Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolverkur posted:

Being a vampire in Morrowind was loving fantastic. I killed all the guards in Balmora one by one and jumped between rooftops. Everyone hated me and my vampire mansion in the hills. I ruled that town like a loving Dracula.

man I always wanted to try the morrowind vampire thing but the few times I ran into one I killed it before it could pos me with vamp power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

zeal posted:

man I always wanted to try the morrowind vampire thing but the few times I ran into one I killed it before it could pos me with vamp power

iirc you can loot the bodies over and over and theres a chance each time of catching it

or you can just save yourself the trouble and console yourself some vampirism

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Minarchist posted:

or you can just save yourself the trouble and console yourself some vampirism

willing yourself into blood-drinking immortality does seem like the most CHIMy path to vampirism.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
my fav morrowind mod is the one where you can turn any npc into your blood thrall and sire them into vampires. i would fill my dungeons full of bandit cave npcs for feeding me and my vampire bros

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
This is my favourite mod. It's canon-friendly too:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Buck Turgidson posted:

This is my favourite mod. It's canon-friendly too:

I remember that mod being unironically amazing

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There is only one muffin in the entire game, and it belongs to an orcish manor owner in the Ascadian Isles.

why the gently caress do i know all this poo poo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I made Muffinwind and im not ashamed

I also made an "Enhanced Edition" a couple of years ago that imo was a lot better by virtue of not being made by a 15-year-old

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

There is only one muffin in the entire game, and it belongs to an orcish manor owner in the Ascadian Isles.

why the gently caress do i know all this poo poo

that's actually how muffinwind started, people made a thread saying there should be a muffin model for the muffin and that happened, so everyone started joking about how it should be spun off into an epic quest mod and i kind of went with it

kind of a lol randum monkey cheese starting point but hopefully the end product was less so

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

how am I just learning about this now and how did I miss that muffin in the Ascadian Isles??!?!? I'm a fuckin poser.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
It's literally just a piece of bread with the name muffin and some guy in the Cammona Tong has it. It's really easy to miss.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Turgidson posted:

It's literally just a piece of bread with the name muffin and some guy in the Cammona Tong has it. It's really easy to miss.

im makin a new character and im gonna steal that fuckin muffin and place it on my limeware platter next to vivec's soulgem

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Is there a mod that puts life bars and level numbers above NPC/enemy heads?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

GreatGreen posted:

you're really dedicated to your dream of turning this game into an MMO aren't you

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

This is the end of you, swit!

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

GreatGreen posted:

Die Fetcher!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

GreatGreen posted:

Imagine this game:

mechanics = Blizzard

I think I've got a pretty good half-chub going on right now.

:fuckoff:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hey this is a really good twenty three minute video on why morrowind is still awesome in 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0jiOpD-AQ

if you have the time its actually worth a watch, the guy brings up good points and its mainly an explanation on why "skywind" won't actually be morrowind (for reasons you all probably know)

anyway yeah watch it its pretty cool/good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
morroblivion wasn't morrowind but it was an enjoyable fun thing as heretical as that is

skywind will be similar, a bastard hellthing that is worth messing with

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

GreatGreen posted:

I could kill that Green. This game is ruined.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

As much poo poo as Morrowind gets for the swing-and-a-miss combat, putting MMO/Diablo-style clickfest shenanigans in a first-person game would be so much worse. :barf:

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
Hello I started my first Morrowind playthrough a couple weeks ago and it is a very good game IMHO

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Budohead posted:

Hello I started my first Morrowind playthrough a couple weeks ago and it is a very good game IMHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
Found the Lord's Mail on accident and it kind of feels like cheating but the fact that that happened is in itself a big plus from my point of view

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Budohead posted:

Found the Lord's Mail on accident and it kind of feels like cheating but the fact that that happened is in itself a big plus from my point of view

It's a pretty good item. Only thing better than it in terms of armor is Boethiah's Mail.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm reinstalling Morrowind tonight.
I wanna be a loving vampire but my guy is currently in the ash lands doing a main quest

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

currently tearin up poo poo in the Mages Guild in Balmora, love the face on that fuckin cat when I show up with all them shrooms she wanted

get on my level :drugnerd: :shroom:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also teleporting to Caldera guild and stealin that pimp rear end alchemy set feels so good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just checked up on the skywind mod and :eyepop: those dudes aren't fuckin playin around

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

GreatGreen posted:

If you're here for trouble, you'll get more than you bargained for.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Bolverkur posted:

also teleporting to Caldera guild and stealin that pimp rear end alchemy set feels so good

caldera should be your #2 stop in every game after balmora for that alchemy set and getting the boots of blinding speed

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol I got stuck on that naked nord vs witch quest cause he can just punch me until my stamina runs out and kill me.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

morroblivion wasn't morrowind but it was [...] enjoyable

gently caress you

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Malsgrein posted:

gently caress you

give it a shot. mess around. wander around in what feels like a russian knockoff of morrowind. install it in a foreign language for extra fun

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
If I tried Morroblivion I'd just end up missing the really cool Morrowind mods that won't work. And I'd gain. Uh. A different kind of crap combat? Morrowind + Tamriel Rebuilt = enough landmass to wander around without needing to throw in Cyrodiil.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you'd gain more broken poo poo to wander around and chim it up with though

now that i think about it i wonder why morroblivion didn't have more of the bugs openmw is finding

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
If Stuporstar's mods would work with MorrOblivion I'd be more willing to try it. But I seriously doubt it. Especially with the awkward scripting she had to come up with for the teacups.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

Also looting all those soul gems from the bosmer chick when you have to swap one out for a fake.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

getting randomly attacked when you sell her other soul gems in future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

SunAndSpring posted:

It's a pretty good item. Only thing better than it in terms of armor is Boethiah's Mail.

The Savior's Hide is excellent if you're a Breton.

scalded schlong posted:

getting randomly attacked when you sell her other soul gems in future

You mean you don't sell those to the creeper?

• Locked thread