Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Lmao, where did you find that gem of a post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
The fact is that this game is NO WHERE near as great looking as most games nowadays, so if his beast [TotalBiscuit's SLI Titans] can't run it properly it's clearly because the game is poorly optimised. The devs didn't work on it for long, and it shows.

"The game is clearly a joke from the start."

Well everyone knows that, but the joke cost $10. That's the problem. The fact that it sells this much is like asking for more poorly programmed games with no story and lack of features (come on now, they want US to program a multiplayer mod instead of working on this joke one more week?). The game is just not good (even if you think it's funny, you know it's a bad game), and I'd rather see a good game in the top sellers instead of an extremely dumbed down version of Just Cause 2 where the only fun part is the glitches (that are always the same so it gets old extremely quickly).

I'm not raging BTW, just explaining to you where the "hate" comes from. I'll never buy this game and I'll never care about people who do.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"I'll never care about people who buy this game" welcome to the new video games.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Again, it's a more complicated issue than people like to think it is because individualism isn't as much of a thing in Japan as it is in the west. Furries and bronies are made fun of and derided, but a furry or brony making a casual mention of their uncomfortable and rather disgusting hobby will mostly only make the other person uncomfortable, as opposed to making them immediately look for a way out of this conversation.

Japan is more communalist than America or most of western Europe, so when you have someone who's going against cultural norms as much as otaku do, that's a serious problem for a lot of them. They're not working toward the same things as they are and that should be punished. That is the idea. The fact that they tend to low on the achievement totem pole and have stereotypically unattractive jobs simply reinforces the idea that they're squeaky cogs.

In America, someone who has the same habits of an otaku would be a more like Dante from Clerks. lovely job, no direction, probably a bit whiny. Only instead of hockey being the habit of the day, it'd be watching anime. Taken from culture to culture most otaku wouldn't be hated in America or West Europe, just kind of dismissed as hopeless and otherwise mostly ignored. The feeling is more intense in Japan because communalism is big.

The crimes you're referring to are mostly the media responding to this feeling, rather than spawning it. See also the CSI furry episode that everyone lapped up because we already knew that some subsection of furries are disgusting deviants who engage in dangerous acts for no good reason.

Hopefully that cuts down a bit on home-grown gamers.txt.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
same ^^^^^

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Will it hurt when I die? Will I dream? Will all of you be there?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

mutata posted:

Of course, how else would you know you're in hell?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
On the one hand they already have mostly everyone's money, but on the other hand they probably could have charged 40 bucks and made a lot more.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Section Z posted:

Honestly I don't know if I should be surprised or not Supernorm is only goofing off with the shitposters and not responding in any way to legitimate questions about gameplay. You, like all two of them in the past month oh wait I guess that's why.

Actually the shitposters are just Tiy's and Supernorn's alt accounts. It's like purposely starting fires in the forest during dry season so that when a real fire happens, it doesn't go out of control, only then you realize you love starting fires and you're an arsonist and also the forest is a good place to bury the bodies of all the (non-staff) hobos that you ran over in your pickup truck. Also your truck has horsetit mudflaps.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Koobze posted:

Actually the shitposters are just Tiy's and Supernorn's alt accounts. It's like purposely starting fires in the forest during dry season so that when a real fire happens, it doesn't go out of control, only then you realize you love starting fires and you're an arsonist and also the forest is a good place to bury the bodies of all the (non-staff) hobos that you ran over in your pickup truck. Also your truck has horsetit mudflaps.

Hello, I am TIYURI, please insert cashe. *Tips Fedora*

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Nice metaphore but not enough beach balls for me tbh

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I just bought this game and this thread makes me afraid to play it. I just liked terraria.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Splits posted:

I just bought this game and this thread makes me afraid to play it. I just liked terraria.

Probably should have stuck with that then.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Supernorn posted:

I can confirm that no races will be able to transform into toilets.

I want my $15 back.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Splits posted:

Just get the StarBound for Terraria mod, it is simply it just disables half of Terraria's features and adds horsetits.

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

Hey Supernorn, has any work been done to the race npc AI?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Get with the program, there has been no work done on this game since it was first released in 2007.

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

the way they breed currently, I gotta know if my spaceship needs some "accident" airlocks to weed out the chaff now and then

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
starbound where is the pregnancy simulation????

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

pwnyXpress posted:

starbound where is the pregnancy simulation????

Its in the fanfics, and in our hearts.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rrussom posted:

Japan is more communalist than America or most of western Europe, so when you have someone who's going against cultural norms as much as otaku do, that's a serious problem for a lot of them. They're not working toward the same things as they are and that should be punished. That is the idea. The fact that they tend to low on the achievement totem pole and have stereotypically unattractive jobs simply reinforces the idea that they're squeaky cogs.

In America, someone who has the same habits of an otaku would be a more like Dante from Clerks. lovely job, no direction, probably a bit whiny. Only instead of hockey being the habit of the day, it'd be watching anime. Taken from culture to culture most otaku wouldn't be hated in America or West Europe, just kind of dismissed as hopeless and otherwise mostly ignored. The feeling is more intense in Japan because communalism is big.

