Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Nighthand posted:

Screw ghosts, I'll see you all in Unreal Tournament

Unironically this. Actually, AW is the closest thing to UT in like forever so that's probably why I'm enjoying it so much.

And gently caress I didn't realize Clan Wars was actually happening this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
It does. There's a Titan weapon and an anti titan weapon. What did you get on your Titanfall essay?? Doesn't seem like research paid off.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

SpazmasterX posted:

Everyone goes back to playing Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in an ironic twist.

That was a good game.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Static Rook posted:

Unironically this. Actually, AW is the closest thing to UT in like forever so that's probably why I'm enjoying it so much.

And gently caress I didn't realize Clan Wars was actually happening this weekend.

Maybe spending my formative years running around like a madman with a flak cannon is what led to my current trend of running around like a madman with a dubstep shotgun.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
AW has a :hellyeah: clone, if it had a Flak Cannon clone it would pretty much be the best forever.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

goin back to rainbow six vegas lads

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Can't rocket jump, worst game, 7/10

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
I had a great time yesterday playing with Bear and the bunch. I really liked when we all started rattling off in Russian for the better part of 3 hours, and then everything turned into some form of a Large, morose, throbbing (slightly damp), thick, veiny, huge, bulbous cock.

Many Many times of good were had,Many shootings of man, much explosion. ELITE!

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I'd like it more if you could use the magnetic wall things from the campaign. Titanfall came close, but I won't be happy until I can run around an Escher painting firing guns.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Momentum is also sorta, kinda like Assault I guess? Now if only there was a Two Towers-like map for CTF.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I had a great time yesterday playing with Bear and the bunch. I really liked when we all started rattling off in Russian for the better part of 3 hours, and then everything turned into some form of a Large, morose, throbbing (slightly damp), thick, veiny, huge, bulbous cock.

My parents are dead!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

wit posted:

I'd like it more if you could use the magnetic wall things from the campaign. Titanfall came close, but I won't be happy until I can run around an Escher painting firing guns.

Didn't Sin have that? I recall they had a bunch of designs ahead of the curve; like a spherical map, a la Prey.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Man tonight has been hell for playing alone. Clans have been out in full force.

Also it's silly being unable to use a laser sight and parabolic mic together.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 24, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Man tonight has been hell for playing alone. Clans have been out in full force.

Also it's silly being unable to use a laser sight and parabolic mic together.

In the grim darkness of the Advanced Warfare... there are only top and bottom rails.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

does anyone know how to link to my upload clips on the bone?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

This might help:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6001741?hl=en

quote:

Upload a video on Xbox One

You can upload videos to YouTube directly from your Xbox One. Here's how:

Sign in to the YouTube app
Navigate to Uploads and select the Upload tile. If you don't see the Upload tile, you may need to change the "Share on social networks" setting to Allowed on your Xbox account.
You'll now see the videos you've recorded on your Xbox One. Choose the video you'd like to upload.
Enter a title, choose the privacy setting for your video, and make sure that you're uploading to the correct channel. If you don't see the correct channel, sign out of the YouTube app and sign in with the desired channel.
Select Upload and your video will begin uploading. Make sure to stay on the upload screen until your video is fully uploaded as minimizing or leaving the app may cause the upload to fail.
It may take a few minutes for your video to be displayed in your Uploads row. Once your video is displayed, you can edit the title and privacy settings. You can also delete the video from YouTube. Note: This will not delete your video from your Xbox One device.

To learn more about editing your videos, visit the Xbox One help center.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

thanks... the xbox website didnt have anything nearly that loving useful.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Hardcore dom on riot and I get a merciless on B, not that it helped. I also seemed to have gotten a special medal or challenge or something for getting a merciless with a class with no exo launcher or ability. I can't find it in the menu but it popped up in game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

When's Ghosts nostalgia night?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Christoff posted:

When's Ghosts nostalgia night?

The night before COD12 releases.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Finally got a tac-19 variant! It came with less range. :negative:

Edit: Also I agree with whoever said gently caress riot.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 24, 2014

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Fibby Boy posted:

Finally got a tac-19 variant! It came with less range. :negative:

Edit: Also I agree with whoever said gently caress riot.

I think the only good one is the sledgehammer. It's pretty great.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yep. Riot is shite.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Is clan chat on the App broken for anyone else? I can see you guys say stuff sometimes but whenever I go to send a message it just says "clan chat unavailable".

