full health and everything. Is this a glitch or am I missing something stupid (most likely)?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Neo Rasa posted:

Why am I not able to beat the first Death Mountain mission with Impa/Sheik? Our keep is taken over right after Darunia's chamber becomes accessible. No matter what state everything is in or who is defeated or who is around or whatever. I can have literally every keep on the map and like zero enemy units, Darunia defeated, and it still says the keep is still lost. I can be standing there looking at the keep captain being at full health and everything. Is this a glitch or am I missing something stupid (most likely)?

Sounds like you're letting a Bombchu blow your base up.

Also keep captains don't matter to your team, your keeps are taken the instant their meter hits 0, the enemy doesn't have to kill a keep boss like you do. Bombchus instantly drop a keep's HP to 0.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

if anything is flashing on your radar you should probably kill it, in general if you can lock onto something it's probably worth killing on your way somewhere else, unless you have a more urgent task or a strict time limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So I actually found that Skulltula in the Zant stage to be far easier than the ones in Lana's gate stages. The problem with the level 2 gate stage was that once you defeat one of the enemy commanders, Cia becomes suicidal and runs into the enemy base, which can cause issues to getting to the Skulltula in time and back to save her. So the trick is apparently to beat one of the commanders and then hold off on beating either of the two commanders until you get the Skulltula.

For the level 3 stage, it was just a matter of Impa being a pain in the rear end and often dealing out too much damage to me to succeed. Doing these missions gave me a newfound love for the gate weapon. It's pretty awesome, but I still would rather use Lana's book because the gate is just not great for dealing with officers one on one, it works much better for crowds. I almost said I'd prefer the spear over the gate too, but the special attack for the spear is probably the worst of any character, and the ending animation for a full combo attack leaves Lana too vulnerable (though it does fantastic damage).

So now I've gotten all Skulltulas and once I beat the last Reward map, I can move on to the Master Quest map! I even managed to finally get an Imprisoned's Pillar, from the Boss Rush map (which is a huge pain). Apparently the odds of getting a good material also depend on the level of the enemy, the lower the level, the less likely you are to get its gold material. This would make sense, since the enemies on Boss Rush seem pretty high level (99 Link with 5 star Gauntlet and Vs Dragon took longer to take out a Dodongo than on other stages). Still, the stage is way too much of a pain to make it good for farming materials.

• Locked thread