This is my favorite starbound post I am so confused.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I think it would've been less embarrassing for Chucklefish if they had just taken the money and ran at this point.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

mutata posted:

The only one who will accompany you past death is Rrussom.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Thanks, Starbama...

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Vanderdeath posted:

I think it would've been less embarrassing for Chucklefish if they had just taken the money and ran at this point.

Its unlikely that I'll actually play the game I bought, so they might as well?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Splits posted:

The thread's only this way because it's been a long time since there was a stable patch. The game as you have it is pretty drat fun, but it doesn't have a lot of anticipated features, so you'll burn out on it unsatisfyingly sooner or later. If you've got a tolerance for grinding and like building stuff in Terraria, "later" can be hundreds of hours.

Fans elsewhere got really upset and entitled about the lack of completed features and slowness of the progress (much as they had been through the whole development- even before the game was released). For a while people here mocked those people. Then the mocking turned to trolling, as people tried to say inflammatory things to rile up serious defenders of the game.

With the lack of updates the whole thing turned into a horrific feedback loop and the thread disappeared up its own rear end, in the most literal way I've ever seen.

The game's fine to play around with for now, though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ahundredbux posted:

Thanks, Starbama...

Starrack Boundbama.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Eiba posted:

The thread's only this way because it's been a long time since there was a stable patch. The game as you have it is pretty drat fun, but it doesn't have a lot of anticipated features, so you'll burn out on it unsatisfyingly sooner or later. If you've got a tolerance for grinding and like building stuff in Terraria, "later" can be hundreds of hours.

Fans elsewhere got really upset and entitled about the lack of completed features and slowness of the progress (much as they had been through the whole development- even before the game was released). For a while people here mocked those people. Then the mocking turned to trolling, as people tried to say inflammatory things to rile up serious defenders of the game.

With the lack of updates the whole thing turned into a horrific feedback loop and the thread disappeared up its own rear end, in the most literal way I've ever seen.

The game's fine to play around with for now, though.

Actually Starbound is bad and doesn't show any signs of getting better

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

oddium posted:

Actually Starbound is bad and doesn't show any signs of getting better

Just like your posting!

Rrussom posted:

Just like your posting!

Same with you, Pal!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
The reason people are still talking about this (after two whole days!) is because everyone except a vocal minority is tired of tone policing and problematic issues. We can all laugh again, freedom is back. Also the bad lady and her cuckbuddies are trying to destroy evidence on the internet and it's funny how much it's not working.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
So, is the game out yet?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Colonel J posted:

So, is the game out yet?

Yeah it was a resounding success and a very nice guy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Colonel J posted:

So, is the game out yet?

Yes, you're posting in it. This thread, it is the game. Welcome to Starbound.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
It's a game where some of the main features are an online experience and player mods.

The current model of nightly builds essentially has disabled that, that is why people are pissed.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Rrussom posted:

I asked for a refund I EXPLAINED IN CLEAR DETAIL THAT I NO LONGER HAVE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT! I asked if I could get store credit they assured me they could do so. Well they refunded the money to the paypal account anyway which I do not have access too and that person now has 60$ for free. They wrote me a email pretty much stating OH WELL contact paypal.....why? I am contacting you guys since you made the mistake not me I clearly over and over even called and stated this, I even said if you had to refund the paypal account and could not give store credit just leave the pre-order that I had....yet they still refunded to a account that I do not own and that person that owns it is no longer available. I will never ever purchase from you again and I will buy my things from G2A from now on! I was a loyal customer and you lost my business for life, you have way to much competition on there to just ignore and neglect your consumers. I buy a ton of games since I am a streamer and I will publicy denounce you in every broadcast just to make sure you do not get any business from my viewers.

So beautiful, if I fed off people's emotions this would be my Thanksgiving dinner!

I can't stop loving laughing at this.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rrussom posted:

I asked for a refund I EXPLAINED IN CLEAR DETAIL THAT I NO LONGER HAVE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT! I asked if I could get store credit they assured me they could do so. Well they refunded the money to the paypal account anyway which I do not have access too and that person now has 60$ for free. They wrote me a email pretty much stating OH WELL contact paypal.....why? I am contacting you guys since you made the mistake not me I clearly over and over even called and stated this, I even said if you had to refund the paypal account and could not give store credit just leave the pre-order that I had....yet they still refunded to a account that I do not own and that person that owns it is no longer available. I will never ever purchase from you again and I will buy my things from G2A from now on! I was a loyal customer and you lost my business for life, you have way to much competition on there to just ignore and neglect your consumers. I buy a ton of games since I am a streamer and I will publicy denounce you in every broadcast just to make sure you do not get any business from my viewers.

This is adorable. :3:

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

Hoping there's something with the ocean worlds that let us generate water, if I am going to have my space swimming pool it better not involve terraria water buckets to fill.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Silento Boborachi posted:

Hoping there's something with the ocean worlds that let us generate water, if I am going to have my space swimming pool it better not involve terraria water buckets to fill.

Well there's two ways you can do it on nightly:
-matter manipulator can pick up water (where it's pretty much just cubed like dirt)
-rainfall now accumulates

EDIT: \/ much, much faster (sand speed, I think.) Mind you it's a higher end upgrade for the thing currently.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

how fast does the MM gather the water? dirt-gathering speed or something faster?

• Locked thread