Been doing this for a few days now

Edit: reinstalled but it didn't fix it

BaronVanAwesome fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 24, 2014

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Is clan chat on the App broken for anyone else? I can see you guys say stuff sometimes but whenever I go to send a message it just says "clan chat unavailable".

Been doing this for a few days now

Yeah. Whenever I try to send something it just shows me my own message with my name replaced with "gamertag" and then it just breaks.

And whenever it does work I got three messages whenever someone says something.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Wazzit posted:

Yep. Greenband is shite.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The app is and has always been buggy as hell for me.

e: BostonZombie I just got about six notifications for your message and I still can't see it in the app proper. Or any conversation.

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 24, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Yep. Riot is shite.

What's that loving terrible Detroit one with the B in the middle of a literal two exit box and walker tanks?

Add that to The List™.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Mister Macys posted:

What's that loving terrible Detroit one with the B in the middle of a literal two exit box and walker tanks?

Add that to The List™.

Detroit has the box with destroyable roof and tram gunner

Comeback has the killbox with walker tanks. (Not in Detroit).

Solar is da best map

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Detroit has the box with destroyable roof and tram gunner

Comeback has the killbox with walker tanks. (Not in Detroit).

Solar is da best map

Yeah, Comeback is the one I was thinking of. That sulphur/uranium mine with the blast doors isn't too hot either.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I just got a hail mary with the spike drone, so I'll be not prestiging until I do the other humiliation challenges

Game feels a lot better after the map exploits and connection fixes.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Big, throbbing, thick, meaty, veiny fucker it was. That and shoot many mans with bullet from gun causing to be a dead man with no life, yes?

We had a loving blast all weekend. Lots of people on and lots of stoming happening.

Also protip: If you need to get strafe kills to unlock a camo, use Exo hover, kills while hovering give you a strafe medal.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Comeback's loading screen has a large section of it dedicated to the word LAGOS, so hopefully that lets you know where it is.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Wazzit posted:

Yep. Riot is shite.

Mister Macys posted:

Add that to The List™.

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah, Comeback is the one I was thinking of. That sulphur/uranium mine with the blast doors isn't too hot either.

What the hell maps do you people think don't suck? I mean they're all clusterfucks of corners and ledges where you can be shot from a dozen angles.

I actually kind of like Greenband, but then, I stopped jumping into the pit after the first three times I played the map. It's trivially easy to jump over as long as you actually pay attention to where you are and where the pits are.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I think most of them are at least decent. I can't think of any off of the top of my head that I actually dislike; even Greenband I'm just kind of indifferent to.

e: I'm gonna stream some I guess http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

versus fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 24, 2014

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Versus you should do an experiment and switch blue to the big picture and cod:a bad game to the small picture and see what effect that has on the number of viewers you get.

edit: and then after that just remove cod from the stream altogether.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nighthand posted:

What the hell maps do you people think don't suck? I mean they're all clusterfucks of corners and ledges where you can be shot from a dozen angles.

I actually kind of like Greenband, but then, I stopped jumping into the pit after the first three times I played the map. It's trivially easy to jump over as long as you actually pay attention to where you are and where the pits are.

I don't have any issues with Greenband personally, though the enemy has a bad habit of spawning behind me in the building on A.
That, and mis-timing jumps and falling to my death in the gap by that area.

That rain map (Ascent?) is okay.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Nighthand posted:

Hardcore dom on riot and I get a merciless on B, not that it helped. I also seemed to have gotten a special medal or challenge or something for getting a merciless with a class with no exo launcher or ability. I can't find it in the menu but it popped up in game.

it's a cheeky grin wearing devil face skull thing. It is adorable.

Nighthand posted:

I love Greenband because now I know where not to jump and plummet to my death which helps me not be dead as much.

Detoit is also decent because it's the same poo poo. Run around like a madman. Plus you get the added badassery of jumping onto the glass ceiling on B and shooting through to land and get the flag (or be shot a lot.)

Riot's the only map I don't like. (gently caress Riot.). However someone mentioned walker tanks and yeah gently caress walker tanks. Those things can hit you anywhere other than the B flag of constant death.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Walker Tanks's Ranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Make it stop

ELC6N S67RC

• Locked thread