Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jesus wept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Robawesome posted:

Some fancy clothes for a special event

Ferragamo

Cole Haan
This is a disgusting act.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lunargrands are cool shoes imo, I'm waiting on a pair in the post

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They look like they have in-built bellows. Maybe for inflating balloons at childrens' parties.

I do like the leatherwork, though.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

Lunargrands are cool shoes imo, I'm waiting on a pair in the post

They're also comfy as gently caress. I managed to score a pair for ~$70 (which is all a pair of Cole Haan are worth) and they've since become one of my go to pairs just because of his comfortable they are. That said, I wouldn't get the black leather longwing version, because I would only be wearing black leather shoes to a funeral or something similar.

XIII has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Nov 24, 2014

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Snorkzilla posted:

These look fantastic. Can you report back on how they do in snow?

Of course all the snow started melting away as soon as I got them, but they seem great.

Warm and super comfortable.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Just picked this up for our office white elephant exchange:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e710/?srp=1

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Got me some inks.

Here's a comparison test between some various white ones on grey toned paper:

Thumbed for boring.

obsolete absolution
Oct 9, 2007
forgiveness is meaningless

A friend of mine has one of these, and it's impossible to pull out a tissue without the tissue ripping.

I guess that does make it a pretty good white elephant gift.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Logitech K800 wireless illuminated keyboard, 45% off on Amazon this past weekend.

8 pack of PPG Aquapel.

...and a bunch of other odds and ends I've been meaning to buy from Amazon.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Because my wife wanted a jersey for Christmas and Matthews is a beast.

Because I wanted a bracelet to dress down my Jazzmaster, and RobAwesome and the rest of the watch thread would have an aneurysm if I put it on a NATO.

E: Whoops, timg

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

15 bucks after the Best Buy sale and 10 bucks in rewards certificates

My IdTech5 collection is now complete.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

:japan:

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Geoj posted:

Logitech K800 wireless illuminated keyboard, 45% off on Amazon this past weekend.

I've had two of these and they're great. Got the first one because my noisy keyboard kept my college roomie awake. Got the second because I pried off some keys to clean it and broke the rubber inside :(

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Sunblood posted:

I've had two of these and they're great. Got the first one because my noisy keyboard kept my college roomie awake. Got the second because I pried off some keys to clean it and broke the rubber inside :(

I've had my eye on it for a while but I can't generally stomach spending more than $50 on a keyboard. With this past weekend's sale it dropped to $54 with prime shipping, close enough.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CaseFace McGee posted:

Because my wife wanted a jersey for Christmas and Matthews is a beast.

You know this means he's allowed to gently caress her now, right?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Geoj posted:

I've had my eye on it for a while but I can't generally stomach spending more than $50 on a keyboard. With this past weekend's sale it dropped to $54 with prime shipping, close enough.

I'm typing on one right now at work. It's pretty nice. I originally had a mechanical Das Keyboard with blue switches which is a little nicer to type on, but I could feel my officemates' desire to murder me rise every time I typed on it.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

sassassin posted:

He's too busy beating away Pitch Perfect fangirls with a broom since that movie trailer dropped last week.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

sassassin posted:

Hahaha yeah Caseface McGee sure just put his wife up to get hosed by some other dude, high 5 bro

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I also bought some gay shoes for idiots

sassassin posted:

haha cuck

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Levi's 510s. Bunch of stuff on sale on their site today and tomorrow.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Does it come with a monkey statue in 3-parts that no one can put together for the life of them?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Growing up watching sci-fi movies I always thought it was interesting to see what kind of clothing people in the 80's thought we would be wearing in the 2000's. Some of it was outlandish and ridiculous, some of it seemed pretty cool and appropriately futuristic from an 80's point of view. But now we're here, in the future we've been waiting for, and this is what we have to show for it. We don't own jetpacks, our cars don't fly, and we glued a goofy ribbed sole to existing shoes.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

davebo posted:

Growing up watching sci-fi movies I always thought it was interesting to see what kind of clothing people in the 80's thought we would be wearing in the 2000's. Some of it was outlandish and ridiculous, some of it seemed pretty cool and appropriately futuristic from an 80's point of view. But now we're here, in the future we've been waiting for, and this is what we have to show for it. We don't own jetpacks, our cars don't fly, and we glued a goofy ribbed sole to existing shoes.

That's kinda trill when you think about it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

DrBouvenstein posted:

Does it come with a monkey statue in 3-parts that no one can put together for the life of them?

You can only have one or the other. The choices are yours and yours alone.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I thought Mario was swinging a gross looking pizza for a sec

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

I bought this as well.

And Mario Kart 8.

And a Wii U and some controllers.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I have also bought this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogan Krkic posted:

I also bought some gay shoes for idiots

haha cuck

I think these shoes are permission for someone else to gently caress your wife.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

I think these shoes are permission for someone else to gently caress your wife.
cuckold shoes might find a market niche

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
A book!

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

4 of these, for holding my base malts for brewing

Also no picture but a 25kg sack of Thomas Fawcett Pearl malt for my brewing

Some more stir bars for my brewing

Matter of fact a bunch of erlenmeyer flasks for, yep, brewing.

15 vials of out of date yeast bc im a yeast wrangling professional.

And currently shopping for more work clothes bc I don't own much and have started a full time job.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Bought a pair of these for some light hiking around Colorado.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought these awesome little cookies at wal mart called Canelita's.

They are apparently some form of mexican cinnamon cookie. They are awesome.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LTBS posted:

Every pair of Merrills I have owned lost waterproofing after about 3 months when that black stuff around the toe box started flaking off. I had my first pair replaced but didn't want to go through the trouble after that. The company was good to deal with for the replacement though. I just wouldn't buy any advertised as waterproof (im not sure if those are) and expect them to be so after a dozen wearings.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

LTBS posted:

Where are you going hiking in colorado?

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Flaggy posted:

Where are you going hiking in colorado?

Around Boulder and the Foothills mainly

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Every pair of Merrills I have owned lost waterproofing after about 3 months when that black stuff around the toe box started flaking off. I had my first pair replaced but didn't want to go through the trouble after that. The company was good to deal with for the replacement though. I just wouldn't buy any advertised as waterproof (im not sure if those are) and expect them to be so after a dozen wearings.

That's not good to hear. I was going to get the Goretex ones but they didn't have my size in the shop I was in. I'll have to see how they do though. I don't mind sending them back to the company if they don't work.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

LTBS posted:

Nice, I live in the foothills, if I might make some suggestions, try Devils Backbone, its a nice and easy hike to get started, has some great rock formations. Or if you get a tiny bit north of that try Horsetooth. Great hike 2.5 mile hike that is all climb. Its fun and worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

LTBS posted:

That's not good to hear. I was going to get the Goretex ones but they didn't have my size in the shop I was in. I'll have to see how they do though. I don't mind sending them back to the company if they don't work.

I've had a pair of the Moabs with Goretex liners for three years or so, and they're still going strong for me. Hope they work out for you!