Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I have no idea what the gently caress he was saying about Joel McHale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress he was saying about Joel McHale.

He saw Joel McHale in something, so he looked him up and found out about Community. He pirated Community, then I guess enjoyed it and listened to Harmontown. So he flew all the way to LA from Moscow to go to it, I guess, with all his life savings in tow.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Eugene is a loving legend, he shot straight to the top of the ranks for audience members and even guests in general with just one question.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

He saw Joel McHale in something, so he looked him up and found out about Community. He pirated Community, then I guess enjoyed it and listened to Harmontown. So he flew all the way to LA from Moscow to go to it, I guess, with all his life savings in tow.

Pretty certain the thing he saw McHale in was that bad video game award show spike did last year.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Your way works too posted:

Pretty certain the thing he saw McHale in was that bad video game award show spike did last year.

Yeah when Joel McHale was literally making fun of everybody and everything. poo poo was funny as hell. Also the nerd rage about the integrity of the gaming industry being compromised by Joel McHale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-rA5LzFc9I

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah when Joel McHale was literally making fun of everybody and everything. poo poo was funny as hell. Also the nerd rage about the integrity of the gaming industry being compromised by Joel McHale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-rA5LzFc9I

Ah great times indeed. I watched em live cause I was bored and Geoff was getting flustered at every point, and kept trying to keep things on track.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Goldburg quotin' the goon doctrine on bitcoin, nice. It was funny hearing dan deal with leanring some info about the energy consumption of bitcoin.

That whole segment with him had me cracking up more than most of the first half of the podcast.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 18, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:lol:

radlum
May 13, 2013

qbert posted:

If it's any consolation, the last handful of episodes have had audience guests who were 10x worse than Goldberg ever was. Hell, I would take Adam any day over Observational Humorist Spencer.

Yeah, if anything the tour has proved that Adam Goldberg fits better in Harmontown than random people across the country. I'd rather take him than that woman who was late for her job or the blind guy that was close to being pretty racist

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

radlum posted:

I'd rather take him than that woman who was late for her job or the blind guy that was close to being pretty racist

Can I use this as a press clipping?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That blind kid was awesome. Dan Harmon looked like he really enjoyed him.

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Livestream startin' in 15 mins, what what

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

They should call it "All That Jizz."

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Are Cameron Espisito and Rhea Butcher every bit as charming and magical this episode as I usually find them?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Are Cameron Espisito and Rhea Butcher every bit as charming and magical this episode as I usually find them?

yeah

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
I wish Dan wouldn't be so accommodating to the PC police. Cameron Espisito and Rhea Butcher nailed it with the paraphrased, I don't need you to protect me, line.

binwin711
Oct 18, 2013
The new harmontown ep seems like a return to form. I was cold on the last few episodes but this one was great.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah, I don't care much for the Earwolf cross promotions, but those two broads weren't terrible. It was also nice to hear a high energy Dan again. I don't know if it was the crowds or the wedding, but he was dragging rear end during the tour.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Foma posted:

I wish Dan wouldn't be so accommodating to the PC police. Cameron Espisito and Rhea Butcher nailed it with the paraphrased, I don't need you to protect me, line.

I've been kind of indifferent with Espisito when I've heard her on other things, she just kind of went on about the lesbian thing a lot. However, I totally agree with her and Butcher about the batman thing, and I'm now tempted to try their podcast(s). I've wondered more than once if the whole Nolan Batman thing was some mass delusion the world experienced; that third movie was the dullest super hero movie I've ever seen. At least the Schumacher ones were aggressively bad, I'd rather watch something that sucks than watch something that's so dull I start drifting to sleep.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Drunkboxer posted:

I've wondered more than once if the whole Nolan Batman thing was some mass delusion the world experienced;

I don't think it's as strong as that, but those movies are not great and could be argued to be not good either.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Drunkboxer posted:

I've been kind of indifferent with Espisito when I've heard her on other things, she just kind of went on about the lesbian thing a lot. However, I totally agree with her and Butcher about the batman thing, and I'm now tempted to try their podcast(s).
Wham Bam Pow is probably my least favorite Folks Talkin' About Movies podcast I've ever checked out, Put Your Hands Together is just a really solid stand-up show. Cameron hosts it so she mostly works the crowd and most eps have a 5-10 minute conversation between the two.

Cameron's new album is super great and I'd probably start there.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 2, 2014

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Took a while but now I'm all caught up to the latest Harmontown and now I'm suffering withdrawal :( I didn't really find anyone on the tour particularly annoying as the thread warned but Dino turned out to be pretty lovely.

Saying friend of the family and human being because "you can't say them" isn't comedy it's just dumb.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jeff :glomp:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Is Jeff back? Oh thank heavenly sweet gently caress.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Took a while but now I'm all caught up to the latest Harmontown and now I'm suffering withdrawal :( I didn't really find anyone on the tour particularly annoying as the thread warned but Dino turned out to be pretty lovely.

Saying friend of the family and human being because "you can't say them" isn't comedy it's just dumb.

I thought Dinosaur was pretty funny in the Chicago show, right up until he started dropping ethnic slurs. I'd be lying if I said I never laugh at racial humor, even some pretty offensive stuff, but saying friend of the family and nip as one word punchlines doesn't really get it done anymore. It just drops with a thud and everyone's just left looking at each other like "okay, so what do we do with this now". He's definitely more clever than that.

I did enjoy the gusto with which he threw himself into D&D this time, though. It was pretty refreshing.

fake edit: What a weird autocorrect...

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

EnsGDT posted:

Is Jeff back? Oh thank heavenly sweet gently caress.

Yes, he appears to be back and in form... :allears:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm liking the more measured gold b

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I literally JUST understood his username.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Guys...I know we all know this, but I have to say: Jeff Davis is a really attractive, ageless man. Holy poo poo.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Guys...I know we all know this, but I have to say: Jeff Davis is a really attractive, ageless man. Holy poo poo.

Dude will be 90 and look the same. He might just be a vampire.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Boy, do I hate it when Dan raps.

Also, I bought the documentary since I've gotten so many awesome free hours of entertainment from the podcast. Can't recommend it. Mostly it's just Dan talking about how much he loves his fans and wants to make them happy, so it's boring.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I thought it was interesting enough just to see the people I've spent a lot of time listening to. Jeff is a dreamboat.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Boy, do I hate it when Dan raps.

You are so wrong. His raps are amazing also he does a crazy dance while doing it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Evil Agita posted:

I thought it was interesting enough just to see the people I've spent a lot of time listening to. Jeff is a dreamboat.

Basically everybody looks exactly the way you'd expect them to look except Jeff, who looks like a young Kevin Bacon.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

"he died in a shoney's explosion"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ugh loving gently caress dan, don't get on lena dunhams side.

yea she has a lot of enemies, but she is also a dumb moron. I was worried harmon would side with dunham

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:ughh:

Lena Dunham is a terrible person who molested her sister and faked a rape story for headlines. Why would Dan possibly defend her?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Because of haters.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Is the new episode up? I don't see it on iTunes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Video is apparently up, but the audio podcast hasn't come out for some reason.